PDA

View Full Version : Why did my group of 5 just play against (5) Level 40+ Mastery Level players???!!!![?]

MoneyHaDuCH
03-30-2014, 09:59 PM
Hello,
A few of us recently downloaded the game and have been playing non stop for the past few days, tonight our group was finally able to get 5(all new to the game) so we decided to play conquest pre-made.
Bad idea.
Why on earth are the games so balanced between players when you que up in normal conquest mode with 3 or less players, but then you play against top players in the world when you and your friends que up with 5...does the match making system just turn off when you que as pre-made? If so, why?
This is a major deterrent and a major turn off for us, I consider myself half way decent...as do the our 5. We assumed that the other 5 we would be paired with would be of EQUAL SKILL level...not 5 players from China in a LAN house practicing for the next international eSports tournament...

Sincerely,
A very concerned Smiter.

Nycosis
03-30-2014, 11:11 PM
I guess it's because there are not a lot of players around your skill queing up as a 5-man premade group like yourselves, therefore just picking a random pre-made group since the population in that queue is so low.

Same for Arena League lets say, I started Arena League earlier this month, and obviously started in Bronze since it's my 1st month, but I got players on my team who were Rank 1 DIAMOND and stuff, no joke. So it's a similar concept in that the population for that queue was just to small.

Hope this helped.

Dmantakae
03-31-2014, 04:54 AM
The 5man queue MM will average your player levels (not mastery lvl) and I think elo as well, and put you against someone near your average. However, if the queue pickings are slim, it will queue you against whoever is free.

Note: I'm not 100% sure how the 5man queue MM works.

Lefargon
03-31-2014, 05:03 AM
There are 2 kinds of groups that 5 queue: clans/pro teams who are practicing for tournaments and people who are new to the game and want to play with their friends (the former playing far more frequently than the latter) and like Nycosis said if the player pool is low it'll just match you with whoever happens to be queued at that time.

SonicLiquid
03-31-2014, 07:53 AM
Conquest pre-made has a really low player base. Alot of people who queue are looking to scrim or looking to have a decent game against other people on coms. I'd recommend staying to arena on the 5 person playerbase.

MoneyHaDuCH
03-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Looking at these replies worries me to be frank.
There needs to be a casual 5's conquest mode then to cater to groups of 5 that enjoy playing smite together in their free time and those teams looking to improve can just play "League Mode". How on earth a week after the official release are there not 5 people on that know each other and enjoy playing. You're unable to que with 4 in conquest (which seems to be very balanced) but the minute Johnny Appleseed logs on making 5, you can't enjoy the game nearly as much since pre-mades are either not balanced, or this game truly has a very weak player base.

KingScuba
04-01-2014, 04:00 AM
my suggestion to you is to join a large casual gaming group, like taw, since you can do in house 5v5.