PDA

View Full Version : Devana, the Huntress

Aurasai
03-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Giving her the title of "the Huntress" scince Artemis already has the "Goddess of the Hunt".
Devana (Dziewanna/Dilvica) is the Slavic goddess of good hunt, abundance and (in some regions) the summer season. She is a hunter of the forest who is much admired for her feisty femininity. She is usually described as wielding a bow and arrow and accompanied by wolves.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140309193930/gods-goddess/images/e/e2/Devana.jpg

(don't know the author of the image)

Summary:
Pantheon: Slavic
Weapon of Choice: Bow and Wolf companion
Type: Ranged, Physical
Role: Hunter
Hit progression: none

Friend of the Wild (Passive):
Devana is accompanied by her dire wolf companion. The wolf shares some stats with Devana. He deals physical damage to enemies. The wolf regains 2% of total health each second when out of combat. When killed, its spirit still follows you, without taking any actions.

Wolf stats:
Damage done: 20 (+3 per level) + (50% of your physical power)
Attack Speed: 50% of your attack speed
Critical Strike chance: 100% of your critical strike chance (works with Deathbringer)
Health: 120% of your health
Physical and Magical protection: 150% of your physical and magical protection
Lifesteal: 5%
Movement speed: 120% of your movement speed

Takedown (Skill 1):
Devana charges up a shot, slowing her own movement speed. Depending on the charge up, the damage and range of this abillity is increased. Upon release, the arrow she fires pierces all minions and monsters, stopping at the first god being hit, slowing and dealing physical damage.

Maximum charge up: 1,5 sec
Self slow: 20%
Range per charge time: 30 ft + 15 ft for each 0,5 sec charge (up to 75 ft)
Slow per charge time: 5%/6%/7%/8%/9% for each 0,5 sec charge (up to 15%/18%/21%/24%/28%) for 1,5/1,5/2/2/2,5 sec
Damage per charge time: 30/60/90/120/150 (+35% of physical power) for each 0,5 sec charge, up to 90/180/270/360/450 (+105% PP)
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana
Cooldown: 13 sec

With Wolfpack: Devana's wolf starts chasing the god being hit by Takedown, gaining increased movement speed. His next attack will deal physical damage, based on the god's missing health and reapply the slow. This effect is cancelled if the enemy god or the wolf get too far from Devana.

Damage: 175/250/325/400 (100% of your physical power) + (15% of victim's missing health)
Movement speed: 50%

Disengage (Skill 2):
Devana makes a short jump backwards, firing an arrow to the knee ( http://images.proboards.com/v5/images/smiley/grin.png ) of the enemy god in front of her. The enemy god takes physical damage and is slowed.

Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+70% of physical power)

Slow: 25% for 2 sec
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana
Cooldown: 15 seconds

With Wolfpack: Devana's wolf bites the leg of the god being hit by this abillity, dealing physical damage over time, rooting and crippling the god.

Damage: 70/105/140/175 (40% of physical power) each sec for 2 sec
Root and Cripple duration: 2 sec

Bloodlust (Skill 3):
Devana heals her wolf, granting him bonus attack and movement speed and lifesteal.

Healing: 25% of Wolf's total health
Lifesteal: 10%/15%/20%/25%/30%
Attack speed: 30/35/40/45/50%
Movement speed: 20%/22,5%/25%/27,5%/30%
Duration: 6 sec
Cost: 40 mana
Cooldown: 13 seconds

With Wolfpack: The healing and lifesteal are doubled and if the Wolf is dead, he revives at 50% health. Devana also gains the bonus attack speed and movement speed.

Wolfpack (Ultimate):
Upon use, Devana's next abillity cast within 4 seconds will have improved effect. Increasing the level of the ultimate increases the bonus effects gained for the improved abilities.

Cost: 40 mana
Cooldown: 50 seconds

Aurasai
05-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Wolf AI:
Attack rules:
Highest priority - attack the god hit by Takedown or Disengage during Wolfpack, up to 65 ft
High priority - attack the closest enemy god within 15 ft (only if hit by Devana in the last 3 seconds)
Medium priority - attack the first enemy god that deals damage to Devana
Low priority - stay on target
Lowest priority - attack the first thing hit by Devana regardless of range for 3 seconds

Return rule - return to Devana when she is at 65 ft or more

Pull aggro rules:
Minions and towers already attacking the wolf won't attack Devana when she hits an enemy god
The wolf will pull aggro from jungle monsters who would otherwise be attacking Devana.

God analysis:

http://i.imgur.com/TJoUWze.png

Damage - Devana is a lategame hypercarry. While her abilities do relatively low damage compared to most other hunters, her wolf companion compensates greatly for that. Both Devana and the Wolf scale extremely well into the lategame with critical strike damage and her double steroid. If her steroid is used with Wolfpack, she is able to outdamage any other hunter in the game, at the cost of mobility, CC and overall utility.
Mobility - While Devana does have a short evade and movement speed buff, her jump distance is very short and her movement speed buff requires use of her ultimate. As such she has average Mobility.
Utility - Devana can be played both as a normal lane hunter and as a jungler due her "portable tank". While she has plenty of different effects on her skills, she is unable to make use of her whole kit at the same time. As such her ultimate needs to be used for specific situations depending on the required effect that she is trying to achieve. She has high damage, average mobility, good defence and weak control. As such she has good-average Utility.
Defence - While Devana doesn't have skills that improve her defence, her wolf is able to pull aggro from creeps and tower and even bodyblock if positioned well. The wolf can soak up some amount of damage that could be otherwise done to Devana. As such, she has good defence for a hunter.
Healing - While lacking healing for herself, Devana provides good healing and lifesteal for her wolf companion.
Control - Devana has 2 slows and a root+cripple, but they can only be used on 1 target, and her root requires her to be in melee range. As such she has low control.

Lore:
To be added...

Appearance:
To be added...

XXVII
05-20-2014, 12:26 PM
Well, do you want to do 3 or 4v1 with her? It`s pretty...much. I think the kit could work, but rebalance the numbers. REALLY how it is now is way too OP compared to actual Gods in Smite.

Aurasai
05-20-2014, 12:31 PM
Well, do you want to do 3 or 4v1 with her? It`s pretty...much. I think the kit could work, but rebalance the numbers. REALLY how it is now is way too OP compared to actual Gods in Smite.

The damage on the Wolfpack version of a skill depends on the ultimate's rank and NOT on the rank of the skill itself. Don't worry, you won't be doing 800 damage with your 1 the moment you reach rank 5 of Takedown :D

XXVII
05-20-2014, 12:33 PM
The damage number on the Wolfpack version of a skill depends on the ultimate's rank and NOT on the rank of the skill itself.

Ooh, well, that changes things pretty much. Any way to change my vote? :D. I think it can work very well.

Aurasai
05-20-2014, 12:52 PM
Ooh, well, that changes things pretty much. Any way to change my vote? :D. I think it can work very well.

Not that I am aware of. I was also searching for such an option.

PeterBuch
05-20-2014, 01:18 PM
The god feels honestly far too close to Artemis. I would rather think about something like this as an Artemis Rework.

Dwebbris
05-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Uhm... Not sure how well I would say you did your research for this one. Devana is just the slavic version of the roman godess Diana (aka Artemis in Greece). It is pretty much the exact same god.

Aurasai
05-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Uhm... Not sure how well I would say you did your research for this one. Devana is just the slavic version of the roman godess Diana (aka Artemis in Greece). It is pretty much the exact same god.

And Diana is the exact same goddess as Artemis, like you said. Most gods are based upon gods of older myths. Dziewanna (the Polish name of Devana) has a few original myths of her own. In some myths she was said to be the twin sister of Marzanna (Morana), where one is a goddess of Summer and game (as in hunting), and the other is a goddess of winter and starvation. They even used to be rites, giving tribute to her during the start of the agricultural season.

Aurasai
10-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Update: new formating and more info on the god summary and wolf AI.
Also did some balance changes. A lot of number tweaks. The most major cahnge is the change to her passive. The passive part of the ultimate (the wolf) was moved in the place of her passive. I will use her old passive on a new concept.

P.S. Also changed the image to one that fits her image better (the old image was for the Roman goddess Diana). The new one was specifically made for Devana and fits the image of a Slavic huntress better.

Martyre20
03-29-2016, 10:32 AM
This god looks a lot like Skadi haha. Weird how that turned out.

Aurasai
03-29-2016, 10:37 AM
This god looks a lot like Skadi haha. Weird how that turned out.

Well, this concept is older then the forum :D. I was quite happy with how Skadi turned out, and it also made me realize how broken Devana would be, seeing as how tanky her wolf is compared to Kaldr.