PDA

View Full Version : What it's like to post ideas here or on the Smite Reddit

Tekron
06-29-2014, 08:21 PM
link incase the image is too big and gets cropped (http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/180/3/8/what_it_s_like_to_post_ideas_by_marxbowser-d7oiw9f.jpg)
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/180/3/8/what_it_s_like_to_post_ideas_by_marxbowser-d7oiw9f.jpg

But yeah this is what it's somewhat like, either my ideas are A. Hated, B. Ignored, or C. Liked immensly but never reaches Hi-Rez's ears, I know it's fan concepts and they will never really matter when the actual god comes out or whatnot, but a bit of recognition never killed, in fact it was Duke (R.I.P) who inspired me to create more skin/god concepts when he gave great approval to the Feaster Bunny on the old forums (R.I.P) and my Mecha-Nubis concept on the Smite Reddit a long time ago.

life story over now, on with your regular broadcast

pieface
06-29-2014, 09:27 PM
But, but, but feaster bunny?

Tekron
06-29-2014, 10:07 PM
But, but, but feaster bunny?

was a collaboration effort, that STILL needed the mass approval of the fans and got HiRezDuke (R.i.P) attention in order for it to happen. The stuff I have created so far has been solo work, and has gotten nowhere despite the having mass approval of fans because either Hirez doesn't see it or it never got the same mass popular demand as Feaster Bunny did, plus I can only ride on that for so long before it wears it's welcome...

MaysJEDI
06-29-2014, 11:03 PM
amen. I posted a ao skin idea that got half downvotes and half upvotes.
I even drew two quick concepts. sure, they weren't greatly drawn, but at least I took the time to think of an original skin instead of "le, ao is a noodle, lets make a skin where he a noodle!"-500 upvotes! As long as you have a stupid idea based on a obvious characteristic, you will get upvoted with no other details as how the skin would work. Then, I just deleted my reddit account after dealing with all the bs from every reddit I use to love but realized they turned into neckbeard churned poo poured into a trilby hat to serve to the populace.

Tekron
06-29-2014, 11:40 PM
amen. I posted a ao skin idea that got half downvotes and half upvotes.
I even drew two quick concepts. sure, they weren't greatly drawn, but at least I took the time to think of an original skin instead of "le, ao is a noodle, lets make a skin where he a noodle!"-500 upvotes! As long as you have a stupid idea based on a obvious characteristic, you will get upvoted with no other details as how the skin would work. Then, I just deleted my reddit account after dealing with all the bs from every reddit I use to love but realized they turned into neckbeard churned poo poured into a trilby hat to serve to the populace.

Closing you entire reddit account? I mean I get were your coming from but I think the term "overreacted" best describes what you did there... I would never do that because I know that people love what I do despite how alot of the time I get ignored/hated, if someone likes what I am doing that means I am doing something right?

And you do know that reddit adds downvotes to certain things so they don't stay on the frontpage unless a mod stickies it right? That could explain the half upvote/downvote thing... Unless it wasn't that many upvotes/downvotes to which I still say deleting your entire reddit account is a bit overreacting...

MaysJEDI
06-29-2014, 11:44 PM
Closing you entire reddit account? I mean I get were your coming from but I think the term "overreacted" best describes what you did there... I would never do that because I know that people love what I do despite how alot of the time I get ignored/hated, if someone likes what I am doing that means I am doing something right?

And you do know that reddit adds downvotes to certain things so they don't stay on the frontpage unless a mod stickies it right? That could explain the half upvote/downvote thing... Unless it wasn't that many upvotes/downvotes to which I still say deleting your entire reddit account is a bit overreacting...
more of a big reason, but r/smite as a whole is awful. I will always be its scourge.