PDA

View Full Version : Bastet needs a nerf. Patch 4.3 console

IgNiTeS-the_nite
03-14-2017, 12:21 AM
In the last patch bastet was already a force to be feared but now. My god hi rez, wheres the lube? Just got out of ranked match of joust against a bastet, hebo (a whole other story. 2 sec cooldown?? Really?!) And a chacc.

My main problem was bastet. Using brawlers beatsticks (reduced healing plus the bleeding damage from bastet. Fuck me) also bluestone pendent. This was just a huge F you to my face. Like i know yall got rid of her "backdoor" oower to take towers. (Even tho i experianced with it and shes still able to take down a tower with just herself and her ult) please hi rez. She was already good as she was.

ChrisRobare
03-14-2017, 12:25 AM
Hi-rez balances around conquest not joust. In conquest her early game power is made for her to snowball and get ahead but when everyone is late game. Despite her buff she still would've remained a backdoor assassin but with that out of her hands now she actually needs a sizable LATE (Not early) game buff to be the least bit relevant outside of pubstomps.

IgNiTeS-the_nite
03-14-2017, 01:16 AM
How can i counter her? Or am i just supposed to bend over whenever i see a bastet appears :(

ChrisRobare
03-14-2017, 01:56 AM
(Items will be more towards solo lane and mid lane as that is where assassin's tend to roam) You can counter her with some early defense that can be sold off later on. Start with Mark of the Vangaurd which reduces ALL damage by 5, which reduced her tick damage (the main part of her damage) by a massive amount. Then your next item plus boots is anything around this time though mark of the vanguard will start to wear off with it's protection. At this point you can use BOV (Breastplate of Valor) which is good on essentially everyone due to the stats, Jade Emperor's crown gives very good stats for its relatively cheap price, as well as Shifter's shield. At that point unless Bastet snowballed early on her damage should start to fall off.

To counter without items you can ward (IT IS NEVER A WASTE OF GOLD TO WARD!!) and try to do it around longer walls as Bastets tend to jump walls because of her jumpback. When you see her on the wards backup or if you're feeling risky you can try to bait out her abilities. If you find yourself face to and up shit creek run straight at her... then just keep going, I can't tell you how many times this has saved me(Not just from bastet) it confuses the crap out of peoples.

If you have a stun through your abilities then use it just before she jump backs. Her time she can stay without jumping is 4 seconds I believe. Without abilities bastet is just a cute squishy kitty in a whole lotta pain.