PDA

View Full Version : Let us decide our own forum names

Ophis
03-21-2014, 06:05 AM
Title says it all.

EyeIgnite
03-21-2014, 06:41 AM
You don't like the name you chose for the game?

Tokiko
03-21-2014, 07:02 AM
i kinda like the naming system and how it puts as your ign... i just wonder if it will change when you do a rename

Onylight
03-21-2014, 12:13 PM
i see no problem at all, easy to have the same forum name and ingame name. also might prevent trolling under another name

Ophis
03-21-2014, 08:00 PM
You don't like the name you chose for the game?
Not on this forum. It would be far better if I could decide my own username, so that I could use the same username as on other Smite forums.

i see no problem at all, easy to have the same forum name and ingame name. also might prevent trolling under another name
Some of us prefer to have separate forum names and in-game names. I really don't see why they have to be the same. And how would this prevent trolling? The forum account would be the same as the game account regardless of the name shown.

Mexican
03-21-2014, 08:03 PM
I kinda hated that when i first signed up, but then i remembered I have an account with the name i want.

Ràvén
03-22-2014, 05:40 AM
Yeh no, you chose this name as your in game name and that is part of the reason some of us wanted this forum.

I had like 15 Reddit accounts, and none of them verified to anything. You go onto Reddit for one thing or another on one of the 4000000 sub-Reddits and just make a new name.

This is much better in that if you want to talk shit you will get caught out and hopefully there will be ramifications to your account.

OblivKnight
03-22-2014, 05:43 AM
It's a bit of a double edged sword. If you're active on the forum, it would be much easier to gain friends and meet new people to play with. However that could easily be a problem to some, especially those busy or wouldn't want their IGN connected to their expressed opinions on the forum.

baddwolf
03-22-2014, 05:48 AM
You could create a new account and then find a name in game that you like which you can use in forums.

Ophis
03-22-2014, 05:59 AM
This is much better in that if you want to talk shit you will get caught out and hopefully there will be ramifications to your account.
You would still be logged into your game account regardless of the name shown, so the potential ramifications would be exactly the same.

I'm not asking that forum accounts are separated from game accounts, I'm just asking that we can choose our own forum names. (As explained I've been using another username on other Smite forums, and I'd like to continue using that username.)

Ophis
03-22-2014, 06:05 AM
You could create a new account and then find a name in game that you like which you can use in forums.
I could, of course, do this, but then I would have completely different forum and game accounts. I would also have to create a Smite account which I'll never actually play on. That seems unnecessary.

ImHamek
03-22-2014, 11:47 AM
Some of us prefer to have separate forum names and in-game names. I really don't see why they have to be the same. And how would this prevent trolling? The forum account would be the same as the game account regardless of the name shown.

Then why don't you put in your signature what other names you're known by on other smite forums? That seems like it would solve the problem you're having while making it easy for people to quickly add people on smite who they've seen post on the forums and like.

Ophis
03-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Then why don't you put in your signature what other names you're known by on other smite forums? That seems like it would solve the problem you're having while making it easy for people to quickly add people on smite who they've seen post on the forums and like.
I would much prefer that it was the other way around, i.e. I decide my own forum name and, if I want people to know my in-game name, I put the in-game name in my signature.