PDA

View Full Version : Nu Wa Post PTS Patch Notes Addendum

HirezChris
08-04-2014, 10:42 PM
Misc

Custom auto purchase and abilities is now working in PvP matches.
Treasure chest roll has a new animation.
Fixed an issue with not being able to join a queue if having just left a custom room.
Using an active or consumable will now cause stealthed gods to be revealed.

Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes

Nu Wa
Clay Soldiers

Protection debuff no longer refreshes when hitting the same target.

Shining Metal

Reduced damage from minion explosion from 40/80/120/160/200 to 30/60/90/120/150
Reduced stun duration from 1/1.2/1.4/1.8/2s to 1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5s

Ullr The Survivor

Fixed an issue with standard Ullr voice playing when activating Expose Weakness.
Fixed an issue with standard Ullr voice playing at Victory/Defeat screens.

Ymir Nuclear Winter

Fixed an issue with Alarm sound continuing to play if cancelling ability early.

Zeus

Cleaned up some FX issues at all end of match lobby screens.
Fixed an animation issue after landing from jumping and using a basic attack.
Stormbringer and Almighty skins are back to using the old basic attack projectile.
Fixed some issues with blue and pink highlights showing through his hair on the new model skins.

LouisCyr
08-04-2014, 10:45 PM
So no removal of convention skins from treasure chest.. RIP Artemis Convention. Your were so "EXCLUSIVE" (as I can read on the CONVENTION skin card I have).

Justifis
08-04-2014, 10:47 PM
So no removal of convention skins from treasure chest.. a nice way from hirez to say FUCKYALL PPL WHO EARNED THEM

Are you five? The codes have been floating around the internet for months now, all you have to do is get lucky and have someone give you a code or win an easy giveaway. Essentially it's now the same thing, only people can't sell the codes for money.

Justifis
08-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Are you four ? Having 20ish (maybe less) codes "floating" around on the internet is nowhere near having everyone being able to buy it.

If you seriously think that only 20 codes are floating, you should probably check out Twitch a bit more often. You in no way "earned" the code, it was given to you for free through a distribution decided on by Hi-Rez. Now they decide to go this route and people start crying. No one understands just how RARE the convention skins are from the chest.

LouisCyr
08-04-2014, 10:59 PM
Maybe YOU should watch Twitch a bit more often. You really don't know what you're talking about. The code was indeed given for free but I had to move my ass over there homie to get my EXCLUSIVE (yes EXCLUSIVE, its on the card.) skin. And they are not that rare in chests as I was able to roll one on my third try on my PTS smurf account. Now I'm done with you its just like having an argument with my 3 yrs old kid (or my stepmother which is essentialy mentaly the same thing). Good night.

TraumaHunter
08-04-2014, 11:01 PM
I get better discussions on reddit than this.

Why on earth did I think that having an official forum would filter out the crap like i'm reading..

Justifis
08-04-2014, 11:06 PM
Maybe YOU should watch Twitch a bit more often. You really don't know what you're talking about. The code was indeed given for free but I had to move my ass over there homie to get my EXCLUSIVE (yes EXCLUSIVE, its on the card.) skin. And they are not that rare in chests as I was able to roll one on my third try on my PTS smurf account. Now I'm done with you its just like having an argument with my 3 yrs old kid (or my stepmother which is essentialy mentaly the same thing). Good night.

Eh, I going to end the argument here as well. But getting a convention skin from one roll out of the... 37 chests that we were given on the PTS doesn't count for anything. Not to mention, the more stuff you own in-game, the greater your chances of receiving rares. I understand you're upset, and I'm sorry that trying to make you see it logically is making you more upset, but most see it as being fair. If you went to a convention just for a skin, I don't exactly understand why you went in the first place. The skin shouldn't be the only incentive for going to the convention.

Anyways, sorry you're upset over such a little thing. Sorry I called you a five year-old too, but someone who blows up over something so simple is pretty childish. Good luck, and happy Smiting.

tdotcrfh4
08-04-2014, 11:08 PM
So no removal of convention skins from treasure chest.. RIP Artemis Convention. Your were so "EXCLUSIVE" (as I can read on the CONVENTION skin card I have).

calm down, it's not like you've lost anything from more people having the skin other than epeen. you can't give it away once it's bound to your account, so there's no resale value to freak out about

unless of course you spent money getting the skin, in which case HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Tempest590
08-04-2014, 11:10 PM
You're dumb.

No you're dumb.

No, you're dumb.

No, YOU'RE dumb!

Welcome to the internet, ladies and gentlemen.

Dedlok
08-04-2014, 11:15 PM

Hi-Rez Employees and various smite related streamers and/or personalities have been handing out codes for Convention 2012 Artemis pretty freely on a regular basis for a while now via various platforms, like Twitch and Twitter. Even as late as just last week. So it has not been "exclusive" to convention goers/people buying them off of EBay for a looooooooong time now. None of the convention skins have been. So you are hemming and hawing about entitled exclusivity that has not existed for quite a while now.

Heck, there was a time that one of the hi-rez employees said that "these will be the last ones ever". But they must have found more as they have done more giveaways since then.

Justifis
08-04-2014, 11:16 PM

Sorry I tried to reason with someone using math and logic. Guess trying to help someone see why they shouldn't be so upset over an in-game item is now shallow and ignorant argument material.

Dmantakae
08-04-2014, 11:21 PM
The reason why Hirez kept the convention skins in the Treasure box is because they don't view the skins as "exclusive", and they're right not to. So can you all stop saying that they're exclusive. Exclusive skins are skins like Poolseidon, and Cacaodemon Ymir.

Skyroo
08-04-2014, 11:42 PM

Why on earth did I think that having an official forum would filter out the crap like i'm reading..

Reddit is still pretty bad.

But from what I can tell we atleast try and filter it all.

SLo0T
08-04-2014, 11:59 PM
Hi-Rez Employees and various smite related streamers and/or personalities have been handing out codes for Convention 2012 Artemis pretty freely on a regular basis for a while now via various platforms, like Twitch and Twitter. Even as late as just last week. So it has not been "exclusive" to convention goers/people buying them off of EBay for a looooooooong time now. None of the convention skins have been. So you are hemming and hawing about entitled exclusivity that has not existed for quite a while now.

Heck, there was a time that one of the hi-rez employees said that "these will be the last ones ever". But they must have found more as they have done more giveaways since then.

I have to call BS on that. I have not seen a twitch streamer give out an Art skin code in ages. Last time I saw one given out was on the Smite charity stream and that went for a few hundred dollars. And they are even $200 dollars on Ebay. People may have codes laying around but they won't ever print anymore put.

Justifis
08-05-2014, 12:05 AM
I have to call BS on that. I have not seen a twitch streamer give out an Art skin code in ages. Last time I saw one given out was on the Smite charity stream and that went for a few hundred dollars. And they are even $200 dollars on Ebay. People may have codes laying around but they won't ever print anymore put.

Search "Artemis Convention" on Twitter, you'll see plenty.

Lawelite
08-05-2014, 01:51 AM
Really? Is this what we choose to talk about? The exclusivity of skin? Out of all the things to talk about in this patch.

This is my first post on this forum because I felt something needed to be addressed and the fact that so few people are talking about it lets me know that people might not even know.

Those player icon's that have costed favor all this time are going to cost gems from now on from what I've seen in the PTS. Now this may seem inconsequential, that 50 gems for an Icon might mean nothing to you. But I cannot agree with the way hirez has gone about implementing this change.

Now let me preface this by saying that I absolutely love to support hirez. I bought the godpack as soon as I hit 30. I've regularly purchased premium skins and VPs for my favorite gods and goddesses I understand that this is a free to play game and that hirez has to make its money in some way. And I would be absolutely fine with this change if only they announced it.

No where during the patch reveal, no where in the patch notes, no where in this very thread has the shift from favor to gems for purchasing icons so much as been hinted at. And that, to me, is unacceptable. Hirez is a good company and I know they want to foster goodwill and trust with their playerbase. But hiding things away, slipping them under our nose so we don't know that its going in and can't say anything about it until its too late, is no way to inspire trust in your playerbase.

Im not going to sit here and talk about a slippery slope on how this means hirez is going to be evil now but the fact that I wouldn't have even noticed this or known it was going to happen if I hadn't tried to buy an Icon and instead spent the majority of my free gems on the chests like most people is a problem.

Hirez is a great company and I know they want their game to succeed, but this is based on them being open and honest with us. People should be demanding an answer from hirez about why they chose to implement this change so covertly, not arguing about whether or not they can get a convention skin from the treasure chests.

Zensation
08-05-2014, 02:25 AM
I cannot agree more on what Lawelite said.
50gems may not seem much, but no announcement nor any reply to why they changed the pricing or if this is going live aswell (or just on the PTS), is kinda harsh. I just bought myself another golden skin and am limited in favor. I would have bought all available icons from the store, but I am not earning favor fast enough. This change wasn't even something that we should have seen coming, it came out of nowhere and for no reason than profit. And THAT is a shame for a company that used to be crystal clear with their reasoning during Beta. Capitalism came back into the heads when Tencent got involved...

Axeroix
08-05-2014, 04:08 AM
This Decision contrasts so much with another F2P game in the form of warframe the devs of that game DE refuse to rerelease the Prime gear for Excalibur making it truly exclusive there is a large difference in tha and this in the way that the Prime stuff costs money and this doesnt but from what I can tell the only people who should be annoyed a this skin factor are those who bought the skin for around 100-200 pounds on ebay and other internet distribution format, the funny fact about the matter though is that to reliably get the skin you would need to have all of the other content in the game which i almost equivalent to the cost of the exclusive skin

GomeTheGnome
08-05-2014, 05:25 AM
Glad they nerfed her stun 2 seconds shouldnt be applied to any stun especially not on a burst mage didnt really care too much about the dmg, it was fine before for me but i was playing a tank in my only game against her so idk..

ExileOfDay
08-05-2014, 05:55 AM
it came out of nowhere and for no reason than profit. And THAT is a shame for a company that used to be crystal clear with their reasoning during Beta. Capitalism came back into the heads when Tencent got involved...

May I point out that as a company they always have Capitalism in their heads, they put out a game to make money. They make the money by producing a quality game that people are willing and eager to spend money on in various forms but it's still to make money. There's nothing wrong with that, it means they can keep coming up with new patches and new gods so don't have a go at them for trying to make some money on a free to play game on something as small as icons.

As for them not announcing it, it would have been nice and I'm not sure why they didn't, maybe to stop a rush on the icon store, maybe it was such a small thing they didn't think it was worth mentioning.

Lawelite
08-05-2014, 06:48 AM
Of course Hirez is putting out this game to make money, and you're right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But Hirez is trying to be more than just a company that puts of a game and watches the money flow in. They are actively trying to foster a relationship with their community. The people who play and love this game.

And with that relationship comes a level of trust. And them quietly slipping this in with the patch with no prior notification violates that trust. Sure, preventing a rush to the icon shop might have been a legitimate concern for them. But favor is becoming more and more worthless with each passing day and Hirez has multiple revenue streams (The god pack, Boosters, Premium skins, Voicepacks, Icons that costed gems BEFORE this change, and now even the treasure chests) So monetizing the favor icons can easily be perceived as them wanting to squeeze out every penny from us that they can but that isn't where my primary gripe lays.

My issue lies in them not announcing it in some way. Again, there is the concern that I listed above but I believe the principle of the matter is much more important. You say its something small but I don't believe that at all. Hirez's image of an open and honest company is reliant on them being just that with us. Open and honest. And the few dollars they could stand to potentially lose from the few people who would even have enough favor lying around to buy up every icon is absolutely worthless when compared to the expectations of your consumers.

Its all a matter of principle, and I believe the quote in your sig is very relevant to this. This is something Im not going to compromise on. I firmly believed that hirez wasn't the type of company to pull something like this, yet here we are. I hope against hope that hirez says something about this; that they aren't going to sweep it under the rug and expect us to live with it. I know, I know, I know that they have to make money in some way off of this game since its free to play, but that doesn't mean take away nearly all value from favor, and please don't do it in such a sneaky, low-key way. Its not right and I fully expected better of you.

Kiaru
08-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Patch notes don't mention that 500 favor icons now cost gems.

Add this, please.

knuxeh
08-05-2014, 08:33 AM

Mommy, someone has the same toy as me! And they won it in the lottery even. :'(

If you "moved your ass" there just get a convention skin, then your arguments with your 3 year old must be pretty leveled.
And yes, the conventions are rare, even if you got one on your third try. Do you have any concept of RNG?
Hope you slept well, and act your age.

Left4Dinner
08-05-2014, 08:54 AM
Are you five? The codes have been floating around the internet for months now, all you have to do is get lucky and have someone give you a code or win an easy giveaway. Essentially it's now the same thing, only people can't sell the codes for money.

shhhhhh, school is still out. let him have some fun while he is free ;)

Also, on topic, what is this 'Using an active or consumable will now cause stealthed gods to be revealed' thing? Does that mean using any active, or any consumable, will show enemies like loki, nu wa or even sequet?

indiepants
08-05-2014, 09:19 AM

Unfortunately, the reddit group isn't much better. It's largely an echo chamber for complaints and insults.

ExileOfDay
08-05-2014, 09:48 AM
snip/

I see your point, that post was more aimed at the other guy. When I talked about it being a small thing I meant that they thought people might not care as a possible reason, it would be nice if they explained why it isn't in the notes though. As for favour losing it's worth I haven't been playing that long so I can't really comment, the fact that there are a few ways to get free gems helps in that regard but I get were your worry lies, don't want it turning into pay to win.

TheSixthMan
08-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Just saw the treasure chest the first time cause i don't invest any energy on ptr....is there any chance to get these not by spending diamonds? If not then....wow Smite just fell sadly from one of my most beloved games to a replica of <insert random nexon game here>. Btw thats not very good. ;o Spending real money for some hoax boxes is totally the wrong way a shop has to be in 2014...at least in na/eu (this gamble thing sure is big esp in asian parts of the world though i don't know why).

I like to support good games by buying once in a while something in the shop...its usually between 10-20€ / month and usually for style cause i don't like p2w anyway and don't play those kind of games. BUT I want something for my money - i won't spend any real money on some bit boxes that might drop some skins...or mostly crap. Did once - never will do it again. And my will to support Games that include such a shop is near 0....
As usual just my opinion but i guess many esp na/eu players think the same way..?

Riku55
08-05-2014, 10:24 AM
BUT I want something for my money - i won't spend any real money on some bit boxes that might drop some skins...or mostly crap. Did once - never will do it again. And my will to support Games that include such a shop is near 0....

But you know that EVERYTHING you can get in these boxes at least equals the amount of gems the boxes are worth and that the boxes don't contain ANYTHING you can also buy wit favor?
The treasure chests are an additional feature and they don't change anything for the old skin and voice pack shop, so if you don't like it, don't use it.
But if you love to collect stuff and don't really care which thing you collect first, it's a great option.

Shame on the icon monetization btw, I wanted to buy some time for time, now I just won't.

Left4Dinner
08-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Just saw the treasure chest the first time cause i don't invest any energy on ptr....is there any chance to get these not by spending diamonds? If not then....wow Smite just fell sadly from one of my most beloved games to a replica of <insert random nexon game here>. Btw thats not very good. ;o Spending real money for some hoax boxes is totally the wrong way a shop has to be in 2014...at least in na/eu (this gamble thing sure is big esp in asian parts of the world though i don't know why).

I like to support good games by buying once in a while something in the shop...its usually between 10-20€ / month and usually for style cause i don't like p2w anyway and don't play those kind of games. BUT I want something for my money - i won't spend any real money on some bit boxes that might drop some skins...or mostly crap. Did once - never will do it again. And my will to support Games that include such a shop is near 0....
As usual just my opinion but i guess many esp na/eu players think the same way..?

games like tf2, dota 2, counter strike global objective, and many more, have chests like these in Smite, yet they are super successful.

Justifis
08-05-2014, 11:57 AM
shhhhhh, school is still out. let him have some fun while he is free ;)

Also, on topic, what is this 'Using an active or consumable will now cause stealthed gods to be revealed' thing? Does that mean using any active, or any consumable, will show enemies like loki, nu wa or even sequet?

I believe this means that gods such as Serqet or Loki who are in stealth will be revealed to enemies if they decide to pop a potion or place a ward while stealthed.

Lvna
08-05-2014, 12:30 PM
If you seriously think that only 20 codes are floating, you should probably check out Twitch a bit more often. You in no way "earned" the code, it was given to you for free through a distribution decided on by Hi-Rez. Now they decide to go this route and people start crying. No one understands just how RARE the convention skins are from the chest.

Bought 800 gems, got convention guan and kali, So rare..

ExileOfDay
08-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Just saw the treasure chest the first time cause i don't invest any energy on ptr....is there any chance to get these not by spending diamonds? If not then....wow Smite just fell sadly from one of my most beloved games to a replica of <insert random nexon game here>...

What's wrong with the chests, if you want to buy something like a skin then do it, nothings changed on that front they're all still available, and like others have said the value of the chest is always at least equal to the gems paid, and works out on average far more. I don't see how people can complain about this. If you don't like it don't use it, nothing will change in your game.

Justifis
08-05-2014, 01:05 PM

Either:

A - You got extremely lucky with the odds.

or

B - You already own a lot of in-game content so the rare items are therefore more common for you.

D3x4
08-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Are you four ? Having 20ish (maybe less) codes "floating" around on the internet is nowhere near having everyone being able to buy it. Go back on your crack kid.

I knew of one guy on twitch who had +200 artemis convention skin codes for giveaways a few months ago (he bought them on ebay) so yeah there are a lot of codes floating around on the internet.

HAVOK
08-05-2014, 04:32 PM
A lot of people forget about the previous Hi-Rez games. From what I remember, they stopped development on Tribes because it was a money pit. It didn't make money. The community should be thankful that Hi-Rez is charging gems for chests and icons now. Its funding the game which will allow for continued development. Just a thought.....

Arisuneko
08-05-2014, 05:23 PM
The community should be thankful that Hi-Rez is charging gems for chests and icons now. Its funding the game which will allow for continued development. Just a thought.....
Yes, I will keep that in mind the next time hi-rez replaces a voice pack I paid money for or changes gods beyond recognition.

Money has to be earned, not stolen and with these steps they have lost all my support.

Ange1oid
08-05-2014, 05:43 PM

The concept of EXCLUSIVE in HI_REZ games has an expiration date of around a year from item release. That's my experience with Global Agenda.

Goobis
08-05-2014, 09:58 PM
Reason on why all icons cost gems now?

knuxeh
08-06-2014, 06:45 AM

Another one who has no concept of RNG or what the word "roll" means.

Houseton
08-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Can you please make the new Nu Wa ult a skill shot? How does having a global hit everyone Ult which is nothing like anyone else has fair or fun.

For a rework:
She launches into the air for 4-5 seconds.
With your reticle you can highlight the gods you want hit by Rain of Fire (Mouse movement isn't 1/1 maybe like half reticle speed).
The more gods you choose the less damage it does to each. So a single shot could be closer to an Scylla Ult but if you choose all gods in range, each only receives a fraction of damage (which scales to level and Magic Power).
This makes it more on par with a skill shot and adds some dynamics to it. Also a maxium range on it would be better too.

Phantomoto
08-06-2014, 11:53 AM
No that would have to change her entire kit again, nu wa already does a ton of burst damage and has fantastic lane clear. She doesnt need to have a ult that could do even more damage. At that point she could kill anyone by herself no problem. The reason she has a rather weak ult damage wise is due to the rest of her kit being very strong.

Houseton
08-06-2014, 12:05 PM
No that would have to change her entire kit again, nu wa already does a ton of burst damage and has fantastic lane clear. She doesnt need to have a ult that could do even more damage. At that point she could kill anyone by herself no problem. The reason she has a rather weak ult damage wise is due to the rest of her kit being very strong.

True just experienced he clay dude exploding on me.

Crimsonpwnage
08-07-2014, 06:37 PM

That was a very childish generalization. I hope you grow up.

WraithofLight
08-11-2014, 05:37 AM
Misc

Custom auto purchase and abilities is now working in PvP matches.
Treasure chest roll has a new animation.
Fixed an issue with not being able to join a queue if having just left a custom room.
Using an active or consumable will now cause stealthed gods to be revealed.

Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes

Nu Wa
Clay Soldiers

Protection debuff no longer refreshes when hitting the same target.

Shining Metal

Reduced damage from minion explosion from 40/80/120/160/200 to 30/60/90/120/150
Reduced stun duration from 1/1.2/1.4/1.8/2s to 1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5s

Ullr The Survivor

Fixed an issue with standard Ullr voice playing when activating Expose Weakness.
Fixed an issue with standard Ullr voice playing at Victory/Defeat screens.

Ymir Nuclear Winter

Fixed an issue with Alarm sound continuing to play if cancelling ability early.

Zeus

Cleaned up some FX issues at all end of match lobby screens.
Fixed an animation issue after landing from jumping and using a basic attack.
Stormbringer and Almighty skins are back to using the old basic attack projectile.
Fixed some issues with blue and pink highlights showing through his hair on the new model skins.

It is a shame that you guys didn't change some of Zeus's ability like you did with Nu Wa

karel1
08-12-2014, 06:15 AM

hahahaha that joke is awesome, but I don't know if that is actually a joke, lol. My stepmother is just like a 3 year old, she's always cranky if she doesn't get what she wants, she lies to get equal and she is just annoying as fuck.

Zigbon
08-13-2014, 01:08 AM
I believe this means that gods such as Serqet or Loki who are in stealth will be revealed to enemies if they decide to pop a potion or place a ward while stealthed.

also so loki and serqet can't just stealth in mid camps, hog, and get out