PDA

View Full Version : Why are we not using this for Aphrodite's model?

Csquared08
03-21-2014, 03:33 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/424be3bc8ce29b668430cdc6d5fe4577/tumblr_mrjfnnQ6vm1su5d7go1_500.jpg

Psychevore
03-21-2014, 03:39 AM
Because why would the Goddess of love ever be anything but a blonde? Seriously though, people making a deal out of Aphro being blonde and not brunette...It's ridiculous.

Csquared08
03-21-2014, 03:51 AM
Because why would the Goddess of love ever be anything but a blonde? Seriously though, people making a deal out of Aphro being blonde and not brunette...It's ridiculous.

You're not making much sense. :/

For me, anyway, what bothers me about this is the inconsistency. In-game, she's blonde and looks quite different from this, which is her most common depiction out-of-game. At the very least, make things consistent.
Beyond that, though, compare the three Aphrodite models we have.
For reference, both in-game models (including the recolor):
http://i.imgur.com/UCCVD9k.jpg

To me, the brunette version looks much cleaner and much more regal+majestic while also looking more like a goddess of beauty. So I'm not sure why it's not used as the in-game model.

Gilaro
03-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Would be nice if it was a purchasable skin.

falloutkitty
03-21-2014, 02:56 PM
The brunette version is adorable, the... clothing, of what little she has, is a really cute and godlike outfit while in game model just doesn't have has much to look at comparing the two. If this was a skin for aphro, I'd be so happy. Why they didn't include the feather things on the hips is beyond me.

NinjaSniPAH
03-21-2014, 03:20 PM
Shame that that isn't her in game model, but what it is now isn't "bad" persay.

Jokahine
03-21-2014, 03:23 PM
That's a lot better than the current, but if they decide to change it, bastet needs a remodel more than aphro so bastet's first. Also ao kuang.

Merurulince
03-21-2014, 03:35 PM
I was always under the assumption that they were gonna remodel her to look like this since that's clearly her Chinese art. Guess it was scrapped and replaced to what we got in this patch.

xxJunoxx
03-21-2014, 03:42 PM
The colour balance and detail on that one is so nice... I've wanted it for so long.

OblivKnight
03-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Yeah I'm a bit suprised considering they adapted Thor and Agni's online art.

Tokiko
03-21-2014, 04:21 PM
I always assumed it was the alpha or closed beta model for her.

Clerkky
03-21-2014, 06:20 PM
It would be cool if this was a purchasable skin tho :P

Bottes
03-21-2014, 06:37 PM
A brunette Aphrodite would be pretty cool.

Since we've already got the Blue and Purple colo(u)r schemes for her skins already, I would like to see her colo(u)r scheme as a brunette be Red or Green - maybe even Yellow.

Holeevyer
03-21-2014, 06:49 PM
I, for one, wouldn't want anything manga except for chinese pantheon. I like the job they did on their remodel. Less of a freakshow, a more subtle beauty.

Lorengorm
03-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Yeah. I really want that concept art one to be the in-game model. But seeing as they just changed the model, and not to that, it might be some time before this sort of change happens, if at all.

dafinch
03-21-2014, 08:58 PM
New Model is vast improvement. the hair proportions are better, her face has the tone of a face and not a shoddy false sense of shadow near the chin area. overall i like this buff for aphro, something she needed anywho

Jhengski
03-21-2014, 09:30 PM
That should be her god card at least.. with a few modifications to suit her ingame model.

baddwolf
03-22-2014, 01:23 AM
I agree that there should be consistency between loading cards, avatars and god models.

Csquared08
03-22-2014, 02:29 AM
New Model is vast improvement. the hair proportions are better, her face has the tone of a face and not a shoddy false sense of shadow near the chin area. overall i like this buff for aphro, something she needed anywho

Oh, definitely, though I feel she should have kept the stockings. Beyond that, though, I feel they should have just used the brunette version. It looks better than both in-game models we've had.

Onylight
03-22-2014, 07:59 PM
i wonder why they don't make a brunette recolor and use that artwork as card? shouldn't be that hard + it look super nice

Mogtaki
03-23-2014, 01:32 PM
That artwork is kind of...well, not very good when you analyse it.

- Her eyes are far apart, especially her own left one.
- Twisted spine; you can't face your boobs one way and your hips in another without feeling uncomfortable.
- Brunette when her model is blonde.
- Giraffe neck; have you not seen the length of her neck in that picture?
- Disproportionate hips; looks like part of it's missing.

So I don't know about you, but these are pretty obvious on the artwork when you're used to analysing art like this.

Csquared08
03-23-2014, 01:53 PM
That artwork is kind of...well, not very good when you analyse it.

- Her eyes are far apart, especially her own left one.
- Twisted spine; you can't face your boobs one way and your hips in another without feeling uncomfortable.
- Brunette when her model is blonde.
- Giraffe neck; have you not seen the length of her neck in that picture?
- Disproportionate hips; looks like part of it's missing.

So I don't know about you, but these are pretty obvious on the artwork when you're used to analysing art like this.

1. This looks to be more a result of the way her face is turned. Since it's turned to our left, it looks like there's space in between her eyes that isn't actually there.
2. Not sure what you mean here. I had no issue mimicking the pose.
3. I'm not sure what bearing this has on the quality of the art? Beyond that, it seems like you missed the point, which is that this should be the in-game model, not the one we have. So obviously there are going to be differences.
4. Yeah, I can see that. Seems like an incredibly easy fix, though.
5. Where? I'm honestly not seeing it.

TheClayPigeon
03-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Blonde aphro is best aphro.

Shnickerman
03-23-2014, 06:52 PM
I actually like the brunette which is weird for me xD

LittleDoll
03-24-2014, 11:59 AM
I'd like a skin for that one. Was disappointed to see that that wasn't.

Medeya
03-25-2014, 03:10 AM
A skin yeah, but in-game model...she is usually depicted in art as blond and also her new model looks awesome and is accurate so i don't see a point of this being the in-game model. Would like a brunette skin tho!:)