PDA

View Full Version : The ranked system needs to be changed.

SuperHans
03-30-2014, 08:26 PM
The current ranking system makes it useless to actually PLAY ranked you either get a win streak going and ensure your promotion in the 1st couple days or you give up and wait for the next month.
This leads to the few who actually play ranked after the 1st week dealing with players way above or below the division they are in; When i started bronze 2 months ago i regularly got matched up with professional players from teams in the launch tournament.
I think seasons should be removed all together so we can go from bronze to diamond as quickly as we want.

Also the mods should add a ranked discussion sticky thread so we have 1 specific place to talk about it.

TheEpicFetus
03-31-2014, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I don't like the ranked system either. Was in Silver for about 3 months, but recently just gave up with it, I wasn't enjoying it any more. Like you said, you need to win, and for that to happen all of your team has to be performing decently enough. Whether you earn points towards YOUR league score and YOUR promotion also depend on 4 other people.

Now, I know this will probably never be implemented, but the ability to have one member in your party being able to play ranked with you would possibly bring me back to ranked. Having that one guy to talk to and communicate would make ranked a bit easier, and playing games with friends who know how you play and how to respond to situations with you would make winning in ranked not as difficult.

Aximundi
03-31-2014, 06:06 PM
This may piss off some people but this is a quote from a video about elo hell or being stuck someplace....
As a paraphrase that if your playing perfectly you should be winning most of your games but nobody ever plays perfectly.Not saying that every game is winnable but still should be winning 70-80% of your games. If your stuck someplace maybe that's where you need to be at that point.
Not saying that every game is winnable but still should be winning 70-80% of your games.

SuperHans
03-31-2014, 07:54 PM
This isn't meant to be a post crying about how i can't rank up what i meant was the month long seasons make it pointless. I think changing it to a system where you go into a higher division once you've earned it instead of just once a month is what needs to be done.