PDA

View Full Version : Godcaptor Jing Wei

Sakuranboy
06-02-2017, 10:04 PM
⋆Godcaptor Jing Wei⋆
-------------------------------
"Jing Wei is a young magical girl in this skin that is learning to come to terms with her new destiny and powers. She wields a magic wand capable of capturing the powers of the gods themselves (ooh! ahh!) and transforming them into magical playing cards, which is why she takes to the battlefield of the gods in order to "hunt" more gods to add to her collection; so far she is able to call upon the powers of four powerful gods: Skadi, Medusa, Ullr, and Hou Yi." ;)

Level 1-4: Japanese-esque school girl, shy and awkward with her "new" powers.
(Inspiration) https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/ccs/images/d/d4/MG_4909-2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120625042608
Level 5-16: Upon reaching level 5, she immediately puts on a random one of her 3 outfits, saying something along the lines of "Sweet, I just caught a new one! I think I'm getting the hang of this Godcaptor thing" in reference to obtaining her ultimate and the associated new powers. Her magical girl outfit changes each time she recalls (magical girl transformation, 3 different outfits and rotates among the 3 with each recall); excited and enthusiastic attitude.
(Inspiration for 3 outfits and level 1-16 wand) https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cc/Cardcaptor_Sakura_BD_volume_1_cover.jpghttps://i1.wp.com/morganscomnick.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/bc22.jpghttps://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/ccs/images/e/ec/Sakura_blue.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091109224508
Level 17-20: No matter what costume she is in, she ascends into one goddess-like expert/veteran magical girl and her wand transforms; mature and confident 'tude.
(Inspiration for goddes-like outfit, wings and new wand) https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5a/bb/1b/5abb1b600457f49dfc820fd86c90dbcc.png

EDIT: To be clear, her crossbow becomes a wand in this skin. The basic attacks may appear as pink magical bubble-like projectiles Level 1-16, and Level 17-20 they appear as pink-and-gold sparklier bubble-like projectiles.
Passive: Level 1-4: Jing Wei says something along the lines of "C'mon, Mr. Wand, please fly for me—whOAoA!!" And awkwardly struggles to stay balanced on her wand as she flies. The wand, at the beginning of the passive animation, grows small wings and JW rides it like a witch's broom. She crashes when she lands.
Level 5-16: JW says something like "Wand-kun, iku yo!" or "Oh boy, this is my favorite part!" and then bouncily hops onto her wand—now with larger wings—and rides it (again like a witch's broom) but more confidently. She lands with a stylish flair.
Level 17-20: By this point JW has a new wand, and to fly she sprouts huge, gorgeous angel wings from her back that carry her gracefully through the air. The sky opens up and becomes a beautiful holy sunset for everyone in the game to see.
Ability 1: Level 1-4: JW yells "S-Skadi!" and waves her wand at a blue playing card she throws in front of her. A chilly vortex of ice-blue wind is summoned in the targeted location, knocking up enemies or herself.
Level 5-16: JW yells "Skadi!~" and again waves her wand at a blue playing card she throws in front of her. A pretty snow flurry is summoned in the targeted location insead, knocking up enemies or herself.
Level 17-20: JW yells "Goddess of winter!" and waves her wand at a blue playing card she now throws above her head into the air. An icy blizzard is summoned in the targeted location insead, knocking up enemies or herself.
Ability 2: Level 1-4: JW yells "M-m-medusa!!" and waves her wand at a green playing card she throws in front of her. Her empowered autoattacks are eerily green.
Level 5-16: JW yells "Medusaaa!" and again waves her wand at a green playing card she throws in front of her. Her empowered autos slither through the air like a snake.
Level 17-20: JW yells "Goddess of snakes!" and waves her wand at a green playing card she now throws above her head into the air. Her empowered autos hiss as they slither through the air, exploding with many small snakes upon impact.
Ability 3: Level 1-4: JW yells "Ullr, heeellp!!" and points her wand at a white playing card she throws in front of her. She dashes in the targeted direction, flailing around hilariously. She screams if this ability is used while knocked up.
Level 5-16: JW yells "Ullr, go!" and again points her wand at a white playing card she throws in front of her. She dashes in the targeted direction, leaving sparkly white glitter in a trail behind her. She cheers if this ability is used while knocked up.
Level 17-20: JW yells "God of skiing!" and again points her wand at a white playing card she throws in front of her. She dashes in the targeted direction, leaving sparkly white glitter in a trail behind her. She chuckles if this ability is used while knocked up. If this ability is used while she is knocked up from her own Ability 1, she dons a glowing-white pair of magical skis and rides on a gust of snowy wind.
Ability 4: Level 5-16: JW yells "Hou Yi, do it!" and leaps into the air, once again riding her wand like a broom, holding a red playing card in her hand. While launching the attack, the wand rains down a series of fireballs similar in appearance to Hou Yi's ultimate but with a sparkly magical girl flair.
Level 17-20: JW yells "God of archery, I call upon thee!" and soars through the air with her giant glorious wings out. Pointing her wand down towards the ground, the fiery orbs she fires are now extra sparkly and cause a radiating pool of rainbow glitter upon impact with the ground.
EDIT: Ideas for various voicelines (When buying a physical attack item—"There's nothin' magical about this!")
If anyone has any other ideas to add/change, feel free to comment below and/or add your own art! :) Let's get ourselves a Cardcaptor Sakura-themed skin worthy of the reference!

TheYellowLynx
06-03-2017, 07:59 AM
ah yes u liek anime mee too bery much like spongebob favvorite anime and mr qrabs

Sakuranboy
06-03-2017, 10:50 AM
Well aren't you just precious! Please never change <3

Maiyami
06-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Imma be honest, I really really hate this and I hope it doesn't win.

People have had this concept forever (It's honestly nothing new) and I hope it never makes it into the game, I would be more into it if you hadn't used Cardcaptor Sakura to be completely honest and maybe just doodled yourself or not shown any pictures at all. Every time someone wants some magical girl shit in this damn game, they always use Cardcaptor Sakura.
I mean good luck, but no thanks at the same time u feel.

Sakuranboy
06-03-2017, 01:20 PM
Thanks for commenting! I would guess that the reason behind Cardcaptor Sakura being such a common theme for a magical girl skin concept—going by what you said—would be because of its high demand and popularity. So I'm catering to that audience and demand with this concept :) Again, thanks for adding to the discussion! <3

CelestialxAngel
06-03-2017, 06:58 PM
I remember watching this anime lol it's a cute idea and I'm all up for it, but what would her crossbow be? If it were a wand like in the photos, what would her basic attacks look like?

CountlessClouds
06-03-2017, 08:02 PM
I'd buy it

Sakuranboy
06-03-2017, 08:46 PM
I remember watching this anime lol it's a cute idea and I'm all up for it, but what would her crossbow be? If it were a wand like in the photos, what would her basic attacks look like?

Thanks for the support! And yes, her crossbow becomes a wand, and I believe her basic attacks could look like cute pink bubbles of energy at first, that turn gold when she hits level 17 :) What do you think?

I'd buy it

Yay! So would I! ^_^

DarkSmilzz
06-03-2017, 09:37 PM
How do you add photos ?

Maiyami
06-03-2017, 10:48 PM
Thanks for commenting! I would guess that the reason behind Cardcaptor Sakura being such a common theme for a magical girl skin concept—going by what you said—would be because of its high demand and popularity. So I'm catering to that audience and demand with this concept :) Again, thanks for adding to the discussion! <3

Oh, I love magical girl stuff, I've watched every magical girl anime there is - I just don't want it in this game personally :') and if it did make it, I have no idea who i'd like it on, but it's more of if it's going to happen why make it cookie cutter BS - why not make it ORIGINAL instead of something already done, overused. To me magical girl has become boring because it is the same stuff "oh no a school girl suddenly has powers?!?!?!?" there are a few that are original though and don't have that ridiculous plot - I just want originality, Hirez wants originality - THIS IS NOT ORIGINAL is my point. It is boring and overused, overshared, overthought of. As much as I love magical girls, I just want something original - something that hasn't been done that others haven't thought of. Of course it's not as though I work at hirez. It's not high demand or highpopularity, magical girls are for young girls really (They were designed for 8 year old to 13 years old actually) however there is a select few older people who do like it, but most of the time people make skins involving this for memes. The point is this has been suggested long before you suggested it however I cannot remember which gods - but like I said if you hadn't included pictures (to make it a blatant rip-off of Cardcaptor sakura) maybe it would be a little better (Even if it's cheese magical girl shit that has been overdone to high heavens :') )

Sakuranboy
06-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Thanks for your continued personal opinion and adding to the publicity of this concept! ^_^ It is very much appreciated.

Yuls
06-05-2017, 11:27 AM
This is a really cute idea for a T5 Jing Wei skin. I think the only thing I would change is make it where she changes to her new look not until she backs to base after hitting the right level for it. She could say something each time she changes when she backs to base as well. This also goes really well with her passive and I think would be a fun idea to have on to any T5 Jing Wei skin. I think her winning music could be upbeat and happy sounding for this skin.

Sakuranboy
06-05-2017, 04:46 PM
This is a really cute idea for a T5 Jing Wei skin. I think the only thing I would change is make it where she changes to her new look not until she backs to base after hitting the right level for it. She could say something each time she changes when she backs to base as well. This also goes really well with her passive and I think would be a fun idea to have on to any T5 Jing Wei skin. I think her winning music could be upbeat and happy sounding for this skin.

Great ideas!! What if they made her victory screen music and dance similar to this?:
https://youtu.be/gnRqWBpn-EQ

A reference to the popular Heartcatch PreCure series of the Pretty Cure magical girl anime franchise! ^_^

soccer slayer 9
06-05-2017, 10:11 PM
I would definitely love a magical girl themed skin for Jing wei, so you have my full support. Also this made me cringe! :)

Sakuranboy
06-06-2017, 10:27 AM
I would definitely love a magical girl themed skin for Jing wei, so you have my full support. Also this made me cringe! :)

Thank you for your support! <3

aryatabs
06-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Sakura chan...Sakura chan.... You my friend have a good story telling captive power.....and I think you will excel with it as you Level Up....till then good luck with the theme getting selected and giving you fame & name...I too did some submissions care to stroll down the forum and have a look...I will be very happy, but posting links is sooo cliche and unmanly...so I will not do it! :3

Yuls
06-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Great ideas!! What if they made her victory screen music and dance similar to this?:
https://youtu.be/gnRqWBpn-EQ

A reference to the popular Heartcatch PreCure series of the Pretty Cure magical girl anime franchise! ^_^

That would be a great dance and music to go along with this skin for her victory screen music! I hope they change her both the music and the dance for her T5 skin. That would be so awesome since she's the only hunter out of the 5 that won that has that after she wins.

Sakuranboy
06-08-2017, 08:19 AM
That would be a great dance and music to go along with this skin for her victory screen music! I hope they change her both the music and the dance for her T5 skin. That would be so awesome since she's the only hunter out of the 5 that won that has that after she wins.

Right?? They would be missing out on a huge opportunity to skip doing something with Jing Wei's dancing and music, it's just begging for it.

ClownfishStudio
06-09-2017, 01:32 PM
Oh, I love magical girl stuff, I've watched every magical girl anime there is - I just don't want it in this game personally :') and if it did make it, I have no idea who i'd like it on, but it's more of if it's going to happen why make it cookie cutter BS - why not make it ORIGINAL instead of something already done, overused. To me magical girl has become boring because it is the same stuff "oh no a school girl suddenly has powers?!?!?!?" there are a few that are original though and don't have that ridiculous plot - I just want originality, Hirez wants originality - THIS IS NOT ORIGINAL is my point. It is boring and overused, overshared, overthought of. As much as I love magical girls, I just want something original - something that hasn't been done that others haven't thought of. Of course it's not as though I work at hirez. It's not high demand or highpopularity, magical girls are for young girls really (They were designed for 8 year old to 13 years old actually) however there is a select few older people who do like it, but most of the time people make skins involving this for memes. The point is this has been suggested long before you suggested it however I cannot remember which gods - but like I said if you hadn't included pictures (to make it a blatant rip-off of Cardcaptor sakura) maybe it would be a little better (Even if it's cheese magical girl shit that has been overdone to high heavens :') )

Totally agree

MeXiCaNxGuNNeRz
06-10-2017, 12:54 AM
badass
http://i.imgur.com/4LaZeJi.gif

Sakuranboy
06-12-2017, 09:08 AM
badass
http://i.imgur.com/4LaZeJi.gif

I'm glad you think so! ^_^ Of course, my concept is just one of many; I would be happy with any magical girl-themed Jing Wei skin making it to the voting stage! That would truly be badass :)

Sakuranboy
06-19-2017, 08:59 AM
What do you guys think her hair should look like in this skin? I'm inclined to keep her signature pigtails where applicable.

Yuls
06-20-2017, 07:38 PM
What do you guys think her hair should look like in this skin? I'm inclined to keep her signature pigtails where applicable.

I like her hair the way it is with the pigtails, it looks good on Jing Wei and fits her really well, same with her skipping around when she walks out of combat. That's totally Jing Wei! That being said I would not mind it if they did change her hair a little bit or her walk if it fits the skin really well.

Good luck with your skin!