PDA

View Full Version : Stop driving away new players with ur toxicity

VengeanceA
06-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Alright, so... This is like the first game that made me feel 'bad' when I play it. And I have maybe 30h only in it, where most of the hours are actually vs bots, I can't believe how much of toxic (insert word) I ran on. I did read here and there how players tends to be toxic, but since I played mainly TPS/FPS games 'toxic players' are not something new. But vs bots to rage and insult because someone didn't go 'meta' or there is more than 1 mage??? Seriously, what is wrong with u as community because this is extreme. It's a shame since I liked the game itself and even bought that god pack to try all out, but whenever I want to play it, it crosses my mind how I'll probably be insulted in first 5 mins so I just go and play something else. Really disappointed.

carlisle4111
06-13-2018, 04:52 AM
To be completely honest, by the time you hit 30 hours you should understand the god you're playing and know how to build them to deal damage and counter. Toxicity wise, LoL is a LOT worse than smite players. It's still proven today that LoL has the most toxic community behind DotA 2

VengeanceA
06-13-2018, 10:47 AM
Mmm I think u misunderstood my post.
I am not playing one specific hero, I'm still trying out different heroes and didn't even play half of them. Heck, not even 1/5 probably. And that's why I go with auto builds and play vs bots (played only few times arena). Now, when u go even on medium vs bots, there is no jungler. Ur bots sometimes go afk until the enemy reaches phoenix. Left lane is always melted for some reason. But that wasn't my point. Why would it matter what person picks in vs bots when u can legit solo it? On top of that, I never 'main' one specific hero or one specific group (tank, dps, support) I play all.
Building system might be clear if u came from games like LoL but u pretty much pointed out why I never tried it out. The only MOBA I have experience with is HotS and it doesn't have shop/building system, it's without consumables and camps works different as well. There is no jungler either.
Overwatch is pretty toxic game, but that seems limited only for competitive which makes sense. I am not talking about poining out on someones bad play that might costed ppl the game. But insta locking something in bots (example mage) then flame on me because I wanted to play mage as well.

carlisle4111
06-13-2018, 01:03 PM
No, I got what you were saying. The point I attempted to make is that bots may be bits, but say you're in conquest, it's your job as the jungler to help all latest and learn when to rotate. Bots are bots, theyre not men or designed to carry like an ADC, mid or solo. Within 30 hours of game play the consistency for which you played (regardless of how many God's you have) you should be able to rotate into lanes correctly and help your team. Conquest isnt about the number of kills you get, guys the mechanics behind playing the maps. Add me if you like and I'll help you later this evening. Out with the wife for the day... Visiting in-laws... Lol

VengeanceA
06-15-2018, 01:35 PM
I do get ur point and I don't think u are wrong with it, but that's not what I'm talking about.
It's not about my (bad) play, since we didn't even load in match and player who insta-locked Susano rages and insults me for picking Thanos.
So it was never HOW I play, but what I want to play and such things really shouldn't matter, in vs bots especially. If it's comp, yeh, for that u need serious team comp and it's understandable.
Sorry, I'm a bit busy this week with work, but can add u once when I go online next time. Appreciated.