PDA

View Full Version : Ullr T5 Medieval Evolution Skin

ClownfishStudio
06-06-2017, 02:23 PM
Clownfish Studios 6/6/17

GIVE FEED BACK!!!!!! Thanks!

Background Information
Recently I logged onto Smite and saw a promotion advertising the 2018 Odyssey T5 Skin submission system. I went to the page which displayed all the information and status of the upcoming Odyssey. I read that Jun 2nd-June 19th, players could submit concept skins for the 5 hunters chosen (Jing Wei, Medusa, Ullr, Skadi, Hou Yi). Hunter being one of my favorite classes, I was immediately persuaded to do more research on the submissions process, and T5 skins from years past. For 3 days I a conducted a major brainstorming session, where I came up with ideas for T5 skins for the different hunters. I did in-depth research on their lores, just incase I wanted to create a concept which was mostly lore based. After following the strict guidelines set by Hirez administrators in charge of the submissions, I conceived a concept skin which in my opinion, is my best idea. Without further background information, I present a Medieval Evolution Ullr Skin Concept.

Evolution System
There will be 4 different levels in the evolution. The skin evolves when the player reaches Levels: 5, 10, 15, 20.

Evolutions
Levels 1-5: In these first levels, Ullr will have the appearance of a Peasant. He would be wearing an olive colored tunic held around his waist with a rope, a light brown coif or hood, gray leather gloves, and a pair of leather shoes or wooden clogs.
Weapon changes: His axes would be replaced with a short spade and a pitch fork, as most peasants had tools equipped for working in the fields. His bow would be replaced with stones. Ullr would have a small sack of stones in one hand, and he would throw them with his other hand. He would have stones as peasants generally could not afford ranged weaponry. When the melee tools are not active the rest fastened to the back of Ullr's tunic. When the ranged tools are not active, the sack of stones is wedged between the rope supporting his tunic.

Levels 6-10: In the second set of levels, Ullr's appearance will change from a Peasant, to a Squire. His old ragged cloths transform into a full set of chainmail armor, covering everywhere above the waist, covered by a sleeveless white and red robe, which drapes down to his thighs. His legs are covered by leather pants, and high boots. His hands are equipped with leather gloves.
Weapon changes: His axes would be replaced with a small templar shield, and bastard sword. These items are the most common close range items a squire would have. His bow would be replaced with a throwing daggers. Small daggers would be kept tucked in the sides of the suit, maybe in thick pockets. When the melee weapons are not active, the rest fastened to Ullr's back. The small daggers can always be found tucked into the side of his suit.

Levels 11-15: In the third set of levels, Ullr outgrows his Squire uniform, and transforms into a Noble Knight. His appearance, as expected, mainly consists of thick metal armor covering the vast majority of his body. He will have thick metal gauntlets, and a large red and white cape.
Weapon changes: His axes would be replaced with a large sword and mace. This weapons are the most common weapons knights would be equipped with. His bow would be replaced with a large wooden crossbow. The arrows would be kept in a quiver at his side. While the melee weapons are not active, the sword would rest in a scabbard at his side (opposite of quiver), while his mace would be tied to a metal waist support. While his ranged weapon is not active, it will rest fastened to the back of his armor.

Levels 16-20: In the last set of levels, Ullr becomes a powerful Warlord. His armor thickens, and becomes spiked. His helmet changes its appearance to look more fierce. His metal guantlets gain spikes in top of the knuckles. The rest of his armor would receive the same changes. Some parts of his armor would reveal places that glow orange-yellowish.
Weapon changes: His axes would be replaced with a large battle axe, and a heavy spiked club. His bow would be replaced with a wide long bow.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Illustrations/Concept Art

Phase One: Peasant

http://imgur.com/a/koDWa

Phase Two: Squire

Phase Three: Knight

Phase Four: Warlord

No Art yet... Thank you Necromancer776 for the idea/feedback!

Feedback
It would be great to receive some feedback on my idea! This is only in a rough draft state, and I am still looking for things to add. If anyone his suggestions, or changes, I am open to that. If you decide you want to create art to go along with this, then that would be greatly appreciated, and you will receive credit. I want as much feed back as possible! Thanks so much!

Also, sorry about the grammar, I don't type well.

Necromancer776
06-07-2017, 04:31 PM
We need this.

That's all I can say.

Except I'm not sure about a king as the final stage tbh

ClownfishStudio
06-08-2017, 03:37 PM
We need this.

That's all I can say.

Except I'm not sure about a king as the final stage tbh

You are awesome! Thank you so much for the feed back. I understand that the king is a little less "war like". I was thinking about maybe making the final stage a "Warlord" instead of the king. Any ideas for that?

Necromancer776
06-08-2017, 04:22 PM
You are awesome! Thank you so much for the feed back. I understand that the king is a little less "war like". I was thinking about maybe making the final stage a "Warlord" instead of the king. Any ideas for that?

I was actually thinking the same thing. How about something like this:

http://img00.deviantart.net/e2eb/i/2011/077/9/7/warlord_by_tamplierpainter-d3bw04a.jpg

I mean...he has the same hood as regular Ullr...

ClownfishStudio
06-09-2017, 12:22 PM
I was actually thinking the same thing. How about something like this:

http://img00.deviantart.net/e2eb/i/2011/077/9/7/warlord_by_tamplierpainter-d3bw04a.jpg

I mean...he has the same hood as regular Ullr...

Alright, I uploaded some art for 3/4 of the phases.

Necromancer776
06-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Alright, I uploaded some art for 3/4 of the phases.
I'm really liking that Knight. Phase 3.

ClownfishStudio
06-09-2017, 01:05 PM
Awesome! Thanks!

Aguero188
06-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Great drawings! Love the art, love the idea! We need this skin for the game.

ClownfishStudio
06-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Great drawings! Love the art, love the idea! We need this skin for the game.

Thanks so much dude!

Papa Box1988
06-10-2017, 12:59 PM
Amazing! I love this idea

ClownfishStudio
06-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Amazing! I love this idea

Thanks!!!!!

ClownfishStudio
06-10-2017, 05:49 PM
If you have any feed back, please let me know! :)

ClownfishStudio
06-13-2017, 11:45 AM
Aight, no feed back I guess

Axthrax
06-13-2017, 08:09 PM
Damn, I actually gotta admit, this looks pretty cool, I'm a big fan of medieval periods, especially the 14th-15th century which I feel you've taken some sort of inspiration from. But I had an idea, why not replace the Knight with a Knight Errant instead, Knight errants are knights that venture out into the world to defeat evil and do righteous deeds. It's based off the grail knight mythos, whereas his last evolution would be a Grail Knight, with armor ornamentations and all as well as holy degrees adorning his armor.

Hope you liked my feedback

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?168901-T5-Skin-Ullr-quot-Nordic-Hero-s-Journey-to-Godhood-quot-resubmission-(W-artwork) This is my own idea, hope you'll take a look and give me some feedback as well, help out each other in the community a bit to make our skin concepts as good as possible

ClownfishStudio
06-13-2017, 09:26 PM
Damn, I actually gotta admit, this looks pretty cool, I'm a big fan of medieval periods, especially the 14th-15th century which I feel you've taken some sort of inspiration from. But I had an idea, why not replace the Knight with a Knight Errant instead, Knight errants are knights that venture out into the world to defeat evil and do righteous deeds. It's based off the grail knight mythos, whereas his last evolution would be a Grail Knight, with armor ornamentations and all as well as holy degrees adorning his armor.

Hope you liked my feedback

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?168762-Ullr-s-Ascension This is my own idea, hope you'll take a look and give me some feedback as well, help out each other in the community a bit to make our skin concepts as good as possible

Thank you sooooo much for the feed back! It was super helpful! I will take all of your ideas into consideration, as I alter and prepare my final concept art! Thank so much!

sixers
06-14-2017, 10:33 AM
I love the skin seems it like it could be really awesome! Two notes:

- The skin would not actually change at level 20 right? Because that would require another skin.

- I think some of the larger weapon changes may be hard to use because it may be strange to keep the hitboxes the same, and more importantly may confuse new players.

Either way thanks for the great idea, seems like you put a lot of work into making this great and I can't wait to see your final version!

ClownfishStudio
06-16-2017, 03:22 PM
I love the skin seems it like it could be really awesome! Two notes:

- The skin would not actually change at level 20 right? Because that would require another skin.

- I think some of the larger weapon changes may be hard to use because it may be strange to keep the hitboxes the same, and more importantly may confuse new players.

Either way thanks for the great idea, seems like you put a lot of work into making this great and I can't wait to see your final version!

Thanks a lot for the feed back! I'm glad people are actually giving me quality critisism!

Tensza
06-16-2017, 09:49 PM
This idea is really cool too. I like the progression - especially if you play a lot of MMORPG games. The whole "getting new armour and skills" really gives a satisfactory sense of progression and achievement.

Cryorus
06-17-2017, 06:02 AM
I realy like this idea but I have concerns about his Form when equiped with shield and sword. Ulr has a dual wielf attack chain, do you want to have him smash his shield? That would look highly unrealistic.
His whole attack chain would have to be adjusted to still fit the timing but would result in a completely different feel in this stage. May I suggest a small Hand axe like for cutting fire wood? This way the Animation Team wont have to perform a small miracle and it would still keep his standing in ranks.

I know you wanted to fit him in this theme of becoming a knight/warlord but shield+sword is mostly 1 Hand combat with ocasionaly using the shield to attack. Ullr is attacking with both hands

Necromancer776
06-17-2017, 12:18 PM
I realy like this idea but I have concerns about his Form when equiped with shield and sword. Ulr has a dual wielf attack chain, do you want to have him smash his shield? That would look highly unrealistic.
His whole attack chain would have to be adjusted to still fit the timing but would result in a completely different feel in this stage. May I suggest a small Hand axe like for cutting fire wood? This way the Animation Team wont have to perform a small miracle and it would still keep his standing in ranks.

I know you wanted to fit him in this theme of becoming a knight/warlord but shield+sword is mostly 1 Hand combat with ocasionaly using the shield to attack. Ullr is attacking with both hands
I do agree with this. A shield would be weird. However, (just my opinion), I think two swords would work better.

ClownfishStudio
06-19-2017, 08:52 AM
I do agree with this. A shield would be weird. However, (just my opinion), I think two swords would work better.

I would like to thank you for giving me so much good feedback! While it might be too late to apply the feedback, I would just like to give a big thanks to you, and everyone else who gave me feedback. I know my idea isn't going to be chosen to vote on, but 5k views? That's good enough for me! :)

Necromancer776
06-19-2017, 01:37 PM
I would like to thank you for giving me so much good feedback! While it might be too late to apply the feedback, I would just like to give a big thanks to you, and everyone else who gave me feedback. I know my idea isn't going to be chosen to vote on, but 5k views? That's good enough for me! :)
Always happy to help. Btw, you still need a concept for warlord. My idea is still out there, so if you need one, just do something like that.