PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Sept. 26th - The Bark and the Bite (Pt. 2)

HiRezKelly
09-26-2014, 05:16 PM
Items

New Item: Short Bow

+15% Attack Speed. Cost: 600
This item starts a new Tier 1 Tree.

New Item: Charged Bow

+25% Attack Speed. Passive: Every basic attack has a 25% chance to trigger chain lighting, damaging the target and up to 4 nearby enemies for 20 physical damage. This cannot trigger more than once every 1s. Cost: 1350

Odysseus’ Bow

This item has been moved to the Short Bow tree, building off of Charged Bow, which has a lesser version of the Odysseus passive.

New Item: Hunter’s Bow

+25% Attack Speed. Cost: 1000.
This is a new Tier 2 item in the Short Bow tree.

New Item: Ichaival

+30% Attack Speed. Passive: Every successful basic attack increases your Physical Power by 10, and reduces your target's Physical Power by 10 for 3s. Max 3 Stacks. Cost: 1650.
This is a new Tier 3 item in the Short Bow tree, building off of Hunter’s Bow.

Heavy Hammer

Cost increased from 1100 to 1350.

Updated Item Icons

Iron mail, Steel mail, Midgardian Mail, Hide of the Nemean Lion, Mystical Mail, Sovereignty

Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes

Arachne

General

Adjusted web FX for Night Crawler ability on Black Widow skin.
Fixed her basic attack stats to show her full damage instead of ½

Cabrakan

Seismic Crush

Cabrakan now increases his attack speed by 70% for his next basic attack during this ability.

Refraction Shield

Increased stun duration from 1 to 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5s.
Reduced recovery time from 0.8s to 0.2s.

Tectonic Shift

Reduced recovery time from 0.5s to 0.2s.

Fenrir

General

New ability icons confirmed!

Freya

General

Fixed weapon trails overlapping if her attack speed was too high.
Fixed an issue with her body persisting after death.

Guan Yu

General

Added to the list of healers for purposes of Assault selection.

Isis

General

Fixed Scarlet Coven skin t-posing in the lobby.

Kali

General

Fixed her basic attack animations cutting off when at high attack speed.

Marked for Death

Kali’s Mark now has an indicator next to their health bar that only Kali can see. This is for Kali to more quickly identify her target.
Kali’s Mark is now revealed to her teammates when the mark is under 25% health. This appears as a unique special FX.

Kukulkan

General

Corrected several typos in his lore.

Whirlwind

Reduced the duration of damage, once you leave the Whirlwind, from 3s to 2s.

Mercury

Made You Look

Radius increase per rank reduced from 7.5/10/12.5/15/17.5 to 7.5/9/10.5/12/13.5.
Range reduced from 55 to 48.

Odin

Raven Shout + Lunge

Fixed an issue that would cause the shield to not explode if he landed in a cripple.
Fixed an issue that would cause the shield not to explode if he was stunned right after landing.

Raven Shout

Fixed an issue that would cause him to not hit units below him if his shield exploded while he was knocked up/thrown.

Poseidon

General

Legendary skin basic attacks no longer play the hit effect if they miss their target.

Ra

Speed of Light

A new passive meter has been added.

Solar Blessing

Improved the visual FX to be more distinct from friendly to enemy.
Alienware skin has Alienware logo on the ground, and the enemy Alienware will appear like the default skin color to help differentiate from friendly.

Serqet

Deathbane

Fixed a bug that cause the third dash to sometimes not hit.

Ambush

Cooldown increased from 15s to 17s.

Sobek

Blessing of the Nile

A new Passive meter has been added.
This ability now builds stacks on successful hits from basic attacks and abilities. Abilities will only grant one stack even if multiple targets are hit.

Sun Wukong

General

Fixed Dark Lord skin to no longer T-Pose while doing taunts and laughs.

Xbalanque

Dead of Night

Passive meter added.

Zeus

General

Fixed some T-posing issues with his Almighty skin.

LostScarf
09-26-2014, 05:25 PM
Sylvanus Patch Notes

-Sylvanus-

Visually amazing as always. Voice pack also amazing.

Initial thought on his basic attack, can I hit the tower out of range with the splash? It is a pretty cool new idea though.

Passive: This makes Sylvanus very dangerous, in a Duo fight, if the ADC hits him and gets rooted, they'll be perfectly set up for a pull from Sylvanus or a CC from the ADCs before they just beat the ADC to death.

1st ability: An optional ability, can be used to damage someone or make an MP5 hive. The armor reduction should be great for team fights.

2nd ability: Wisps, amazing team fight ability. Hurts all enemies and heals all teammates around him. This has great team fight and push potential.

3rd ability: Arachne's old ult, a long time ago Sobek was considered OP because his pull ignored minions but atleast he was in a bad spot for doing it. It will be interesting to see how people react to this ability.

Ult: Like A Geb ult; but a knock up, which can't be ignored. Will be a great interrupt and set up ult.

Summary: This god is all about support and the team fight. They have enough to keep a lane going and hold the line while ADC's away, but it doesn't look like he'll be good for anything outside of Support. This god should be a support machine, but I don't expect much kills out of him. Which is an interesting departure since the old goal was for all gods to be capable in their roles but able to get kills.

-Skins-

Pajama Party Kumbha does look amazing. Just oh my god, he has so much going on. He's carrying a Teddy and he has a butt flap and he's carrying a lamp. Just amazing. Just...amazing... Infinity Wave He Bo, also looks great. Man the sound coming off his 2 is amazing. I expect to see a lot of He Bo players in the next week, and that's gonna be good. He Bo can be a destructive force, but he can be easily killed as well. Oh my Hel recolor, This is about a year late, but yay. Sugar and Spice, great name. Dayum it is a nice looking recolor though.

-God Cards-

Jebus all of the cards look great. Gravekeeper Anubis, Soultaker Hades, Wrangler Artemis, and Righteous Hammer Thor.

-Voice Packs-

Glad they're finally filling up some of the voice packs, so it isn't HAVE FUN from a dude instead of the actual god.

-New Matchmaking-

Well hope it works. Gonna be a while until we see what it actually does. Non-timed queues, looks like we have enough of a population finally to test this out. Hope it works. "Things will probably get worse before they get better" -Kelly; well...dread...

-League Qualifier-

I am happy with Qualifiers, this will definitely help with Elo hell/Bronze 5. I am looking forward to this. Also according to Bart, Gold is the middle of the pack area where people will go up and down from. I'll be considering League games again.

-Spectator Fixes-

This'll be great for Tournament Casters and Machinima work. It can be a big pain to work with.

-New Items-

A new Bow tree

Short Bow - Tier 1

Charged Bow - Weaker Oddyseus' bow passive

Odysseus' Bow - No change

Hunter's Bow - Tier 2

Ichaival - This bow is kind of like Anhur's old passive. Only useful against Physicals, so great for 1v1 combat more than anything.

Unless the enemy team is physically heavy and all I need is attack speed, not sure if I'd add any of these items to my builds. They feel more niche that core in my opinion.

-Items-

Heavy Hammer nerfed, the increase in price makes it less viable as an opening item unless you have a teammate with you to take advantage of the slow.

-God balances-

Cabrakan buff: 70% attack speed on his one, this is needed just because of how slow the damn start up on that move is. Longer stun on his 2 and quicker recovery time. This certainly puts Cabrakan in a better position. I think this is everything he needed. He should be in a great place now.

Kali Buff: Teammates being able to see who her target is will be very helpful.

Kukulkan Nerfed: 2 whole ticks of damage lost, that is a huge nerf on him. Holy crap how is he gonna kill anyone without his ult.

Merf Nerfed: The Radius on his 1 is smaller and the range is shorter. There is no nerf to his damage here though. It'll take better aim to hurt enemies, probably can't hurt an entire wave either. This hurts his wave clear more than anything. He should still be a lethal ganker. For the time being I'm convinced this will hurt his solo play, but as a jungler he'll still be deadly.

Serqet Nerfed: Her Ambush is 2s longer. This shouldn't hurt any good Serqet players really.

Summary: The Buff that stands out is the Cabrakan Buffs, hopefully he'll be in a great position now. The Nerf that stands out is Kukulkan's nerf, He can still hold a lane for the most part, but YOUCH killing is gonna be a pain in the butt. He certainly lost a lot of potential there. The art and voice stuff is as amazing as always and I can't wait to see what support work Sylvanus can do. Good patch for the most part.

We'll now discuss the patch notes in depth for about an hour at www.twitch.tv/ScarfPlays (2PM PST)

RippleApple
09-26-2014, 06:06 PM
If only you gave that buff to Sobek to Ne Zha as well.

GodGuardian
09-26-2014, 10:49 PM
A little bummed out the Maltese Flag wasn't added in the icon list, apart from that the patch looks quite good and even thinking about getting the new Kumba skin!

Add the Maltese Flag as an icon, please! <3

EDIT: Mean't to post this in Part 1 - My bad :P

redsimon
09-27-2014, 11:46 AM
The Kukulkan nerf is really too much. Why do they always have to nerf so hard? Kukulkan only has this ability to do something useful, whether on his own or in team fights.
Why not reduce the whirlwind effect by one tick i.e. half a second instead of two ticks/one second? The result would be a weaker but still useful Kukulkan.

PokemonMasterGG
09-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Better nerf Freya. She's so broken now. Nerf her harder!

RippleApple
09-27-2014, 02:17 PM
The Kukulkan nerf is really too much. Why do they always have to nerf so hard? Kukulkan only has this ability to do something useful, whether on his own or in team fights.
Why not reduce the whirlwind effect by one tick i.e. half a second instead of two ticks/one second? The result would be a weaker but still useful Kukulkan.

...Or buff the damage on his 1 to pay for his tornado nerf. It's the best area denial skill in the game and the only thing that makes Kukulkan worth it. Buff his 1 as well as this nerf to his 3 and he'll probably be completely balanced.

Firellius
09-27-2014, 04:43 PM

Because it's damage, and damage needs nerfing. Everyone should build tank, not damage! All the other MOBAs do it, so SMITE must follow suit and make itself more and more comparable to the other MOBAs!

Nigadry
09-27-2014, 08:36 PM
The thing about smite balances is there is never really balance when it comes to some characters. They just nerf nerf nerf and occasionally buff 1 thing That is no way to balance a character if you nerf them and then buff them after they become unplayable because of the previous nerf. To have balance if you intent on nerfing something compensate something else with a small buff or dont nerf something to make it useless to begin with. Perfect example, you have this hyper carry freya with an instant ult ive seen many complaints about it and nothing has been done but nerfs come out the ass for lesser characters like nu wa getting nerfed 3-4 patches in a row. How long did it take for kumbha to finally get nerfed when he was just a walking CC to begin with? Also ever since the Poly nerf they havent even come up with any real magical attack items, the helmets are defensive and all theyve been bringing is physical weps which is unfair for the magical side of the game

RippleApple
09-27-2014, 09:49 PM
Freya... instant ult??

You can kill her in the time it takes for her to go up in the sky. Her ult isn't instant. Did I misunderstand?

Myrkulyte
09-28-2014, 02:04 AM
Freya... instant ult??

You can kill her in the time it takes for her to go up in the sky. Her ult isn't instant. Did I misunderstand?

Her ult is not instant, but the delay is so low, that you can consider it instant

RippleApple
09-28-2014, 03:38 AM
Her ult is not instant, but the delay is so low, that you can consider it instant

I've seen at least a dozen Freyas die like that...

TZEVE
09-28-2014, 10:38 AM
stop ssmoking weed inside of a bazooka and buff zeus!!!!

KingIsaacLinksr
09-29-2014, 11:44 AM
Please buff Sylvanus' passive to be 100% with a longer cooldown or change it into something else. As it currently stands, having an RNG proc on a 1 second root isn't a good mechanic. You're never certain when its going to happen and it's more than likely going to happen when Sylv's team isn't in a position to take advantage of it. Guardians have a tough enough time in SMITE without adding RNG into the works. At least with 100% chance of procing, both the enemy and Sylv's team will know when that root will activate and coordinate their efforts accordingly.

Heibel66
09-30-2014, 05:03 AM
My only complain is that the updated VP for Anubis sounds nothing like the older parts does :c

WraithofLight
09-30-2014, 08:39 AM
Is there something wrong because i see matches for the new god but i didn't get any patch is there a problem again with the patch

Heibel66
09-30-2014, 11:06 AM
You can try out the new god in the Public test servers. The patch has not yet been released

Sukishoo
09-30-2014, 11:35 AM
PTS is up and patch will probably be tomorrow.

WraithofLight
09-30-2014, 12:09 PM
You can try out the new god in the Public test servers. The patch has not yet been released

The patch has been released it is normally every 2 weeks on a Tuesday now it is on a Wednesday it seems

Worshipper
09-30-2014, 02:15 PM
The 33% damage reduction to Kukulkan's whirlwind is going to be a fairly crippling blow to him. It also makes his waveclear much weaker unless he can babysit the wave and make sure they're not moving when he drops his whirlwind on top of them, especially at early levels. Considering he's a pure damage mage with zero utility or hard CC, losing a big chunk of his damage will likely drop him to a niche pick at best. Perhaps adding a secondary effect beyond just damage to his whirlwind would balance it out a bit, such as an attack speed debuff, slow, or something.

SeductivePower
09-30-2014, 03:50 PM
The 33% damage reduction to Kukulkan's whirlwind is going to be a fairly crippling blow to him. It also makes his waveclear much weaker unless he can babysit the wave and make sure they're not moving when he drops his whirlwind on top of them, especially at early levels. Considering he's a pure damage mage with zero utility or hard CC, losing a big chunk of his damage will likely drop him to a niche pick at best. Perhaps adding a secondary effect beyond just damage to his whirlwind would balance it out a bit, such as an attack speed debuff, slow, or something.

Another drama queen who cries for a buff for this tiny nerf Kuku got. His wave clear is as strong as it was before. The reason they nerfed his tornado a little bit was to decrease his damage on gods, cuz it's just unfair if u touch this shit with 1 toe and u get the full damage! So no buff needed! And btw Kuku has a heavy slow and a knock up to the side...so idk why u say he has zero CC?

Astraous
09-30-2014, 11:53 PM
I wish people would stop complaining about the Kukulkan nerf. They say how crippling or how hardcore of a nerf it is but as he was before, he could take off half or more of someone's hp if they were so much as slightly inside. He doesn't have low damage now because it does 2/3 the damage it used to, it's still really high. Just not "I hope you brought 5 hp pots" high. Squall + nado or Squall + ult is still very potent against other midlaners. Only difference is now you can't go super greedy and hit the god for full damage as well as clear the whole wave because you clipped both the god and the wave with the edge of the aoe. Now you might have to ult to get a kill. Or squall. Maybe autoattack. Might even have to try to get a kill to get one now, who knows.

Rhodonite
10-01-2014, 02:46 AM
Sooo... is patch today? I wanna see Silvanus and I wanna check out the improvements on my croc.

Fricks
10-01-2014, 04:53 AM
From how I understand the KKK change, they arent nerfing his dmg at all; Just the time in which it takes for the dmg to be dealt. So say it did 1000 in 3 seconds before, now it will do 1000 in 2 seconds. Meaning things like aegis will be able to counter it better. Since lets be honest, unless you're cc'd, you arent being hit by tornados or his ult. Leaving him with 1 combat ability when alone, squall.

That was just my take on the change. For all I know they are removing two ticks of damage without saying that they are. But that would be an obscene nerf making him unplayable, and it wouldnt be what the change said it was. Which again, is a duration change, not a damage change. We'll have to wait and see to know for certain, but I really think you are all over-reacting to your own inability to read.

Minneetje
10-01-2014, 07:52 AM
In assault: How can guan yu compete with healers like ra/ hel. Right now ur basicly screwed if u get a guan yu.

And if we see guan yu as a healer where do cupid and sylv**** stand.

re1wind
10-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Normal Smite is patching itself but i can't find patch notes anywhere, so i'm going to guess that this update went onto the official branch of Smite?

Guan Yu's healing is negligible compared to hel or ra. If guan yu is flagged as a healer for assault, cupid, sylvanus, Hades, and isis should be too. They *can* heal allies, not as effectively as hel or Ra, but a heal is a heal.

GY's healing is capped at 170hp at lvl 5, 2x multiplier pushes that to 340hp. That is his maximum healing without de/buffs, and does not scale with physical power. to charge up his passive he needs to build a minimal amount of protections, reducing his damage, making him less threatening in a team fight. Waiting to get a full passive before using his heal is also unrealistic. Being a *WARRIOR* GY has less starting mana and gains less mana per level, and the only non-starter mp5 items are stone of gaia and transcendence. the latter is unavailable in assault, which leaves us with stone of gaia and watcher's gift. So one mp5 item for a mana-intensive warrior-healer god. There is also no physical version of "rod of asclepius".

Hel's heal is 180hp (+50%) at lvl 5, and grants a movement speed buff. to reach the 340hp cap of guan yu, hel needs 320 magical power, which is 2-3 items? lvl 15-16? Rod of asclepius increases the healing by 15% reducing the required magical power to..250-ish?

VLADN
10-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Latest update is soo unbalanced... new God way overpowered... tried in arena.. he was with Scylla,Artemis,Serqet and Geb and I got rotted for 10 seconds in a row... NO diminishing returns? all root...

Rarrl
10-01-2014, 03:59 PM
In assault: How can guan yu compete with healers like ra/ hel. Right now ur basicly screwed if u get a guan yu.

Guan Yu definitely counts as a healer in Assault.
http://i.imgur.com/z2h7jGC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/P6wzDWP.jpg
Anecdotal evidence, sure, but it's always annoyed me how Guan Yu messed up the healer ratio of the teams.
The thing about Guan Yu is that you don't have to build for healing in order to heal - which leaves you up for building tanking or dps and still provide optimal healing.

RippleApple
10-01-2014, 04:10 PM

Guan Yu regularly outheals Chang'e if you know what you're doing. Just build him with protections and he's very hard to kill and his passive stacks much easier, letting him get crazy high healing numbers. He's especially effective against damage over time gods like Poseidon and Kukulkan since he can start with magical protection and just walk into their tornado/whirlpool to strengthen his heal. It's easier than letting the minion wave his you at least.

Guan Yu can't quite compete with Ra or Hel, but he can definitely compete with Aphrodite and completely roflstomps Chang'e unless the match goes on for an hour, because Chang'e's heal only really surpasses Guan Yu's when she's at max level with a full build, and even then she's usually easier to take out of the game than Guan Yu because she's kind of fragile.

Cupid is the worst healer in the game though, outside of gods like Hades with his impossible to safely hit healing ability. Just by numbers alone Cupid gets around 10k max on half hour games, that's almost nothing.

jeffhunter12
10-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Is it just me or does any1 else hate the new fenrir ability icons? i dont know why they were changed but honestly they look alot worse. as if u took the old ones and downgraded them somehow, hope this wont me permanent

KraljLasica
10-09-2014, 03:35 PM
All guardians need nerf.
most of the guardians should weaken mp...Like Ymir,Sobek or Ares...Ares is rly unbalanced...