PDA

View Full Version : Convention skins

Berioth
04-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Just a suggestion, as you can see from the left, i'm from Brazil, so going to conventions is kinda of hard and i believe this applies to many more players than just myself so my suggestion is

Whenever there is a convention, sell the skins at the shop for the duration of the convention(for gems or favor, w/e) so that players like myself can actually have a chance at getting those skins.

JesusHatesYou
04-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Just a suggestion, as you can see from the left, i'm from Brazil, so going to conventions is kinda of hard and i believe this applies to many more players than just myself so my suggestion is

Whenever there is a convention, sell the skins at the shop for the duration of the convention(for gems or favor, w/e) so that players like myself can actually have a chance at getting those skins.

Sorry :( but the exclusivity of the skins is the entire point, so selling them through Smite would defeat the purpose.

However, many people at the event get extras and sell them. I bought 2 myself, ($30 each) and believe that both /u/eviz (http://www.reddit.com/user/eviz) and /u/wheatlay (http://www.reddit.com/user/wheatlay) are both still selling some for about that price.

Assuming you have a reddit account, you can message one of them. Be aware that you do so at your own risk. Make sure you pay through paypal, so if you get scammed, you're protected. But, I have personally talked/exchanged with both of these users, and they were honest and fair with me.

Berioth
04-01-2014, 04:14 PM
thats kinda silly tho, if i lived nearby id sure as hell go, but thats not the case, in my suggestion the skins would still be rather exclusive since they would only be sold for the duration of the event, after that they would be removed(plus people that go there get them for free, buying from shop would actually take you gems, so its not all flowers)

JesusHatesYou
04-01-2014, 04:18 PM
It's meant to be a reward for those who go to the event. Argue all you want, but it's the entire point for the existance of the skin. HiRez wants to encourage people to attend the event. You watching the event online or playing a game while the event is going on doesn't help the company. People buying tickets to the event helps the company.

It's a sad reality, but it's the way it is.

Berioth
04-01-2014, 04:23 PM
It's meant to be a reward for those who go to the event. Argue all you want, but it's the entire point for the existance of the skin. HiRez wants to encourage people to attend the event. You watching the event online or playing a game while the event is going on doesn't help the company. People buying tickets to the event helps the company.

It's a sad reality, but it's the way it is.

Judging by the bolded you are against it because the company needs our $$$, wouldn't buying gems for the skin also give them money, while players that actually go to the convention get it for free.

if the problem is money, then my suggestion is hardly bad, as i said they should sell for gems if they wanted, generating yet another source of money.

JesusHatesYou
04-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Judging by the bolded you are against it because the company needs our $$$, wouldn't buying gems for the skin also give them money, while players that actually go to the convention get it for free.

if the problem is money, then my suggestion is hardly bad, as i said they should sell for gems if they wanted, generating yet another source of money.

It helps with publicity as well as money. By going to the event, you make the event more fun. But, would you say it is fair you charge the price of a ticket for the skin? I believe tickets were $30+

Berioth
04-01-2014, 04:27 PM
It helps with publicity as well as money. By going to the event, you make the event more fun. But, would you say it is fair you charge the price of a ticket for the skin? I believe tickets were $30+

if its a way for people to get the skin without going because they can't, why not? i'm not saying it should be cheap or easy to get, just to give an alternative to those that for obvious reasons can't go to the event(like me, being from Brazil)

JesusHatesYou
04-01-2014, 04:29 PM
If that's the case, then what's wrong with paying $30 from the sellers I mentioned above?

Berioth
04-01-2014, 04:31 PM
If that's the case, then what's wrong with paying $30 from the sellers I mentioned above?

One problem, those guys have limited amounts don't they? what happens if they sell all, its gone ;D,placing on shop for a higher price than usual for the duration of the event would solve that, plus i'm not interested in the guan yu, i was just talking about future convention skins, in case something appears that i'd like to get.

JesusHatesYou
04-01-2014, 04:33 PM
One problem, those guys have limited amounts don't they? what happens if they sell all, its gone ;D,placing on shop for a higher price than usual for the duration of the event would solve that, plus i'm not interested in the guan yu, i was just talking about future convention skins, in case something appears that i'd like to get.

Again though, the limited amounts are part of what make the skin valuable. If they were easy to get, it wouldn't be worth nearly as much.

Berioth
04-01-2014, 04:34 PM
oh please, from what i've heard there were more codes than the people attending(as proven by people selling surplus) so really the problem isn't the amount, its the fact that people that don't live nearby normally can't go.

Either way this isn't going anywhere, exclusivity is nice and all, but ignoring a large part of your playerbase isn't, i left my suggestion.

Nycosis
04-01-2014, 05:01 PM

Not to mention the cost of plane tickets, food, cab fare, etc.

I'm jealous I couldn't go either, but to place the skin on the store completely defeats the purpose of going to the event to get this exclusive skin. Hi-rez made it that way so that they could intrigue players into attending the event. I know location is an issue Berioth, but you have to understand.