PDA

View Full Version : June 20th - The 7th Avatar Arrives

HiRezDrybear
06-20-2014, 04:41 PM
The 7th Avatar Arrives

New God: Rama

Passive - Astral Quiver

Rama’s Astral Quiver generates an Astral Arrow every 15s. Also, every basic attack that Rama lands will reduce the amount of time to generate an arrow by 2s. Astral Arrows are used with Rama’s other abilities.

Astral Strike

Rama switches to a more powerful arrow that pierces and slows enemies by 20/25/30/35/40% for 1s and deals 10/20/30/40/50 bonus damage. This ability consumes 1 of Rama's Astral Arrows with every shot. Rama cannot toggle this ability if he has no Astral Arrows. Cost 1 Astral Arrow.

Pick Me Up

Passive: Any time an enemy is hit by an Astral Arrow there is a 10/20/30/40/50% chance that an Astral Arrow pickup will appear on the ground (Only procs on the first enemy hit by Astral Strike). The pickup adds one Arrow to Rama’s Astral Arrow count.

Active: Rama gains increased attack speed 30/35/40/45/50% for 5s. Cooldown 15/14/13/12/11s. Cost 80/85/90/95/100.

Rolling Assault

Rama performs a roll in the direction he is currently traveling. After performing the roll, for 5s Rama's next in-hand attack will consume an astral arrow that cripples the target for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s and deals 20/40/60/80/100 bonus damage. Rama incurs no movement penalty during this shot. Cooldown 12/11/10/9/8s. Cost 70/75/80/85/90.

Astral Barrage

Rama launches into the air and shoots 3 powerful arrows at the ground, each successive shot increasing in damage: 50%, 75%, 100% of 250/350/450/550/650 +80% of physical power and decreasing in AOE size: 30, 20, 15. Cooldown 90s. Cost 100/110/120/130/140.

New God Skins

Ra-merica Ra

For each sale of this skin, $2 will be donated to the American Red Cross. This is a seasonal skin, available only until July 14!

Iron Gamer Thor

Purchases of this skin will support Amateur LAN Tournaments run by Iron Gaming (http://www.irongames.org/ (http://www.irongames.org/)).

Metal Carnage Fenrir

Valiant One Rama

Gold Osiris

New Ward Skins and Player Icons

East Island Head ward.

Sword in the Stone ward.

Added new “country flag” player icons.

Updated Cards

Anhur's Jungle King

Ao Kuang's Sacred Dragon

Hades' Bloodfire

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/MamVRpVhG8PQV47jqFxxENU54VE1Mm4WhwowiYR3SXzUQzMcwB AzjaE5z7IfiPgQVcbOWRizpBrTPAJG61tuwbMQKw4fEvfJhKY8 fB42oCWeTzv7YD-oN7rdGh57go9gBA

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/b2zyh_HEMm_3BVrivgdHaMRlfgH-8zb6cLiiL99bulsui4-8DiYqlhVegZhWkaRfjYiKLFGP36n666woRWy_II-r8saEZ0sFdE6q7vu2gY2cPfvHAwzRKQxpiELe-wC71g

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/ccmVfwhTq8IPz-D8oSK5ZjeqDRV4padxn9JyA-92sT9Oco4anjaBYV8zIQykBufQasDNskkPJ6SYk06XMjAbOojz hYASKbJLesCfEHYnNOJ8PnNhDD2faHWudsSoz_uELQ

HUD Customization

We have added new user customization controls for the in match HUD.

All previous HUD settings have been moved into the HUD Editor, accessible via the User Interface tab in the Settings menu.

In the HUD Editor you will find a control panel which allows you to select individual elements and control different aspects.

All elements have toggle visibility, are independently scalable, and several are moveable.

The Spectator HUD scale has been moved to the Spectator tab of the Settings menu.

Misc

Your new free god rotation is: He Bo, Geb, Sun Wukong, Anhur, and Bastet!

Account Security

To improve account security, we’ve added support for choosing a secret question and creating an answer.

All players that are level 10 or greater will be prompted to provide a secret question and answer.

Item Builder

The Item Builder now defaults opening to the Custom selection.

Fixed an issue with the Item Builder not showing the price for an item, if it had been purchased in the previous match. Wierd.

Fixed an issue with custom item builds not loading properly for different gods.

Fixed an issue with being able to clear the ‘Standard’ loadout in Item Builder.

You can no longer add duplicate items to the same category. NOTE: You can have the same item in multiple categories, just not multiple times in 1 category.

Hitting ESC on the Item Builder now properly closes it instead of the entire gods page.

Watching the Twitch stream will no longer mute match notification sounds while in fullscreen.

The post game lobby Time statistic now matches the game clock, rather than including the pre-match lobby and pre-game prep time.

Co-Op bots now stagger their loading to reduce the strain on lower end machines.

“Top Stats” Screen

Keybinding for this screen has been changed to T by default.

This screen displays XP/Gold differentials for the two teams, and who has top Gold, XP, and Player Damage for each team.

End Of Match Lobby

Fixed an issue in Practice and Co-Op where damage and healing dealt to AI controlled gods was not being treated as “Player” damage.

AI Controlled bots now show up in the End of Match Lobby scoreboards.

Fixed a rare bug where selecting a skin could cause issues returning to a game you were disconnected from.

When selecting a god, it will now play the voice of the last remembered skin.

Chat Input is now restricted to 140 characters, so you cannot accidently type over what the server allows and have your message rejected.

Fixed an issue where Items which grant power based on a % of another stat weren’t properly updating the scoreboard or end of match lobby.

League

Fixed an issue with Leaderboard sorting.

New art has been added for Season 2 Badges and Player Icons.

The rules around rapid-promotion have been adjusted, to not jump as aggressively on players with fewer games.

Fixed issue where some players promotion would not be saved properly

General Gameplay

All Game Modes

Modified match lobby to have the highest MMR player on a team always in the top position. This allows for 1st pick and banning in Leagues. All other members in match lobby are sorted in a random fashion.

Joust

Fixed an issue where 1v1 Challenge Queues were using the 3v3 Joust ruleset. Note that this only affects Challenge Queues, not 1v1 League.

Fixed an issue where 3v3 Co-Op Joust was mistakenly using the 1v1 ruleset, rather than the 3v3 ruleset. Note that this only affected Co-Op, and not Normal 3v3 queues.

For reference on the difference between the rulesets is that 1v1 Joust has:

Reduced respawn time.

No Deicides.

If a player disconnects, the match will be automatically forfeited after 2 minutes.

Siege

The Siege map has gone through an artistic overhaul.

Co-Op

Conquest is now available in a preliminary form. Significant work is still being done on AI.

Lobby Trading

When trading gods, the enter key will no longer accept trades. Hitting Enter will let you still chat while a trade is active on your screen.

You can no longer trade with a person that has declined your trade request. (NOTE: Is not enforced in Custom Matches)

Fixed a bug with Taunts that would cause camera pitch to stutter. Players can now freely pitch the camera while taunted, but cannot turn it.

Fixed an issue where players in stealth could be permanently revealed. We think we got it this time… seriously.

Items

New Item: Ancile

+20 Physical Power, +60 Magical Protection. PASSIVE - You permanently gain +.5 Physical Power and +.25% Cooldown Reduction per stack, and receive 5 stacks per god kill and 1 stack per minion kill. (max. 60 stacks). Cost: 2400.

Ancile is a new Tier 3 item in the “Enchanted Buckler” item tree.

New Item: Enchanted Buckler

+10 Physical Power, +10 Magical Protection. Cost: 820.

This is a new Tier 1 root item.

Polynomicon

Reduced magical power contribution to your next basic attack from 85% to 50%.

Round Shield

Added 5 Physical Protection.

Runic Shield

Physical Power increased from 20 to 25.

Moved to new “Enchanted Buckler” item tree.

Shield of Regrowth

Physical Power increased from 20 to 25.

Cost reduced from 2400 to 2250.

Moved to new “Enchanted Buckler” item tree.

Warded Shield

No longer provides HP5.

Cost reduced from 1610 to 1450.

Throwing Dagger / Golden Bow

Cost reduced from 1450/2480 to 1300/2330.

Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes

Apollo

Across The Sky

Fixed a bug that would cause Apollo to get stuck on the ground when activating his ult next to a Janus portal.

Artemis

General

Fixed the arrow not appearing in her bow if you hold down left click to continuously basic attack.

Transgressors Fate

Fixed the trap animation persisting if the root ends early.

Bacchus

Chug

Mana cost reduced from 50/80/110/140/170 to 40/65/90/115/140.

Chaac

Thunder Strike

Fixed a bug that caused the visual effect to continue if interrupted while casting.

Cupid

General

Updated targeters on the Lil’ Devil skin

Fenrir

Seething Howl

Physical Power Bonus increased from 10/20/30/40/50 to 10/25/40/55/70 per rank.

Ragnarok

Damage increased from 150/225/300/375/450 to 200/275/350/420/500 per rank.

Isis

Circle of Protection

The Fire Giant’s lava will now appropriately charge the Circle’s meter.

Scylla

Sic ‘Em

Duration reduced from 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0/2.25 to 1.15/1.3/1.45/1.6/1.75s.

Crush

This ability now has a minimum travel time of 0.5s when used close to Scylla. Previously, this was nearly instantaneous. The travel time at long range remains the same.

Hades

Devour Souls

Blight detonated enemies now deal 50% of the damage to enemy gods, but still do full damage to other targets.

Hercules

Strength from Pain

Updated ability icon.

Kumbhakarna

Mighty Yawn

Mesmerize duration reduced from 1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 to 1/1.5/2/2.5/3.

Mercury

Sonic Boom

Fixed a bug that caused him to run endlessly if cast from the spawn platform in assault.

Vulcan

Magma Bomb

Fixed missing impact sound fx and hit particles.

Xbalanque

Branching Bola

Being CC’d while Branching Bola is active will now deactivate it, and force it to be recast.

Zeus

Detonate Charge

Slow increased from 30% to 40%.

Kruption
06-20-2014, 05:01 PM
WOW Zeus gets a 40% slow but no love for Bastet this patch you all beat her bad with the Nerf stick when she was not like Hades where he have thee most wins she may have been on the lower end with wins as a god

Kellanved33
06-20-2014, 05:47 PM
So...we're just rebuffing warriors by proxy now?

Firellius
06-20-2014, 05:47 PM
First you nerf all the warriors and then you buff all their items?

Dafuq?

And Polynomicon getting a massive hit as well... What are you doing Hi-Rez? Are you trying to tune mages out and let the warriors back in to dominate the game again?

Please don't go through with this patch, it looks awful.

EDIT: To reiterate... We've had problems with warriors being too strong for a long time now. Only recently have they been brought into line. Now you release the Ancile, an item with offensive capabilities comparable to that of the deathbringer (Offering the max PP you can get per item, barring Transcendance. Add 15% CDR to compensate for the crit booster), you slap on 60 (Hefty) magic protection... And make it cost 2400.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

TopSword
06-20-2014, 05:52 PM
Patch is looking pretty solid. No bastet nerfs, no odin nerfs.....check check makes for a happy topsword. Watched the twitch reveal on this and it's GREAT. The range on the new gods ultimate is a tad much but beyond that he seems solid and pretty well balanced. MOAR LIKE THIS please. Oh and buff bastet and odin damn you!

Kellanved33
06-20-2014, 05:56 PM
And Polynomicon getting a massive hit as well... What are you doing Hi-Rez? Are you trying to tune mages out and let the warriors back in to dominate the game again?

Well that's what riot did, guess hirez just wants to cash in on that now.

Skings
06-20-2014, 06:09 PM
I love this patch, i think kumba could use a shorter mes duration still to be completely fair but other then that is nice to start getting out of the mage meta.

Filip990
06-20-2014, 06:53 PM
no Herc nerf lol

FeistyDeity
06-20-2014, 07:21 PM
To everyone saying that the new item undoes the nerfs to warriors, making them meaningless, you're wrong. Warriors were primarily nerfed duo to them being too good as supports. Solo lane always was a 50/50 split between mages and warriors. After the warrior nerfs, mages became too dominant in the solo lane. The only warriors you saw there were Herc, Vama and the very rare Chaac. What they gave us is an item that is tailor-made for solo lane warriors and increases their chances at success against mage lanes. It will NOT reinstate the warrior support meta.

Faiyth
06-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Oh, look... a polycon nerf. Meanwhile, hunters crits remain untouched even when they can burst down just as fast late-game.

LostScarf
06-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Rama Patch!

---Rama

Rama as a whole is definitely all about the basic attacks and using his ultimate to finish off escaping gods. He will certainly be a deadly force to deal with, the range on his ultimate makes up for the lack of CC to keep an opponent in place to beat to death. Can't wait to see him in play, especially with a support that can hold a target in place for him to really beat down.

---Skins

Ra-Merica: *sheds a single tear*

Metal Carnage Fenrir: Really cool looking skin.

---- Ward Skins

I honestly like how ridiculous these ward skins are, just too expensive for me personally. Absolutely love the Moai skin.

--- General Gameplay

They made it so that top MMR is always in the top pick position in any mode, this was what I was hoping to see. The top MMR show have the best idea on bans and picks, so they should be the one doing it, not a random chance of bottom elo having picks.

--- Items

Ancile: At full stack it gives 50 physical power, 60 magical protection and 15% CDR. I see this item mostly for physicals in the solo and mid lanes who have to fight magicals, that is most likely the reason why this item exists.

Polynomicon nerf: Definitely make bancroft the prefered magical item, will have to test who polynomicon will still be worth using it on.

Golden Bow cheaper, this is nice, but I don't think it will make it a prefered item over other items.

--- Gods

Bacchus: Chug is cheaper to use now. Bacchus is in a good place, the cheaper cost of chug will not make him OP, but it will certainly make him more dangerous.

Fenrir: Buff in physical power to his steroid and 50 points extra damage to his ultimate, certainly makes him deadlier, but I don't know if that will be enough for him to overtake the competition.

Scylla: Nerfed the duration on her Root/Cripple and now her Crush has a minimum .5s travel time. People have been crying for nerfs for a while and I think these are fine, scylla will still hit hard as hell, she just can't burst as fast and it will give opponents a chance to evade her.

Hades: I am not a fan of the Hades nerf, this is meant to curb his ability to absolutely destroy a god in the middle of a minion wave, but outside of that instance Hades just does alright. He falls off hard late and becomes more of a utility god for his team. Now he'll be great at maintaining a lane, but less of a kill threat making it fine to leave him alone.

KumbhaKarna: The .5s nerf on Kumbha's mez is something I figured would happen eventually. He'll still be an effective problem for people and tick people off, just a little less.

Xbal: Losing Bolas activation after being CC'd is just gonna be annoying, for no reason.

Zeus: Having a stronger slow...I don't know, losing Stun hurt him a lot. Gonna have to test him out a while to see what I really feel.

---Conclusion

Overall this was a pretty good patch, we have a new god; nice portraits and new skins. Most of the god changes were tune ups to bring them more in line with balance, pretty good tweaks for the most part I think. Hades is just the only one that worries me really.

CaesarCallaway
06-20-2014, 08:40 PM
First you nerf all the warriors and then you buff all their items?

Dafuq?

EDIT: To reiterate... We've had problems with warriors being too strong for a long time now. Only recently have they been brought into line. Now you release the Ancile, an item with offensive capabilities comparable to that of the deathbringer (Offering the max PP you can get per item, barring Transcendance. Add 15% CDR to compensate for the crit booster), you slap on 60 (Hefty) magic protection... And make it cost 2400.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

They are not used in many warrior builds is why and that they were bad. They did not do what they needed to do for the gold amount.

OlympianArchers
06-21-2014, 12:48 AM
Nerfing Poly was dumb

But Nerfing Hades? Who's fucking idea was that.

Nobody has ever said Hades needed any kind of nerf.

There is a reason nobody plays him in anything competitive.

Firellius
06-21-2014, 01:31 AM
To everyone saying that the new item undoes the nerfs to warriors, making them meaningless, you're wrong. Warriors were primarily nerfed duo to them being too good as supports. Solo lane always was a 50/50 split between mages and warriors. After the warrior nerfs, mages became too dominant in the solo lane. The only warriors you saw there were Herc, Vama and the very rare Chaac. What they gave us is an item that is tailor-made for solo lane warriors and increases their chances at success against mage lanes. It will NOT reinstate the warrior support meta.

But this is a blanket nerf to mages, blanket buff to warriors, and all of that to make mages worse in lane against warriors?

Why not just make mana regeneration more expensive? Smear it out over multiple items so mages get more mana regen troubles and actually lane less reliably? Why make THIS item, which is going to be a problem -everywhere-? Any warrior who is going to go up against a mage anywhere is going to build this. There's no reason not to. It's high physical power, high magic protection and a bit of CDR on top, and it's cheap. This is a no-brainer item for warriors and would even be a no-brainer item for a hunter who's getting bullied by mages.

This item is going to affect way more than the laning phase. If you want to tackle the laning phase, deal with the laning phase. Don't give blanket nerfs and buffs. Ancile is going to be a problem.

MTGEl33t
06-21-2014, 05:32 AM
Can somebody explain to me where this Hades nerf is coming from? My friend is threatening to quit because of it. I understand he's a guardian, but he is inferior at being a guardian compared to others, his damage is what, at least to me, made him any usable.

ToBeWolf
06-21-2014, 05:52 AM
According to HiRezBart, Hades has the most wins out of any god in the game. In every game mode. In every level of play.

...I am not kidding. Straight from his mouth. They HAD to do something to him simply because he had more wins than every other god in such a wide range.

MTGEl33t
06-21-2014, 05:57 AM
According to HiRezBart, Hades has the most wins out of any god in the game. In every game mode. In every level of play.

...I am not kidding. Straight from his mouth. They HAD to do something to him simply because he had more wins than every other god in such a wide range.

Can I get a video/link to this? Not saying I don't believe you, I am just curious.

ToBeWolf
06-21-2014, 06:07 AM
Can I get a video/link to this? Not saying I don't believe you, I am just curious.

In the patch notes video. 1:26:27 he starts talking about Hades.

If I'm allowed to, the link should be here. http://www.twitch.tv/smitegame/b/540288898

That's the Twitch recording of the patch notes.

Firellius
06-21-2014, 06:14 AM
Can somebody explain to me where this Hades nerf is coming from? My friend is threatening to quit because of it. I understand he's a guardian, but he is inferior at being a guardian compared to others, his damage is what, at least to me, made him any usable.

Quite frankly, I don't think this was aimed at Hades specifically, but more at Devour Souls. And honestly, being able to deal around 200% of your MP in a single blow was a bit of a problem. I played MP Hades in Arena, and it's really, really not uncommon for him to OHKO. I took a Sobek down from 100% to 20 in one hit yesterday.

MTGEl33t
06-21-2014, 06:21 AM
Quite frankly, I don't think this was aimed at Hades specifically, but more at Devour Souls. And honestly, being able to deal around 200% of your MP in a single blow was a bit of a problem. I played MP Hades in Arena, and it's really, really not uncommon for him to OHKO. I took a Sobek down from 100% to 20 in one hit yesterday.

Well, I knew he had some great damage if built right but damn. The way I saw it though his lack of CC was made up by the damage. I don't know, but 50 percent sounds like a bit much. I'm out of school so idc to do the math to compare to what his damage would be so i'll just wait a few days and test in game. ^^

Firellius
06-21-2014, 06:35 AM
It's not his entire damage, just the bonus detonations. Meaning he gets +25% of his MP per target instead of 50%. I'd rather see him with something in between, but I'll have to see how viable mage Hades is before letting out any judgement over this change. 50% is a lot, but honestly, I don't think there's an excuse for the 1v4 I won, in which I OHKO'd two people, 50 to 0'd a third (All in one hit) and then almost made my escape.

FeistyDeity
06-21-2014, 06:47 AM
But this is a blanket nerf to mages, blanket buff to warriors, and all of that to make mages worse in lane against warriors?

Why not just make mana regeneration more expensive? Smear it out over multiple items so mages get more mana regen troubles and actually lane less reliably? Why make THIS item, which is going to be a problem -everywhere-? Any warrior who is going to go up against a mage anywhere is going to build this. There's no reason not to. It's high physical power, high magic protection and a bit of CDR on top, and it's cheap. This is a no-brainer item for warriors and would even be a no-brainer item for a hunter who's getting bullied by mages.

This item is going to affect way more than the laning phase. If you want to tackle the laning phase, deal with the laning phase. Don't give blanket nerfs and buffs. Ancile is going to be a problem.

It's supposed to deal with more than the laning phase, I think. Being able to deal with mages was only part of the problem. In fact, most warriors could still effectively hold a lane solo. They'd just be outpushed for the first minutes, which will still be the case because you can't actually finish this item right from the start.
-
Another problem was that most of them now had trouble to fit into teams. Mages were being more useful in the lategame, either for the major sustain that gods like Aphro and Ra give or the blatant endgame killing power of gods like He Bo and Chronos. Note that the only popular solo warriors left (Herc and Vama) are the ones that scale well to very well into the lategame. An item that makes them more powerful, especially against the class they're trying to compete with, is a logical move.
-
Maybe it'll put the already good warriors (especially Herc) into overkill. But I doubt it. In the end, it's an item that gives 50 power, 60 mprot, 15% cdr and a passive that works against you rather than helps you (though only for a limited period of time). Those are not insurmountable stats, and I think Gaia can actually still be a viable alternative if you're not looking to kill your opponent in-lane.

MTGEl33t
06-21-2014, 06:58 AM
It's not his entire damage, just the bonus detonations. Meaning he gets +25% of his MP per target instead of 50%. I'd rather see him with something in between, but I'll have to see how viable mage Hades is before letting out any judgement over this change. 50% is a lot, but honestly, I don't think there's an excuse for the 1v4 I won, in which I OHKO'd two people, 50 to 0'd a third (All in one hit) and then almost made my escape.

OH, I completely misread that. I thought it said damage. Period. That really isn't too big of a deal then. Ty for pointing out my stupid.

FlamingPhoenixz
06-21-2014, 07:59 AM
When will this patch become live? I am sorry I've just played this game a week ago so I don't know the regular schedule :D

LS95
06-21-2014, 09:07 AM
oh cool, thanks for the clarification.
That's not super bad then.

Gurahk
06-21-2014, 09:53 AM
When will the patch be going live? Seems like an exciting one.

Yivanna
06-21-2014, 10:14 AM
oh cool, thanks for the clarification.
That's not super bad then.

I still think it's super bad. Hades is my most played god, and usually I do ok with him, but lets be honest, that's the one trick he has. Getting an enemy god in a minion wave. We might as well nerf all other waveclears, because they can do to much damage if a god is stupid enough to stand in the minion wave.

While I agree that the damage was to much, nerfing the one thing he can do to deal damage, will hurt mage Hades a lot. And even if I would agree, that the damge should be lowerer, why did they not cap the number of explosions a god can be hit with instead? Hades 2 was buffed not to long ago, because his kit just doesn't compete.

If they had nerfed the 3 and did something about his ult, I would have no complains.

Firellius
06-21-2014, 10:41 AM
It's supposed to deal with more than the laning phase, I think. Being able to deal with mages was only part of the problem. In fact, most warriors could still effectively hold a lane solo. They'd just be outpushed for the first minutes, which will still be the case because you can't actually finish this item right from the start.
-
Another problem was that most of them now had trouble to fit into teams. Mages were being more useful in the lategame, either for the major sustain that gods like Aphro and Ra give or the blatant endgame killing power of gods like He Bo and Chronos. Note that the only popular solo warriors left (Herc and Vama) are the ones that scale well to very well into the lategame. An item that makes them more powerful, especially against the class they're trying to compete with, is a logical move.
-
Maybe it'll put the already good warriors (especially Herc) into overkill. But I doubt it. In the end, it's an item that gives 50 power, 60 mprot, 15% cdr and a passive that works against you rather than helps you (though only for a limited period of time). Those are not insurmountable stats, and I think Gaia can actually still be a viable alternative if you're not looking to kill your opponent in-lane.

I sincerely hope you're right. I hope it won't be as terrible as I'm imagining, with the complete revival of warrior dominance, or that they will just cancel or revert the patch the next chance they get.

There's bigger issues with the warrior class. Hunters are sustained DPS, Guardians are disruption, and Assassins are single target burst. Mages add one additional variable to the game (AoE damage) but can then range between any of the aforementioned classes. Some are good at sustained DPS (Nu Wa, Freya, Chronos, Zeus), some are disruptive (Poseidon, Agni and via Zoning, characters like Ao Kuang and Vulcan), some are assassin like bursters (He Bo, Agni, Hel).

Warriors... They're kinda similar. They're somewhat assassin-y, but then they're also pretty hunterish with a dash of guardianism. I don't think the warrior class is actually a good addition to the game. You can see what happens with them, most of them are simply dumbed down versions of other classes, that usually outperform them due to having more reliable damage. Chaac's essentially a mage, Tyr an assassin, Nemesis was very clearly an Assassin, Sun Wukong a Guardian. Warriors and Mages are much alike in that regard, but with a problem.

Warriors are tanky. Tankiness is an unholy invention that needs to be avoided like the plague. Guardians exist because they're necessary, they actually facilitate more play because they don't have to be afraid in case of a staredown. But in general, tankiness only means one thing: I sacrifice my ability to do anything to you in order to make you unable to do anything to me. It stifles interaction.

Which is why Warriors are a problem and Mages are less likely to be so. Warriors can feel incredibly unfair due to their tankiness. Mages? Yeah, they burst you down in a second, but they die just as quickly. Every encounter largely relies on the skill and tactical insight of the players. Not so much with Warriors, who are simplified to the point where all the responsibilities are shifted onto the defending player. "I'm in your face. What are you going to do about it?"

Quite frankly, I think warriors are going to be far too difficult to balance. They're either going to be too strong, or too weak. They're either going to completely annihilate mages (League of Legends) or be weaker than them (Alleged current state of SMITE).

AllknowingWolf
06-21-2014, 04:52 PM
I don't get how they're making another patch live when they still haven't completed the last one...o.o Unless they're adding what they missed...plus the new stuff. And so much tall about hades nerf, we all know hes one of the weaker guardians right?

DarkMits
06-21-2014, 05:26 PM
This patch would be great if, with the changes and additions that will take place, there was also another item introduced to fill a glaring gap: Magic Power + Physical Protection. The only item that might be worth is Breastplate of Valor (550 mana, 75 phys prot, 25% cdr), otherwise you build an item that gives physical protection and no other stat that can directly be translated to damage (unless you play a magehunter and build Witchblade)

Also, as a player that likes mages, I am actually glad about the Polynomicon nerf. Not very rare to have it hit you for 400+ damage after you've just eaten a 1000+ ulti. Players rushing it as 2nd item because it was too useful even with as low as 100 magic power. Now more items will be open.

Enskai
06-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Hades doesn't lack CC. He has plenty of crowd control it's just staggered in efficiency due to the blight passive.
Which is what makes him rather clunky as a support.

Baphomelt
06-21-2014, 09:06 PM
... Another skin for Ra and Thor. Those two have a closet while gods like Mercury and Hel are still waiting for over a year. Not to mention Arachne who has a premium skin but lacks a recolor one. :(

Good patch tho.

And it seems like Rama's going to be annying as hell. His ult is like Freya + Wukong with more range.

HastyPudding
06-21-2014, 10:35 PM
This is the dumbest f*cking patch I've seen yet.

- You nerf warriors, then buff their items and make them much stronger and able to resist magic attacks? Who came up with this stupid idea?

- You remove the Wall of Absolution several months ago (the only magic power/physical protection item that existed), greatly nerfing the defenses of mages and removing their best and only protection against the ridiculous surge of critical builds. Now you add an item, for physical character, not only greatly boosts their damage and increases their CDR, but gives them a massive boost to magical protections? What the f*ck kind of stupid crap is this? Have you completely lost your minds?

- Nothing has been done about the absurdity of these left clickers in the game who do nothing but buy 2-3 crit items and faceroll over anyone who comes near them. BUT, you nerf polynomicon. Really?

I am increasingly becoming more and more convinced that you guys know nothing about balance and you do nothing but conform to the whiny masses of hunters and assassins that dominate this game with their overpowered items.

bupating
06-21-2014, 11:55 PM
I am INDIAN guy and i have one advise that our new god RAMA spell should be RAM only .

Finkr3gh
06-22-2014, 12:19 AM
Ancile <- Wtf is that ?

And in next patch pliss Add item witch + 50 power + 60 phisic resist and 15% atack speed

With this type of ideas we will soon see Bruiser with 250 Def / 200 + Ad

Nigadry
06-22-2014, 12:43 AM
This is the dumbest f*cking patch I've seen yet.

- You nerf warriors, then buff their items and make them much stronger and able to resist magic attacks? Who came up with this stupid idea?

- You remove the Wall of Absolution several months ago (the only magic power/physical protection item that existed), greatly nerfing the defenses of mages and removing their best and only protection against the ridiculous surge of critical builds. Now you add an item, for physical character, not only greatly boosts their damage and increases their CDR, but gives them a massive boost to magical protections? What the f*ck kind of stupid crap is this? Have you completely lost your minds?

- Nothing has been done about the absurdity of these left clickers in the game who do nothing but buy 2-3 crit items and faceroll over anyone who comes near them. BUT, you nerf polynomicon. Really?

I am increasingly becoming more and more convinced that you guys know nothing about balance and you do nothing but conform to the whiny masses of hunters and assassins that dominate this game with their overpowered items.

i cant agree more, they have character like loki,fenrir, and nemesis made to destroy mages but keep their crit and nerf the mages BEST item? whats next nerfing tahuti? lol. I think hunters need their own item set because its not fair that hunters can use the same stuff assassins and warrior use. assassin and hunter just stack crit and its game over..

Kellanved33
06-22-2014, 12:48 AM
i cant agree more, they have character like loki,fenrir, and nemesis made to destroy mages but keep their crit and nerf the mages BEST item? whats next nerfing tahuti? lol. I think hunters need their own item set because its not fair that hunters can use the same stuff assassins and warrior use. assassin and hunter just stack crit and its game over..

It's looking more and more like they just want to remake smite into league of legends. Even with a buff to bacchus, my fave god so far, I really find my enthusiasm for smite diminishing with each passing patch.

NijiKoi
06-22-2014, 04:02 AM
The 7th Avatar Arrives

Transgressors Fate

Fixed the trap animation persisting if the root ends early.

I've been playing around as Rama, and had decided to practice with him in the Conquest map. A few minutes in, I noticed that the enemy team's Artemis' trap was going off. For infinity, with no one in it.

Now, I don't know if this part will be fixed when the actual patch is put in, but I just thought I'd let you know. Also, when the enemy Ymir walked immediately out of his fountain, he was stuck in a frame of his animation until he used an ability.
And when using Rama's ult inside a mana camp on Conquest, or any other place with a cover up top, the screen had a black overlay. I don't know if this was JUST for the position I was in, but yeah...

Just a few bugs I thought I'd alert you to, Dry.

Take em or leaf em.

De1icide
06-22-2014, 09:40 AM
the fact that you thought "wall of absolution" was an item worthwhile building should disqualify you from the forums automatically.

also you QQ about hunters actually being able to come online in the lategame due to fullbuild, but want mages, who can oneshot ppl in early and midgame already, to have an item that with one left-click takes half of the health of everyone who isnt a tank. and then you have the balls to question their understanding of balance. haha

Firellius
06-22-2014, 10:43 AM
the fact that you thought "wall of absolution" was an item worthwhile building should disqualify you from the forums automatically.

also you QQ about hunters actually being able to come online in the lategame due to fullbuild, but want mages, who can oneshot ppl in early and midgame already, to have an item that with one left-click takes half of the health of everyone who isnt a tank. and then you have the balls to question their understanding of balance. haha

Here's the issue: Hunters and mages are sort of vying for the spot of primary damage dealer. Hunters are weaker because, although they may have higher damage potential lategame, they ramp up slower. I'm fine with them getting better early games if they lose a bit of lategame power in exchange.

However, the nerf given to mages is one that lasts all game long, not just early and mid. A different way to resolve this would've been to make the coefficient of Polynomicon dependant on user level. Keeping at 85% at max rank, and make it lose 2% per level below 20? That way you'd end up with 47% at level 1 and gradually level up the Polynomicon.

Danakal
06-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Hello Hi-rez !
So here I had already contact you for information and I had a very good very satisfactory answer. Today I want to ask you another question, a question about the details of a character, that of Rama. I saw live on Twitch and I found it great I can not wait to try it but a small thing (a big thing for me) saddens me quiver. The artwork (just gorgeous by the way) and two loading cards Rama, we see many quiver in the back (which is something quite normal when looking at drawings illustrating Rama) but when you see 3D model in. .. well ... the quiver is on the hip. I know this is just a detail and I do not wish in any way to criticize your work, but for me the details in a video game really matter much and that is a detail that bothers me and that must surely grieve several others. I find that not to quiver in case the myth of Rama and all the more strange when you see the inconsistency of the artwork and loadings cards ..
Here now, I really do not think my comments / suggestions or took into account given the work that has been provided on Rama but ... I just wanted to prevent it because I really love SMITE (and details about the games also ^ ^ ') and Rama I find much more stylish with the quiver in the back and not at the hip.
Well, good luck to you for the future, you do a great job

Overload86
06-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Hi there developers and fellow players,
I've just started playing a little over two weeks ago and am enjoying the experience greatly so far.
My question is just: When will this patch be implemented? Since it is June the 22nd now, I was just wondering if you have a special patch day or something. The thread title says June 20th, so I just assumed that would be it.

To my fellow players I want to ask: Is it really that hard for so many people to learn a foreign language? I myself am not a native English speaker, but considering the grammar and spelling of some of the posts on this forum is just killing me. Trying to decipher what Danakal for example tried to say was an ordeal that took me WAY longer than it needed to. If you're just not fluent enough in English that is ok, I would personally try to improve, because it's a vital skill in many jobs and helps in communication especially on the interwebs, but on the other hand I think many people are just sloppy; writing down what comes out of their head, no proofreading, no punctuation, sometimes no sense whatsoever. To those: Get a grip, your opinion is far more likely to be heard if you take the time to articulate your point of view.

Thanks for reading whoever got this far. ^^

Wishing for a great community that lasts a long time,
Overload

Danakal
06-22-2014, 01:25 PM
Sorry for not being clear but I'm not English and therefore I do not speak the language very well, I try to be as clear as possible with some knowledge that I have and I have a hard to speak a foreign language to mine. It is true that I have forgotten a few words and punctuation are certainly not the same as in my language, but this is not a reason to make fun of a person Overload ....

Firellius
06-22-2014, 03:09 PM
I've just started playing a little over two weeks ago and am enjoying the experience greatly so far.
My question is just: When will this patch be implemented? Since it is June the 22nd now, I was just wondering if you have a special patch day or something. The thread title says June 20th, so I just assumed that would be it.

To my fellow players I want to ask: Is it really that hard for so many people to learn a foreign language? I myself am not a native English speaker, but considering the grammar and spelling of some of the posts on this forum is just killing me. Trying to decipher what Danakal for example tried to say was an ordeal that took me WAY longer than it needed to. If you're just not fluent enough in English that is ok, I would personally try to improve, because it's a vital skill in many jobs and helps in communication especially on the interwebs, but on the other hand I think many people are just sloppy; writing down what comes out of their head, no proofreading, no punctuation, sometimes no sense whatsoever. To those: Get a grip, your opinion is far more likely to be heard if you take the time to articulate your point of view.

Overload

Patches are usually launched on Tuesday/Wednesday.

The problem is that a forum is not a good medium for learning a language. Whereas in a direct conversation, you get immediate feedback ("Did you mean...?"), on the forums that step is omitted entirely due to people figuring it out for themselves. You can't really learn the finer points of the English language on a forum.

RidersofRohan96
06-22-2014, 07:33 PM
How much would the Ra-Merica skin cost. The standard 600 gems?

Firellius
06-23-2014, 03:05 AM
How much would the Ra-Merica skin cost. The standard 600 gems?

It's 500 on PTS. Meaning you get to keep 100 for a fancy icon!

Iluvatargr
06-23-2014, 04:01 AM

Overload

That was a harsh post. It is indeed very hard to learn a foreign language and one should not be critical about it. The ability to be fluent when speaking in a foreign language depends on many things: It is trickier for people that their native language is vastly different than the English one for example (that's why most Asians are having a hard time with English). Age also is a huge factor. One should not expect from a 15 year old person to be fluent at anything:P. It also comes down to a person's ability to learn a language which varies greatly and has nothing to do with how clever the person is. There are even studies about this matter.. I'm speaking English since the mid 90s and as you can clearly see I'm still not as good as you are in it. This has nothing to do with my education or my general ability to communicate with people. It is just hard and one should never be critical about it:)

Vossil
06-23-2014, 07:57 AM
Still no auto-level customization? Gg, I'll wait another two weeks then.

SeductivePower
06-23-2014, 11:02 AM
Where is the custom auto lvl?? I thought they bring it back...there are so many threads about it.

But ok..better nerf poly first....gg - not

SeductivePower
06-23-2014, 11:14 AM
This patch would be great if, with the changes and additions that will take place, there was also another item introduced to fill a glaring gap: Magic Power + Physical Protection. The only item that might be worth is Breastplate of Valor (550 mana, 75 phys prot, 25% cdr), otherwise you build an item that gives physical protection and no other stat that can directly be translated to damage (unless you play a magehunter and build Witchblade)

Also, as a player that likes mages, I am actually glad about the Polynomicon nerf. Not very rare to have it hit you for 400+ damage after you've just eaten a 1000+ ulti. Players rushing it as 2nd item because it was too useful even with as low as 100 magic power. Now more items will be open.

Actually only 1 item will be open, cuz nobody will buy poly any longer. 50% is far too little. The item was great...Hi-Rez makes a lot of mistakes the last few weeks.

TERMINATOR951
06-23-2014, 05:16 PM
The main thing i want to see is some better health and mp5 items like warmogs (league) in smite there are no items for the warrior class that gives more health than 400 and there is only 1 item that gives hp5 and health (stone of gaia)

Kellanved33
06-23-2014, 06:33 PM
The main thing i want to see is some better health and mp5 items like warmogs (league) in smite there are no items for the warrior class that gives more health than 400 and there is only 1 item that gives hp5 and health (stone of gaia)

Oh look, a league of legends player who wants better items and buffs for his bruisers so they can do in smite what they've already done in lol, ruin the game. How about no.

Firellius
06-24-2014, 01:29 AM

They should not risk it. They're already taking a considerable risk with the Ancile, they should not do this as well.

GoIdschuss
06-24-2014, 04:20 AM
I don't quite see the problem yet. If you take away stats from a warrior and give it to an item, that means you Need to buy this item
in order to get the same stats back as before. This creates an item dependancy for this warrior so he is not as tanky by just his stats anymore and can't spend it on other items

it wouldn't be needed anyway since League has true damage and this can only be countered by building HP. Smite only has physical or magical damage

KingScuba
06-24-2014, 05:21 AM
JESUS christ, look at anciile.

What the hell hirez???

60 magic defense
50 physical power
and 15% CD????

ALL FOR 2400????

Dear god, you just made everyone jizz themselves and created a new tier 1 item that will be bought at all times. I can understand 30 physical power, and 10% cd, but JESUS, 50 freakin power???

Other items that get you 50 power usually cost upwards of 2800 to 3600.... What the heck?

CrazedBeef
06-24-2014, 06:23 AM
not much love for hades. plus that poly got smashed on there definitely making it worse for mages

Enfoirax
06-24-2014, 06:27 AM
Zeus to op.

Xeroxing
06-24-2014, 06:54 AM
why buff fenrir why do you hate us huh why

Meteraon
06-24-2014, 10:20 AM
A Chang'e main here. Both the Poly nerf (which was one of the key items in my build) and introduction of Ancile (to make tanky Warriors destroy me even more) have greatly weakened my playstyle. I'm a sad panda :<

Arrancar88
06-24-2014, 12:43 PM
That siege map update killed my FPS, I was running siege at 30-45 FPS and now it is 20-25...even lowering settings did not help...

Overload86
06-24-2014, 12:48 PM
I just want to clarify that I wasn't trying to hurt anyone. Re-reading my post it dawned on me that it is indeed very harsh. ^^ So sorry for that.
Maybe I am lucky for being German (which in itself might not be that much different to English as some other languages out there) and being raised with computers around me that, at the time, all ran on English operating systems, so I learned it at an early age...
Now I feel like a bully :(

Nightr0d
06-24-2014, 03:21 PM
why buff fenrir why do you hate us huh why

that's sarcasm right?

SirbananaJack
06-24-2014, 04:18 PM

Polynomicron has been nerfed cause it was good on every mage and not only those who really use theyr basic alot , actually on scylla using her root + a poly basic you could deliver massive damage still saving your crush and that wasn't so great .
My most used god class is mage and i think this patch is great don't be so negative and enjoi the game

Nigadry
06-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Polynomicron has been nerfed cause it was good on every mage and not only those who really use theyr basic alot , actually on scylla using her root + a poly basic you could deliver massive damage still saving your crush and that wasn't so great .
My most used god class is mage and i think this patch is great don't be so negative and enjoi the game

sort of like the way every assassin or hunter uses crit right? like rage and deathbringer? but only the mage items gets a heavy nerf and physical also get a brand spanking new item with CDR?

AllknowingWolf
06-24-2014, 05:06 PM
Two patches promising co-op conquest...neither delievers. at least we have rama and ra merica...

Corolinth
06-24-2014, 10:40 PM
JESUS christ, look at anciile.

What the hell hirez???

60 magic defense
50 physical power
and 15% CD????

ALL FOR 2400????

Dear god, you just made everyone jizz themselves and created a new tier 1 item that will be bought at all times. I can understand 30 physical power, and 10% cd, but JESUS, 50 freakin power???

Other items that get you 50 power usually cost upwards of 2800 to 3600.... What the heck?
Heartseeker and Devourer's Gloves grant 75 and 60 physical power respectively and cost 1950 and 2050.

Firellius
06-25-2014, 01:35 AM
Heartseeker and Devourer's Gloves grant 75 and 60 physical power respectively and cost 1950 and 2050.

Heartseeker doesn't hold charges like the Ancile.

Devourer's Gloves grants that and a bit of lifesteal, but that's not as much defensive power and no CDR either.

EDIT: Every 50PP or higher item is focused offense. Only devourer's glove adds sustain and that sustain is entirely dependant on more offense items. The Ancile though is a hybrid item which simultaneously reaches top in PP and achieves a very high score in MPr. In other words, it is simultaneously a focused offense and focused defense item.

With CDR smacked on top of it and a pretty low cost.

DarkColton
06-25-2014, 04:01 AM
Honestly, I can understand the Polynomicron nerf. I really do. I main Nu Wa, but that nerf just hit her right in the face. I relied heavly on Polynomicron. Yet you nerf it because a mage can "one shot" a player. First of all, there isn't ANY mage that can one shot a player. Second, if you're gonna nerf Polynomicron, then nerf Hydra's Lament. That item is basically the physical equivalent of the Poly. Since Poly got a nerf, there's no point in using it anymore. Especially with the Ancile. Like The hell? Really? Give them an Item that boosts Damage and gives them a ton of Magical Protection. Solo lane mages are now dead. I can no longer solo Athena, I can't go on a murder spree with Nu Wa or sneak all their towers and phoenixes while they're trying to storm our base. I can't even solo the fire giant anymore :mad: that alone pisses me off. I prized myself on being able to solo the fire giant. Get ready for all mages to get rolled by Warriors, Assassins, and Hunters now.

Yukuai
06-25-2014, 08:23 AM
First of all, there isn't ANY mage that can one shot a player.
HeBo Ult?
Ra Ult?
Ao Ult?

It depends by how the lane goes :)

I'm also worried about the nerf of Poly (I'll put it in almost all mages build) but I've to try the new versione: 50% of the bonus is good enough maybe.

Firellius
06-25-2014, 09:25 AM
HeBo Ult?
Ra Ult?
Ao Ult?

I'm also worried about the nerf of Poly (I'll put it in almost all mages build) but I've to try the new versione: 50% of the bonus is good enough maybe.

That lane needs to be completely lost to begin with for those ults to OHKO the enemy, with Ao Kuang's being the most likely.

DarkColton
06-25-2014, 09:19 PM
HeBo Ult?
Ra Ult?
Ao Ult?

Honestly, if you're stupid enough to stand in those ults then yeah. You deserve to die. But in order for those gods to get a one shot ult. They have to have HUGE amounts of power. 3/4 of the time He Bo, Ao Kuang, and Ra use their ult as finishers if they're trying to get away. Plus, that's only if the player is stupid enough to feed them. Any fed god is gg.

honorflight
06-26-2014, 03:16 AM
I really like this update, ancile is a little op but not much

MiChAeLoKGB
06-27-2014, 04:25 AM
Hmm, so flags are for gems? Well, OK, but why only so few of them? I wanted to buy flag of my country (Slovakia), but its not there :(

Ps.:
I know lot of players from Slovakia and Czech republic that want the Slovak and Czech flag there.... Yeah, as its for Gems, maybe only half of them would buy them, but plase, next time when youll add more flags, dont forget about those two.

GoIdschuss
06-27-2014, 06:17 AM
Switzerland isn't there either.

And besides Slovakia and Czech are not playing in the world cup tournament

Xeroxing
06-27-2014, 09:47 AM
that's sarcasm right?

no its not it's not fun getting hit with a 983 brutalize

Nightr0d
06-27-2014, 10:11 AM
no its not it's not fun getting hit with a 983 brutalize

LOL dude. Brutalize is only half decent (not even close to great, you can escape the brutalize) early to mid game and that's IT. After that, AA do about 500-600+ dmg about 2x a second. As far as I can tell brutalize takes about 2s or more to do all 4 hits. Do the math, or test it out like me and you'll see that Brutalize will nerf your damage if you use it instead of AA attacks. Not to mention that with AA you get all the item benefits such as lifesteal etc...

Whenever I fight against a fenrir I LOL since this god is so weak and requires a lot of skill to play well. The "easy" tag is completely wrong. I could make a list of why he under performs (actually I will do that soon :D).

MiChAeLoKGB
06-27-2014, 09:58 PM
Switzerland isn't there either.

And besides Slovakia and Czech are not playing in the world cup tournament

Who cares? They should put there all flags, and dont tell me, its that hard to edit couple more flags to fit their design.

Ps.: the SKGaming is from Slovakia, so out replay played the launch torunament, but they forgot about our country :(

So sad, so sad.

pennywise94
06-29-2014, 07:31 PM
why you didnt make one of this country flags for colombia? you should....

Dillbob
07-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Honestly, I can understand the Polynomicron nerf. I really do. I main Nu Wa, but that nerf just hit her right in the face. I relied heavly on Polynomicron. Yet you nerf it because a mage can "one shot" a player. First of all, there isn't ANY mage that can one shot a player. Second, if you're gonna nerf Polynomicron, then nerf Hydra's Lament. That item is basically the physical equivalent of the Poly. Since Poly got a nerf, there's no point in using it anymore. Especially with the Ancile. Like The hell? Really? Give them an Item that boosts Damage and gives them a ton of Magical Protection. Solo lane mages are now dead. I can no longer solo Athena, I can't go on a murder spree with Nu Wa or sneak all their towers and phoenixes while they're trying to storm our base. I can't even solo the fire giant anymore :mad: that alone pisses me off. I prized myself on being able to solo the fire giant. Get ready for all mages to get rolled by Warriors, Assassins, and Hunters now.

Eh its ok still on AA mages. Hydra's Lament though isn't particularly great on anyone besides loki and he's not powerful enough to where it would need a nerf on him

DarkColton
07-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Eh its ok still on AA mages. Hydra's Lament though isn't particularly great on anyone besides loki and he's not powerful enough to where it would need a nerf on him

Anything could be "still ok" but the item is weak now. I can barely take out a god. It's pathetic.

Eienblitz
07-03-2014, 06:16 PM
I just have one little question isnt supposed the make put in a secred question/answer in this patch ? i was like lvl 28 when the patch was released and i didnt get to do that.
Is it just me, did i do something bad or are other out there with the same issue.

Plasmius117
07-11-2014, 12:55 PM
On list of incoming nerfs. . . hopefully.
Osiris, he can outbox anyone and he`s just op as heck.
Chang`e this one isn`t going to be nerfed because nobody plays here but she is very much OP, her 2 is literally Aphrodite`s ult.