PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to mobas.

IXBlackWolfXI
12-18-2016, 12:52 AM
Anyway, here is what I typed in the original thread that their stupid machine put in the wrong forum:

Like I've said repeatedly, I'm beyond sick of mobas and don't want to play them ever again. But for some reason, I keep getting pulled right back in.

The reason I've deduced is simple. Its a psychological state called 'flow', where you're entirely focused on something that requires you attention.

Mobas in general are ideal for this. They're not pure strategy games where you can just lean back anytime and ruminate, but they're also not pure action games where you just mindlessly perform the same simple action over and over. Mobas (Smite in particular) doesn't let you sit back, you have to constantly focus and think about what you're doing. To put it simply, you're forced into a situation where you have to constantly think on your feet non-stop for half an hour.

Obviously if I want to be free of mobas, I need to find an alternative. But I don't know of any. I have strategy games and action games on my comp, but they just aren't like a moba which is both in one.

I would love to hear from someone who can suggest a far more pleasant game where I can achieve flow.

TheMoldyBanana
12-18-2016, 07:39 AM
There is an other games thread in off topic discussion that you can look at for possible games. Also, stop trying to trash the mods. You're just coming off as an asshole.

Goobis
12-18-2016, 09:05 AM
Maybe you should use the features of the forums to let the mods know that you need something done. I don't know, maybe shoot one of the five-six moderators a quick PM asking nicely to move your thread to the right area, or I know, report your thread asking it to be moved.

You have plenty of options to get a thread moved, just because you are too lazy to bother with a report/pm does not make the mod team trolls.

IXBlackWolfXI
12-19-2016, 12:41 AM
I report people all the time, and nothing comes of it, ever. And the last time I used the report function, I got punished for it. I did think about reporting my own thread just to get attention, but I figured I would just be punished for 'making false reports' again.

HerrRanma
12-25-2016, 11:16 AM
If you're using the word "ruminate" to describe strategy games, then I imagine you're playing turn-based strategy games? I suggest, if you're looking for games that:
doesn't let you sit back, you have to constantly focus and think about what you're doing. To put it simply, you're forced into a situation where you have to constantly think on your feetI suggest RTS games, a.k.a Real-Time Strategy games. These kind of games really put pressure on you to ensure that you're making every second count. Honestly, that's why I'm not overly fond of them. I prefer games that let me sit back and think. So I like Turn-Based Strategy instead.

The most popular RTS I know are Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 1 and 2. I really don't know many else, but I'm sure if you do research you'll be able to find more.

Of course, you could just mute all the players on your team and not have to worry about it. Or, even better, play co-op mode where practically no one ever speaks.