PDA

View Full Version : Toxic

Valyent
02-19-2018, 01:13 PM
So reporting doesn't work. How do we deal with this games toxicity issue? I've pretty much abandoned all hope. Going to play another game for a while until maybe the community changes.. Been the same since about season 2 though so I wont get my hopes up. I've personally never played a game where the community could be so disgusting.. even League of legends didnt have this problem. Although it wasn't very entertaining so I didnt stick around for very long. I'm sure some of you will try to defend this game and the community but I could play for any 24 hour period and have enough evidence to without a doubt consider this community completely destroyed. Its not just a few bad apples. Its almost everyone. Peace.

SquireAngel
02-22-2018, 06:50 PM
Reporting doesn't work...at first. Personally, there are times I've been a toxic schmuck, and I've gotten reported for it. I was actually a moderator on a smaller site, and we would keep records of misconduct. Unless the offense was incredibly out of line, it was kept so that we could establish a pattern of behavior. Some people are prone to tilting, but aren't bad people at base. If I was handled too heavily, I would have been banned long ago. I've been playing for 2 1/2 seasons, and easily have probably a dozen true reports. Considering that I play 5+ matches a day on average, I would easily get banned if it were after x reports. Mobas also have a tendency to be toxic.

Assassin_Sissy
02-23-2018, 10:27 AM
In my experience, all game communities have their toxic players. Some people just think the internet is their place to ignore all social conventions and take their inner angst out on others. I won't say it's an easily solved problem either. Devs just don't see it as being their problem so they don't really do much to try to alleviate it. Unfortunately, the toxicity does affect their game whether they want to believe it or not.

The only dev I've seen that actually planned ahead for this was Square Enix with FFXIV's commendation system. It isn't the only reason that community is one of the better ones out there but it did make people more aware of their own and others' behavior. Toxic players weren't the norm. I really think a system like that could help this game -not only does it benefit the community as a whole but individual players through the rewards they receive for the commendations. Setting aside all the details for another conversation, the system would work because it uses a sort of positive reinforcement on good behaviors. By players making these decisions themselves and rewarding other players with points that lead to rewards that are worthwhile (in this case, FP Points, skins at certain levels, etc), you can entice even the jerks to take part in it. Even more so if you make the commendations a stat just like any other. See someone with 0 commendations...you can prepare yourself for a rough match.

Yeah, I know it's a community problem but the players being bullied, cussed out, and victimized can't actually do anything about it because they are essentially powerless. The cycle continues because there are no consequences for the offenders. A commendation system or something similar is a lot like karma: you're a jerk, you get no rewards. If the rewards are good enough, the jerks will start getting butthurt and either leave the game or leave their attitude outside of the matches. Sort of a win-win either way.

Eowelas
03-25-2018, 06:47 PM
I feel what you say, I've been bullied in game by some player and even in my PlayStation chat box by two players. I've reported them by doing a ticket on the Hi-rez website but got a generic e-mail :

Hello,

We expect all players to abide by the Terms of Service that was agreed to upon account creation and initial game login. We take continuous measures to identify and remove users breaching that agreement.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will investigate and take the appropriate action.

Best regards,
HiRezKirill
Hi-Rez Studios Customer Support

I don't know if really something will happen but, anyway I couldn't do anything else.. after that I haven't play for few days because it was uncanny and destabilizing..