PDA

View Full Version : Unbroken Oath - Jing Wei

hotrider35
06-04-2017, 01:18 PM
Rather than a Tier 5 skin that changes as you level up, this skin would change as she dies, uses the back to base function, and uses her abilities. I wanted it to live up to her lore while also putting a red Phoenix reincarnation twist on it. It would work like this:

Base: A young chinese princess having voice lines fitting of a royal chinese princess (including an actual chinese accent) She has a little tiara and a little princess gown. In this base form she can have little twists on her abilities working off of the fact that she doesn't have her powers yet.

Abilities

Passive - when she leaves the fountain, activating her passive, (I know it's a stretch but that's why i need the community's help) instead of flying with wings, she can be the small boat she crashed in and soar through the air making water effects under and behind the boat.

Basic attack - A regular old crossbow that shoots normal crossbow bolts

Persistent Gust - Instead of a whirlwind of air, it'd be an upward torrent of water and She would have a sound que that sounds scared about the scary water

Explosive Bolts - Similar to her pool party skin, she just shoots more arrows at once.

Agility - Instead of flying, maybe she does a really quick swimming animation or just a leap.

Air Strike - Instead of flying overhead and shooting down at people, she goes up with her boat and it falls apart as she goes on. Those falling pieces are what act as the explosions from her ult.

Edit:Only after reaching level 5
Form 2a: This form only comes from dying only after reaching level 5. If Jing Wei dies in her base form, she has an animation revolving around falling in water and having some lingering embers rise her up out of it which ties into her being a phoenix in this skin. When she respawns, she'll be similar to the base form but with tattered clothes and small red flames coming from her back, acting as wings

Edit: Only after reaching level 5
Form 2b: This form only comes from using the back to base function successfully only after reaching level 5. The animation would be her jumping into her boat and paddling but the boat slowly falls apart. At the end of the animation the boat disappears, embers surround her, and she appears at base in tattered clothes with small red flames coming from her back that look like wings.

Her powers are new and untrained so her abilities will look a little clunky in this form

Abilities

Passive - She flies out of the fountain but her animation for taking off and landing has her kind of stumbling and being off balance

Basic Attack - Her crossbow tip is on fire and she shoots flame-tipped crossbow bolts

Persistent Gust - A little whirlwind of small flames

Explosive Bolts - A crossbow bolt but a large fire at the tip of it

Agility - She actually flies, leaving lingering flames behind her

Air Strike - She flies above, dropping small stones in the area, "filling up the sea"

Form 3: This form can only be obtained by using her ultimate 2 times after being in Form 2. She is living up to her oath of filling the sea and she is evolving because of it. In this form, her wings have grown large and the ends of her hair have ember effects on them. Her crossbow is now made of fire. Her clothes are no longer tattered. Instead she has on a Chinese kimono. Her voice lines would sound more godlike and mature. (playing off of how long it would take her to fulfill her promise) She no longer skips everywhere she goes. She walks. Her flame wings are bigger and she has a small puffed out flame tail. (What i mean by puffed out is; imagine short downward facing peacock feathers)

Abilities

Passive - When she leaves the fountain, there are lingering flames behind her and her wings flap more

Basic Attack - Her crossbow bolts shoots pure fire

Persistent Gust - Still a whirlwind of fire but it looks deeper and has more fire in it

Explosive Bolts - A giant bolt of fire

Agility - She flies as normal but leaves a flaming trail behind her

Air Strike - She rains flaming boulders down

Final Form: This form comes from using her ultimate 2 more times after being in Form 3. She is wearing a red chinese kimono and her wings are large. Maybe in this form she no longer skips around like a child but hovers off of the ground like a giddess with her wings flapping. She now has 3 long flaming tails. She no longer has a crossbow. She instead uses her hands. She is now a full Phoenix in human form.

Abilities

Passive - She turns into a fully flamed Phoenix as she soars through the sky. There is a long trail of fire in the air behind wherever she flies and embers float down to the ground under her that dwindle and die after a few seconds

Basic Attack - Jing Wei uses her hands to shoot fire

Persistent Gust- Jing Wei summons a large flaming whirlwind

Explosive Bolts - She shoots out miniature Phoenixes

Agility - She turns into her Phoenix form for a short while and flies forward

Air Strike - Jing Wei shoots down intense flames that create fire pillars that fade after the attack ends. After the initial attack ends, she floats in the sky in her Phoenix form

This Tier 5 isn't perfect but I'm hoping the community can help out in this thread. I know Anubis' skin played off of fire but imagine this as a more angelic or majestic type of fire. I think it would be a really cool addition to the game.

SummoningDragon
06-04-2017, 01:54 PM
This idea is honestly really good and I hope this one wins, some of the other concepts do t relate to the God themselves at all but this has some actuall lore behind it

hotrider35
06-04-2017, 10:21 PM
Please feel free to comment any changes you would like to make. I really want this concept to get out there

ehhhhhhhhh
06-05-2017, 10:13 AM
I hope this becomes a t4 if not a t5 because this is the most original post on here. Everything else is just "Cursed medusa to uncursed medusa

Yuls
06-05-2017, 10:46 AM
I really love this T5 skin idea for Jing Wei and think it's really well thought out.

I think the only thing I would change on it is to make it where when you hit level 5-10-15 you should not need to ult 3 times to get the next form each time because it will be rare you see the final form then. I think having it so where when you hit the level you don't get the form right away until you back to base and fly out with her passive. They could make it where she changes form either while she is backing after hitting the right level for it, or have it happen while she is flying with her passive making it extra cool how she changes form.

hotrider35
06-05-2017, 04:27 PM
I see what you mean. But i really want the skin to follow a pattern living up to her lore. Thus Jing Wei's ult is symbolic of fulfilling her promise to fill the sea with sticks and stones. ults to change forms shouldn't be too bad i don't think. Because she doesn't have to hit with them

soccer slayer 9
06-05-2017, 10:59 PM
This is my favorite Jing wei skin concept by far. I think it gives Hi Rez a lot of leverage on what to do. As for her passive in stage one, Hi Rez can pull it off as long as its a small boat. As for the dash keep it at a swim or dive like animation or maybe a roll just not a leap. I really like the idea of changing form with her back and then her ult, its really unique and stands out from the other tier fives that follow the level progression. I definitely think she should first reach lvl five and then when she backs or dies then she reaches her second stage. Other than that I really like this skin concept and really want it to win for all of our sakes. I really appreciate you taking the time to think of this!

hotrider35
06-06-2017, 12:42 AM
Oh now i see what you mean. I didn't understand the first time. Sorry guys. But that's actually a really good idea. I'll add it to the suggestion.

hotrider35
06-06-2017, 12:45 AM
I'm a horrible artist. It would be a great help if anybody could make a quick sketch of the forms. If you do, please take into account that this outfit is NOT meant to be sexualized in her grown form. She'd be wearing a traditional Chinese kimono.

Yuls
06-07-2017, 12:22 PM
I see what you mean. But i really want the skin to follow a pattern living up to her lore. Thus Jing Wei's ult is symbolic of fulfilling her promise to fill the sea with sticks and stones. ults to change forms shouldn't be too bad i don't think. Because she doesn't have to hit with them

Fair enough! I just think using Jing Wei passive as a way for her to change forms as she levels is such a cool idea that only Jing Wei can do with a T5 skin. Either way I really like your ideas and I think it's one of the better ones for a T5 Jing Wei skin.

hotrider35
06-07-2017, 01:09 PM
I know exactly what you mean. That was actually my original idea. I thought that she would be dropping sticks in the air every time she uses her passive which would also be symbolic of her filling the waters. But i thought it'd be better off it came from her actual ult because you HAVE to use the passive no matter what eventually. But you have to actively use her ult.It's more of a personal thing. With the ult i feel like it's her actually going out of her way to "fill the sea" rather than just passively doing it you know?