PDA

View Full Version : Cold as Nothingness itself (Skadi Concept) Void Skin

TheRealFL3D3RMAU5
06-03-2017, 05:17 AM
The coldest of all things is simply nothingness itself. From the void this form has come to drag the gods one by one into its depths, where countless deities have faded out of existence. The form being simplistic and also neutral gendered assumes Skadi's basic form. This creature takes the voice of blended male and female voices. It is simply dark void black, devoid of most and many features. It peers with glowing eyes and in its final stage of being it forms an almost white ethereal energy around its edges. This form in the first three stages (marked by every 5 levels of development) would be devoid of things like real hands and feet, giving the form the appearance of almost floating above the ground and also casting its dark spear from thin air. In the forth stage it may appear to have these parts but they are unnecessary as it's model is changed slightly to allow full floating and levitation-like hurtling of its dark bolts.

Oblivion will drag all things eventually into nothingness. Nothingness's companion, Oblivion, will follow special changes throughout the duration of a game. Oblivion/Kaldr simply grows slightly in size each 5 levels until the final 5 levels where it assumes a form with white ethereal energy and a larger more monstrous stature. Its eyes also glow like its master's eyes.

Much like Demonic-pact Anubis, when in the final form, ultimates would trigger a map-wide blackout of the sky for all players to see. The skies would turn black until the ultimate finished.

The spears would simply be dark bolts as depicted with aesthetic changes. Ice patches would be replaced with void patches and some aesthetic changes.

If atheists or perhaps nihilists could be represented, this could be their champion...

This is a quick rendering, may make more adjustments and more artwork for idea. Let me know what you guys think! (Need a good name for this too!) Link to artwork in further in the description if I can't post the image:

http://i.imgur.com/ltuuwkD.jpg

http://fav.me/dbbdijv

P.S. feel free to post other concept artwork for this and ideas, fellow creative geniuses!

{Update}:

http://i.imgur.com/8FKMyvH.jpg?1

ninjxs
06-03-2017, 08:13 AM
Finally a good skin.

Necromancer776
06-03-2017, 08:25 AM
I'm down for this.

Hanobusss
06-03-2017, 09:06 AM
very good skin but i think those first 2 stages are pretty much same and weapons too, this is not hate only my feelings about it

TheRealFL3D3RMAU5
06-03-2017, 10:59 AM
Awesome, thanks for the support guys! What suggestions would you guys have for making each form different from one another? This thread its a collaborative effort so if you guys have ideas, sketches, etc... I will gladly take them! Lets make this a thing!

musaafir
06-03-2017, 01:58 PM
What if she started off as a more standard skadi skin and then as entropy and her power increase she gradually becomes the void

TheYellowLynx
06-03-2017, 02:16 PM
u guis shud seee mai skin conceptis much much beter1

TheRealFL3D3RMAU5
06-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Yea that could work. Would need to think of a good base look for Skadi. Any ideas? :D

Maybe the base form could be seeking for the innermost cold within their core/heart and then the void consumes them. Or perhaps Skadi had her heart stolen by Njörðr because of his anger at her leaving him. Njörðr however did not realize that when you remove the only warmth Skadi has, being her heart, the truest form of absolute chill manifests itself in her seeking to consume all warmth and light. (I'm digging this!) Any thoughts?

TheRealFL3D3RMAU5
06-03-2017, 05:17 PM
More artwork coming soon...

Rhesty
06-03-2017, 05:20 PM
This will have the problem of being the most boring model in smite though, just black.

musaafir
06-03-2017, 05:52 PM
okay how about this... i know this is weird because fenrir is already a god in smite, but what if its based of the concept that like when Skadi went to get revenge for her father, she freed fenrir to wreak havoc on the gods and when he consumes the world then she becomes nothingness. so like the first form could be just like a regular skadi with kaldr being fenrir so you could have the broken chains on his neck, and then go from there

TheRealFL3D3RMAU5
06-03-2017, 06:13 PM
That's not a bad idea.. I looked up the lore and discovered a bit more about Skadi's lineage. It appears that this would make a very good motive origin. We'll keep working on it! Some interesting notes, however, is her nonexistent role in Ragnarok, making her "non-existence" or "nothingness" more legitimate. Also found it interesting that her name has possible derivative roots in the words for "shadow" in old germanic languages. This would also add to her form being almost shadow-like, and this could potentially be used as a different cognate for the name Skadi; we might have an interesting and very relevant name for the skin. Still working on updating the artwork..

TheRealFL3D3RMAU5
06-03-2017, 08:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8FKMyvH.jpg?1

Upon having her heart stolen from her, Skadi had no more warmth.. no more divine purpose.. the void left behind began to consume..

Bad Juju Bunny
06-04-2017, 10:52 PM
Love this one xD

TheRealFL3D3RMAU52.0
06-05-2017, 02:14 AM
Thanks! Had to make a new Smite Forum User account.. can't log into the old one. So same me, new account.