PDA

View Full Version : Focus on one thing first?

Pyrollusion
08-27-2014, 02:18 AM
Hello there, i started playing Smite yesterday. I tested a couple of gods, played some coop games and now i am about to decide wich role i should focus on. I used to play Carry and midlaner in games like Dota2 and LoL but this feels entirely different so I am really unsure. After doing the tutorial with neith i played a coop game with Agni (not the best one for beginners I know) and last night I had a great game with nemesis after watching a video of a rather good player on youtube.
Well...Agni is obviously a midlaner, while nemesis belongs to the jungle.
I should focus on one thing right? Well I have no idea wich roles are needed most currently, or what is the best thing to start with. Thought you might have a little bit of advice. I really have no clue but im pretty interested at getting into this game, joining a group etc.

IrishPotato
08-27-2014, 08:49 AM
Some may argue that you want to focus on one thing at a time, while others will argue the opposite. Personally I prefer to play any role because if you have to play say jungle/adc when all the other roles are called and you don't know how to play either of those roles, well....you know how that works

EDIT: You can take the time to focus on one god or two gods of a single role to master that discipline, but I would at least understand the others

OldKaostic
08-27-2014, 08:54 AM
My advice would be to focus on one thing first. Whilst you're still getting used to the game, pick one or two gods who play the same role and stick to that. Once you feel more comfortable, branch out a bit.

IrishPotato
08-27-2014, 09:04 AM
My advice would be to focus on one thing first. Whilst you're still getting used to the game, pick one or two gods who play the same role and stick to that. Once you feel more comfortable, branch out a bit.

Y u take ma thunder

OldKaostic
08-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Y u take ma thunder

Your ninja edits are sneaky.

Lichloved
08-28-2014, 06:40 PM
I know it's a great idea to be flexible but I could never ever play anything in this game but a mage (and *maybe* a magic bruiser guardian like Ares). Since the Dawn of time I have never played anything that isn't a mage in any game. I don't necessarily have to be mid if the team comp supports something else.

As far as the original question. I say it depends on how many gods you have unlocked. If you bought the package just try a bunch of different ones out in co op or maybe arena discover what you enjoy because thats what you'll be good with. Then focus on that and slowly experiment with other roles and champions to find other good matches for you.