PDA

View Full Version : Mefitis Goddess of Disease

Boatmurdered
04-06-2014, 08:53 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r318/illandra_2007/Mefitis_by_B_a_s_t_e_t.jpg
Roman Goddess of Poison, and Disease
In Roman mythology, Mefitis (or Mephitis) was the personification of the poisonous gases emitted from the ground in swamps and volcanic vapors. Mephitic, derived from Mefitis, is an adjective in the English language meaning "offensive in odor"; "noxious"; and "poisonous."

Essentially a god of disease/plague.

Type Ranged Mage, or possible Assassin if built right

Passive "Poisonous Residue"

Every attack, or spell Mefitis does afflicts the target with "poison residue" which deals 2% of Mefitis's magical power in damage per second for 5 seconds as magic damage. Successive attacks stack with, and refresh the debuff. Stacks up to 10 times. Does a minimum of 1 damage per second per stack.

Example 1: It's the start of the game, and you have 30 magical power. You land an auto attack, and so your target receives Poison Residue, which will now tick for 1 damage per second for 5 seconds. If you hit them again before the timer is expire it now will tick for 2 damage per second, and the timer will be reset back to 5 seconds. The highest it could go in this example would be 10 stacks at 10 damage per second, but that would require 10 auto attacks, or spells cast fairly quickly.

Example 2: It's late game, and you're rocking 600 magic power. You land an auto attack. Your residue now ticks for 12 damage per second. If you manage to get it to 10 stacks...somehow. Then it's ticking for 120 damage.

(Bear in mind this is magical damage, and not true damage so in the 10 stacks example it would be 180 and then minus protections which keeps the ability balanced)

Poison Spray

Mana cost: 70/75/80/85/90

Cooldown: 16 seconds at all levels/Channeled ability, which channels for 3 seconds

Mefitis levels her staff in front of her, and cast a poisonous spray, which can be aimed while channeling (like Anubis ult). This spray does 20/25/30/35/60 +(25% of your MP) per second as magic damage. Applies only 1 stack of Poisonous Residue per second. Damage is increased by 2% per stack of Poisonous Residue on the target. If the target has 10 stacks of Residue then they are rooted for 1 second.

Mefitis is immune to knock ups/knock backs while channeling this ability. Mefitis may move while channeling, but at a -50% MS penalty.

Choking Gas

Mana cost: 50/55/60/65/70

Cooldown: 16/16/15/15/15 seconds

Mefitis raises her hand, and flicks her wrist. A green patch of gas is summoned where the player chooses that does 5/10/15/20/25 (+10% of your magical power) in magic damage per second, and slows enemy gods by 10/15/20/25/30%.
Last 5 seconds. About the size of Baka's ult.

Only inflicts 1 stack of Poisonous Residue on enemies, but continuously resets the timer until they leave the cloud. If an enemy has 10 stacks of Poisonous Residue then they are silenced for 2 seconds.

At any time Choking Gas is active Mefitis may swap places with the gas cloud. This may only happen once per cast, and cost 40/45/50/55/60/65 mana.

If Mefitis is killed then Choking Gas is immediately cast on the location she died at. This will only happen if she has any points in Choking Gas, and will only cast the current level of her cloud. (So if she dies and has level 2 CG then it'll spawn the level 2 CG)

Poisonous Apparitions

Mana cost: 90/105/120/135/150

Cooldown: 10/12/14/16/20 seconds

Mefitis summons 1/1/2/2/3 Poisonous Apparition(s). The Apparition(s) follow Mefitis for 3/3.5/4/4.5/6 seconds, and attempt to attack the closest enemy nearby for 2/4/6/8/10% (+10) of Mefitis's MP in magic damage.

Apparitions take 1/1/1/1/2 hits to destroy from gods/structures(or 2/3/3/3/4 hits from minions), and when they die they explode covering all nearby enemies in 2 stacks of Poisonous Residue. Explosion range is the same size as Hog. Apparitions will automatically come to Mefitis's aid should she be attacked while they are within range. Any auto attack made against Mefitis while an Apparition is in range is instead redirected to the Apparition. God Ultimates, and spells may not be redirected in this manner. (Neith, Nu Wa ult, or Ra beams. Nothing, but autos, and does not redirect structure, or boss attacks)

For each Apparition destroyed before the timer expires reduces Poisonous Apparition's cooldown by 1.5 seconds.

All Apparitions for auto attack purposes apply a stack of Poisonous Residue when they attack.

Any enemy with 10 stacks of PR that is caught in an Apparitions explosion is instead stunned for 1 second. Apparitions remain until killed, or time expires. If an apparition expires from the time limit it does not explode.

Ultimate- Poisonous Requiem

Mana Cost 125/135/145/155/175

Cooldown 110/105/100/95/90 seconds

Mefitis kneels down on the ground, and is rooted/channeling in place until the wall erupts. As it erupts she brings her hands up in time with the eruption. She is immune to cc/knockback while channeling her ult.

The player is given a circle to place (about the length of 2 Ymir walls , and about half length of a Ymir ult range). Once placed this wall erupts after 2 seconds, and spews poison for 2/3/4/5/6 seconds.

Enemies inside the radius take 90/100/110/120/130 (+25%% of your MP) per second. Gives 3 stacks of Poisonous Residue to any enemy that is caught in the poison wall, and 2 stacks per second to any enemy that remains inside the ult. For each stack of poisonous residue healing is reduced by 4% for 5 seconds. Enemies in the circle while Mefitis is channeling to cast are slowed by 30%.

While channeling the ult Mefitis gains "staggered damage. While channeling Mefitis can not be reduced below 1 health, and any fatal damage she takes is staggered. Staggered damage is done after the ult is cast.

The ult does not dissipate on death.

Example: Mefitis channels the ult, and has 1000 health. Apollo shoots her for 1500 damage. In this case she would take the hit, and drop to 1 health. After the ult was cast she would take the rest of the damage killing her.

Note: In rare cases Mefitis may survive the ult if she is healed before the staggered damage is done.

Example: Mefitis is shot by Neith. Neith does 100 damage to Mefitis, and she only has 50 health. Her team kills Neith. Her health is now 1. She is now healed by Hel for 400 putting her health at 401. Her ult finishes casting, and she takes the 50 staggered damage so her health is now 351.

Aphrodite's ult would work provided the timing was excellent as well.

God overall stats, and Baselines

375 Base Health (+75 per level)/ @20 with no items 1875

300 Base Mana (+45 per level)/@ 20 with no items 1200

Speed 360

Range 55

Attacks per Second 1 (+1.5%)

Basic Attacks 35 +1.5 (20% MP)

No attack progression

Protections

Physical 7 (+2.1)

Magical 30 (+0)

Hp5 7 (+.5 per level)

Mp5 4.6 (+.4)

Potential Item Builds

Potential Item Build 1- Da Squishy Mage
Magi Boots
Magus Spear
Divine Ruin
Rod
Gem/Thoth
Voidstone/Warlock Sash

Potential Item Build 2- The Unkillable
Magi Boots/Reinforced
Warlock Sash
E.Staff
Mystical Mail/Sov
Voidstone/HW Amulet
Thoth
Gem/Divine Ruin

Potential Build 3-Middle of the Road
Magi Boots
Gem
Rod
Breastplate of Valor
Voidstone
Shard/Spear

Potential Item Build 4- I HAVE THE POWER!
Magi Boots
Spear
Rod
Soul Reaver
Bancroft
D.Ruin

Potential item Build 5- Nice life...steal.
Shoes of Focus
Spear
Bancroft
Polynomicon
Divine Ruin
P.Piece
Rod of T.

Potential Item Build 6 Them Auto's
D.Grip
Fatalis
Boots
T.Ring
Rod
Divine
Poly

Good Starter Items/Relics to consider
Girdle
Aegis
Creeping Curse
Beads
Vamp Shroud

Mefitis is one of the only gods I could see Divine Ruin being core on since her passive would proc it, and it would just be the bees knees.

Voice Lines
Game Start: Ah, another group of "unkillable" gods...let's see how long that lasts.

When buying consumables: Ugh, why do these always taste like grape?
When buying consumables: Well....I guess I'll take some.

Low Health: Ok that could have gone better
Low Health: All according to plan.
Low Health: Well this stinks!

Ward Placement: Why do I keep finding these in my room?
Ward Placement: Ah, ha now I can see them before I get killed. Very useful.

Gold Fury/Fire Giant Kill: Not immune to poison I see.

When buying offensive items: Double double, Poison EVERYTHING! I'm...not good at rhyming.
When buying offensive items: When in doubt murder harder!
When buying offensive items: None may stand against my poison now!

When buying defensive items: Well...I do like living.
When buying defensive items: I hope this works better than it looks.

Joke: Listen! Do you smell that?
Joke: It's impolite to tell a lady she smells!
Joke: It wasn't me. No, seriously it wasn't this time.
Joke: I don't care for the cold. I'm not dressed for it.
Joke: Vulcan is a nice enough roommate, but he's always so loud.

Taunt: Enough poison can kill anything...even gods!
Taunt: If only stupidity could help fight poison then you'd probably be immune!
Taunt: Let your guard down for even an instant, and it's all over!

Death Animation: Mefitis's cloak spins, and wraps around her, as she sinks into the ground, and a cloud of gas is all the remains. At the same time her staff has been thrown skyward, and once she's completely in the ground it strikes the center of the gas patch.

Directed Taunts:
Vulcan: All that time spent making worthless toys.

Anubis: No, no, no that's not how you plague anything. Take notes from a real plague master darling.

Bastet: Ugh, sorry dear, but I'm allergic.

Agni: Two heads, and you still didn't notice until it was too late? How sad for you.

Xbalanque: Oh maybe we can get together, and you can tell me all about your incredible impressive...poisons. That's what I was going to say. You can't prove anything.

The Rat: IT'S SO CUTE! Can I keep it? Please?

Fenrir: Put your tongue back in your mouth, and stop drooling!

Awilix: I almost felt bad about that.

Serqet: Not a bad bit of poison...for an amateur.

Neith: She's responsible for creating the universe? SHE CAN'T EVEN WEAVE PANTS LET ALONE THE UNIVERSE!

Alt skins:
The Plague Doctor
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/DECYPL/chow102_decypl-1.jpg
During the Black Death seeing a Plague Doctor meant that death was nearby. For most of the world this costume is the face of true horror. Often associated with crows.

Animation changes-

Her Spray is cast through the cane rather than staff
Her cloud is now a thrown flask that shatters, and releases the poisonous mist
The Apparitions now summon copies of the plague doctor but are a different color.
On death a flask is thrown at her feet, and she erupts into a flock of crows after arching her back, and screaming for a second.

Skin specific lines:

Introduction: We have to hurry before the plague arrives!
Introduction: There's no time to lose!

Consumables: Are you sure this is safe to drink?
Consumables: Not enough of a kick for me.

Ward Placement: We must keep watch for new cases at all times.
War Placement: Curious device, but effective.

Fire giant/GF kill: This strain must be even more potent than I ever imagined!

When buying offensive items: Best to be prepared.
When buying offensive items: We must be ready to cleanse the infected.

Defensive Items: Suit modifications? Excellent.
Defensive Items: Must take care to make sure the suit isn't damaged.

Taunt: I've seen horrors you wouldn't believe, and I've survived. Let me show you them.
Taunt: Tut, tut it looks like Plague!

Joke: You know this would be a great suit if only I could see where I"m going.
Joke: Why does everyone keep asking me to take the suit off? I'm wearing it for a reason!
Joke: HMRMERGF! *continued mumbling that can't be made out

Death Line: But who will save you now?
Death Line: What a cruel, cruel copyrighted phrase!

Skin Specific Taunts:

Agni: Ugh, I can still smell it even through the suit!

Bacchus: Yeah, that's how I get through the day too.

Bakasura: Must be a new mutation!

Murderer Chaac: I WASN'T TOLD I'D HAVE COMPETITION IN THIS AREA!

Cupid: Always sad to see the young ones go.

Nurse Neith: JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DEGREE DOESN'T MAKE YOU BETTER THAN ME!

Odin: Hey, aren't those my crows? GIVE THEM BACK!

Scylla: I'm...going to just pretend I didn't see that.

Xbalanque: Yes, you're definitely sick, and need help. Let's start by getting you out of those sweaty clothes!

The Rat: Not even animals are immune!

AP: PLAYING WITH CORPSES IS NOT ADVISED!

Sol: NOT EVEN HEAT CAN BURN AWAY THE INFECTION!

Femme Fatale
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r318/illandra_2007/tumblr_niywdsrw9E1titeb2o1_1280_zpsxlyljv23.png (http://s147.photobucket.com/user/illandra_2007/media/tumblr_niywdsrw9E1titeb2o1_1280_zpsxlyljv23.png.ht ml)

is a stock character of a mysterious and seductive woman whose charms ensnare her lovers, often leading them into compromising, dangerous, and deadly situations. She is an archetype of literature and art.

Animation differences.
Poison Spray is a machine gun she fires as she channels.
Apparitions are instead random mooks she summons to do her bidding.
Her ult is a large block of explosives (TNT, and such)
CG is a smoke bomb.

Her death animation is her screaming out "I'LL BE BACK!", or "I WON'T FORGET THIS!" while she throws down a smoke bomb, and vanishes.

Skin Voice Lines:

Introduction: Well, well which of these big, strong gods can help little old me?
Introduction: Looks like another group of gods ripe for the taking.

When buying consumables: Just think of all the fun things we can add to this.
When buying consumables: Not quite my normal pick me up, but good never the less.

Ward Placement: You've got to keep your eyes on the prize, when they're not on me at any rate.
Ward Placement: If you're gonna win the game you need to know what's coming.

Fire Giant/Gold Fury Kill: Guess they couldn't handle the goods.
Tower Kill: Nothing gets in the way of what I want. Nothing.

When buying Offensive Items: Easily concealed, and very deadly. You know how to treat a girl.
When buying Offensive Items: They'll never see it coming.

When buying Defensive items: Just in case.
When buying Defensive items: Wouldn't want little old me to get hurt would we?

Taunt: You'll never see the end coming.
Taunt: You wouldn't hurt such a weak defenseless damsel would you? Don't worry I'll just hurt you instead!

Joke: Someday I'll have to stop lying to people...wait I just did it again.
Joke: I just don't feel right killing such innocent gods...but I'll get over it.

Death Line: I'LL BE BACK!
Death Line: I WON'T FORGET THIS!

Skin Specific Taunts:

Loki: I admire your work, but there's only room for one of us here.

XB: Tall, dark, and handsome just how I like them.

Scylla: We'll bury it deep...and then use explosives. It's the only way to be sure.

Neith: I don't know how you think you can get away with wearing less clothing then me.

Artemis: You'll never get a man with that frown on your face dear.

Skadi: No, no no you'll never catch their attention with that frigid reception.

Athena: Cheer up. Not everyone can be as stunning as I am.

Hercules: Hellooo easily manipulated, but very attractive man.

Thoughts?

Possible Considerations
----------------------------
What would you think of the ult instead of being a placeable thing it was instead centered around Mefitis herself? She would still have a channel (probably of 1.5 seconds instead of 2), and the staggered damage until it was cast, but it would basically radiate the poison outward from where she stands.

This would allow her to potentially initiate with Blink, and then slow into an ult. The ult would again not dissipate upon death as it is.

SHYDROP
04-07-2014, 09:59 PM
Seems like a good idea!

Ragnarocket
04-07-2014, 10:45 PM
I remember this concept from aaaaggggeeeesssss ago. :)

Still a good one!

Boatmurdered
04-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Thanks good to hear!

AmaliaNya
04-09-2014, 05:21 AM
Fine concept i´d say but how long does the ultimate need to activate couldnt get it out from the text or just overread it ^^

Boatmurdered
04-09-2014, 06:00 AM
Fine concept i´d say but how long does the ultimate need to activate couldnt get it out from the text or just overread it ^^
Mefitis would, once you place the skill kneel onto the ground, and raise her hands up in time with the explosion which is currently set at 1-2 seconds depending on future testing, which will probably never happen....but I can dream.

Boatmurdered
04-11-2014, 10:03 AM
I remember this concept from aaaaggggeeeesssss ago. :)

Still a good one!
Always nice to hear.

Boatmurdered
04-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Seems like a good idea!

Thanks! Always good to hear!

Boatmurdered
04-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Potential poison interaction changes. Do you think these new abilities look good, or are they too much with the changes. Although keep in mind damage values, and slows have been tweaked to make them more balanced.

New proposed Skills with Poison Interaction
Poison Spray

Mana cost: 75/85/95/105/125

Cooldown: 16 seconds at all levels/Channeled ability, which channels for 3 seconds

Mefitis levels her staff in front of her, and cast a poisonous spray, which can be aimed while channeling (like Anubis ult). This spray does 20/25/30/35/60 +(25% of your MP) per second as magic damage. Applies only 1 stack of Poisonous Residue per second. Damage is increased by 2% per stack of Poisonous Residue on the target. If the target has 10 stacks of Residue then they are root for 1 second.

Choking Gas

Mana cost: 80/90/100/110/125

Cooldown: 10/12/14/16/16 seconds

Mefitis raises her hand, and flicks her wrist. A green patch of gas is summoned where the player chooses that does 5/10/15/20/25 (+10% of your magical power) in magic damage per second, and slows enemy gods by 10/15/20/25/30%. Slow increases by 2% per stack of Poisonous Residue. If the enemy has 10 stacks then they are also silenced for 3 seconds.
Last 5 seconds. About the size of Baka's ult.

Only inflicts 1 stack of Poisonous Residue on enemies, but continuously resets the timer until they leave the cloud.

If Mefitis is killed then Choking Gas is immediately cast on the location she died at. This will only happen if she has any points in Choking Gas, and will only cast the current level of her cloud. (So if she dies and has level 2 CG then it'll spawn the level 2 CG)

Baleful Cloak

Mana cost: 100/110/120/130/140

Mefitis gains a green haze for the spells duration. Animation would just be a green mist settling on the hero.

While this spell is active Mefitis gains a 5/10/15/20/25% bonus to both magical, and physical defense. In addition enemies who strike you take 5/10/15/20/25 (+25% of your MP) in magic damage. If you are the target of a spell CC you negate the first one cast on you while BC is up.
Last 2/3/4/5/6 seconds.

Example 1: Artemis is chasing Mefitis (both level 20), who has 100 PP atm. Mefitis cast Baleful Cloak, and now has 125 PP. Artemis strikes Mefitis 3 times while the cloak is up, and is afflicted with 3 stacks of Poisonous Residue, and the damage from the rest of the ability.

Example 2: Ymir walls, and Mefitis cast BC. Ymir cast freeze as Baka leaps in to attack. Ymir's freeze is absorbed by BC, but Baka can ult, and she'll still be slowed.

Ultimate- Poisonous Requiem

Mana Cost 125/135/145/155/175

Cooldown 110/105/100/95/90 seconds

Mefitis kneels down on the ground, and is rooted/channeling in place until the wall erupts. As it erupts she brings her hands up in time with the eruption. She is immune to cc/knockback while channeling her ult.

The player is given a horizontal wall to place (about the size of 1.5-2 Ymir walls but horizontal rather than vertical). Once placed this wall erupts after 2 seconds, and spews poison for 3/4/5/6/7 seconds.

Enemies inside the radius take 90/100/110/120/130 (+25%% of your MP) per second. Gives 3 stacks of Poisonous Residue to any enemy that is caught in the poison wall, and 2 stacks per second to any enemy that remains inside the ult. While inside the ult enemy gods are slowed by 25%, and remain slowed for 3 seconds after leaving the ult. For each stack of poisonous residue the slow is increased by 3%. If an enemy has ten stacks they are stunned for 2 seconds.

Boatmurdered
04-15-2014, 06:17 PM
I like her overall, but her passive needs a nerf, not even arachne can do that much, the damage should take a tone down, and you have to choose, either it be Basic Attacks, or Spells, can't be both. And enemies getting poisoned for auto attacker her, just destroys Neman lion.

Changes were made due to a mistake in my part on copy pasting. The PR stack was only meant to be applied when attacking her if she had BC active. Moved, and removed from passive.

So do you think then instead of 5% you'd prefer the 3% which is 270 damage at ten stacks over 5 seconds, that can be reduced by Magic Armor?

Also poison interactions are now on post 9. Let me know how that works.

Ult has been slightly nerfed (-1 second in duration at every level but the first, no vision blurring, and no healing reduction)in preparation for adding poison interaction changes. Other skills have also been slightly adjusted in preparation for adding poison residue interactions.

Fjorn
04-16-2014, 05:43 AM
What if she is going to be released as a child just like Scylla?

VVVT :D

Boatmurdered
04-16-2014, 03:48 PM
What if she is going to be released as a child just like Scylla?

VVVT :D
No Idea, but I'd be pretty pumped no matter how she got put into the game. I mean being responsible for creating a god for Smite? Pretty cool anyway you look at it.

Boatmurdered
04-21-2014, 02:44 AM
Scumbag boat bumps his own post? Madness!

Boatmurdered
05-16-2014, 02:02 AM
CHANGE A PALOOZA! new mana cost, new skill interactions, new jokes, taunts, item builds, and much much more!

Boatmurdered
05-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Poisonous Residue was updated, but wasn't changed for some reason. Went through, and re wrote the entire section. Due to poison stacks now having interaction 5% was deemed too high, and as such was lowered to 3%

Boatmurdered
06-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Do you know what rhymes with Bump? Boat! No...wait....apparently I suck at rhyming as much as I suck at making up gods! Who knew?

Kruption
06-05-2014, 08:16 AM
i like this god would be something to see but it skills need reworking but great idea still

Boatmurdered
07-02-2014, 09:33 PM
i like this god would be something to see but it skills need reworking but great idea still

Feedback is appreciated! We require more of it! After running the numbers, and adding poison interactions the passive was lowered to 3% from 5 to address the issue of the scaling being too high. Other scaling numbers have been rerun, and re addressed. Still unsure about swapping ability of gas cloud, and looking into it based on current numbers.

PandaWhistle
07-03-2014, 12:17 AM
Okay so I like this a lot!

Something for choking gas. Sometimes mages shouldn't have an escape mechanic because it makes them not fun to play against....we have all been one basic attack from killing an agni or hades and then they just run away...so my thought is if she uses Poison Spray within Choking Gas' area of effect then as she sprays poison into it the gas would expand. Just a thought!

On her ultimate I'm not sure I get what you mean by wall, perhaps make it where she opens a poison geyser from the ground soaking the area in poison.

One of her jokes could be: "it's not a stench it's my perfume!"

If you could please look at my goddess idea:
http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?18640-Kebechet-Goddess-of-Purification-Freshness

ValynStyx
07-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Sahhhweet idea!

Boatmurdered
07-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Sahhhweet idea!

Thanks! Always nice to hear!

Boatmurdered
08-04-2014, 12:38 AM
What's that a random bump? MADNESS!

Boatmurdered
08-17-2014, 07:36 PM
I heard someone needed a thread bumped!

Thezanman
08-28-2014, 12:25 AM
I like it but why does baleful cloak increase in cooldown time when it levels up? People would just keep it level 1 to absorb a cc effect more often.

Boatmurdered
09-01-2014, 02:58 AM
Baleful Cloak change possibility...or rather complete rework

Old skill

Baleful Cloak

Mana cost: 90/95/100/105/115

Mefitis gains a green haze for the spells duration. Animation would just be a green mist settling on the hero.

While this spell is active Mefitis gains a 5/10/15/20/25% bonus to both magical, and physical defense. In addition enemies who strike you take 5/10/15/20/25 (+25% of your MP) in magic damage. If you are the target of a spell CC (hard, or soft) you negate the first one cast on you while BC is up. While BC is active enemies deal 2% less damage to Mefitis for each stack of Poisonous Residue on them.
Last 2/3/4/5/6 seconds.

New Skill

Poisonous Apparitions

Mana cost: 90/105/120/135/150

Mefitis summons 1/1/1/2/2 Poisonous Apparition(s). The Apparition(s) follow Mefitis for 3/4/5/6/7 seconds, and attempt to attack the closest enemy nearby for 5/6/7/8/10% of Mefitis's MP in magic damage.

Apparitions take 1/1/1/1/2 hits to destroy, and when they die they explode covering all nearby enemies in 2 stacks of Poisonous Residue. Apparitions will automatically come to Mefitis's aid should she be attacked while they are within range. Any attack made against Mefitis while an Apparition is in range is instead redirected to the Apparition. God Ultimates, and aoe's may not be redirected in this manner. (Neith, Nu Wa ult, or Ra beams. Things like that.)

For each Apparition destroyed before the timer expires reduces Poisonous Residue's cooldown by 1.5 seconds.

All Apparitions for auto attack purposes apply a stack of Poisonous Residue when they attack.

Any enemy with 10 stacks of PR that is caught in an Apparitions explosion is instead stunned for 1 second. Apparitions remain until killed, or time expires.

To be honest with some tweaking I could swap out her current ult, and make it more of a hebo 3 type of skill targeting wise, and then beef apparitions up a tiny bit (probably 3 apps instead of 2), and make it her new ult.

This is a huge potential change so if you have any feedback on it pleased let me know!

regmckie
09-01-2014, 11:57 AM
It's really detailed :)
Awesome idea!

Boatmurdered
09-04-2014, 08:37 PM
It's really detailed :)
Awesome idea!
Thanks! Potential change to 3 listed on this page, and first page. Feedback needed. Thanks for your time in advance!

Boatmurdered
10-21-2014, 03:26 AM
Still need your thoughts on possible change to her 3 skill! Information is at the top post of this page, and on the main page near the bottom.

Boatmurdered
10-24-2014, 07:03 AM
New 3 skill! Baleful cloak is now Poisonous Apparitions. I like it! Give me your thoughts!

Boatmurdered
11-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Bumping parties are the best parties because bumping parties don't stop!

AlistairFrost
11-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Talk about an awesome idea! This is just...woah

Boatmurdered
12-12-2014, 09:50 PM
New changes have been made! The 3 skill is now Poisonous Apparitions, the ult no longer has the slow, and instead has a small stacking healing reduction. Chocking Gas now has a small swapping option for escaping, or positioning.

TONS OF NEW THINGS THAT YOUR INPUT IS REQUIRED UPON!

Alexs2112
12-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Is her 1 a cone?
I was kind of picturing an Anubis 1 but you can move while casting.
She sounds so much fun :)

Boatmurdered
12-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Is her 1 a cone?
I was kind of picturing an Anubis 1 but you can move while casting.
She sounds so much fun :)
Thanks, and yes her 1 is a cone very much like Anubis's plague although smaller, and can be adjusted.

MysticPandaren
12-15-2014, 05:50 AM
when i look for the first time at the concept art i look at she`s pussie >)))))))))))):o

Boatmurdered
12-17-2014, 01:41 PM
when i look for the first time at the concept art i look at she`s pussie >)))))))))))):o

...I see. Well....ok then.

Boatmurdered
12-27-2014, 07:59 AM
Minor adjustments made to all skill across the board.

Added Extra Item Build.

Added extra jokes, directed taunts, and animations.

Added extra skin, which includes jokes, animations, taunts, and directed taunts.

DD321123
12-29-2014, 11:14 PM
It's a unique concept, but I think that Poisonous Apparitions just has.. too much going for it.

I mean, they defend you, they give 2 stacks of your passive on death, and give 1 on auto. By the way, does "For each Apparition destroyed before the timer expires reduces Poisonous Residue's cooldown by 1.5 seconds." mean that it basically gives the enemies afflicted with it 1 1/2 ticks of the damage?

I mean, each stack is a practical 15% magic power damage that all refresh eachother.

Boatmurdered
12-30-2014, 07:06 PM
It's a unique concept, but I think that Poisonous Apparitions just has.. too much going for it.

I mean, they defend you, they give 2 stacks of your passive on death, and give 1 on auto. By the way, does "For each Apparition destroyed before the timer expires reduces Poisonous Residue's cooldown by 1.5 seconds." mean that it basically gives the enemies afflicted with it 1 1/2 ticks of the damage?

I mean, each stack is a practical 15% magic power damage that all refresh eachother.

No what it means is that the abilities cool down itself is shortened, by which I mean P.Apparitions. Hence why it's cool down is so at odds with the rest of them.

Apparitions also only apply the Residue to enemies in a small circle around them, and only block auto attacks for Mefitis. No god ults like Nu Wa, or even abilities like Anhur's Impale.

So while it's a good counter to say Loki being all invisible, and about to pounce with auto, or for intercepting a ranged adc's attack unless the ranged adc is right there the explosion with the residue won't hit them. Think of the explosion as being about the size of hog for comparisons sake.

Also remember that they act like Clay Soldiers, and if they're too far away they don't even come to her aid. They won't be leaping across the lanes to intercept autos, or anything.

If that makes sense. If it doesn't let me know, and I'll look into it.

DD321123
01-01-2015, 09:37 PM
It makes sense, I get it now.

Boatmurdered
01-03-2015, 04:30 AM
It makes sense, I get it now.
Excellent!

Boatmurdered
01-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Added voicelines for Mefitis including game start, buying consumables, offensive, defensive, low health, ward placement, taunts, and jokes.

Added more voicelines for alt skin plague doctor.

Changed Chocking Gas to better interact with the rest of the skill set.

Ult was changed from vertical wall to circular eruption. Exact size listed in skill setting. Added slow to ult while it's being channeled. Also added damage stagger while channeling ult.

Spray can now be cast while moving, albeit with a movement penalty. Spray is now immune to knockups.

Apparitions have an added 10 damage at all levels to prevent levels 1-4 for hitting for less than 10 damage early/mid game before MP gets to decent levels. Late game this will still not cause much of a stir as it would make them hit for say 70 instead of 60.

Boatmurdered
01-26-2015, 01:45 PM
General clean up of skills, minor mana changes to make them more in line with other gods, and potential passive changes listed at the bottom of the goddess. Let me know what you think!

Boatmurdered
03-11-2015, 02:04 AM
Item builds changed to reflect new items.

New general taunts added

Added new directed taunts

New offensive lines added

New defensive lines added

New low health lines added

New directed taunts for Plague Doctor Skin

New death line added for Plague Doctor Skin

Mana cost tweaked on all skills to better reflect current meta, and help with mana starvation early game.

Cool downs changed for several skills, most notable Gas to be more in line with current in game leaps.

Apparitions language tidied up to make it more clear how they function.

Added slight wording change to the ult to better explain how staggered damage works, and the rare cases it is not fatal.

Tidied up post in general including adding italics, and underlines for skills, and new sections as well as important distinctions inside sections. Hopefully should be easier to pick out skills, and differentiate sections.

Potential passive changes at bottom of 1st post. At the moment numbers look solid, but could be subject to change.

If you have a witty line you think would fit somewhere in the voice kit feel free to let me know.

That0neGirl
03-11-2015, 02:30 AM
for some reason the fact that you used the word poison in almost every ability bothers me lol.
you could of used rotting mist, infectious curse, parasitic death etc etc all to do with diseases.

Boatmurdered
03-11-2015, 03:09 AM
for some reason the fact that you used the word poison in almost every ability bothers me lol.
you could of used rotting mist, infectious curse, parasitic death etc etc all to do with diseases.

Got to stick with the theme! Nothing is 100% at this point I just wanted to get the idea out there, and skills set up. To me it's much more important that the skills function correctly without being way OP, or UP, and that the god is fun to play as a whole rather than if the skill names are perfect.

So they might change in the future, but at the moment I'm sitting here with a tablet of paper running numbers, and jotting down any voice lines I think of.

That0neGirl
03-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Got to stick with the theme! Nothing is 100% at this point I just wanted to get the idea out there, and skills set up. To me it's much more important that the skills function correctly without being way OP, or UP, and that the god is fun to play as a whole rather than if the skill names are perfect.

So they might change in the future, but at the moment I'm sitting here with a tablet of paper running numbers, and jotting down any voice lines I think of.

Yea i get where you are coming from, i don't know i just think it's me to be honest. i have never been a perfectionist but for some reason i am becoming that way. argg what is with me lol

all in all i do love the idea, it looks pretty cool, and a goddess of disease would be pretty gruesome it would be interesting to see if they make her ugly and gross as sin or hot as hell with gross abilities.

to be honest i am totally on board. another female mage? hell yea. more big boobs? hell yea =D

Boatmurdered
03-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Yea i get where you are coming from, i don't know i just think it's me to be honest. i have never been a perfectionist but for some reason i am becoming that way. argg what is with me lol

all in all i do love the idea, it looks pretty cool, and a goddess of disease would be pretty gruesome it would be interesting to see if they make her ugly and gross as sin or hot as hell with gross abilities.

to be honest i am totally on board. another female mage? hell yea. more big boobs? hell yea =D

No worries everything name wise is subject to change bar her name of course. Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully we can see her in Smite soon....HR RESPOND TO MY LETTERS!

Erival
03-22-2015, 07:13 PM
At first, I thought 'Anubis, but better', however her ticks are /sec, not /.5 or /.1 sec. I was really put off buy the passive, however comparing it to Bees! [AMC] the only thing I can say about it is that it's too common to hit with. Make it hit with 2-3 abilities instead of all of them and basic attacks and I'd call it fine.
Or at least, more balanced than most Hi-Rex releases :p

Kronoth
04-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Keep on bumping!

I do like the idea, but you will have a pretty hard time with no getaways and/or no hard CC!

Boatmurdered
04-05-2015, 04:40 AM
Keep on bumping!

I do like the idea, but you will have a pretty hard time with no getaways and/or no hard CC!

The cloud can be used to swap so it's a get away if you use it that way. As for CC. She has a lot of soft cc provided you can get her poisonous residue stacks up. Thanks for the bump though good sir!

Zarevak
04-05-2015, 04:01 PM
I like it, nice concept btw.

Boatmurdered
05-10-2015, 10:28 AM
I like it, nice concept btw.

Boatmurdered
06-29-2015, 07:20 AM
Various abilities cost, and damage has been tweaked to more accurately reflect the current meta.

Several New voice lines, and taunts have been added for the plague doctor skin as well as a few for the regular default.

As always running numbers constantly to keep tuning her. Even if she'll probably never be noticed by HR, or put in Smite. I dream.

Zarevak
07-01-2015, 05:11 AM
I see that you did her all out damage over time. It's new, unique and I like this idea, but I think she should have at least one burst damage ability. Really liking this! Btw, her look reminds me of my own goddess Hecate concept... This is professionally done after all, I can see that you put enough work in it so I hope it will get noticed by Hi-Rez!

Boatmurdered
07-01-2015, 05:51 PM
I see that you did her all out damage over time. It's new, unique and I like this idea, but I think she should have at least one burst damage ability. Really liking this! Btw, her look reminds me of my own goddess Hecate concept... This is professionally done after all, I can see that you put enough work in it so I hope it will get noticed by Hi-Rez!
Thanks! To be honest I thought about having a mechanic in her cloud where it would take off all your PR stacks, and do half the total amount of damage at once, but then I ended up putting in the swapping feature so she had some mobility, as in the current meta it's very important.

My problem atm is that I feel like if I add any sort of extra thing to any abilities they become too bloated at this point. It's still a work in progress, as my notebook full of nerd math can tell you, but I'll keep on working on it. Even if I doubt we'll see her in Smite.

redmist456
07-01-2015, 09:46 PM
I like it! Killing an enemy slowly and steady....such a femme fatale

Boatmurdered
07-06-2015, 02:00 PM

Boatmurdered
08-04-2015, 04:48 AM
Minor number changes, and changed some percentages around for better balancing. Added new taunts, directed taunts, and alt skin taunts.

Boatmurdered
08-26-2015, 02:33 AM
I like it! Killing an enemy slowly and steady....such a femme fatale

Perhaps a future skin could be a Detective Girl Skin. Or rather a killer girl from a black, and white detective movie. I must think on this more.

Boatmurdered
08-29-2015, 01:46 PM
Poisonous Apparitions now last 6 seconds at max rank (down from 7), and wording in regards to her passive has been expounded upon to paint a clearer picture.

Added several new voicelines as well.

Boatmurdered
09-03-2015, 08:36 PM
HAZAH more math has been done.

God base stats (attacks, defenses, speeds, health, etc) have all been put to paper after many, many pages of math.

In addition several taunts/directed taunts have been added.

The Ultimate has had minor changes, and been decreased in time from 7 to 6 seconds. Previous levels have been adjusted time wise to compensate. This means less overall damage, but more damage per tick than before.

GodlySparta
09-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Please don't necro your own thread. This concept was gone a long time ago. Someone lock this.

Boatmurdered
09-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Please don't necro your own thread. This concept was gone a long time ago. Someone lock this.

It's hardly a necro if I'm constantly updating the main page with new Vl's tweaking abilities, or what have you. You are of course free to ignore the thread if you so desire however since there are 0 reasons to lock it, and it breaks 0 forums rules, which I have actually read.

Thanks for the bump I suppose.

Danthemanwells
09-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Awesome and terrifying idea. However, her ultimate. Is it like, a wall that shoots poison in a circle? I'm confused. Also, sad to say, I don't think there are taunts directed at skins. Sorry.

Boatmurdered
09-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Awesome and terrifying idea. However, her ultimate. Is it like, a wall that shoots poison in a circle? I'm confused. Also, sad to say, I don't think there are taunts directed at skins. Sorry.
You are correct there are not, but I like to dream.

As for her ult basically imagine cracks form in the ground in the area she places it, and once her cast is complete the poison shoots out of the ground in that area. So much like Ymir's ult you just don't want to be there if you can help it.

Boatmurdered
10-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Minor rate, and % changes on skills. New voicelines added. Minor tweaks to dialogue added/changed. New costume/skin being added soon.

Boatmurdered
12-25-2015, 12:16 AM
Minor tweak to cool downs, mana costs at several ranks, voice lines, and work is continuing on the new skin. It's gonna be a thing. Debating reworking poisonous apparitions into a totally new skill. Might, or might not.

Boatmurdered
03-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Several new item changes, and minor changes to skills. New skin to be added once the last few details are sorted out, and lines are finished. (Perhaps a week?)

Boatmurdered
04-24-2016, 04:18 PM
Added 3 dozen new voicelines. Added new item builds. Fixed spelling errors.

Added new skin complete with picture, voice lines, and such. New skin is under Plague doctor skin in alt skins section. Skin is Femme Fatale.

Boatmurdered
06-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Changed wording on several abilities to make it more clear. Added several voicelines to each skin. Changed an item build slightly.

Boatmurdered
06-21-2016, 10:57 PM
Added a few new voice lines. Also went ahead, and changed passive to 5 seconds, and damage dropped to 2% to balance the possible max poison stacks.

Boatmurdered
08-21-2016, 07:50 PM
Added several new voicelines to each skin, and tweaked a few numbers on the ult.

XJupiterX96
10-03-2016, 05:03 AM
Very cool, would be awesome to see her ingame

Boatmurdered
10-09-2016, 11:09 PM
Very cool, would be awesome to see her ingame

Many thanks! Added a voice line, and considerations...

Possible Considerations
----------------------------
What would you think of the ult instead of being a placeable thing it was instead centered around Mefitis herself? She would still have a channel (probably of 1.5 seconds instead of 2), and the staggered damage until it was cast, but it would basically radiate the poison outward from where she stands.

This would allow her to potentially initiate with Blink, and then slow into an ult. The ult would again not dissipate upon death as it is.

Shogunzai
10-10-2016, 07:32 AM
HiRez please add this god in Smite. Thanks in advance :o

Boatmurdered
02-12-2018, 08:30 AM
HiRez please add this god in Smite. Thanks in advance :o

Thanks. I guess I'm going to need to reupload the images and relink them and then put in the new god lines, costumes and balance changes. Sigh. I'll get to it soon.