PDA

View Full Version : Hou yi Phoenix skin

Mxsxn
06-02-2017, 01:08 PM
As I want to start off, this is not final and I would love if people could add on to it.One]of my main thoughts was Hou yi's arrow could be a bird and it gets a wider wingspan/bigger as hou yi levels. I'm not sure if hou yi should become a phoenix in a final form because that seems out of place. I would like if people could share ideas about the gods tran sformation. His mark could basically just be a phoenix symbol and progressively gets bigger as you level. His 3 could be phoenix stamp and have a blazing circle around the slam. His ultimate could have a phoenix slamming into the ground, basic. Another idea for the ultimate is the phoenix comes out of the ground instead of the sky, There could also be a wall of fire around the area. Again, I need ideas for the body progression if you have any. Hou yis armor can be a poor mans and as he levels it becomes gold and the final form has glowing wings out of his back. His 2 could even engulf gods he has marked in flames to show they are marked.http://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-vector-glowing-stylized-angel-wings-on-a-black-background-157929887.jpg

UrazogBullhart
06-02-2017, 01:12 PM
I had a phoenix idea myself, but kind of ran into a similar problem with the body transformation. I think Hou Yi's would work better if it was ult activated like Thor's is. So after he ults, he's more phoenix-like until he dies. Or perhaps he has phoenix-like armor instead of he himself looking like the phoenix.

Lavamaness
06-02-2017, 01:14 PM
In terms of a body transformation I think it would be cool if he starts off as a somewhat regular looking hunter but as he levels up and the Phoenix gets bigger he gets more armor so that by the end he's like protector of the Phoenix and the armor has almost a holy feel to it or it could have flames coming off of specific parts

PublickEmery
06-02-2017, 01:19 PM
I like this idea a lot. Maybe for the character transformation itself he can start off with a war paint that resembles ash marks and armor that looks charred and crumbled. As he progresses the armor starts to form into a metallic gold and red as if the Phoenix is rising, eventually the final form can be extremely elaborate armor comprised of layered feathers. Possible wings but not necessary

Mxsxn
06-02-2017, 01:20 PM
I love your idea the armor could really get holy like thanatos. He could also have a special taunt like Anubis where a phoenix comes behind him.

Mxsxn
06-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Yeah I really think it could be a great concept if its done right. Your idea seems the most reasonable

Mxsxn
06-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Great idea think I'm going incorporate that in some way

Kic7289
06-02-2017, 02:41 PM
I love this idea. Still thinking about how the clothing will work, but I like the idea proposed about this resurrection going on within the armor. What I think would be really cool is that for his divebomb ability, Hou Yi temporarily turns into a Phoenix to perform the ability, resuming his human form upon landing.

Hikariwolf7
06-02-2017, 03:24 PM
This needs to win

YumiFlames
06-02-2017, 03:44 PM
I was thinking about phoenix as well and reading yours I think the Ultimate, at all levels, would be him calling up the help of the Phoenix, who shows up in the sky among the clouds and spits the ground with fire, difference among the levels might be the phoenix is not full revealed until his last transformation. I thought Hou Yi more as a hunter blessed by a Phoenix, like the bird was his companion, so for example the Mark could be like the Phoenix looking at the god marked, so i thought like some shadow of the phoenix on the god marked, as the Phoenix would be hovering it for a strike or something like this. Phoenix in ultimate i thought something as big as Ao Kuangs dragon form. About his armor, he starts as a pleb hunter, shirtless and i thought with like a tattoo (chinese letters for Sun or Phoenix) or war paint on his back that starts black and as he levels up changes color with his armor but still showing on the armor (ex. black>yellow>red> glowing orange/golden). About Divebomb i thought the same, pleb wings on the start, but I even thought he could grab the phoenixs claws at low levels instead of his bow, until he gets stronger enough to fly by himself at last transformation. So in his ultimate instead of shooting the sky he could ask help of the phoenix, at last transformation might look cool if he hovers the ground with badass wings spread calling the phoenix.

EV1L
06-02-2017, 05:03 PM
His 1 turns more into fire like animation the more it bounces.

Kinda like what "Yumiflames" was saying.About his 2.You can make a small phonix hover around hou yi or make it stay still idk.But when you mark someone the phonix hovers around the mark.
His 3 can make him grow temporary wings.

His ult someone might of said this,but just a bunch of phonies splashING at the center.Making a bird sound.

About his armor maybe more feathers.
And if possible make an animation when dying and reviving at base.

His call home can be him soaring into the sky like a phonix.

Mxsxn
06-02-2017, 06:10 PM
I love these ideas and I really hope this gets considered.

EparMaster
06-02-2017, 09:24 PM
Just a little touch, nothing special, but I just thought it'd be cool if he turned to ash when he died

YehBoiFred
06-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Phoenix King

i was thinking that...
-Ability 1 ( Ricochet ) : Would be a normal arrow but slightly bigger and resemble a phoenix.
-Ability 2 ( Golden Crow ) : When being sent out it would look like the shadow of a phoenix and when lands on a god it would look like a mini phoenix.
-Ability 3 ( Divebomb ) : He would grow wings when going up and he loses them when he dives.
-Ultimate ( Sunbreaker ) : The delay when the ult is being cast he would grow wings and hover above the ground calling to the phoenix to send down the suns and hou yi keeps the wings until the ult is down and if divebomb were to be used during the ult he would still keep the wings until the ult is done.

Appearence Wise...
-lvl 1 - 4 : He would be a normal hunter shirtless with a phoenix tatoo on chest and back and a wooden bow ( no hat ).
-lvl 5 - 9 : He would slightly resemble his original skin but with the tatoo's and without the mask.
-lvl 10 - 14 : His tatoo's would start to cover his body the color of the phoenix his bow would look more like a phoenix and his clothes would start to look more royal.
-lvl 15 -20 : he would have the tatoo's covering his body in symbols he would have a crown made of fire and feathers
his clothes would be made of feathers the color of fire his bow would be in flames and his arrows in his quiver would be on fire.

Hopefully my idea would be useful to the idea if it gets picked for the t5 skin feel free to adjust the idea slightly

TheMadJoker1999
06-03-2017, 12:23 AM
This is a good idea for the most part just need an artist to get it on paper. Cause I would for sure buy this hands down

GongsunYiru
06-03-2017, 12:44 AM
Apply the rise from the ashes theme for the progression of his skin. Burnt-out charred broken armor and disheveled burnt clothes to armor that's radiating with phoenix-like energy and flames (Jean Grey Xmen style), or something.

His ult definitely needs a phoenix.

NUKA-COLA_KNIGHT
06-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Pretty awesome idea

gallantCavalier
06-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Stage 1: Tribal-esque hunter, has tribal tattoos and all that. (Pocahontas kinda-vibe but he praises the sun) Has a brown bird companion that comes to his aid when he uses his mark and flies up with him when he uses his 3

Stage 2: Tattoos get lit up, bird slowly turns into a lighter color. Hou Yi gets more clothes, chest still exposed (Tattoos are seen). He gets a small cape ( till his mid spine) with a phoenix markings and a headress with feathers.

Stage 3: Cape gets feathers on its shoulders, and gets longer. Headers starts to look bird-like covering one side of his face. Bird has fiery wings and Hou Yi's hair lights up. Bird "merges" with him.

Stage 4: His cape reaches the floor, the inside has feathers flowing in it (wing like). Cape has whole phoenix illustration at the back. (similar to how LoL Rakan's cape works). His headress is now a phoenix helmet, covering his eyes + nose and has glowing eyes. He leaves a fire trail while he walks. The suns on his ult are now bird-like. :)

(im too lazy to draw orz)