PDA

View Full Version : A Potato's goodbye

IrishPotato
09-15-2016, 06:54 PM
So looks like I'm the last of our generation to write this kind of post, and similar to Scuba mine may be a little lengthy, but not much.

Shorter than Miyo and Scuba, I've been a mod for just about a year. I started back in 2012 playing the game during it's baby stage, and seen the community grow exponentially since. Joining the forums around 2014, I've been on and off both online here and in the game. I've made many friends, and a good number of enemies, but overall the community has been amazing and an honor to be a part of.

Just recently over the past couple months I've undergone some large changes. A new job, moving to a whole different city, has cut down my availability drastically. I'm no longer able to moderate during the work day, and can only have my free time in the evenings. That being said, I'm not going to pretend that I can still do what I've done over the past year. My interests change from game to game, but I never fully quit.

My interests have been changing from games like Smite, to Black Desert (Scuba plays as well), Overwatch, and Guild Wars which has been a favorite of mine since 2005 (1 and 2). Like I said earlier however, I will not be fully leaving Smite, but I can no longer uphold the role I was given by Kaostic a year ago.

This has nothing to do with Smite, or HiRez, or the community. It's simply how I feel about doing other things. I have loved being a part of this team, and I will always respect HiRez, Kaostic and PonPon especially for the trouble they go through dealing with us :D . Some of the newer moderators, Magic, Azilo, and Rainbow have been a large contributing factor to this community's growth, and I hope that all of you treat them with the same respect that our generation received.

I'll be helping out here and there and will still be a part of our group chats, but my time as a moderator has ended. For old time's sake, civility lads, and carry on.

Good ol EDIT: At some point Pon will remove my blue tag, but who knows when that'll be :P

Azilo
09-15-2016, 07:10 PM
My potato king ;w;

I stand stead fast and take on the role.

Tallamueu
09-15-2016, 07:21 PM
My potato king ;w;

I stand stead fast and take on the role.

Az changes her gender to become the new king

RainbowSplat
09-15-2016, 07:56 PM
Peace man take care IRL and il trouble you here and there in the group chat :p

Goobis
09-15-2016, 08:18 PM
Farewell potato.

DarkFuma
09-15-2016, 08:23 PM
Goodbye Mr. Potato....*cries*

GongsunYiru
09-15-2016, 09:43 PM
Best wishes with your further endeavors. But you have to be kidding with this... the good members of this community need to stop resigning and leaving.

http://i.imgur.com/QUdk7lh.jpg

Azilo
09-15-2016, 09:51 PM
They've only stopped modding. But they stick around.

Dmantakae
09-15-2016, 11:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9_lfjQopU

Been fun potato.

Slaycrol
09-16-2016, 03:46 AM
Take care dude, and good luck on yer way :D

Kaostic
09-16-2016, 04:44 AM
Thanks for everything you've done IrishPotato - you've been a real asset to the moderation team :)

inferno18
09-16-2016, 07:40 AM
So many mods leaving .-.

Gudbai irish ;c

HiRezPonPon
09-16-2016, 12:39 PM
Thanks for all your help Potato and good luck to your future endeavours! <3

Outso187
09-18-2016, 09:15 AM
Goodbye my King.

Aurasai
09-19-2016, 02:36 AM
Farewell Potato. Good luck with all of your future endeavors!