PDA

View Full Version : What jungler should I play?

God신
07-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Hey.

I'm a new player to Smite and really enjoying the game so far, especially jungle! But I'm kind of stuck on what champions are good junglers/what kind of junglers they are. I've mostly been playing Thanatos now and been dominating games, but playing the same champion gets repetitive and boring after a while.. I'm looking to play a select few junglers (1-4) and mostly prefer high damage junglers which is viable at all times of the game, and one tank if we need one. Please recommendend me a jungler and how he's supposed to be played, tanky, dps, etc.

I'm also looking to make new friends and if you can help me out feel free to PM me or add me in-game. :-)

Thanks in advance.

Halvhir
07-04-2014, 04:15 PM
High damage, always viable, eh?

Hun Batz is arguably the best jungler period right now at high levels, with lots of mobility, amazing control with his ult, and the capacity to build into 100%-chance crit procs thanks to his passive for extremely high damage. Farm up, get that Deathbringer/Rage online, and then just drop that ult into teamfights to split up your enemy and burst them down.

Freya is an extremely high damage mage carry, that excells in the jungle. Her banish is great for setting up ganks in the lane, letting you and your buddy in lane get into position and time other abilities for maximum damage. At 5, her ult is quick and hurts lots, letting you snipe kills under towers or escape from tricky situations. A slow built into pulse lets her chase kills, she has lifesteal built into her abilities, and she scales incredibly well lategame.

Osiris is great, though I haven't played much of him personally. It's not so much his player damage, but the cleaving attacks that grant him great clear as well as excellent poke with Spirit Flail that make him strong. Add that to his tether, which lets him chase and box very well, and a very strong and counter-healing ultimate, and Osiris can be very scary indeed.

If you want tanks that can jungle, the best two are probably Ymir and Athena. Ymir's damage is just insane, and his passive makes his autos HURT. Athena has the rotations from anywhere on the map, and if you build her damage then Defender of Olympus can just erase squishy assassins or hunters from the battlefield. Both of them have very strong clear for being tanks, and because of their Guardian status they get plenty of base HP and protections naturally.

Chaokoh
07-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Bakasura is really bursty and really good to jungle with(In my opinion). He has a good passive and skill system. He gets really high power at low levels and can shut down a guardian pretty fast. He has a leap, heal, damage boost and ultimates as a cone attack and slow with minions ,what is really good if you leave the enemy god with low health, minions are able to finish him off..

IntelliTroodon
07-04-2014, 10:24 PM
High dmg and always viable? Hard to come by, but doable.

Lets add to a list of gods for you:

Thana(you say u play)
Thor(great burst/cc)
Osiris(hard god imo, but he HURTS)
Bakasura(OMNONMONNOM)
Batz(best jungler atm by far)
Herc(Super tanky with great dmg potential)
Bastet(meowmeow DEATH.)

sorry if its long(gotta say that alot ;) amirite?), but try these out

KingScuba
07-05-2014, 01:41 AM
to add to the rest, mercury is also a solid jungler.

God신
07-05-2014, 03:05 AM
Thanks, I'll definitely give Hun Batz a try, and Bakasura seems cool. :-)

NLRino
07-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Why does nobody mention kali, kali might also be one of best junglers because the ability to dive and be immortal.

Myrkulyte
07-15-2014, 05:55 AM
I would add to that list ne zha too, and is easy to learn and you can burn with 3+4 more than 60% hp, then attack faster and crit more than a loki would even dream.

BeSeQel
07-15-2014, 07:09 AM
Osiris is not hard lol, if you can land your 1 and 2 you have the kill, of course make use of your 3 as it is an extremely good ability too.

Demystificator
07-18-2014, 03:06 PM
You may give Kali a try. Stun, 1jumping ability, insane sustain and her ult makes her invulnerable for a short time.

You should focus on power items for her as her attack goes 1/.5/.5. Max her stun first as it grants power and longer bonus duration. The 1 heals you always at the same rate (but quiet good damage output allowing some suicidal jumps under tower). The 2nd is her only lane tool and DoT.

She really sucks in lane imo and you really need to focus in teamfights in order to kill your marked for death target. If you want to get defensive items, get +health, her passive grants 80% of her max health on marked for death killing.

Bastet is quite viable imo from the moment she gets her ulti.
Master her 1 to becomes really hard to kill. For the rest, let her cats do the job, they slow, they damage, they can even push if there's no god around.
When I play her, I mostly rely on her skills damage, meaining I get more +power item than +attack speed.

Osiris is a really good tanky jungler. But you could take a lot of guardians in jungle like Ymir for deadly ganks.

Kreuston
07-18-2014, 06:14 PM
From a guy who plays jungle only when it's the only role left:

I found out hun batz is very good and fairly easy to play, strong in all phases of the game.
Nemesis is absolutely idiotproof, no skill is required to play her and she's strong as well. (maybe a bit waeker early)
Lately I'm giving a go to Osiris, he's really fun to play and also really strong.
Bastet is very good for beginners (for me she was), very safe.

Hope it helps:)

LunarFrost
07-30-2014, 05:10 PM
I'd say Bastet or Ne zha both are exellent jungler's

NiceRageBro
07-31-2014, 04:13 PM
Serqet, Mercury, Freya, Ymir (no joke! this guy can blink in and obliterate targets when he's built damage), Loki, Nemesis, Bastet, Thor, Osiris, Bakasura, Fenrir, Hun Batz, and Kali are all characters you would probably like.

Try their skills out in jungle practice and find one you like. Thor and Ymir are always free permanent unlocks on new accounts as far as I know, and currently Mercury is part of the free 5 god rotation.

Demystificator
07-31-2014, 05:24 PM
Nobody said Arachnee ? The best jungle cleaner ever made ?

NiceRageBro
07-31-2014, 05:47 PM
Yes and it even says "Great Jungler" ingame. How can you go wrong with that?

Demystificator
07-31-2014, 06:15 PM
Just nobody said it. I guess that people coming here to ask who can jungle didn't notice the game already says that every assassins can jungle...

Yousho
08-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Hun Batz is still immensely strong?
He was immensely strong when his name was 'Sun Wukong'...

Demystificator
08-02-2014, 03:07 PM
I think he's still considered as top tier assa and I believe he's usually banned in high level tournaments.

Justifis
08-02-2014, 05:01 PM
I play Thanatos as my main Jungle as well! Just recently got him to Legendary. ;)

But, being a main Thana player, I know what other assassins I can play better as when compared to the others. I suggest:

Bakasura, extremely similar to a Thanatos playstyle as well as having a similar build style.

Hun Batz, the monkey is arguably the strongest jungle in the game as of right now, but you have to know how to use him.

Nemesis, she is still a good jungle after the nerfs. Also similar to Thanatos playstyle imo.

Mercury, a bit more risky in my opinion. He has less escapability due to his ult having to charge and his 3 not providing too much of a dash. If you go in, you better be sure you can get out.

Myrkulyte
08-03-2014, 05:36 AM
Mercury is weaker than even loki in early game and even in mid game you will still have problems with him. But in late game, you will burn 30% of each enemy with made you look, and in team fights you can very easy separate the ADC from the rest of the team and burn him faster than they can react, then do this with the mage, the warrior then the tanker. With Mercury you can get the highest crits in the game(more than 2000) with the right build and a fully stacked passive. He is high risk/high reward, because if you get shut down in the early game you are hindrance for your team, and they must do everything to prolong the game.

My favorite is Ne zha, he is the embodyment of a living ultimate. Again, high risk/high reward, but if you manage to get a kill in the early game, you are going to snowball very easy. In teamfights you want to go at the back of the enemy team(you rush from the back, not full frontal) and launch your ring, use armilary sash and ultimate the ADC or assassin if his name is mercury or another Ne zha or kali , both exiting(and killing if your dear armylary sash want to deal a critical hit) him from the game and possibly damaging the others if they are in your falling radius. useless to say, you need to get out ASAP. Either buy sprint, either buy the aegis which let you move.