PDA

View Full Version : Arachne, Kit Rework

DieQuex
04-02-2014, 07:52 PM
I personally am not a fan of her kit as a melee assassin, and feel that it shoehorns her into a state that requires her to be either overpowered or weak (early game and/or late).

But as a ranged physical carry? Still lacking escape, she has the safety of range that will give her late game utility

Attack Progression: 1/.5/.5/.75/1.25

Tainted Thread: Arachne applies poison on every physical attack that hits. The poison deals 3 (+16% of your physical power) damage every .5s for 3s. It stacks up to 3 times.

1) Broodlings: Exact same concept. Adjust values/durations according to the rest of her kit.

2) Life Drain: Arachne sends a spiderling toward a target in front of her doing 10/20/25/30/40 (Scales 10% physical power) damage every .5 seconds over a period of 3 seconds while silencing the target and healing her for 25/35/45/55/65 (No longer scales with physical power). This skill is no longer melee/auto aim but retains a small skillshot that requires aim (similar to AMC ulti)

Silence Duration per level: .5/.75/1/1.25/1.5

Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14s

Cost: Remains the same (65/70/75/80/85 mana)

3) Replace Tangled Web with Cocoon (her ulti), lower/heighten cooldowns accordingly. No longer fires through walls and revert the change to the width of the web.
Over Here!: Arachne fires a web projectile towards her enemies up to 80 ft. If the web hits an enemy god, it wraps them tightly doing 100/150/200/250/300 (+50% physical scaling) damage and stunning them as Arachne pulls them to her.

Stun Duration per level: .25/.4/.55/.75/1

Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana

4) Sinful Weaver: Arachne embraces her inner resentment for having lost her humanity by the hands of Athena and reverts to her prior form. Arachne becomes CC immune for .25 seconds (acts similar beads) applying damage in a small area of effect at the base of transformation doing 120/175/230/285/340 (+35% physical scaling).
Arachne also loses back pedal penalty while leaving a web that slows all who pass through it by 25% as she moves. She also receives an attack speed bonus that increases her attack speed by 15%/25%/35%/45%/55% at each level

Form Duraction: 4/4.75./5.50/6.25/7s

Cooldown: 90s

Cost: 105 mana

The general idea is for her to function as a ranged physical carry who drags a player out of position and bursts them down in a similar fashion (via dots by her passive, spiderlings, life drain, and likely qin's sais with her new attack progression) while retaining usefulness late game given her new role as a ranged physical damage dealer.

Her laning phase is weak given her lack of sufficient lane clear, this is balanced out (ideally, values can be adjusted since that isn’t my strong suit) by her strong boxing ability and utility via her skills (silence, lifesteal, stun, slows via broodlings, and new ultimate).

She is still incredibly susceptible to Crowd Control, so stunning her out of a fight when her ultimate is on cool down should be enough to put her down, though with her newfound ranged capability she should still be able to keep safe in the back lines with proper peel while helping her team in the late game.

I'm no proponent of a complete remodel, but I envsion her using two crossbows made out of the frontal parts of her arms (she no longer has human-like hands). Quick poopy sketch as food for thought: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/092/1/8/arachne_rework_by_diquex-d7cq2ah.jpg(Laptop is dead so no digital version)

Aside from those who are not a fan of her no longer being an assassin, any thoughts/critiques? Again, I'm not a numbers guy so I'd love more ideas

Kaios0
04-02-2014, 07:59 PM
The only that I dislike in every aspect possible is her ultimate.

For her Ultimate I would suggest this :

Sinful Web (Unoriginal Name) - Arachne, through her incredible weaving skills, weaves a vertical web from one target wall to the closest target wall after it. This web is invisible unless wards are placed near it. Each 2s a spider eggsac will spawn on the web, creating a max of five. Enemies who come into contact with this web trigger the spiders, causing them to attack the enemy. If the enemy goes through the web itself by accident then it will ping for Arachne and give her a movement speed buff until the spider eggs die. This ultimate lasts in total a max of 15s. The cooldown would have to be immense, of course.

DieQuex
04-02-2014, 11:43 PM
To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the ult either. Thought about it for awhile trying to synergize it with her kit (pulling someone in and bursting them down) while trying to pay homeage to her lore, so it's a bit forced atm. I like yours, though I wanted to avoid giving her a movement buff/mobility in general. Want to maintain her being high risk/reward with no escape in order to balance her boxing potential

Jokahine
04-03-2014, 07:16 AM
I do not think arachne needs a kit rework. Just a good auto attack progression (1/0.5/1.5), a New 3 and a few buffs to broodlings and she is fine :)

Arachne

Arachne is currently just way too overnerfed. she even loses her trademark earlygame against the enemy jungler most of the time! She is in a desperate need of buffs. i would make the web:

Paintable like amc honey.
Give arachne and her spiderlings a scaling movement speed boost in it.
Slow all enemies in it
Trigger all spidereggs in the web if an enemy touches the web. eggs hatched this way spawn 3 spiderlings.
(Scaling: 20/25/30/35/40% slow and 4/8/12/16/20% speed buff, duration: 4/4.5/5/5.5/6s)

Another thing that would fit arachne incredibly well, would be an attack progression. as her combo is ult-aa-aa-aa-drain life, with auto attacks just for the passive, something like 1/0.5/1.5 would be great.

Also, i think arachne's passive should get buffed to 5 + 20%.
Her spiderlings's scaling should be increased to 20% from 17%, and the mana cost should get slightly decreased. Also, a health scaling wouldn't be that bad, and decreasing the cooldown by 1s to make it go flat 10s at max rank seems good too:

BROODLINGS
Arachne lays spider eggs. Enemies getting too close to the eggs cause them to hatch 2 spiders that attack the nearby enemy, slowing them and doing damage every second. Damaging the eggs causes 1 spider to hatch instead of 2. If a spider web is placed nearby and an enemy touches it, 3 spiderlings are spawned instaed of 2.

DAMAGE PER ATTACK: 20/30/40/50/60 (+20% of your physical power)
BROODLING HEALTH: 80/100/120/140/160 (+20% of arachne's health)
SLOW: 20%
MAX DEPLOYED: 1/2/3/4/5
COOLDOWN: 14/13/12/11/10s