PDA

View Full Version : Honest question about Streaming Content

TraumaHunter
03-31-2014, 11:56 AM
I'm just trying to gauge the content people want to see.

Do people want to see casuals? Assault? Arena?

Gold league + for any of the leagues?

Would you want content dedicated to teaching people high level shenanigans as ADC? (or Solo, mid, support, jungling)

Goof off stream with friends?

Serious teaching stream aimed at high level play?

Teaching people the fundamentals of Smite?

God specific gameplay?

I've gotten my hands on some really cool stuff I can give away on a stream. And I would like to think I have a tiny bit (the absolute tiniest of "that name sounds familiar... maybe?") of name recognition.. So I was thinking I would maybe stream Smite... But I don't know what people would really want to see.

I'm not a member of CoG so in order to get a good viewership for the giveaways I figured I would try to get an idea of what people want to see.

I've got enough goodies to drop on a good solid week worth of streaming and giveaways. So I could even do LEARN TO ADC DAY!, LEARN TO SOLO DAY!, etc and go over all the different roles.

I'm just trying to get an idea of what people want to see streamed.

Any input is appreciated.

Kreuston
03-31-2014, 01:30 PM
For me it depends on my mood, I watch several streamers. For example Drybear or Zurple I watch to see some decent plays and also entertainment. I watch Smitten just for fun (more listen then watch) and I watch Anatolyi everytime I can catch him, because I love to play solo lane and I want to learn from him.
This will differ for every person, so you have to choose your target audience imo. Just be calm, with good manners in game (again for example this may matter only to me, there is a lot of streamers who scream and stuff and are still popular:D) and patient.

ImHamek
03-31-2014, 01:40 PM
There are different people who will obviously prefer different things, but based on going to the twitch directory and looking at the amount of views, people will generally people will want to see ranked play, the higher the better. If you can teach the role you're playing in ranked then that's going to be a bonus to the people who tune in to see if you're entertaining and they want to learn the role.