PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while...

Hazardtime
09-05-2014, 09:04 PM
I haven't played Smite since 2012, during closed beta. In that time I accumulated almost 400 games played and of course being level 30. I quit for League, but I'd like to come back to Smite as that's where most of my friends are now located... but it's been so long since I played.

I was wondering if someone could possibly do a run-down of the following:
and anything else that could possibly be useful.

Looking to know what God's are ADC, Support, Mid, Solo, and Jungle. How to start in lanes, such as if I'm solo should jungle come over and give me the buff early in? If I'm mid I always go to gold camp, etc? Any tips on all the lanes and possibly a guide to jungling and a picture of the updated Smite map showing all buff camps?

Thiuss
09-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Looking to know what God's are ADC, Support, Mid, Solo, and Jungle. How to start in lanes, such as if I'm solo should jungle come over and give me the buff early in? If I'm mid I always go to gold camp, etc? Any tips on all the lanes and possibly a guide to jungling and a picture of the updated Smite map showing all buff camps?

Adc = any of the hunters as well as Freya and Mercury.

Support = any of the guardians as well as a few warriors.(Herc, Chaac, Sun Wukong, Guan Yu).

Mid = Most of the mages.

Solo = some mages and most warriors. Assassins like Loki and Mercury are common there too.

Jungler = any assassin as well as some of the warriors (Tyr and Osiris especially). Freya is the most common mage you'll see jungling. Other gods can jungle, but it will depend on who you're against and how good you are, etc.. Ymir is also a good jungler due to his CC and pretty high damage output for a tank.

At the beginning of the game, a jungler goes to the side of the solo lane. The solo laner will help the mid laner with the mid harpies. Meanwhile the junger solos the red buff. After that, the solo laner and the jungler kill the blue buff. After that, both of you will be level 2. The jungler then lanes with the solo laner until level 4 or 5 (or whenever the other jungler leaves the lane). If you stay past level 5, you most likely will piss off the solo laner. Of course, this assumes the other team doesn't invade. Sometimes the blue buff or mid harpies will be contested.

This is the standard "meta." Of course, other things can work, but again it depends on the skill of the player and opponents.