PDA

View Full Version : Ullr Tier 5 Concept (Symbiotic Ullr)

Th3scarfath3r
06-04-2017, 08:33 PM
Ok, let me start by saying: I AM A HORRIBLE ARTIST. I WOULDN'T EVEN CONSIDER MYSELF AN ARTIST. I NORMALLY DRAW STICK FIGURES. AND STICK ANIMALS. LITERALLY A COW WOULD LOOK LIKE A SWING SET WITH A HEAD. ALL THE CONCEPTS WERE LITERALLY DONE IN PAINT ON COMPUTER. THIS IS NOT PHOTOSHOPPED MATERIAL. If anyone can help make this look on parts with other skin concepts please? If not, then we will really see if this isn't just a "drawing contest"

Now that that's out of the way I'll proceed.

Symbiotic Ullr is a concept I had been thinking about for quite some time now. I think it could work, my drawings (as horrible as they are) hopefully will demonstrate what I'm trying to get across for his abilities, his character model, and any special effects. If not, thankfully I can try to describe them here along with the skins backstory and potential voicelines, etc. I have uploaded them all into one album rather than individually, so I feel the best way to get a grasp of the concept would be to have this reddit thread open next to the album of the skin concept. Many of my ideas are open to interpretation and changes. More than anything, I'd like this to be the groundwork for something better in the future that can be improved upon. Changes could be made for any obvious trademark/copyright issues. But I think it could be suppressed enough that it wouldn't have to be changed. As long as Venom/Carnage aren't referenced, and especially if he doesn't use webbing. This skin concept uses ideas from the game prototype, the game The Darkness, and also Marvel's Venom and Carnage.

Moving on.

Album with shitty drawn concepts https://imgur.com/a/PaNBQ

Symbiotic Ullr starts off as a Futuristic space engineer(or miner/Explorer). This doesn't really matter. What matters is he is from space and has brought back (unknowingly) an alien virus/lifeform(symbiote) with him. Ullr pays respectful tribute to glory in all of its forms, and this will, in turn, change his form entirely!!

Stage descriptions

Stage1

In his first stage Ullr is in his space suit, he has a power supply on his back that supplies power to his gear. He has a globular helmet. He has two arc welders in place of his axes, and a laser rifle in place of his bow. During this stage, the symbiote is constantly pressuring him (almost like a conscience) to give him control. You can see the symbiote moving around in his suit (bulging in areas where it moves) and sometimes appearing in his globular (open view) helmet. This can lead to alot of character voicelines that are funny and creepy at times.

"Hey don't touch me there!" Ullr to symbiote "Give me control, you know you want to!" Symbiote to Ullr.

I'd imagine the symbiote voice similar to The Darkness (Video Game).

Abilities

Ullr swings his arc welders around in place of his axe. He shoots from his rifle instead of his bow. Both items have a clear connection to the power supply on his back (important for stage progression).

His 1 (Bladed arrow) is a charged wave-like blast from his gun. (thrown axe) changes to a stun grenade that is thrown and shocks the enemy for the duration of the stun.

His 2 (Expose weakness/invigorate) He diverts power to his thrusters on his boots to increase movement speed and hovers instead of walking. Then in ranged form, he changes the setting on his blaster and takes more power from it (changes colors or something too) to buff his physical power.

His 3 (Hail of arrows/Glory bound) (melee) He rockets into the air and sweeps the area with with his arc welders. (ranged) he fires a plasma ball of energy at the target area into the air.

Interactions

During this stage the symbiote and ullr do not talk simultaneously, it'd be more of a conflicted voice similar to hel's basic skin where they talk one after the other.

The vgs would be an echo of ullr voice and the symbiote voice, showing that they are separated in form and function.

"Attack middle lane!" Ullr, then right after echoes the symbiote with the same voice.

The symbiote is constantly telling ullr to let him in. During this stage "give up! You know you need my strength!" (and other voicelines of conflict)

Stage2

When Ullr reaches the level needed for the next stage he finally gives the symbiote permission to give him a little power.

"Fine. But don't think this is permanent." Ullr. "Oh don't worry I'll only stay for a bit (evil laugh)." symbiote

During transformation, the symbiote breaks out of ullrs headglobe (is that even a word?) he moves to ullrs power supply on his back and embeds himself inside it and on top of it. He then shoots tendrils out along the surface of ullrs body, wrapping up his arms, legs, torso and partially around the destroyed helmet. Ullrs face becomes enraged and angry with hate.

Abilities

All of his abilities generally work the same as they did in the 1st form, however they are charged up and look more intense because of the symbiote feeding his energy supply more power.

Interactions

In this state, the symbiote is assisting ullrs movements and sometimes forcing his movements otherwise, similar to that of an exoskeleton or exosuit. The symbiote is trying to show ullr that he can only make him stronger. Voicelines can be based off of that:

"Hey I don't want to walk this way!" ullr "You didn't kill them, I did it for you!" symbiote

Vgs is similar as before but ullrs voice has become enraged and deeper. The symbiote has him in his grasp, he just doesn't know it yet.

Stage3

I apologize for the drawing looking like a manbear. I didn't feel like trying to redraw it.

In this stage, ullr allows the symbiote to take even more control.

"I can show you you're true potential! Give me MORE!" Symbiote

The symbiote rips apart the space suit and now is completely covering ullrs body except for his head. He is muscular, slimy, and looks terrifying.

His arc welders are replaced by razor sharp claws, and his rifle is replaced by a tendrils whips (not visible unless in ranged form) he attacks with both whips alternatively from each arm (to assist with attack speed animations)

Abilities

Bladed arrow- Ullr extends one of his tendrils out and rips it back Thrown axe- ullr throws a piece of the symbiote out, it constricts the victim (similar to a anubis wraps)

Expose weakness (invigorate) Melee-ullr extends his claws out when physical power is buffed. His tendrils whips appear with spikes around them (these indicate the physical power buff) Ranged- when movement speed is activated his legs change to a Symbiotic fluid that moves around (similar to he bo's "legs") this indicates movement speed.

Hail of arrows- (could be used either of these ways) ullr leans forward and shoots a tendrils out of his back, hitting the desired area. Or (my favorite) leans back with out stretched arms and shoots one from his chest. Glory bound he would become semi liquid and jump to target dealing damage and splash out and retake form again.

Interactions

Ullrs voice is completely in sync with the symbiote, ullrs voice is rugged but yet sounds like he's fading from existence as the symbiote takes more and more from him. They both speak together in any and every occurrence. They no longer conflict with one another. They are (almost) one being.

Stage4

Ullr doesn't have any say in the matter, the symbiote has already taken too much of him for ullr to even try and resist.

"Now, to show you our true power!!"

The symbiote takes over ullrs entire mind and the rest of his face. This form is similar to that of the third form but it is MUCH larger. He basically took super symbiote steroids, his muscles are bulging with veins. His back now has tendrils that flail about wriggling and waving with all of his movements. His claws have grown immensely both in length and width. His tendrils whips are larger and make a deeper whipping sound when attacking. His face... I don't know what his face would be without absolutely ripping off venom, I just drew it like that as a place holder I guess. If it can be done without copyright infringement, please hirez do it lol.

Abilities

All of his abilities are essentially the same as his previous stage but are more evil and sinister looking. (again, thus can change, I'm just trying to lay the groundwork)

Interactions

Ullrs voice is no longer there. Ullr does not exist. He is completely symbiote. The symbiote takes all voicelines from here on, but is much deeper than before, he has full control and power now, and he can't be stopped.

Welp. That's just about it. The drawing didn't take me long, but again, the drawing is horrible (I actually think the 4th stage turned out great IMO). Please let me know what you guys think. Please leave any comments/questions or any ideas you can add on top of it. And if anyone would be willing to actually make GOOD concepts of this, please have at it.

Getsuga7ensh0u
06-05-2017, 04:26 AM
I really like your idea but have a few remarks.
1 His spacesuit could look like in Alien Covenant, bodytight with a semi-spherical helmet and power/oxygen pack on his back. That would help visibility of the symbiote.
2 In stage 3 you could replace the whips with a projectile coming from his hand (like the webshots from symbiotes)
3 It wont make the cut due to all the symbiotes they have to avoid. There are 15 in DC only, most important ones are Vemon/Carnage/Toxin/Anti-Venom and the two triplets with their fusions.

TH3xSCARFATH3R
06-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Thanks for your reply and support! I definitely agree on a tighter fitting space suit, rather than a clunky nasa suit for sure. But yes the helmet definitely has to stay to assist with symbiote movements.

Id be ok with maybe like a hardened shard of Symbiotic material for the ranged attacks, but, as you said in your third statement that'd definitely be a no no. I'm trying to get a mix of prototype/darkness/symbiote as to not completely rip off one or the other.

Also hopefully I can have some updated (improved concept art) I'm hoping a few people I've contacted can help out and make it look cleaner. If it doesn't happen I'll just have to try and do it myself. I'm just not any good

Also... For some reason when I logged back in it said I had to change my name because it was already taken? It's me already!! Idk.. I emailed the webmaster but haven't heard anything back yet... I hope I don't have to change my name every time I want to post something :(

Getsuga7ensh0u
06-06-2017, 01:37 AM
Haven't had that one, but I see alot of people having trouble logging in. Myself included, also too bad Toxin is taken cause that would be an ideal form. I'm debating whether to use tentacle-whips or crystallized spikes in his hands for ranged attacks. But Hirez still has the final call on this.
BTW Toxin is Carnage's offspring is more solid with thicker tentacles and he's a mix of black and red. Could use a small colorshift to indicate the forms. Love the idea but still feel its too much to work around.

XxTH3SCARFATH3RxX
06-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Ok well yet AGAIN the system told me I had to change names. So I guess EVERY time I want to reply to my own thread I have to change names. Still have yet to hear anything back from the webmaster.

Anyways, I feel tentacle whips would be the way to go. It'd make him (and his skin) unique as a hunter,wherein he's attacking from range but its not a shot projectile. Also, again with the wedding, that's closer to venom/carnage than it would need to be. Prototype uses tendrils to attack and the claws are essentially from that as well, as far as size would go. This skin would be inspired by "the darkness" for the voice of the symbiote, "prototype" for the use of ullrs stage 3 and 4 weapons, and "venom/carnage" for the overall appearance and movement of his 3rd and 4th stages. Honestly it'd probably look great if it was a combination of red and black like carnage, but Id leave that up to others to decide. The form and function is what I'm trying to get across and it's looking like more and more people are taking interest.

Also I have a friend who will help with better concept artwork, so hopefully that can be added here soon. Standby everyone better concepts incoming!

Getsuga7ensh0u
06-06-2017, 12:36 PM
I feel you on this skin. Also every time you change your name it makes you into a brand new account with 1 post.
Hope the concept art looks nice and gets finished in time.

Wonkabar561
06-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Honestly, I feel like this is one of the best ideas on here. Everything else is the typical skin that's already been done, or a cliché evolution skin. This is definitely a unique skin and it should definitely go on to the next round. You've got my support for this! Ullr deserves the t5 by a long shot anyways.

YoYoMandy
06-07-2017, 02:56 PM
I like this idea alot. I'd throw money at my screen for this, as I'm a huge Venom fan! One thought i had though, maybe you could add some dark looking electricity on his 2nd stage. It could course through ullrs weapon cables and on his abilities... This coul maybe show better that the symbiote is giving his power pack more power. Just a thought. But otherwise I really like this idea.

Chevypower76
06-07-2017, 04:11 PM
I doubted this skin, and honestly it was purely out of laziness. I didn't want to read your whole thread post and go through each ability. But now after seeing many more people saying they enjoy it, I have to say, I think your on to something with this. In his three on stage 3 and 4 maybe hirez could add in that the symbiote explodes outwards where ullr lands, nd it reveals ullrs human form (maybe a little worn) and then as you turn moving ullr away the symbiote reassembles back on to ullr. This skin has alot of potential and hopefully hirez can work some magic and do it justice! Ullr t5 ftw!

SALTYLIFEF6
06-07-2017, 05:12 PM
I love this concept. You weren't kidding about the drawings though haha! I see where you're going with them though. And your written out walkthrough is very informative and easy to understand/visualize. Don't worry I think hirez can make this easily. Your abilities and effects could almost be taken from alot of particle effects and abilities that are already in the game l, like your saying with anubis wraps,they would just alter them to fit the skin and make them unique. I'm totally down for this. Makes it easier on hirez, and your sticking to what can potentially be done, by not drastically going over the top with character model changes like some of the other concepts. People need to remember that hirez can't always completely change the way an ability looks and acts. It has to essentially have the same hit box during preactivation, during, and afterwards. Your concept keeps that in line and doesn't go out of the boundaries of what's possible. Good job dude. Waiting on those updated concepts! But still you did a decent job getting the point across. Hirez should definitely take it into account,and as you said it's definitely not a "drawing contest."

VentedSamurai2856
06-08-2017, 09:29 AM
This concept is really well done and thought out. I think we have a winner here boys!

Dougiedanger100
06-08-2017, 09:37 AM
Definitely the best concept I've seen here. Looks good and I could see it being in game. Nicely done

Robospock
06-08-2017, 02:32 PM
I like how this concept has its own story line. The vgs you suggested definitely would work, but I'm sure hirez will make it even better on their end. Great job

Tomè Feteira
06-08-2017, 04:58 PM
See this from you reddit post and came here to give my it support! I really like him and how it's thought of to be! Forgive me for bad English is no good.

TundraWarrior92
06-08-2017, 05:02 PM
Best idea on here. Ullr needs the skin. You've got my vote!

NovelOrince
06-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Definitely the best ullr concept yet. Sounds awesome! :o

Pandorastrunk
06-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Every single year we get a T5 Odyssey skin for a God. Every single year we get the skin people start playing them, horribly I might add, and continue to do so. It's honestly to the point where it embarrasses those of us that actually main that said God. With that being said, I feel ullr should be getting this year's skin. Why? Because you actually have to know what you are doing or you aren't going to have a good time. Hirez needs to not cater to people for this next t5 just because the God is "easy" to play. Skadi, and Hou yi might be displayed as being "hard", but let's face it, ullr is THE hardest god to play. Why not reward this of us that play him faithfully with a good skin? And before people start complaining about "well if he's hard to play no one will buy the skin", that's completely not true. People buy the t5 odyssey completely JUST so they can get the t5. They don't care if they won't ever play the God for months, they still have the skin though. But, I digress, ullr deserves this year's skin, and this is quite honestly the best concept I can see (right now) in the entire forums. This skin is unique and seems reasonable for hirez to accomplish for us. This has got to win. Period.

ProteusMaxumus322
06-09-2017, 11:26 AM
Don't like the futuristic style of this. I can see it kind of has to with the storyline and everything you've made. But the spacesuit skins and outerspace/future ones are on alot of gods already. Maybe if there was a way around it? Idk...

ProteusMaxumus322
06-09-2017, 11:36 AM
After seeing the majority of s concepts on here, I'm coming back to say this is the least cliché and overdone skin. You have a clear cut storyline to go with and the skin concept/abilities would be easy to manipulate for hirez (as others have said most of the models for abilities and movement are already in the game.) they would just need to tweak it a bit.

Treadlightly123
06-09-2017, 03:18 PM
I like this idea alot. I'd throw money at my screen for this, as I'm a huge Venom fan! One thought i had though, maybe you could add some dark looking electricity on his 2nd stage. It could course through ullrs weapon cables and on his abilities... This coul maybe show better that the symbiote is giving his power pack more power. Just a thought. But otherwise I really like this idea.

I love this skin! I agree with Mandy about upping stage 2 with some electrical current coasting around his body. Maybe it can be a dark purplish/black similar to the color or noxs standard skin/abilities. This would indicate the symbiote power up and be more of an aid to that effect. +1

Sunflowerseeds
06-11-2017, 11:32 AM
I really like this idea

Buckethead62
06-12-2017, 01:29 PM
You have a great concept, with abilities and even a transitional storyline to back it up. Definitely one of the most planned out skin concepts I've seen thus far. Your artwork might not be the best, but it's definitely NOT a drawing contest. You have my vote! Well done!

Threewaystreetliiiiight
06-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Don't think much more can be said than what has already been stated. You have my vote dude.

Insnebob1889
06-12-2017, 10:06 PM
This is my favorite concept by far!

CarharttLayers
06-13-2017, 07:50 AM
Saw this from the reddit megathread. Came to give my support. Definitely the concept worth getting the t5 next year. Hope it wins!

CherBear
06-13-2017, 09:18 AM
Best idea on here hands down! Not cliché like the rest, it's original and definitely doable. Don't worry about not having great artwork, hirez will draw up a concept for you if they decide to choose it, which they SHOULD!

PaintingaGiraffeChaff
06-13-2017, 03:05 PM
Best concept I've seen yet. Honestly the most original without overdoing it with the demonic/lich thing. You've got great concepts and ideas that basically pave the way for hirez to use. If this doesn't get picked for next t5 odyssey I'll be sadly disappointed. This is quality even with the bad art. Like others have said though, hirez will usually jazz it up after they collaborate with themselves..

DrinkinOuttaCups
06-14-2017, 07:56 AM
I love this idea, if I could make one suggestion? Instead of his 1 throwing out a tendrils maybe make it a blast of Symbiotic energy... Just feel the tendrils are in everything, although I understand ullrs abilities use arrows and you're replacing it, I'm just trying to change it up a bit maybe.

Runningon8Cyl
06-14-2017, 10:40 AM
This is top notch! Best skin concept on here! Really hope this wins!

KingsMistress
06-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Gotta say I'm impressed! Saw your tweet about this! Not the best art but honestly the BEST concept of all. If this doesn't win there's something wrong. Ullr needs the skin to begin with. People should actually know how to use the god that gets the next t5. Ullr isn't the easiest but he's definitely the most fun to play! Ullr mains really should be going after this one!

Necromancer776
06-14-2017, 10:28 PM
I'm down to play as Venom.

SloaneKILLA35
06-15-2017, 03:27 PM
I'm down to play as Venom.

Seriously though This would be the best t5 skin out of all. I'm voting for this all the way bro seriously hope it wins for real. This would be LIT!

GSG9HK47
06-16-2017, 08:00 AM
I'd absolutely enjoy playing as ullr with this skin. He's already fun to play and this would just make him even better. I agree with most of the comments on here, this really should be the winner.

xGRIMMProductionsx
06-16-2017, 11:18 AM
Possibly, the greatest idea I've ever seen for this game. Your detail is amazing, and Hi-Rez should have no problem pulling this one together. Good luck to you! You have my vote.

MKyàren
06-20-2017, 07:29 AM
Messaging for visibility

TH3_SCARFATH3R
06-20-2017, 10:58 AM
Holy cow. You guys are amazing! Thank you for all the support everyone is giving for my idea! Sorry I haven't had a chance to respond to anyone's ideas or thoughts, I haven't been able to login at all. I guess there's been issues with Xbox accounts signing in. Anyways every idea people have for changes so far I'm completely down for. I love all the feedback. Unfortunately the artwork wasn't able to be completed in time. But hopefully hirez is working on a concept of their own that we can vote for! Thanks everyone again! Hope to see this idea come to life in smite! Please by all means, keep giving feedback! This is a community skin so if anyone has any ideas that can better it in anyway please do so! Unless you guys think it's that good already ;)

TalkingClocks
06-21-2017, 10:31 AM
I really hope this skin wins. It would be awesome!