PDA

View Full Version : Lich Queen Skadi (Illustraded)

WetSalad21
06-04-2017, 11:00 PM
With a distinct lack of female T5's i figured Skadi would make the best candidate (her current skins aren't exactly popular among a lot of players). This is my take on Skadi as a necromancer with a bone-hound companion in the form of Kaldr.

I've tried my best to illustrate what I envisioned when thinking of this skin, there's room for improvement needless to say however I've tried to make sure that everything would be possible with regards to Skadi's model.

Skadi's basic's remain hunter-like in that she throws her bone spears at her enemies as she throws them you hear the chattering of bones rather than the crystalline ice sounds they usually make.

- Skadi's 1st ability becomes an almost spectral flaming skull fired from her palm
- Skadi's 2nd ability allows her to send Kaldr to terrify her enemies as the giant flaming bone-hound he is
- Skadi's third ability had more room for adjustment, i thought it could be cool to have a turquoise swirling area of energy and every now and then a pale skeletal soul would come and press itself against the surface as though its made of glass stopping their escape.
- Skadi's ult is where things get interesting, Skadi would float into the air slightly , erupt in blue/greenish souls and be reborn in her lich form, her visuals update and her 3 becomes more destabilized with the souls exiting the pool and vanishing into the air around the area. but aside that most of the abilities stay the same as with Thor's Ragnarok force skin. she is reverted to her non-lich form after death.
( in case anyone needs it,for a better look at the designs i urge you to go to the following: http://dominionarts.deviantart.com/ )

-While in human form skadi's voice is a very regal powerful and deep tone
-Skadi's voicepack in her full lich form would be an almost whispered wheezing female voice with some echoing for a more spine chilling effect

(P.S Don't be afraid to comment any changes or suggestions. I'm more than happy to edit the images based off of your suggestions to make it something the community wants :D )

http://img00.deviantart.net/3b1a/i/2017/155/c/4/skadi_draft_final_copy_by_dominionarts-dbbl8c0.jpghttp://img15.deviantart.net/fe88/i/2017/155/d/c/skadi_lich_queen_transformation_by_dominionarts-dbbl8iu.jpghttp://img08.deviantart.net/37c9/i/2017/155/f/4/ability_sheet_for_skadi_t5_skin_copy_by_dominionar ts-dbbl7w9.jpg

Kaldr's upgraded form:http://img06.deviantart.net/583a/i/2017/157/e/1/kaldr_upgrade_t5_contest_by_dominionarts-dbbr1ww.jpg

1st possible edit based off of comments:

http://img07.deviantart.net/76e4/i/2017/157/7/a/kaldr_upgrade_t5_contest_version_2__edit__by_domin ionarts-dbbraf7.jpg

JoeyJett
06-04-2017, 11:47 PM
I really like this. I could see it in smite, thumbs up and nice art !

TeflonDonGabe
06-05-2017, 02:33 AM
This is by far my most favorite concept. I really hope this one is chosen, and that's coming from someone who was only interested in Medusa getting the t5.

KarmaINC
06-05-2017, 02:47 AM
Really really like it, but then it comes down to how much reference can HiRez get away with.

WetSalad21
06-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Yeah, although saying that , demonic Anubis changed his mesh pretty substantially so I'm sure this is do-able. (The skins have been designed with the base model as reference.) thanks for the feedback :D

ShadowC0w
06-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Love the concept, Skadi really needs some more skins and I think this would suit her amazingly.

NotImportantGuys
06-05-2017, 11:01 AM
Love the skin idea it's not only impressive but it would actually be the best skin skadi has and would probably make me play her. I hope you get you concept chosen over the rest

EV1L
06-05-2017, 11:11 AM
Only problem with this is similar idea with anubis skin.but looks great.

WetSalad21
06-05-2017, 11:27 AM
yeah I had that issue when coming up with the overall theme and color schemes and stuff, hopefully the more spectral/ghost side of things is enough to differentiate it :eek:

LizardQueen15
06-05-2017, 11:50 AM
This is so good! And it suits the whole goddess of ice thing. Yeah, I'd get behind this :P

MajorasVox
06-05-2017, 12:05 PM
Yeah, this would be awesome. Skadi needs some love... The doge skins was... eh.

ArndKP
06-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Me like. 1 2 3 4 5 6

GongsunYiru
06-06-2017, 12:48 AM
That looks amazing.

Nazregoth
06-06-2017, 06:36 AM
I like this concept. I have a suggestion. Kaldr should change shape , the more gods are killed . he gains more bones/meat. up to 2-4 forms. at check points of gods killed by the team.

WetSalad21
06-06-2017, 07:58 AM
that sounds really cool actually , il work on some sketches for it and post it up soon :)

Getsuga7ensh0u
06-06-2017, 08:14 AM
Love the skin, Kaldr could use a few different stages as well. Maybe reference Arthras stead, Invincible, for this.
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Invincible

ninjxs
06-06-2017, 09:44 AM
nice kel thuzad but in smite i like it

WetSalad21
06-06-2017, 10:08 AM
Love the skin, Kaldr could use a few different stages as well. Maybe reference Arthras stead, Invincible, for this.
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Invincible

Just finished ;) this kind of what you had in mind?

Getsuga7ensh0u
06-06-2017, 10:22 AM
The armour and fur trim is nice and so are the teeth. I really like it, still a little bit of flesh might add a bit. Like an eye or half of a leg.
I cant get the image out of my mind now of that Skadi with an undead wolf next to her, missing flesh on the paws, ribs are mostly bare, snout and nosebone are bare while the rest of the head (-1 ear) still has flesh with glazed white eyes.
This is great its just my mind that doesnt want anything but that atm. (thanks Invincible, WoWs most iconic mount xD)

WetSalad21
06-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the quick response! I'll try experimenting with a bit more flesh, i did originally have the eyes just white and glazed but the glow felt like it was needed just for the sake of connecting it to skadi's model, I'll post up the glazed version in a bit with the fur , might make some parts of the armour glow instead?

Getsuga7ensh0u
06-06-2017, 10:44 AM
No, thank you for listening so quickly. But Im not the only person active in this post though.
The metallic reflection / glow on the armour and shackles would work to replace the glow and the flesh / fur would make the glazed eyes more visible by themselves.
For the face I was thinking something like this.
Ark Zombie Wyvern head (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/tYbNQ7oudtE/maxresdefault.jpg)
Still up to you but the bare jawbones and nosebone just seems appealing for a zombie hound as well.

WetSalad21
06-06-2017, 11:28 AM
http://img07.deviantart.net/76e4/i/2017/157/7/a/kaldr_upgrade_t5_contest_version_2__edit__by_domin ionarts-dbbraf7.jpg

Is this more what you had in mind? (also i know other people are posting here also but you're the first to give me change ideas)

(also I work stupidly fast so consistant updates arent really an issue here :P)

Getsuga7ensh0u
06-06-2017, 11:40 AM
To use an image I saw before :
http://www.generadormemes.com/media/created/c6jln75chgurkgytk75se2kl40ue8lpbthygg3eqz1sgt3ucnj 7ekwoe6ljtk6n.jpg

I'd happily pay full t5 Odyssey price for that dog alone yes :D

WetSalad21
06-06-2017, 11:44 AM
XD you just made my day. Glad i could help, now we just gotta hope this gets put through the finals.

Chroniic-_-KiNg
06-06-2017, 01:38 PM
This skin is amazing !!! I would definitely buy, souls flying around you is awesome , the skin will scare smite players away and will make you feel powerful. Isnt that what hirez wants? Maybe have kaldr go from a decaying dog to the bone one? But Hirez needs to take this idea lol, i cant stop looking at it tbh, great artwork and id be VERY disappointed if this idea doesn't go up for the T5 skin, ive showed all my friends and they agree, thats 45 people who play smite that love this concept! Also its not the same as Anubis, a lich is a different form of evil then a demon, in skadi's story she could want more power so she could get into lich spells to grant her immortality to insure she rules the battlefield, last year for each purchase there was lore that went along with it, well put the gods in there that are already apart of skadi's lore and explain why skadi turned to evil, hirez could definitely make us feel skadi's pain and help us understand skadi's drastic change. Maybe Kaldr died? And she had to bring him back? Now the power of the Lich consumed her? Idk just ideas, GREAT concept and kudos to the artwork and idea!!

WetSalad21
06-06-2017, 02:55 PM
I'm glad you enjoy it :) I like the backstory also, suits it nicely.

Chroniic-_-KiNg
06-07-2017, 05:21 AM
Also i was thinking, once you alt souls come down from the ground and grab the targeted god(s) And the map (Backround) fills with souls rising, filling the whole sky. And everytime you kill a god you see the soul of that god rise out and the lich queen skadi consumes it and have a special voicepack, so she says things everytime a soul is consumed like "Your soul is mine!" or a hellish screech that everyone can hear on the map? Also add a corpse(Piled icy skeleton) On a enemy gods death spot (That the enemy can destroy) for a scary reminder that the lich queen just consumed another soul and is thirsty for more. I was also thinking of a free emote to come with the skin (Besides the sky one) But she floats in the air (As high as thors special emote) and twirling with souls around her and she lets out a horrific scream, also during this animation you hear the screams of souls of people screaming (Couldnt sleep and this skin concept has me hype af)

Getsuga7ensh0u
06-07-2017, 07:29 AM
I'd keep Kaldr like this for progression sake, he evolves to look more badass.
Also you can see it like this, Skadi dug up the bones of Kaldr in an attempt to reanimate him. She succeeded in reviving his bones but requires more power and more souls for Kaldr to re-awaken as the wolf he was. Like each stage he gains a bit of flesh and those shackles. Just to symbolize all Skadis attempts to reanimate him and give him his flesh back.
Idk if thats a good way to put it but oh well, still would throw my money at the screen to get that Kaldr alone xD
This skin really has to be of the picks, the rest is just all the same magical girl skins or demonic / angelic skins, Medusa cursed (going both ways), or dragon Ullr or medieval Hou Yi :/

WetSalad21
06-07-2017, 08:40 AM
@Chroniic-_-KiNg had an idea , why not have her global emote be a huge pillar of souls (focused on where skadi is on the map at that given time) that towers into the sky creating a storm cloud, makes it unique from Anubis's. i do like your idea though :D , hope Hi-rez read the comments cause you guys come up with some great ideas.

Getsuga7ensh0u
06-07-2017, 09:11 AM
I'm not saying I dissagree with Chroniic-_-KiNg, his idea for the emote and the lore is well-made. I'm just saying t5's usual look bigger and better on progression. He has a point with the flesh on Kaldr, but it looks better for the high level than the skeleton Kaldr. Also the icey corpse thing probably won't get added in, it would take lazy Hirez too much effort to give Skadi essentially Medusa's ult effect.
Still the final call is up to Hirez themselves, so we'll see.

Chroniic-_-KiNg
06-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Yeah the icey corpse(bones) Would be exactly like medusas alt Exept you cant bounce spells (Like Medusa's 2, cant give a god extra ability's) xD but i love all the ideas tbh but its up to hirez i mssged hirezsavvy about this concept so fingures crossed, i might try to make a video with a link to this thread page idk if im going to yet but ill let u know lol. (Thats how bad i want this freaking skin to win) Lol

ClownfishStudio
06-07-2017, 01:11 PM
I love your idea, and your art is amazing! Yet, I would like to see a more colorful skin as skins which lack color give a boring vibe (not saying yours does). Anyways, great idea! I hope to see more develop from your idea.

WetSalad21
06-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Thanks for commenting , believe it or not this skin was originally bright purple till i realized it looked exactly like Hel's dark form XD had to wash the colors out to give it the correct mood and differentiation

nessalynn
06-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Illustraded ._. im sorry but i can't take you seriously now. Illustrated ..... is the word you were looking for.

WetSalad21
06-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Illustraded ._. im sorry but i can't take you seriously now. Illustrated ..... is the word you were looking for.

cut me some slack XD i did this at 3am after a full day of work it wont let me change it so its kinda stuck like that :P

flintnoggle
06-07-2017, 08:49 PM
Looks nice

Chroniic-_-KiNg
06-08-2017, 01:00 AM
Lets hope we see your skin in finals!! Im excited man

HelloItsaMe
06-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Wow. This looks amazing!

WetSalad21
06-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Lets hope we see your skin in finals!! Im excited man

Thanks man , yeah I hope sooo, winning it would be awesome but I'll be happy if i just get there :D
hopefully this skin is something the community wants.

WetSalad21
06-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Thanks :D these are just sketches but if it gets through i know hi -rez will make it look even better in their edit.

Kitten Of Dooom
06-08-2017, 02:44 PM
This is such a cool idea, I love skadi and this concept fits so well with her!

WastedKarma
06-08-2017, 04:15 PM
If this doesn't win it, they could still make a really dope T4 skin from it

Necromancer776
06-08-2017, 04:24 PM
I really want an Ullr skin to win...but dang this is good.

Reeper
06-08-2017, 04:33 PM
I really enjoy this concept and the transformation going of the use of her Ult is really cool. I am wondering though if this only has 2 versions (and therefore only the one transformation). I feel like that would be a waste of potentential. I would totally go with

NovelOrince
06-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Good idea... But this is too similar to anubis demonic pact... People aren't going to want another demonic looking skin after we just got one last year.

Kaleyn
06-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Hey! In love with this skin. Have a question, which software do you use to do those illustations? thx!

WetSalad21
06-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Hey! In love with this skin. Have a question, which software do you use to do those illustations? thx!

Thanks :D i use photoshop (i have the Cs2 version which is outdated as hell but yeah) think its on Cs6 now

WetSalad21
06-08-2017, 07:04 PM
Good idea... But this is too similar to anubis demonic pact... People aren't going to want another demonic looking skin after we just got one last year.

ya never know , we got a mech ( ragna force), angel (archon) and a demon (noobis) so far. besides this is more an ice lich kinda thing but i can definitely see where you're coming from , guess its down to you guys's votes if this gets through :P

WetSalad21
06-08-2017, 07:06 PM
I really enjoy this concept and the transformation going of the use of her Ult is really cool. I am wondering though if this only has 2 versions (and therefore only the one transformation). I feel like that would be a waste of potentential. I would totally go with

I figured since we've had 2 5 stage-ers in a row one more similar to Thor's would be more worthwhile :P

OGBubbleBlower
06-08-2017, 09:45 PM
How do I like a thread? Like the numbers to the side of the thread title.

WetSalad21
06-08-2017, 09:50 PM
How do I like a thread? Like the numbers to the side of the thread title.

Im not sure which numbers you mean? theres views (people who have seen the thread), comments (self explanatory) and then the number of pages of comments but thats all the numbers i can think of?

Zarevak
06-09-2017, 08:14 AM
This is by far, hands-down, the best Odyssey 2018 skin concept. There is only one thing that bothers me though, her lich form doesn't need to turn her into an old hag (or a corpse). Why not leave her human appearance and just put some kind of spirit aura around her, or better yet, leave her human appearance but make it look spirit-like (spectral). Everything else is fantastic. I can even see this concept as lore friendly, or building up on her original lore. This continuation of her lore may perhaps be something like this: Skadi (the goddess of winter), seeing that winter isn't exactly one of the favored things among most people (and gods), wanted to expand her influence and power. Thus she began dabbling into dark arts (mainly necromancy) which granted her immense power, but she made quite a few enemies, though her greatest enemy might be Hel, the goddess of the dead and the underworld, who wouldn't approve of Skadi's nefarious experiments with people and her attempts to build a massive undead army. I would most certainly like to see your skin concept in Smite (and I would of course do my best to get that skin).

WetSalad21
06-09-2017, 10:21 AM
This is by far, hands-down, the best Odyssey 2018 skin concept. There is only one thing that bothers me though, her lich form doesn't need to turn her into an old hag (or a corpse). Why not leave her human appearance and just put some kind of spirit aura around her, or better yet, leave her human appearance but make it look spirit-like (spectral). Everything else is fantastic. I can even see this concept as lore friendly, or building up on her original lore. This continuation of her lore may perhaps be something like this: Skadi (the goddess of winter), seeing that winter isn't exactly one of the favored things among most people (and gods), wanted to expand her influence and power. Thus she began dabbling into dark arts (mainly necromancy) which granted her immense power, but she made quite a few enemies, though her greatest enemy might be Hel, the goddess of the dead and the underworld, who wouldn't approve of Skadi's nefarious experiments with people and her attempts to build a massive undead army. I would most certainly like to see your skin concept in Smite (and I would of course do my best to get that skin).

Thanks man, I experimented with using a normal human in the initial design process and it just didn't look anywhere near as cool, i feel the whole hag/undeadish side of things would just make you feel more powerful when you play with it but thanks for the heads up , il try a couple more with a human form , don't know if i'll post them though :P

ProteusMaxumus322
06-09-2017, 11:16 AM
I'm thinking this might be too cliché for it to make any headway. I like the concept, but if it came down to it on a vote I don't think people would go for this model. As others have said I think it's too similar to demonic pact.

Zarevak
06-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Thanks man, I experimented with using a normal human in the initial design process and it just didn't look anywhere near as cool, i feel the whole hag/undeadish side of things would just make you feel more powerful when you play with it but thanks for the heads up , il try a couple more with a human form , don't know if i'll post them though :P

Well it's your concept, you're free to do with it whatever you want, but I would highly encourage you to make a (ghostly) spectral version of her human appearance for the ult and add some effects like blue fire, smoke, dust, souls etc. Here's a rough example of such an appearance without the effects: http://feliciacano.deviantart.com/art/Haunt-100766648 . Actually, I've got quite a bit of skill in Photoshop (note that I wouldn't do this if I didn't really want this to win) so here, a quick edit of your work:
http://i.imgur.com/7omJx14.jpg

So what do you say?

Millertoolsftw
06-09-2017, 03:24 PM
Not going to lie, I don't like this concept. Yeah your artwork looks great, but is it reasonable in game? If it's voted in, fine... But if this is the skin that's chosen count me out of buying this year's odyssey. Not to mention skadi is such a newer God than Hou yi and Ullr. She's overplayed and too easy to use. Don't think she deserves the t5 this year to begin with.

WetSalad21
06-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Well it's your concept, you're free to do with it whatever you want, but I would highly encourage you to make a (ghostly) spectral version of her human appearance for the ult and add some effects like blue fire, smoke, dust, souls etc. Here's a rough example of such an appearance without the effects: http://feliciacano.deviantart.com/art/Haunt-100766648 . Actually, I've got quite a bit of skill in Photoshop (note that I wouldn't do this if I didn't really want this to win) so here, a quick edit of your work:
http://i.imgur.com/7omJx14.jpg

So what do you say?

It has its charms but theres a very distinct lack of colour variety, would make it hard to differentiate between textures in the game. Also most of the T5's quite dramatically change the mesh and this doesnt seem like it would be much other than a texture shift but i dont know , ultimately its down to hi-rez and i do believe they read through the comments so theres a good chace they will see this :) gimme till tomorrow and il post up an edit in the comments n see what u think? (may take longer than i expect)

WetSalad21
06-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Not going to lie, I don't like this concept. Yeah your artwork looks great, but is it reasonable in game? If it's voted in, fine... But if this is the skin that's chosen count me out of buying this year's odyssey. Not to mention skadi is such a newer God than Hou yi and Ullr. She's overplayed and too easy to use. Don't think she deserves the t5 this year to begin with.

To answer all your points in one comment:

A: When designing this i overlayed the reference images (they all fit and the props ive given her overlay her existing ones)
B: Skadi is barely one year older than hou yi im not sure release date comes into the final choice
C: Hou Yi and Ullr are both male (we've had 3 males in a row)
D: Post nerf skadi is actually harder to play than hou yi since she does less reliable damage

End of the day youre free to feel how you want but just some points to consider , thanks about the artwork though :P

Zeta000
06-10-2017, 12:30 AM
Don't get me wrong it's a nice concept and i like it but theme-wise shouldn't be the reverse?
I mean a lich that die an be reverted to human form isn't a bit of a contradiction? Expecially when the opposite can be very true?

Ok, sorry, maybe i'm just overthinking but I just thought that this was funny and wanted to share my opinion :)

WetSalad21
06-10-2017, 08:09 AM
Don't get me wrong it's a nice concept and i like it but theme-wise shouldn't be the reverse?
I mean a lich that die an be reverted to human form isn't a bit of a contradiction? Expecially when the opposite can be very true?

Ok, sorry, maybe i'm just overthinking but I just thought that this was funny and wanted to share my opinion :)

Ahah I see what you mean and logically that makes a lot of sense but I mean , would you buy a T5 that turns you back rather than forwards :P would be kinda dull

Heyzoos
06-10-2017, 12:36 PM
I'm gonna be honest I really really don't want this to win. This is not a t5 skin it's a t4 skin in my opinion. The only reason I feel it's getting this much attention is because it's the only one that has decent art for it ATM. The t5 skin should have more evolutions then just one when your ulting.

Camiin
06-10-2017, 12:54 PM
This is a dope concept, I would be totally ok if this won

WetSalad21
06-10-2017, 02:54 PM
I'm gonna be honest I really really don't want this to win. This is not a t5 skin it's a t4 skin in my opinion. The only reason I feel it's getting this much attention is because it's the only one that has decent art for it ATM. The t5 skin should have more evolutions then just one when your ulting.

Thor, ragnarok force X.... only the last T5's have had multiple stages

Heyzoos
06-10-2017, 03:16 PM
Thor, ragnarok force X.... only the last T5's have had multiple stages
Yes, im aware that this skin exists thank you. Ragnarok is the worst "t5" skin in the game, and even it has more detail and change than this skadi concept. As I said i believe this skin should be in the game but shouldnt take the place of a t5, as i believe it is only good enough to qualify as a t4. All t5 skins should change as much and be as good as the anubis and thanatos ones.

WetSalad21
06-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Yes, im aware that this skin exists thank you. Ragnarok is the worst "t5" skin in the game, and even it has more detail and change than this skadi concept. As I said i believe this skin should be in the game but shouldnt take the place of a t5, as i believe it is only good enough to qualify as a t4. All t5 skins should change as much and be as good as the anubis and thanatos ones.

T4 skins aren't allowed to change the model too substantially due to costing issues with the models, T5's are allowed to change models/ animations etc etc to a more visual degree . also most people I've met really like the Thor skin so im going to consider what you've said an opinion more so than a fact (also the account resale value (although selling it is against smite terms of service people still do it) of accounts with rag force is easily triple that of those with Archon so that really speaks for itself. The fact that this skin design changes her model to float, edits her lower and upper body proportions and animation sets would mean this skin would only be viable for a T5 skin.
End of the day there are skins on this forum i think are more deserving than this one anyways but everyone is entitled to their opinions :)

(oh also side note , this is a concept , the reason those skins have more detail is because the concept artists over at smite who brush up these concepts are amazing at what they do, you're voting on the idea , not the drawings)

Heyzoos
06-10-2017, 08:05 PM
T4 skins aren't allowed to change the model too substantially due to costing issues with the models, T5's are allowed to change models/ animations etc etc to a more visual degree . also most people I've met really like the Thor skin so im going to consider what you've said an opinion more so than a fact (also the account resale value (although selling it is against smite terms of service people still do it) of accounts with rag force is easily triple that of those with Archon so that really speaks for itself. The fact that this skin design changes her model to float, edits her lower and upper body proportions and animation sets would mean this skin would only be viable for a T5 skin.
End of the day there are skins on this forum i think are more deserving than this one anyways but everyone is entitled to their opinions :)

(oh also side note , this is a concept , the reason those skins have more detail is because the concept artists over at smite who brush up these concepts are amazing at what they do, you're voting on the idea , not the drawings)

So the old wa skin is a t5? becuase this skin is basically the same thing. Also, Ragnarok is no where near a higher value skin than archon which goes for 1000 dollars at donation events.

WetSalad21
06-10-2017, 08:12 PM
the Old wa skin literally just edits her legs into a tail, that kind of thing literally costs Hi-rez spare change in comparison to T5's so no its not a T5. as for the pricing you're gonna need to get your facts straight , the highest asking price for Archon is £250 for the real deal, anything more is usually a con as for Ragnarok force the starting price is £800. Anyways, there's no use arguing since Hi-rez judges which skins get chosen anyways XD whichever skins deserves to win will inevitably win and I'm okay with that , its not a popularity contest. have a nice evening ( or day idk where youre from :P )

Chroniic-_-KiNg
06-11-2017, 04:16 AM
Okay ive read the comments, most of you loved the skin, BUT a few diehard ullr and hou yi fans wont let up -_- first of all this is nothing like the pact anubis, read your lore people!! Were all nerds here lol a demon and a lich are COMPLETELY diffrent oh and ullr AND Hou yi both have BADDASS limited skins, what does skadi have? A EXCLUSIVE meme skin... Cmon now...The last 456544456788886 T5 skins have been male, unless you guys like males more then females (Not judging) Lol all jokes aside this skin concept is amazing and it needs tweaks and fixes but hi Hirez could do AMAZING things with this concept, shit i know its only 2 stages but you never know Hirez may add 4 stages in all, all im saying is 90% of people love the concept, give it a chance, if 90% of the community loves the skin that tells you something. Srry salad i just got back from vacation but like i said 2 pages ago this WILL make the finals and me and my clan and all my RL friends are behind this skin 100 percent, you have our vote!!!

#SkadiT5LichQueen

WetSalad21
06-11-2017, 07:27 AM
Okay ive read the comments, most of you loved the skin, BUT a few diehard ullr and hou yi fans wont let up -_- first of all this is nothing like the pact anubis, read your lore people!! Were all nerds here lol a demon and a lich are COMPLETELY diffrent oh and ullr AND Hou yi both have BADDASS limited skins, what does skadi have? A EXCLUSIVE meme skin... Cmon now...The last 456544456788886 T5 skins have been male, unless you guys like males more then females (Not judging) Lol all jokes aside this skin concept is amazing and it needs tweaks and fixes but hi Hirez could do AMAZING things with this concept, shit i know its only 2 stages but you never know Hirez may add 4 stages in all, all im saying is 90% of people love the concept, give it a chance, if 90% of the community loves the skin that tells you something. Srry salad i just got back from vacation but like i said 2 pages ago this WILL make the finals and me and my clan and all my RL friends are behind this skin 100 percent, you have our vote!!!

#SkadiT5LichQueen

Thanks man , means a lot :) ahah sometimes it feels like people forget this is a community contest, seems they're quicker to knock a concept than suggest improvements. All things aside thanks for the support and if this does make it to the finals as you've said Hi-rez tend to do a great job of polishing these things up. Hope you had a good holiday man :cool:

#SkadiT5LichQueen

XIIVIUXXX
06-11-2017, 12:36 PM
I agree completely, Most people hate T5 Ragnarok that I know of, It does NOT compare with Archon or Demonic Pact, its pretty lackluster compared to the others. Whilst your concept is pretty good, I dont think it has the potential to evolve enough and become badass. I think it would be probably the best T4 skin but the lacking of evolution doesn't sell it as a T5 skin for me

XIIVIUXXX
06-11-2017, 12:36 PM
I do believe it should be in the finals though, the concept is unlike any others for Skadi I have seen.

Chroniic-_-KiNg
06-12-2017, 03:49 AM
Replying to move thread up on submitting list xD

Raghul
06-12-2017, 04:42 AM
this is one cool skadi skin i hope this gets selected bro

WetSalad21
06-12-2017, 11:06 AM
this is one cool skadi skin i hope this gets selected bro

Thanks man :) appreciate the support

Najh98
06-12-2017, 11:49 AM
I like it, but I'm so tired of demonic/scary skins. I wish there'd be something new.

WetSalad21
06-12-2017, 12:33 PM
I like it, but I'm so tired of demonic/scary skins. I wish there'd be something new.

There's been like 1?

Raghul
06-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Najh98 well not everyone is tired of supernatural skins (Dude be serious you are playing a supernatural game smite) !!! im big fan of supernatural skins and they are worth our pay ..... well if u have any other ideas for a transformation t5 skin then why not post a new thread rather than discouraging this guys awesome creativity.

Tawoo
06-12-2017, 03:37 PM
Being a skadi main makes me hype for this. I think there should be a different distinction with kaldr being see through. Like bones when not attacking and a hell hound when attacking. The soul pool would look awesome if it had like a ripple or if hands dragged them across. The 1 one would put me to tears every time I throw it, it chatters and laughs. Love ult idea above all although I like the progressive t5 more than the ult transform but if the skin look dope I wouldn't complain about it.

WetSalad21
06-14-2017, 12:46 PM
Being a skadi main makes me hype for this. I think there should be a different distinction with kaldr being see through. Like bones when not attacking and a hell hound when attacking. The soul pool would look awesome if it had like a ripple or if hands dragged them across. The 1 one would put me to tears every time I throw it, it chatters and laughs. Love ult idea above all although I like the progressive t5 more than the ult transform but if the skin look dope I wouldn't complain about it.

Ahah thank you! I'm glad this skin is pleasing so many Skadi players :D

Raghul
06-14-2017, 01:29 PM
Hirez please nerf WetSalad21 bro ...... he he he ;)

WetSalad21
06-14-2017, 06:03 PM
Hirez please nerf WetSalad21 bro ...... he he he ;)

they havent nerfed loki since beta, i shall live forever

KarmaINC
06-18-2017, 01:19 PM
Need this so badly to go into selection :)

Zarevak
06-19-2017, 01:57 PM
WetSalad21 so did you come up with some new ideas for the appearance of the skin concept? There was one thing I forgot to mention, when I said that perhaps the ultimate appearance should change, I didn't mean that it should change completely. It should stay in the lich form, but the skin and the face should stay human and the whole figure should turn spectral (like a ghost). So she would still float in air and have this kind of necrotic aura and her figure would be that of a lich but not with corpse skin and face. I think that's worth considering. What do you say about this idea now?

WetSalad21
06-19-2017, 09:22 PM
WetSalad21 so did you come up with some new ideas for the appearance of the skin concept? There was one thing I forgot to mention, when I said that perhaps the ultimate appearance should change, I didn't mean that it should change completely. It should stay in the lich form, but the skin and the face should stay human and the whole figure should turn spectral (like a ghost). So she would still float in air and have this kind of necrotic aura and her figure would be that of a lich but not with corpse skin and face. I think that's worth considering. What do you say about this idea now?

I did try it , it just didnt suit the themes i was going for , it looked too elegant and also i had some issues , i showed it to a bunch of freinds who all play, all of them said it looked like Hel so i think overall itl have to stay like this unless Hi-rez want to edit anything themselves. since its already the 20th the skins are already being reviewed :)

XXX Sad Panda
06-19-2017, 11:54 PM
IM SO HAPPY YOU FIXED IT, it killed me to see that

Chroniic-_-KiNg
07-11-2017, 04:48 PM
I still think this concept is right for t5

MrJDC77
08-09-2017, 05:43 AM
they havent nerfed loki since beta, i shall live forever

Loki's only OP if you try to go at him 1 v 1. Hi-Rez focuses on Conquest for balance so they make changes based on the laning phase, jungling and late game team fights. Solo Loki is so far the only kind that could be viable though Hi-Rez can all too easily nerf him out completely.

MrJDC77
08-09-2017, 05:45 AM
the Old wa skin literally just edits her legs into a tail, that kind of thing literally costs Hi-rez spare change in comparison to T5's so no its not a T5. as for the pricing you're gonna need to get your facts straight , the highest asking price for Archon is £250 for the real deal, anything more is usually a con as for Ragnarok force the starting price is £800. Anyways, there's no use arguing since Hi-rez judges which skins get chosen anyways XD whichever skins deserves to win will inevitably win and I'm okay with that , its not a popularity contest. have a nice evening ( or day idk where youre from :P )
Wouldn't the Old Wa skin be T4.5? I do remember Hinduman mentioning it when they talked about bringing it back for the last Odyssey iiirc.