PDA

View Full Version : Monster Slayer Ullr

UrazogBullhart
06-02-2017, 11:16 AM
The general idea is of Ullr becoming a more seasoned hunter with him using the hides of the beasts he's slain as trophies.

Stage One: Ullr is a noname hunter starting on his journey without coin to his name. He wears a cloth tunic, a thin tattered cape that does nothing to keep out the cold, and basic boots. His axes and bow appear to be the only thing of proper value on his persons, but are still nothing special to look at. Ullr himself looks a bit younger than his default skin, sporting full brown hair with no hints of greying.

Stage Two: Ullr has become sort of a local hero, hunting wild animals as they become a hindrance to daily life. He fashions the hides of the fallen beasts for better armor. He now wears the pelt of a wolf, as a cloak, wearing its head above his own. Ullr now sports proper leather armor and sturdier shoes. The village has gifted him with a stronger bow and sharper axes as a thanks for his services.

Stage Three: Ullr has gone out to the world beyond his village. Honing his skills and hunting more terrifying monsters as he seeks glory. Fashioned in the gear of a more experienced hunter, he wears dark leather armor, and thick leather gloves and boots. He now wears the hide of a great sabre cat as his cloak. He's now in possession of his yew bow and iron axes. As he's gotten older and wiser, some of his hairs have began to grey.

Stage Four: Ullr is now a seasoned monster hunter. Having slain a dragon, he has hunted one of the most fearsome creatures to ever roam the earth. Both as proof of his deed and to honor the glorious fight the dragon gave him, his cloak would be replaced one last time. The hide and scales of the dragon now rest on his head and shoulders.

Stage Four (Alternate): Ullr is now a seasoned monster hunter. Having slain a dragon, he has hunted one of the most fearsome creatures to ever roam the earth. Both as proof of his deed and to honor the glorious fight the dragon gave him, he made armor and weapons from the dragon's remains. The dragon's white scales have been made into his armor. The bones, with the aid of steel, have been made into his bow and his axes. His hair and beard have notably greyed with age.

Stage Five (Extremely expendable): Subjected to a curse put onto his armor, Ullr has now become a dragon himself, unable to die of any other way than in battle. He seeks a final glorious fight, much like the dragon gave him years ago, to bring him to his grave. He's become a bipedal winter dragon, so cold that the ground freezes momentarily under his feet. His scales, white like the falling snow in the dead of night with horns like ice. A mane of fur down his spine, around his forearms and forelegs, around his neck and a bit onto his chest keep the dragon-changed Ullr warm.
While he's abandoned his axes in favor of using his dragon claws, he's kept the dragonbone bow as a reminder of his former humanity.

-----
I consider myself more of a writer, able to get concepts out much easier with words than I can hope to do with pictures. I hope this is a decent enough footing to get some ideas bouncing around though.

Mircea2002
06-02-2017, 11:18 AM
very nice concept!

UrazogBullhart
06-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Thank you. I'm glad to hear it!

Devintage
06-02-2017, 11:47 AM
My favourite of the Ullr's.
On thing to think about though, is what does he throw in his melee stance for stage 5? Now that his axe is replaced with claws.

NUKA-COLA_KNIGHT
06-02-2017, 11:49 AM
He could use a screech as a stun

UrazogBullhart
06-02-2017, 11:50 AM
Ah, I didn't think of that.
Maybe it's some kind of ice projectile magic that comes from his fist like a spell.

Tauraugh
06-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Very good concept !

HyperianGhost
06-02-2017, 12:31 PM
Love the idea until stage 4 i prefer the older and badass ullr than a dragon, we have fafnir for that

UrazogBullhart
06-02-2017, 12:43 PM
The general concept was just him becoming a more seasoned hunter. I wouldn't mind ditching the tier 5 altogether honestly, I just like dragons more than I should.
I like the idea of him using cloaks made of the hide of the beasts he's slain as his trophies.

I've made some edits though. I did derail way more than I should have. Thank ya.

NUKA-COLA_KNIGHT
06-02-2017, 01:14 PM
"I like dragons more then I should" furry that want to fuck dragons confirmed? XD

Getsuga7ensh0u
06-02-2017, 01:20 PM
Maybe make the chestpiece and shoulderpiece adorned with the dragons claws or work them into the axes and the bow while he's wearing the dragons skull over his head. Also due to his age and experience as a hunter you could make him lean forward a bit as an elder man would or a hunter sneaking up on prey.

EparMaster
06-02-2017, 02:37 PM
I know this would take a lot of work and idk if this is even possible, but what if he wore the last god he killed? Probs not gonna happen, just wanted to throw it out there

LykhaioS
06-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Awesome, I was thinking more or less in the same lines, so heres my feedback.
I saw Ullr as a reluctant hero/hunter going from novice to master hunter, and the way to transmit that concept would be also by upgrading his armor and weapons with the trophies of his hunts; allow me to build on your idea:

Stage One: Ullr is a noname hunter starting on his journey without coin to his name. He wears a cloth tunic, a thin tattered cape that does nothing to keep out the cold, and basic boots. His axes and bow appear to be the only thing of proper value on his persons, but are still nothing special to look at. Ullr himself looks a bit younger than his default skin, sporting full brown hair with no hints of greying.

I would have him be some sort of peasant/farmer, wearing the bare minimun wool clothes, no cape and sandals; he is rather skinny. A hand Axe or a wooden hammer on one hand and a Sickle in the other, and a really simple hunting wooden bow, just as you put it, nothing special. Ullr appears to be around his early 20s, no sings of a beard and the full brown hair you mentioned.
The effects on his attacks should be simple air-line tracers, no sparks, but when activating his 2 a glimpse of yellow sun-like glow would appear, maybe the shot from his 1 would send appart some wheat spikes as it flies towards the target, and when the 3 hits the ground it shoould look like hitting some wheat field. The above mentioned hammer/axe would be used for the stunt of the 1 in the meele stance.

Stage Two: Ullr has become sort of a local hero, hunting wild animals as they become a hindrance to daily life. He fashions the hides of the fallen beasts for better armor. He now wears the pelt of a wolf, as a cloak, wearing its head above his own. Ullr now sports proper leather armor and sturdier shoes. The village has gifted him with a stronger bow and sharper axes as a thanks for his services.

For this stage I'm pretty much seeing the same things you described, proper boots, real combat Axes and a long-bow, finally a cloak made of the wolfs pelt, the quiver sports a paw taken as a token of victory, or maybe he wears it in the belt. The build of Ullr starts to beef up, he stops looking like a skinny boy and is becoming a muscular man. The color on the clothing is still remminescent of his peasant years,the leather has light colors still. A short beard has appeared on his face, perhaps a couple of scars across his body or face.
The effects on this stage should still be warm colors, but darker tones, orange/red instead of yellow; replace the wheat with autumm leafs, and the wheat field with a forest like landscape.

Stage Three: Ullr has gone out to the world beyond his village. Honing his skills and hunting more terrifying monsters as he seeks glory. Fashioned in the gear of a more experienced hunter, he wears dark leather armor, and thick leather gloves and boots. He now wears the hide of a great sabre cat as his cloak. He's now in possession of his yew bow and iron axes. As he's gotten older and wiser, some of his hairs have began to grey.

At this stage i'm right with you, the looks of and older, wiser man, beefier, maybe scared and somewhat bitter; the grey has begin to show on the hair and a now longer beard, darker tones on the clothing, instead of only a sabre cat, he has also slain many other predators and beast, the cloak consist primarily of a bear hide, the head as a hood, the wolfs head has moved to the right arm wristband, the saber cat's head is used as a shoulder-pad, a crow/hawk skull is shown covering the quiver, with said bird's feathers adorning the arrows.
The effects should either be red-blood or purple, winter leafs and branches crash on impact on the 3, while some feathers and leafs trace the arrows, a darker tone should be in the effects all-around.

Stage Four: Ullr is now a seasoned monster hunter. Having slain a dragon, he has hunted one of the most fearsome creatures to ever roam the earth. Both as proof of his deed and to honor the glorious fight the dragon gave him, his cloak would be replaced one last time. The hide and scales of the dragon now rest on his head and shoulders.

Stage Four (Alternate): Ullr is now a seasoned monster hunter. Having slain a dragon, he has hunted one of the most fearsome creatures to ever roam the earth. Both as proof of his deed and to honor the glorious fight the dragon gave him, he made armor and weapons from the dragon's remains. The dragon's white scales have been made into his armor. The bones, with the aid of steel, have been made into his bow and his axes. His hair and beard have notably greyed with age.

Finally for the forth stage Ullr has conquered the foulest and most magnificent beast, the apex predator must be shown. All the leather has been replaced with dragon scales, the former skulls/thropies remain in place, only switching the bear hood with dragon helm, placing the bear head on the other shoulder pad, paws, claws and theet from different beast may hang from his waist/belt; the bow and axes incorporate runes engraved or carved in them, glowing with mystic/magical energy. The boots and leg-pads are made of the dragons scales and talons. His looks are that of a trully seasoned hunter, grey hair all-around, he cannot look tired, but rather wiser, old yet in his prime; he looks a bit beefier due to the layers of dragon armor.
All the effects must switch to a gold and green combination, or silver and gold, mystic/magic energy sparkling from his arrows and meele blows, all must show that he is on top of the food-chain, a glorious hunter, finally GOD-LIKE.

And that's about it, I never thought of a fifth stage. My idea is to see him grow in age and skill.
Anyway that's my view, thanks for sharing your's and allow me to build upon it. I really hope this concept wins!

UrazogBullhart
06-03-2017, 08:20 AM
instead of only a sabre cat, he has also slain many other predators and beast, the cloak consist primarily of a bear hide, the head as a hood

My only problem with that it might remind people too much of his beserker skin. But otherwise I love what you built on this! It sounds pretty awesome.

Munad
06-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Very good concept !

EV1L
06-05-2017, 10:08 AM
His final form can be half human and half dragon.His melee is the dragon stance.idk just a thought.

WetSalad21
06-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Its a good concept but i have a few worries with it, A- ullr has 2 dragonhide skins already so a third could be excessive.
B- i feel this could get incredibly confusing if you have an ullr and fafnir in the same game XD but otherwise great idea.

EV1L
06-05-2017, 11:42 AM
Then making him have dragon half legendary warrior.