PDA

View Full Version : The smite dreamteam: Who would be in it and why?

Fazion
03-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Hey guys,

I'm curious about who would be in your smite dream team, and why?

MissXaliea
03-21-2014, 11:53 AM
EU
Solo: Xaliea Support: Emilitoo Mid: Lawbster ADC: Smek and Jungle: Qvo
NA
Solo: Anatoliy Support: Jeffhindla Mid: Nick ADC: Allied and Jungle: Shing

knuxeh
03-21-2014, 12:14 PM
hmm tough one. but i'm guessing we assemble the team based on how good each one is at their role, not how they work as a team..

barracuda
shadowq
lawbster
lassiz
xaliea

Erotical
03-21-2014, 01:40 PM
There's already a dream team.

It's called CoG.

Killateral
03-21-2014, 02:03 PM
ADC: Barraccudda.
Support: JeffHIndla
Mid: Nick
Jungle: Shing
Solo: Omega or Gamehunter, we'll see who is really better on fair ping after the 200k.

Fazion
03-21-2014, 02:58 PM

It's called CoG.

That's completely subjective :P but If you believe that team is composed of the players you'd put in a dream team... you're damn lucky!

Xypherior
03-21-2014, 04:10 PM
EU:
Support: TrixTank
Mid Lane: Psiyo
Solo: Xaliea/Gamehunter
Adc: Youngbae
Jungle: QvoFred

NA:
Support: Jeffhindla
Mid Lane: MLC Stealth
Solo: Wolfy2032
Adc: Barracuda

Kraziub
03-21-2014, 04:20 PM
Mixed Region

Solo: Xaelia
ADC: BaRRaCCuDDa
Mid: Psiyo
Support: Azzybear because it'll be hilarious to watch him fail
Jangle: Shing

OblivKnight
03-21-2014, 05:05 PM

It's called CoG.
lolfrontrunner.

Erotical
03-21-2014, 05:33 PM
lolfrontrunner.

Basis for that? I don't understand why you're trying to start shit.

d3sky
03-21-2014, 08:07 PM
Na.
Adc. Zapman
Support. Jeffhindla
Mid. Thebest
Solo. Omegatron
Jangle. Shing

Nycosis
03-21-2014, 09:44 PM
ADC: Barraccudda
Support: JeffHindla
Solo: Xaliea

Mexican
03-22-2014, 12:25 AM
Barraccudda, Allied, Zapman, Gamehunter, Paindeviande. How will other teams with without an ADC?

Csquared08
03-22-2014, 02:39 AM
So long as Shing is playing Bacchus, it doesn't matter who else is playing on the team.

OblivKnight
03-22-2014, 03:53 AM
I dunno Mexi, Snoopy's a pretty great sub that plays a mean ADC.

Takix
03-22-2014, 09:46 AM
my reasoning... for NA
ADC: Barraccudda - no reason needed, his AA's are amazing don't know how he does it
Jungle: Lassiz - he's really gotten soooo much better in the recent weeks, you can see the effort he's put in it
support: Daretocare - I honestly think he might be slightly better than Jeff but its very very hard to compare the teams seeing how denial isn't on their A game whereas Dare also has barraccuddda
solo: Anatoily - ugghhh i really want to say gamehunter...but this is for NA. He's good due to being patient imo thats one of the important things in solo lane
mid: Nick/TheBest - idk i have't payed super attention to these guys or mid in general so couldn't find anything super special

ImHamek
03-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Barraccudda, Allied, Zapman, Gamehunter, Paindeviande. How will other teams with without an ADC?

Hindla/Shadowq double bruiser lane.

Shnickerman
03-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Support: Jeff Hindla
ADC: Barra
Solo: Wolfy
Mid: Mlc
Jangle: Shing

I don't watch enough EU

ALL ROLES: Gamehunter xD

Fazion
03-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Mixed teams:

mid: lawbster
jungle: Lassiz
adc: Zapman
support: Jeffhindla

AlexCook
03-23-2014, 03:49 AM
ADC: Zapman
Support: ShadowQ

EyeIgnite
03-23-2014, 09:08 AM
EU:
Solo: Xaliea/Gamehunter

Pretty much this tbh. Like, this team just looks menacing as fuck.

Lightwrks
03-23-2014, 11:36 AM
Maybe next year we'll have an all star game :3 Here's my votes for 2014!

EU:
Solo: Gamehunter

NA:
Mid Lane: MLC Stealth
Solo: Wolfy2032

Nethz
03-23-2014, 11:59 PM
International allstars
Jungle: Andi (Shing might be better individually, but this is a dream TEAM)
Mid: MLC (With Twig in a close 2nd)
Supp: ShadowQ
ADC: Gamehunter

Shocksocks
03-24-2014, 12:21 AM
My Team of Dreams:

Mid: MLCStealth
Support: Jeffhindla

Completely subjective tho, and I cannot wait to see them all compete in the 200k!

RayPist
03-24-2014, 12:51 AM
Mid: Nick
ADC:Allied
Solo:Wolfy
Jungle:Shing
Support: Incon

Oh wait Kappa

TheBossawesome
03-24-2014, 05:55 PM
How ROOT Should have looked after the Jungle patch that would be the dream team.
Adc: Zapman
Support: Mattypoket
Mid: Lassiz
Solo: Anatoliy
Jungle: Andi

pieface
03-24-2014, 06:07 PM
Cog's lineup.

d3fuse
03-24-2014, 08:22 PM
Bring on the hate, but Trixtank is best support in smite imo.

Chottomatte
03-25-2014, 02:02 PM
ADC: Omega
Support: Omega
Mid: Omega
Jungle: Omega
Solo: Omega

*sub: Drybear

ezekel
04-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Jungle: Optixxx/nosyt(djpernicus)
Solo: Game Hunter
Mid: Lassiz
Tank/Support: PonPon
ADC: Myself

Would destroy 8)

Tokiko
04-01-2014, 10:23 AM
mine would have to be
support: shadowQ
jungle: lassiz
solo: wolfy
adc: zapman
mid: thebest

do basically dig if wolfy was solo.. lol

jeedyi
04-01-2014, 05:15 PM
For me.. i only follow NA eSport... so it will be all NA player ^^'

Jungle: Shing or Lassiz.. i can't really choose between the two.. :S
Solo: Wolfy
Mid: MLC Stealth

Theros
04-01-2014, 06:51 PM
After the tournament.. definitely TSM. They play like one entity.

Polymoron
04-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Dreamteam: Trixtank, Qvofred, Gamehunter, Youngbae, Lawbster. TSM4LIFE

bluuZ
04-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Dreamteam: Trixtank, Qvofred, Gamehunter, Youngbae, Lawbster. TSM4LIFE

literally this.

Flareb00t
04-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Are we talking raw skill or based on how synergistic they would be?

Jokahine
04-03-2014, 03:22 PM
trixtank, gamehunter, barracuda, andinster, and some mid player.

Xerguilhem
04-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Support: Trixtank
Jungle: Lassiz/Suntouch
Solo: Gamehunter/Wolfy
Adc: BaRRaCCuDDa
Mid: TheBest

Kreuston
04-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Trixtank, Lassiz, Anatolyi/Gamehunter, Zapman, Lawbster

Martin422
04-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Mid: Mlcst3alth
Support: JeffHindla

DesaCr8
04-20-2014, 07:51 AM
Just out of curiosity, how do you know that these people that you keep mentioning, are better than someone who isn't in any tournament, or not streaming? I said before, these guys are not the best, they are who had the means to get there. How can I for example, even if I'm the best player, get there, since I have no team? They simply have this opportunity, while others don't.

An example that I also gave before.. If Halle Berry won the prize of the most beautiful woman in the world, how did those guys that gave the prize, knew every woman in the world to claim that?

These guys are the plague of Smite, that people look at as gods, and then whatever they do, people blindly follow for months, until these guys do something different again. They are the reason why I get bm'ed for not following the so called meta. They are who is making Smite such a static boring game with identical gameplay everytime.

And to stay on-topic. My dreamteam: 5 guys that I won't name here, you don't know them anyway, that doesn't mean you have to look down to them.

WhosWill
04-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Just out of curiosity, how do you know that these people that you keep mentioning, are better than someone who isn't in any tournament, or not streaming? I said before, these guys are not the best, they are who had the means to get there. How can I for example, even if I'm the best player, get there, since I have no team? They simply have this opportunity, while others don't.

An example that I also gave before.. If Halle Berry won the prize of the most beautiful woman in the world, how did those guys that gave the prize, knew every woman in the world to claim that?

These guys are the plague of Smite, that people look at as gods, and then whatever they do, people blindly follow for months, until these guys do something different again. They are the reason why I get bm'ed for not following the so called meta. They are who is making Smite such a static boring game with identical gameplay everytime.

And to stay on-topic. My dreamteam: 5 guys that I won't name here, you don't know them anyway, that doesn't mean you have to look down to them.

They are praised as the "best" because people who can't get into a team to get into competitive level are irrelevant to competitive level play. Let's take any sport that is played professionally, there might be a top level tennis player hitting a ball right now in north korea but because he hasn't got a sponsor nobody hasn't even heard of him and thus nobody cares. If you want to put your money where your mouth is, get a team going and go get those "plague" spreaders.

End of the day, there has to be a reason you can't get into a team or that your team can't get into the higher level of play. Maybe you don't have enough spare time, people have real lives that need attending to. But that means you literally cannot dedicate as much of your life to this game as these guys, this "plague" as you put it.

It's great and all that you stand up for the "little man" and think for yourself and encourage others to do so as well but don't you think you're being bit over dramatic?

DesaCr8
04-20-2014, 10:50 PM
They are praised as the "best" because people who can't get into a team to get into competitive level are irrelevant to competitive level play. Let's take any sport that is played professionally, there might be a top level tennis player hitting a ball right now in north korea but because he hasn't got a sponsor nobody hasn't even heard of him and thus nobody cares. If you want to put your money where your mouth is, get a team going and go get those "plague" spreaders.

End of the day, there has to be a reason you can't get into a team or that your team can't get into the higher level of play. Maybe you don't have enough spare time, people have real lives that need attending to. But that means you literally cannot dedicate as much of your life to this game as these guys, this "plague" as you put it.

It's great and all that you stand up for the "little man" and think for yourself and encourage others to do so as well but don't you think you're being bit over dramatic?

I don't have a team because, like you said, some people have better things to do than play a video game 80% of their time. And if I would make or join a team, would take maybe months or a year of playing like crazy with that team to get some synergy going.

Now, more to the point, I don't mind that they try to earn money from a video game, while others do so called "real" work, we are not in the 70's or something. Is totally fine. The reason why I've called them a plague, is because of the other players mentality, I just saw it so many times.

Let's say a Conquest match starts, I choose Chang'e, and say "jungle", and also when match starts, I buy Hastened Fatalis first item. Whole match everyone will call me names. Then, 2 days later, one of these "pro" players, do the same in one of their matches, Chang'e jungle, and Hastened Fatalis on her, you know what will happen? That will suddenly be totally fine. And this is just one example, there are many more examples that I could give, like making Arachne tank. Or another example, everyone play 1-1-2-jungle, because they so desire, what if I get Kali for example and want to stay in lane? Guess what, everyone will call me names again, and why? Because if those "pro" players wanted to do it, it would have been fine. I have to play the game in an identical way though, everytime, because everyone wants like that.

And last thing, like someone was saying in another thread, a good player is one who does well or extremely well in solo queue, not those that play nearly everyday together, and then they think they are good.

So yes, in the end my problem is with the other players, not with these players, but since the other players will keep seeing them as masters of the game, they'll keep trying to do everything like they do, and blaming everyone for doing differently, the only solution would be to change the way the people seem them.

What's the fun of the game if you play for example 1,5k times same map, with identical gameplay? Never anything different, why do you still play? When everyone will know what will happen before match even starts, what's the point?

WhosWill
04-21-2014, 02:30 AM
Let's say a Conquest match starts, I choose Chang'e, and say "jungle", and also when match starts, I buy Hastened Fatalis first item. Whole match everyone will call me names. Then, 2 days later, one of these "pro" players, do the same in one of their matches, Chang'e jungle, and Hastened Fatalis on her, you know what will happen? That will suddenly be totally fine. And this is just one example, there are many more examples that I could give, like making Arachne tank. Or another example, everyone play 1-1-2-jungle, because they so desire, what if I get Kali for example and want to stay in lane? Guess what, everyone will call me names again, and why? Because if those "pro" players wanted to do it, it would have been fine. I have to play the game in an identical way though, everytime, because everyone wants like that.

And last thing, like someone was saying in another thread, a good player is one who does well or extremely well in solo queue, not those that play nearly everyday together, and then they think they are good.

So yes, in the end my problem is with the other players, not with these players, but since the other players will keep seeing them as masters of the game, they'll keep trying to do everything like they do, and blaming everyone for doing differently, the only solution would be to change the way the people seem them.

This is because these pro players have been established as good. Thousands of people have witnessed that they can play the game very well and know the game pretty much inside out, so their judgement is well trusted but when it comes to a single player playing ranked or normal conquest, only a handful of people have seen you play well so for a person who hasn't even played with you before has absolutely no reason to trust your judgement.

Also, a person doing well in solo queue is irrelevant because there are no high profile tourneys for solo queueing conq and I direct you to my previous point on this one.

In the end, you don't have the same dedication to the game as the pro players do, which you have stated yourself, so it's completely acceptable to take their word over yours. It is indeed a shame that people more often than not want a safe win instead of playing risky with experimenting new metas but here we get back to time. Time is a valuable resource as you will agree and a game of conquest averages around, what, 30 minutes. If you lose a game it feels like you have gained absolutely nothing for that 30 minutes spent (even though this is not true at all) so you want to play it safe. Get your moneys worth as it was. The best thing for you to do is find a clan or a group of people who are up for experimenting with you, since in solo queue conquest you're not only controlling the enjoyment of yourself but others as well.

Boatmurdered
04-22-2014, 08:21 PM
I'll make sure to mention all of your love for Jeff next time I play with him. He'll be embarrassed as anything. I'd tell Omega the same thing, but he'd just say he deserved it. lol.

Also I just want to put it out there. Arachne as tank? Nexusangel was doing that last year before anyone else. Just letting you know.

I will agree however that there are a lot of really good players out there that are not on pro teams for various reasons.

Sorastro
04-23-2014, 08:06 AM
My Dream team is a tough call.

Support: JeffHindla (Although I think it's a coin flip between him and Trixtank)
ADC: BaRRaCCuDDa
Mid: Lawbster (I'd have to put MLCStealth in a coin flip here too, though)
Jungle: Andinster - The guy is just always on point. Where he needs to be, when he needs to be there
Solo: Gamehunter (Can you not still hear "Pentakiiiiiill!!!" ringing in the arena in Atlanta)

Crazyace
04-23-2014, 10:52 AM
My dream teams form region, then ultimate team.....

EU

Support: Trixtank....(Love the way he goes around and helps everyone on his team, Also i think hes the best GF/FG stealer in the game which makes him even better) Runner up: Probably badgah I think hes really underrated in the EU scene and was a member of the dominate ESG when it was made (long time ago)...

ADC:Youngbae....( I think hes very consistent and you know what you are gonna get with him on a week to week basis) Runner up: Smek ( Been around the scene for a very long time, I believe was with Sk for a there whole existence, even though i believe he left recently still great hunter.

Mid: Psiyo....(Really hard to pick this guy over lawbster but just think he has a very small edge in god pool and overall knowledge) Runner up: Lawbster (Just a great overall mid, and love his zeus)

Jungle: Qvofred....(Absolutely love watching this guy play freya, really the standout jungler in eu scene.) Runner up: Suntouch ( really has made jungler his role, not gonna lie tho like him better mid =P)

Solo: Gamehunter....(Really dont even have to say anything about him, Hes literally a god at this game.) Runner up: EnQu (really a guy no one really talks about but this guy is a great solo laner for sk.)

Crazyace
04-23-2014, 11:06 AM
Na

Support: Jeffhindla....(Remember watching this guy in denial a few weeks back and thought why isn't he on a better team?) Runner up: Incognita ( sorry idk how to spell it lol, but still i think the best geb in the game and also the best rotates in the game.

ADC: Barracuda....( really one of the best overall players in the game, just dominates every single game, just saw him do a ranked where everyone on his team had more deaths then kills, and he went 14-1 and they won) Runner up: Zapman (Great player but sometimes you dont know what your gonna get, but like 25% of his games hes unstoppable even better then Barra)

Mid: MLCstealth....( He wins his lane like 95% of the time...enough said) Runner up: Thebest ( I remember like a few months back he was the best player in the world....period, still is a fantastic mid)

Jungle: Shing( Wow this one is the toughest out of all in both reigns to say, But its just the way he carries his team to victory every game, And Bacchus jungle?) Runner up: andinster: (like i said the hardest one to pick so this guys pretty fantastic as well.)

Solo: Omega....( personally think he dominates most US solo lanes, love his aphro solo as well =D) Runner up:Anatoliy( Great solo laner whos been with DiG for awhile, and did pretty good against gamehunter in the 200k.)

Crazyace
04-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Overall

Support:Trixtank over jeffhindla

ADC:Barracuda over youngbae (easiest one to pick)

Mid: MLC over psiyo (Hardest one to pick)

Jungle: Qvo over Shing

Solo: Gamehunter over Omega

Best player overall? This one is in the air with gamehunter or Barra....But as of right now i gotta give it to Gamehunter....Hes just to good at this game....

CAPSLOCKFURY
04-24-2014, 06:59 PM

I completely disagree. I think soloQ and competitive play are completely different skillsets. Different things work in soloQ as compared to an organized team vs another organized team. And since this game is a game where one team is setup against another - optimally, the game would be played with a full team and communication.

I don't think we should completely discredit people who do well in soloQ, but I wouldn't call them the best just because they're good there. They might be able to exploit unorganized players better, and when thrown into a team environment have awful communication and don't play well.

As far as:

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that these people that you keep mentioning, are better than someone who isn't in any tournament, or not streaming?

Well, that's irrelevant. I don't mean to be mean by saying that, so here's why:

That's certainly within the realm of possibility. There might be someone out there who's better than someone currently on a competitive roster. However, they have yet to show proof of that in a closed setting, so we can't just accept it as true. To accept something as true, you need verifiable proof. For example, I can tell you I'm the fastest runner in the world. That might be true, but would you accept it as true if I hadn't been in the olympics and won a medal, or if I didn't have an award from an organization to prove it? Similarly, I could tell you that the apple I'm eating is Red. It could be green, and I could be lying to you, hell, I might not be eating an apple. You have no way of knowing for sure unless I show you a picture or video. So why should you trust me?

In competitive games like Smite, our avenue of proof is tournaments. They are our olympics, awards and picture/video proof that we need to see that someone is actually skilled and knows what they're doing. Yes, you might be good and not playing tournaments for one reason or another, but until you prove that, nobody has any reason to accept your statement as true, just as you say they don't have reason to accept it as false. Burden of proof lies on you. Nobody else.

Boatmurdered
04-24-2014, 08:28 PM
So guys I heard from a reliable source that CAPS is the fastest runner in the world! Isn't that crazy?

Osairiel
04-25-2014, 04:58 AM
Dream team for me is simple.
Lassiz as Jungle because Lassiz <3
Gamehunter in solo because He's THE god hunter and nobody comes close because PENTAKILL.
ADC I'd probably take Zapman.
Mid probably Lawbster
Support It'd have to be Trixtank because hes insanely good

Bonedit
04-26-2014, 07:59 AM
I don't have a team because, like you said, some people have better things to do than play a video game 80% of their time. And if I would make or join a team, would take maybe months or a year of playing like crazy with that team to get some synergy going.

Now, more to the point, I don't mind that they try to earn money from a video game, while others do so called "real" work, we are not in the 70's or something. Is totally fine. The reason why I've called them a plague, is because of the other players mentality, I just saw it so many times.

What's the fun of the game if you play for example 1,5k times same map, with identical gameplay? Never anything different, why do you still play? When everyone will know what will happen before match even starts, what's the point?

You seem to be upset but your blaming the wrong people. The people that play in the tourney play and itemize a certain way because thats what they have practiced and thats what works, the reason why some casual like you cant make it work is because you havent practiced it and your team hasnt taken your change in playstyle in consideration.

Before you try to revolutionize and argue the meta and how/why tourney players are recognized to be the best and their choices to be optimal in most situations, you have to come to terms with the basis of where you are taking your knowledge from.

People who play in tourneys are recognized as the best because they have proven to be the best, you cant be the best without beating the best and until you have gotten your team and practiced and competed and beaten them, you cant call yourself the best. Just because your really good in soloQ and win most of your matches and destroy people that may or may not itemize like tourney players do, or just because your #1 in joust doesnt mean you can say you are better then tourney players or that you have the right to criticize their playstyle just because your on a soloQ win streak.

Tourneys are a completely different game then soloQ or the casual party games you have with your friends. You dont have a team because your not as good as you think, and you think you are too good to practice with a team that will loose alot before starting to win alot and then when you do get a real tourney match you get blown up and blame your team and the lack of synergy cuz you didnt practice enough and then quit before you get the chance to practice enough or because you dont feel your team is capable.

Tourney players are the best because they do make the game most of their life, they earn money, get sponsored by people who see that they are committed to spending a lot of time and effort to improve and be the best.

A good player isnt someone who does well in soloQ, thats just a good casual player, someone above the average of random players. A good player is someone that does well in an organized team regardless of which team he gets rotated in. Tourney players tend to keep their players pool within those players that they have played against or with. Rarely do they ever get a fresh face, and even when they do... Its usually a friend they have played alot with or someone in ranked who is ranked very high... People who are ranked high means they play alot and more often then not, end up playing with the people in tourneys who play ranked. And i am pretty sure your not that guy.

And last, why do you try to change the meta when you have no reason to? Over the last 2 years, the meta has changed drastically several times, but it never changed "just because its repetitive, or boring". The meta exists because it is the most optimal and effective way to play during that current patch, countless players follow that blueprint that gives them an effective and relatively safe scenario in playing against your enemy. Until you can give a logical reason and it is shown proven by many people why its better, the current meta will stay the same... And when someone does bring a new strategy to the table that works, it will become the new meta... Because thats what the meta is, a working strategy that works with your coordinated team and not soloQ where people follow their own intentions and dont get matched up with various skill levels.

Bonedit
04-26-2014, 08:07 AM
Dream team:

Gamehunter -solo (love Omega, but he doesnt shine as much in tourneys)
Andinster -jungle (love Shing, but his god pool is low and can get countered)
TheBest - mid
Barraccudda -adc
Trixtank - support (love Allied, but hes playing adc now which isnt where he shines)

Soulshiner
05-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Dream team na
Jungle-Dagarz or Andinster
Adc-Zapman
Support- Jeffhindla or Shadowq
Mid- Nick or mlcstealth
Solo-bruisers divios and rushed
Solo-mages wolfy2032

All I know about EU is that Gamehunter is a boss....

Cyberlink
05-21-2014, 02:39 PM

-----------------------------------
Cyber ELO Tool 5/21/2014 2:37:10 PM
-----------------------------------
Name: [COG]BaRRaCCuDDa
ELO : 2603.177
Team: CognitiveGaming

Name: [SNIPE]Allied
ELO : 2553.32
Team: SNIPE

Name: [DiG]Zapman
ELO : 2885.802
Team: Team Dignitas

Name: [TSM]Gamehunter
ELO : 2477.902
Team: Team SoloMid

Name: [OOOOH]PainDeViande
ELO : 2792.282
Team: BaRRaCCuDDa

That's not a bad list you got there...

Onrak
05-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Support : Trixtank (Jeffhindla is good but Trixtank is better)
Hunter : Zapman (No Zapman = no ennemy zapulated)
Midlane : Jerbie (The best mid i've seen)
Jungler : Lassiz (amazing with tyr and many others)
Solo : Gamehunter (we saw him = a beast !)

FeistyDeity
05-22-2014, 08:59 PM
Support: Incontinentia. Partially so I can name someone that isn't Trix or Jeff, but Incontinentia tends to impress me quite often whenever I see him play.
Adc: Vastrakal. Not really well known but I think he's really competent.
Mid: Psiyo. Though I'll admit it's partly cause I just like seeing him playing.
Solo: Gamehunter.
Jungle: Zopqqq. Another fairly unknown player who is just really good.