PDA

View Full Version : Ranked Flex

Francesco0809
11-06-2017, 03:54 PM
I was wondering if there would ever be a Ranked Flex mode added to Smite like from League of Legends?

I understand what the Ranked Conquest was changed to solo/duo queue, and I agreed 100% with that decision.

However, there are many parties of friends that want to play ranked together, and play competitively without playing casual as it is usually filled with, as the title of the game mode says, "Casual" players.

Clans want to compete at a higher level of play and be surrounded with players of the same mindset.

Adding a second Ranked Conquest Flex Gamemode would be great and an amazing addition to Smite.

xRMFxDeadlyD
11-06-2017, 04:33 PM
I dont play conquest much, let alone ranked, but did u say that its locked to only a group of 1 or 2 to que? Like no party of 3-5? Thats extremely stupid, wat if the spl was like that? Im sure teams would be mad. Theres no reason that can defend it. Ppl complain of too gd of teams? Its ranked lol of course it'll be hard, especially wen u increase ur rank lol IF i understand you right lol

Azecpt
11-07-2017, 04:03 AM
Playing as a team in conquest is inherently unfair to the opponents unless they are also a team. This is to some degree acceptable in casual conquest, but it would be ridiculous in ranked play because of the limited pool of players. Hirez have actually tried letting more people queue ranked together at one point, but the matchmaking was completely ridiculous and so they removed that feature. There was also a "5-man premade" queue at one point, but not alot of people actually used it so the matchmaking there was insane as well even after waiting upwards of 15 minutes for a match.

We don't need more "modes" to separate the player base. If anything we need fewer modes because a larger pool of players within each mode would improve matchmaking.
If you want competitive 5-man conquest you have to find some scrim partners or join one of the leagues, because it simply cannot be successfully implemented in any shape or form in the game, they've tried.

Skraz
11-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Playing as a team in conquest is inherently unfair to the opponents unless they are also a team. This is to some degree acceptable in casual conquest, but it would be ridiculous in ranked play because of the limited pool of players. Hirez have actually tried letting more people queue ranked together at one point, but the matchmaking was completely ridiculous and so they removed that feature. There was also a "5-man premade" queue at one point, but not alot of people actually used it so the matchmaking there was insane as well even after waiting upwards of 15 minutes for a match.

We don't need more "modes" to separate the player base. If anything we need fewer modes because a larger pool of players within each mode would improve matchmaking.
If you want competitive 5-man conquest you have to find some scrim partners or join one of the leagues, because it simply cannot be successfully implemented in any shape or form in the game, they've tried.

It absolutely can, they haven't tried that hard. Smite's matchmaking is still garbage, even with only solo/duo queue. If they accounted for groups in their matchmaking algorithm and only paired premades with premades, duo's with duo's, etc, and used solo queues to fill the gaps it would work out ok. Or if they increased the mmr of players while they are in a party to account for the advantage of communication. It wouldn't be perfect, sure, but it'd be better than not being able to play ranked with friends. Full premades would still have a longer wait time, but that's just going to be the downside of having a full premade.