PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking and blocked players

Soulito
03-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Ran into an issue for the first time yesterday since I've started playing ranked a few months ago.

Long story short, joined the ranked lobby, realized after a bit that I couldn't see two players' chat, and couldn't see it also in game. Ended up remembering I blocked one of the players due to past trolling and concluded the other guy was in the block box as well.

Mind you, it takes a lot for me to physically block someone (ie, press the little button post match to block). I was matched with the player I remembered several consecutive times in casual conquest, and after multiple games of trolling and continued tower diving, I just blocked him. I do not immediately block someone after a bad game; people have bad games all the time.

I thought blocking a player reduced chances of getting paired with said player? If not, block should not limit in game communication, that's what the mute button is for.

TL/DR: If blocking a player does not keep you from matching with said player; it should prevent communication outside of game only. You should be able to communicate with said player in game, and the mute button should only mute for the duration of that game only.

JesusHatesYou
03-27-2014, 01:52 PM
I believe you can still hear their VGS if you block the player correct? the block only applies to typed messages.

DesaCr8
03-27-2014, 01:56 PM
I believe you can still hear their VGS if you block the player correct? the block only applies to typed messages.

Not sure, but if it works the same as mute (which it looks like it does), you probably can't.

Soulito
03-27-2014, 03:52 PM
You can hear their VGS, yes, so that solves the problem of in game communication to a degree.

However, what it doesn't do, is allow you to communicate as a team during picks if you can't see their intended picks, because then you can't talk to them about either switching roles, or if you're laning together, what god you want to bring to the lane.

JesusHatesYou
03-27-2014, 08:10 PM
You can hear their VGS, yes, so that solves the problem of in game communication to a degree.

However, what it doesn't do, is allow you to communicate as a team during picks if you can't see their intended picks, because then you can't talk to them about either switching roles, or if you're laning together, what god you want to bring to the lane.

Very good point. I hadn't considered that aspect.

Pentargonite
03-28-2014, 01:51 AM
Ah what, I can still get paired with those ****es :(?

Zàngétsu
03-28-2014, 09:28 PM

This can ruin games and be the sole reason as to why you lose, not being able to communicate with players in a team game. It would be nice if they can implement your idea. or at least allow us to unblock someone while in the game.

Cherryblosom
03-29-2014, 01:22 AM
If i block a player, i never want to play with them again. i thought that it made matchmaking not allow them in the same group as you, this is sad news. &(

Mexican
03-29-2014, 01:05 PM
If i block a player, i never want to play with them again. i thought that it made matchmaking not allow them in the same group as you, this is sad news. &(
Oh man... Now i can't block every single person who is good at the game and just stomp noobs all day :(

Dmantakae
03-30-2014, 02:11 AM
If this were the case then I'd block every terribad player to lower my chances of being teamed up with them again.

Am I supposed to kappa now?