PDA

View Full Version : SMITE on Mac Beta - Feedback/Issues

Pages : [1] 2

HiRezAmanda
05-27-2016, 08:58 AM
If you're playing SMITE on the Mac through Steam, please leave your feedback or report any bugs you see in this thread!

For Frequently Asked Questions, click here! (http://www.smitegame.com/smite-on-mac-faq)

Known Issues:

- Vulcan turrets are sometimes invisible
- No purchase sound after double clicking items to buy
- Many god cards have no art
- Poseidon's passive bar is broken
- Does not have internal browser
- The ping sound is not working after the first ping
- God passive tooltip is undefined
- God lore displaying wrong language
- Buff timers show a square image
- Drop down to change language does not work
- Account info did not transfer levels to Mac
- Old account wont pass the long in screen, but when they make a new one it passes
- Having issues with logging into games then crashes
- Players having issues with controller on Mac build
- Game freezing while trying to log in
- Giant red line appearing on screen on minimum settings
- On minimum setting count down timer is flickering

StarKEC
05-27-2016, 09:57 AM
Smite is going great on the Mac.
For most Mac users, it may be difficult to use the F1-F4 keys unless they enable the "F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys" in their system preferences.
Other than that, everything is great.

Tym3kB0
05-27-2016, 10:44 AM
It doesn't open :( How can I fix it?http://s33.postimg.org/jfubp5jpb/error.png
I get this when I click "Play" in the smite launcher, which btw opens ok.

TanthalasYT
05-27-2016, 10:47 AM
Hi, I like so much Smite. I have question. Have you got thought publish Smite on Linux??

Tym3kB0
05-27-2016, 11:00 AM
On reddit people say that linux will not be supported in the near future vvgt :(

jaredkent
05-27-2016, 11:27 AM
Haven't played too many matches yet, just running around in Jungle doing a few tests here's what I've noticed.

Controller support is a bit screwy. Now I know OSX and XBO controllers don't work quite as smoothly as they do on Windows 10, so still looking into whether or not this is the controller drivers or smite. I've found that the movement joystick is inverted, move forward and end up going backwards and vice versa. Also appears not to have support for the triggers or the start/menu button. I'm lead to believe this is on Smite's end because the controller works fine in other games. Haven't noticed any other buttons working in correctly just yet.

Another issue I found is that when I "Exit Game", Smite will close but the icon will stay in my Dock and say that the application is still open. If I right click it tells me the application is not responding and asks if I want to force quit, which produces no results. This prevents other games from opening because Steam still sees Smite as open. Requires a hard reboot to remove.

Will post more as I find more bugs.

EDIT: Definitely on Smite's end with the controller support. I've detailed my experience with the three controllers I have below.

Xbox One Controller: Shows the previously mentioned results
- L3 joystick has forward and backward movement reversed
- No L2/R2 trigger support
- L3 button registers as "GAMEPAD START" in settings
- R3 button registers as "GAMEPAD BACK" in settings
- Back/View button registers as "R3" in settings
- Start/Menu button registers as "L3" in settings

Xbox 360 Controller: Showing the same problems, except no movement issues.

PS4 controller: Does have plug n' play support on OSX and doesn't require additional drivers, yet still has all sorts of problems. These are the ones I've noticed.
- Camera is constantly spinning to the left with zero input from controller
- It appears as though L2 cancels this out, which means L2 is what causes the camera to move to the right
- L2 appears to register as "GAMEPAD START" in keybind settings
- R2 registers as "GAMEPAD BACK" in settings
- R3 joystick has no control of camera movement
- No d-pad support
- L3 button has no support
- R3 button registers as "GAMEPAD DPAD UP" in settings
- Playstation button registers as "GAMEPAD DPAD DOWN" in settings
- Start/Options button registers as "R3" in settings
- Back/Share button registers as "L3" in settings
- PS4 Touchpad registers as "GAMEPAD DPAD LEFT" in settings

GreyCatMeow
05-27-2016, 12:09 PM
I cannot log into my account. It stops working while logging in.
http://i.imgur.com/ekdcKaW.png
I tried to download files again, I changed video options few times and nothing works :(

MrNummer1
05-27-2016, 01:06 PM
So, for whatever reason, my mac can't connect to normal matches. As the match starts, the game is loading, yet nothing is happening. Every players loading frame is showing everyone to not be connected or connecting to the game, yet i have no problem joining coop matches.

HillsideVillain
05-27-2016, 01:16 PM
Just wanted to say this is great!! Just replaced my computer with a MacBook and the only qualm I had was not being able to play Smite. (without going through a bunch of crap) My life is once again complete :-)

HiRezDrewpy
05-27-2016, 01:30 PM
So, for whatever reason, my mac can't connect to normal matches. As the match starts, the game is loading, yet nothing is happening. Every players loading frame is showing everyone to not be connected or connecting to the game, yet i have no problem joining coop matches.

I need a little more information on this issue. Could you tell me what your video settings are in game. Also can you tell me your specs of the mac you are using by clicking on the apple at the top left and go to about this mac.

HiRezDrewpy
05-27-2016, 01:42 PM
It doesn't open :( How can I fix it?http://s33.postimg.org/jfubp5jpb/error.png
I get this when I click "Play" in the smite launcher, which btw opens ok.

Have you sent a ticket in about this issue?

HiRezLancelot
05-27-2016, 01:55 PM
Haven't played too many matches yet, just running around in Jungle doing a few tests here's what I've noticed.

Controller support is a bit screwy. Now I know OSX and XBO controllers don't work quite as smoothly as they do on Windows 10, so still looking into whether or not this is the controller drivers or smite. I've found that the movement joystick is inverted, move forward and end up going backwards and vice versa. Also appears not to have support for the triggers or the start/menu button. I'm lead to believe this is on Smite's end because the controller works fine in other games. Haven't noticed any other buttons working in correctly just yet.

Another issue I found is that when I "Exit Game", Smite will close but the icon will stay in my Dock and say that the application is still open. If I right click it tells me the application is not responding and asks if I want to force quit, which produces no results. This prevents other games from opening because Steam still sees Smite as open. Requires a hard reboot to remove.

Will post more as I find more bugs.

EDIT: Definitely on Smite's end with the controller support. I've detailed my experience with the three controllers I have below.

Xbox One Controller: Shows the previously mentioned results

Xbox 360 Controller: Showing the same problems, except no movement issues.

PS4 controller: Does have plug n' play support on OSX and doesn't require additional drivers, yet still has all sorts of problems. These are the ones I've noticed.
- Camera is constantly spinning to the left with zero input from controller
- It appears as though L2 cancels this out, which means L2 is what causes the camera to move to the right
- L2 appears to register as "GAMEPAD START" in keybind settings
- R2 registers as "GAMEPAD BACK" in settings
- R3 joystick has no control of camera movement
- No d-pad support
- L3 button has no support
- R3 button registers as "GAMEPAD DPAD UP" in settings
- Playstation button registers as "GAMEPAD DPAD DOWN" in settings
- Start/Options button registers as "R3" in settings
- Back/Share button registers as "L3" in settings
- PS4 Touchpad registers as "GAMEPAD DPAD LEFT" in settings

Thanks for the details, will look into it.

JackFrost145
05-27-2016, 02:10 PM
When clicked the 'Play Now' Button On The Steam Store , It Does Not Start The Download For The Game . Please Fix It Thanks :)

MrNummer1
05-27-2016, 02:34 PM
I need a little more information on this issue. Could you tell me what your video settings are in game. Also can you tell me your specs of the mac you are using by clicking on the apple at the top left and go to about this mac.

Video settings are set to minimum.
I actually managed to join a normal assault game, and played without any problems at all. Then the match ended and I wanted to requeue, i get in a game and the game freezes in the loading scree ultimately forcing me to shut it down. I tried joining the game and the same thing happened, I shut it down again and i got a 60 minute deserter penalty.

Processor: 2,5 GHz intel core i5
Memory: 4GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Rekino
05-27-2016, 03:24 PM
I cannot log into my account. It stops working while logging in.
http://i.imgur.com/ekdcKaW.png
I tried to download files again, I changed video options few times and nothing works :(

+1, I'm having the same issue, the game freezes at that screen.

I tried to reinstall smite but that didn't work :-(

Someone have this issue too? and if someone could fix this, what's the way to do it?

Thanks.

Baseplate
05-27-2016, 03:25 PM
I am having the same issue, it stops here and doesn't go any further then crashes. I also get a message notifying me that "my login information is invalid. Please verify the user name and password." I know that I have verified my account and that I am able to login using my username and password on PC.

GreyCatMeow
05-27-2016, 03:26 PM
I also get a message notifying me that "my login information is invalid. Please verify the user name and password." I know that I have verified my account and that I am able to login using my username and password on PC. Exactly the same problem.

BeigeMidnight
05-27-2016, 03:32 PM
better to add Linux/SteamOS support. most of the Linux users can correctly determine, solve and share a technical issues without support help

GreyCatMeow
05-27-2016, 03:46 PM
I did it. I've created a new account and it logged in - proof

http://i.imgur.com/wXwuOAQ.jpg http://i.imgur.com/QzCef1H.jpg

I logged into my old accound on Hirez site and it told me that my account isn't verified.
I clicked on the link to send me a mail. I verified and I fina....

PROBLEM SOLV... ACTUALLY NOT.

I thought it'll work but I can log into my new account every time... this old still seem not to work. I asked my friend to log in on Windows tomorrow and I'll see if it'll do something. Because I didn't use this account since 2nd February of 2015 when I moved to Mac.

BastIntentions
05-27-2016, 03:51 PM
There seems to be an incompatibility with smoothmouse that seemingly results in the cursor moving in random directions at random times.

Baseplate
05-27-2016, 04:28 PM
I verified my account and it still doesn't like me. Keeps saying that I am not verified.

KidWither
05-27-2016, 04:37 PM
I keep on crashing while trying to play normal arena matches.

GreyCatMeow
05-27-2016, 04:43 PM
I edited my post actually that I still have this problem with my old account :/

Rekino
05-27-2016, 04:47 PM
I did it. I've created a new account and it logged in - proof

http://i.imgur.com/wXwuOAQ.jpg http://i.imgur.com/QzCef1H.jpg

I logged into my old accound on Hirez site and it told me that my account isn't verified.
I clicked on the link to send me a mail. I verified and I fina....

PROBLEM SOLV... ACTUALLY NOT.

I thought it'll work but I can log into my new account every time... this old still seem not to work. I asked my friend to log in on Windows tomorrow and I'll see if it'll do something. Because I didn't use this account since 2nd February of 2015 when I moved to Mac.

with a new account i can log in like u, but i can't log in with my old account.

I tried to log in my old account on a windows and it worked perfectly.... some ideas?

CarpetDuck
05-27-2016, 04:57 PM
Having the same issue as a lot of people.
My account isn't getting me passed the login screen, just freezes. Tried verifying as one person did but didn't fix it.

Made a new account and it works fine.

I'm guessing because originally my main account was logged in from Windows and played that does something server side to my account?

Hoping it's a simple fix.

MysAlexa
05-27-2016, 05:19 PM
I've been playing Smite on PC for a couple of years now and got a few friends to join in, but some of them only have Mac and couldn't play. I too have a Mac and was hoping to be able to play on my MacBook too.

I was undeniably excited to hear that Smite is now available for Mac OS X, but problem is, even though I do have a Steam account, it says that it's not available in my region yet (I live in Indonesia). Is there any plans of releasing Smite for Steam users in my region, or will the game and launcher for Mac be available separately from Steam?

BurningBurnsy
05-27-2016, 05:43 PM
I just had one quick question out of curiosity. I started playing Smite with the PS4 Beta and already have a lot of progress on that account. Is there anyway to connect that account with the Mac Beta so that I don't have to start from square one? I already have my PS4 account connected to my Hi-rez account, but it didn't transfer over for the Mac beta. So is there any other way to connect them?

kngkill3r
05-27-2016, 07:33 PM
When I hit play now it just crashes and work please fix

Ohsias
05-27-2016, 07:50 PM
Every time the game starts I either get kicked out from the loading screen and have to log in again or it freezes at the loading screen forcing me to manually restart my Mac. Hope this is fixed soon

Mastergalen
05-27-2016, 08:16 PM
The native resolution of my Macbook Pro 2015 is 2880x1800.

The max. resolution Smite will allow me to select is 1440x990.

Arayo
05-27-2016, 08:44 PM
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

Not available in Indonesia?

Chiny21
05-27-2016, 08:51 PM
When I finally thought my problems were gone:

"An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region"

Why?! :(

Aldrex
05-27-2016, 09:42 PM
I have been playing smite since beta on pc and am now putting it on mac, when i try and log in I make it all the way up to where it says it is logging in with credentials, this bit hangs and i get the spinning ball as soon as i click the log in before it. Is there any reason why this would happen, my friends computer is completely fine.

icoltus
05-27-2016, 10:08 PM
I launch the game from steam, then I log in for the first time and after that, I hit play, then I have to log in for the second time but this time the game shows this message:

Logging in with your credentials, please wait.

And then, the games frozes.

throny
05-27-2016, 10:59 PM
So excited! Game works great with a couple of things to note:

Limited screen resolutions but that's already been noted by others

The game crashes consistently when I'm on a loading screen and I switch over to another app (especially chrome) using mission control.

On a more insignificant note, the buff timers look weird on the mini-map. I noticed this on joust and arena but I'm sure they're in other places too. http://i63.tinypic.com/15x5ro7.png

whathehel
05-27-2016, 11:06 PM
Always stuck in loading screen. Even reboot the game or the device, still cannot load into the game.

HunterMOO
05-27-2016, 11:27 PM
I log in and the server is unknown i dont know whats wrong. my firewall is off

JackFrost145
05-28-2016, 12:04 AM
Can it be made available for even all the People in Steam will be able to access it ?

WiseNINJAWOLF
05-28-2016, 12:21 AM
Every time I try to download, it says "SMITE is not available on your current platform" HELP

ImAeternalis
05-28-2016, 12:50 AM
Hi, I like so much Smite. I have question. Have you got thought publish Smite on Linux??

Linux and Mac share a common ancestor, so it may be coming in the future. I very much expect it since hirez seems to be focusing on putting smite on every platform they can.

EDIT: Everyone that's having verification issues, make sure that there isn't something on your computer blocking the connection to hirez' servers. (I'm not 100% sure how mac works, I'm sure there's some sort of proxy settings).

C4theSlime
05-28-2016, 04:26 AM
When i join custom games or go to the list of custom games, the game instantly crashes. Also, sometimes when i join a normal game the loading screen pops up, but doesn't actually load me in the game. I got deserter for this, which was annoying.
My specs:
El Capitan version 10.11.2
iMac
Processor: 2,9 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M1024 MB

I hope you can fix all the bugs soon.
~Maarten

GreyCatMeow
05-28-2016, 05:40 AM
The game is crashing a lot in matches in random moments.
When I played Ymir I saw that overlays of skills before you use them were bugged on minimal video options, the same with mini map.
Some video options works better on high, some on minimum, sometimes minimum makes it work worse lol.
These are things I saw yesterday.

EDIT:

I also don't have 80% of sounds, I mean They exist but they don't always play. SFX of gods and voices.
And I can't see my ping and fps what is very bad so I don't even know if it's lagging because of my computer or internet and I cannot edit video options to make them work well

JimmytheRustled
05-28-2016, 05:55 AM
So far the beta is going good for me, however, i'm facing one issue. Every time i activate ragdoll physics, it automatically turns off the moment i leave the setting menu. IDK if it's my mac or it's a bug, but i want to see minions flop around in funny poses :(

icoltus
05-28-2016, 06:19 AM
Now it gets stuck at waiting for game data.

MysticAvox
05-28-2016, 06:22 AM
I have the same issue, connecting the account and starting up the game goes fine, even queueing works great. Until the moment the match starts loading. You see the loading screen and the player cards but the game just freezes from that moment on.

bilalo
05-28-2016, 06:25 AM
I downloaded this yesterday so here are the 3 main issues:
1) if I alt tab out, I can never go back in, don't know why but its as if the window doesn't exist anymore, will try to put it in windowed mode instead but that isn't good because the os system runs more and thus leading to slow.
2) I force quit and reopen, it automatically takes me in the game which isn't loading so i couldn't play, would be better if you allow us to press reconnect like in Dota 2 or LOL rather than automatically because maybe I need to change the setting so the game could load but you won't give me the chance.
3) the login is annoying, we put one outside, then inside again from steam...
4) It freezes in the game quite a bit, I have a top end rMBP with the NVIDEA 750M 2 GB so it shouldn't.

Just focus on the first two please, especially so I can log out then back in, even though I could mid game, I can't during loading stages or others.

tallwakiedude
05-28-2016, 06:49 AM
My Mac specs are:
Mac OS X Yosemite - 10.10.5
Processor 3.4 GHz intel Core i5
Memory 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 180M 4096MB
(Its almost 2 years old)

So far I've had 3 issues though 2 were similar.

1. Actually logging in was failing.
Entered username/password on first screen and selected login
Then play on next screen
Then for a few seconds I had a screen similar to GreyCatMeow (shown above) before it reverted back to another screen asking for username/password again. Underneath these it said 'Player Disconnected'
No matter how many times I re-entered the details this kept occurring.
Rebooted Mac, shut down all other programs (except Steam) and rebooted router but still the same. Left the house for about 6 hours and when I came back it was working.

2. Actually logging in was failing due to the game crashing/freezing
Same as problem 1 except that when the 'Login, waiting on game data' box appeared the game crashed/froze so couldn't do anything but tab out and force quit the application (the Mac Activity Monitor shows Smite as using 100-120% of the CPU and that it's not responding)
Tried rebooting everything, shutting down other applications but it made no difference. Again I left it for a while and it let me log back in.

3. This one seems to occur all the time, game crashes/freezes when attempting to join Normal matches (probably similar or same as MrNummer1 above).
If i try to play Co-op vs AI games they are fine but if I attempt to join a Normal match (currently I've only tried Normal Arena) then the game crashes/freezes after the character selection screen. It occurs either at the initial loading screen where it hangs or if it actually loads me into the arena it occurs within the first few seconds. Again the Mac Activity Monitor shows Smite as using 100-120% of the CPU and that it's not responding

AezDrop
05-28-2016, 07:46 AM
I have encountered 3 problems:

1. Login seems to always fail the first time and succeed the second time.
2. I just can't get in a match, it always stays on the load screen or crashes.
3. There is a weird color glitch when looking at the disc-graphs on my profile.

DinoRawrxOwo
05-28-2016, 08:07 AM
So i have a iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2014) 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
i run games really well on this and i run smite really well but the last few games i been stuck on the loading screen, like the diamond never lights up even like after 5 minutes. and then i end up getting put on deserter penalty. Please fix this, i know its the beta but i don't like getting penalties over something i have no control over

CaptBoreale
05-28-2016, 08:15 AM
Mostly works fine for me apart from the sound not working properly (e.g. VGS not playing the sound).
Also, had one arena game yesterday (having played 10ish before) that I never loaded into and everytime I quit out and reloaded smite it still wouldn't load me in. My Friend that was in game said it kept saying i was joining then leaving then joining etc. I then got a 30 min deserter penalty.

TheSilentLink
05-28-2016, 11:01 AM
I played 1 match and my game froze 3 times my specs are: iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013) 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB. Is there a fix?

Nhizzy
05-28-2016, 12:03 PM
When playing Hou Yi, every time I use Ricochet the client will freeze for an indefinite period of time. I have verified this after multiple reconnects. I can use all other abilities except for Ricochet, and the second I use it the client will freeze.

advsdfbwsfvs
05-28-2016, 12:19 PM
While setting up my new Smite account (on my mac), I made and account and verified my account and double checked my password. But I couldn't make a player name, for what ever reason no name works I have tried tons of names (not to mention accouple just to test if it was an issue) (gibberish names) but whats more surprising is it wouldn't tell me what was wrong with the various names I had chosen.

Please help.

advsdfbwsfvs
05-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Ignore this post i accidentally posted the same thing twice

BlueKP
05-28-2016, 12:33 PM

I'm having this same problem and what is happening is that it has the screen where everyone is loading in but then it seems to freeze/crash and then you try to restart the client to come across the same problem. also when i try to join because of this problem i have been getting the 'deserter' punishment and right now i have it for 2 hours.

Just saying whenever i manage to get into a game I run it fine
[specs]
OS X Yosemite
version 10.10.5
iMac (21.5-inch, mid 2011)
processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

AYizzle
05-28-2016, 02:27 PM
I can download the game and start it up fine but once i log in (when the actual client is open) it always gets stuck on the "waiting on game data..."
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? It just freezes after that.

BlueKP
05-28-2016, 03:46 PM
personally I've had this problem and all I had to do was wait it out. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure what to do, sorry.

throny
05-28-2016, 04:16 PM
so the crashes are getting more and more consistent. 1 in 3 games I start. If I crash during god selection, I get the deserter penalty (I'm up to 120 mins now). If I crash during the load screen or mid-play, I can re-enter.

This happened to me for a couple of games too:
http://i64.tinypic.com/2vwsbih.png
I'm sure it's a bug and not a feature. The game crash soon afterwards

Hauno
05-28-2016, 05:08 PM
Like everyone else, it keeps crashing whenever I'm trying to load into a game. It's just stuck there, frozen. Realllyyy hoping for a quick fix. :/

advsdfbwsfvs
05-28-2016, 05:33 PM
While setting up my new Smite account (on my mac), I made and account and verified my account and double checked my password. But I couldn't make a player name, for what ever reason no name works I have tried tons of names (not to mention accouple just to test if it was an issue) (gibberish names) but whats more surprising is it wouldn't tell me what was wrong with the various names I had chosen.

Please help.

If you notice The "spam like" name, that is due to this bug and it ruined my account.

A way to reset this would be much appreciated.
and I would hate for this to happen to anyone els's account so if someone could please resolve this issue.

jaredkent
05-28-2016, 06:01 PM
iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)
Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.5
Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB

A few new issues and observations. Much like many of you, I'm getting the occasional crash. For me it appears to mostly be within the first minute or two of a match. Allowing me to reconnect and play the rest of the match with no issues. It has happened in the game lobby as well though, which obviously means no reconnect and a deserter penalty. I do have the Problem Report saved from my most recent crash that I could send to Apple, if this is any use to HiRez, tell me where to email it and I will. Too long to copy and paste here

The other observation is that Curse doesn't appear to work as seamlessly with Smite. I have no in-game overlay or controls. Yes I can set up a call and play a match, but nothing in game. I show up in other users friends list and it appears as though I'm not on Curse, so no in game call. I have no in game overlay either, both players in the call or the call/mute overlay. Everything needs to be done by tabbing out of Smite and doing it in the Curse app.

Also will we see any notes of hotfixes or patches to the beta so that we know when changes have been made and can report on new bugs, repeating bugs, etc.

instantmiso
05-28-2016, 08:57 PM
MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
Mac OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.4
Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Let's just get this out of the way. Yeah, I know this Mac sucks, but it fit my needs at the time and I know that I haven't updated to El Capitan yet which could potentially fix some bugs. And for the issues.

1. The Mouse
Whenever I hold left click, the mouse seems to just go in random directions as stated before. I could move my mouse to the right while holding left click and the cursor just goes in another direction. Using a rather old Razer Naga Hex.

2. The Lore
The lore is amazing.
http://i.imgur.com/6RNrHAR.jpg?1
I haven't look at all the lores, but I'm sure there are a few more like this.

3. Poseidon Gauge
http://i.imgur.com/NuguOnb.jpg?1

Azmytoobeast
05-28-2016, 09:21 PM
Haven't been able to get past the log in screen. Can anyone help?

BONE704
05-28-2016, 11:18 PM
Just downloaded steam and smite. From steam I click play, log in to the launcher, but when I click play the launcher closes but smite never opens. From the HirezLauncher, It shows servers: unknown.

OS X 10.9.5
2.2 GHz i7
4 GB ram
AMD radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Caloriena
05-29-2016, 12:08 AM
Loving the game just one problem, my frames are very low and it makes playing it very difficult.

advsdfbwsfvs
05-29-2016, 12:12 AM

Please help.

I made a second account so that i could use a more desirable name but i got the same issue my first account for what ever reason is now functioning but is operating under a name that is a side effet of this bug please if i could get some help on how to fix my second account!

"GeneralSquiggly"

DragonGatling
05-29-2016, 12:15 AM
launcher opens fine, but when i click play the game doesnt open

Icywolfxx
05-29-2016, 02:07 AM
Started off good then when i tried to play the 3rd tutorial game the game shuts down. I couldnt play a game with my clan either with the game not responding in the loading session

UltraPrime
05-29-2016, 02:07 AM
Having a lot of issues here.
Im able to play custom games with all bots completely fine but when I tried to play a Conquest game, it took me to the player loading screen and just stopped there. Wouldn't take me into the game no matter how long I waited and Im still stuck on that loading screen as we speak. When I minimise and check the icon it says application not responding. It even doesn't let me log in sometimes saying that my login details are invalid. Ive force quit Smite multiple times and tried to get back into the game but it just leaves me on the player loading page.

Edit : Trying to log in now and it wont let me. It keeps saying "Player Disconnected" at the bottom of the Username and Password page for Smite. Please help.
http://prnt.sc/b9q09d

MaKaB
05-29-2016, 03:25 AM
Deserter for 240 min cause the game can't stop freezing every 2 min, need patch note like now...

juliettBR
05-29-2016, 04:50 AM
Aw, somebody has news about the freeze loading screen problem? :(

It isn't fair bcs I've been banned 3 times just trying to play with my mac.

Swissjackson
05-29-2016, 09:12 AM
I have the same problem, it keeps freezing in the loading screen in normal games

II LEVIATAN II
05-29-2016, 01:11 PM
I live in Mexico and in the steam store on mac says that it isn´t available in my region, why is that?

StarKEC
05-29-2016, 01:40 PM
I have run into two major problems. I have seen that a lot of others have as well.

1) The game has been lagging really badly in-game, making it almost unplayable.
It sometimes fixes itself after five minutes of the game have passed.

2) The game freezes at either loading screen or in-game.
After logging back in, I got a deserter penalty.
I'm afraid to keep playing because I don't want to get banned for reasons that are not my fault.

Because of these problems, a lot of players are getting banned for no reason.

Several Mac players are having these problems and I am hoping that they are being looked into.

I'm hoping that there is a hotfix for it as soon as possible.

StarKEC
05-29-2016, 02:26 PM
Another issue is the game crashes when trying to create a custom Siege game.

http://imgur.com/F6kcfXI

http://imgur.com/3lrD8GT

Enjoint
05-29-2016, 02:47 PM
Same issue here tryng to log in with my old smite windows account now steam on my mac says SIMTE IS RUNNING but is actually not :(

Vites
05-29-2016, 02:50 PM
Hi i have same problem ;/ i waited 10 min and i got dc with 240 min deserter ;/

http://imgur.com/a/0RqwY

tgpely
05-29-2016, 04:58 PM
I guess I'll have to start off with a warning: my macbook pro is old, 2011-ish, with an integrated graphic card and all that stuff that usually makes running games really really awful. If what I've been experiencing has something to do with my crappy specs then I'll probably just deal with it myself.
Now then, the problems I've had are more of a server issue... I think. Between yesterday and today I've been kicked off the match even before it started at least a dozen times, out of maybe twenty matches total. More than 50% of the time the game freezes at the loading screen with all the cards of the chosen gods, and there's nothing I can do to get back in the match. I've tried several times to come back online but it never worked, and lately - meaning this afternoon/evening -, to add insult to injury, I also got the Deserter malus twice. 60 minutes and 110 minutes respectively. I get that it's a beta and the game is running on a not so high-perfomance laptop, so I'm not complaining. Just reporting what I've experienced and hoping for a solution- if there's one in my case.

Also, I'm sorry if it was already been said somewhere before, but a lot if not all the lore readings look like
THIS (https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/13296171_10201628030298953_606737098_n.jpg?oh=e166 8ecf00cfc712f1c8665067bc25df&oe=574CE106).

Kensiii
05-29-2016, 05:08 PM
Loading screen issues with any normal map apart from joust and arena and my deserter has gone through the roof due to not being able to connect.

Totem69
05-29-2016, 05:54 PM
My Mac specs are:
Mac OS X Yosemite - 10.10.5
Processor 3.4 GHz intel Core i5
Memory 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 180M 4096MB
(Its almost 2 years old)

So far I've had 3 issues though 2 were similar.

1. Actually logging in was failing.
Entered username/password on first screen and selected login
Then play on next screen
Then for a few seconds I had a screen similar to GreyCatMeow (shown above) before it reverted back to another screen asking for username/password again. Underneath these it said 'Player Disconnected'
No matter how many times I re-entered the details this kept occurring.
Rebooted Mac, shut down all other programs (except Steam) and rebooted router but still the same. Left the house for about 6 hours and when I came back it was working.

2. Actually logging in was failing due to the game crashing/freezing
Same as problem 1 except that when the 'Login, waiting on game data' box appeared the game crashed/froze so couldn't do anything but tab out and force quit the application (the Mac Activity Monitor shows Smite as using 100-120% of the CPU and that it's not responding)
Tried rebooting everything, shutting down other applications but it made no difference. Again I left it for a while and it let me log back in.

3. This one seems to occur all the time, game crashes/freezes when attempting to join Normal matches (probably similar or same as MrNummer1 above).
If i try to play Co-op vs AI games they are fine but if I attempt to join a Normal match (currently I've only tried Normal Arena) then the game crashes/freezes after the character selection screen. It occurs either at the initial loading screen where it hangs or if it actually loads me into the arena it occurs within the first few seconds. Again the Mac Activity Monitor shows Smite as using 100-120% of the CPU and that it's not responding

Having the same issues, plus the graphic settings that even if you set up the options as high or maximum, are shown as minimum anyways. The most normal issue is when trying to get into a match, the game just freezes and crashes after a while, sometimes showing that you're going to enter the match, sometimes showing that anyone is entering. Also, when in game, sometimes mouse moves too quickly and the screen goes laggy, so it's difficult to move and to play correctly.

My laptop is Macbook 2015, with 8Gb Ram, 256 gb flash memory, and I don't remember the graphics.

PS: I also notice that even if you have correctly written your username and password, is shown as incorrect and you have to manually get in the game.

NoahAtrid
05-29-2016, 07:33 PM
It's running perfectly for me but I have a question. Would you guys consider having more resolution options above the ones you have right now?? Cause I'm playing the game in the max resolution provided that is 1440x1000 something but since I'm on a 15" retina macbook pro it looks really pixelated because it's a too low resolution when compared with the screen itself.

Thank you for all the support and for making playing the Smite on a mac Finally Possible. You're the best :D

kzels14
05-30-2016, 12:34 AM
My game won't load past the card screen before a match on my mac

dudeguy313
05-30-2016, 01:43 AM
Having a similar issue, it gets stuck on the logging in page, where it says it's verifying credentials but after that it doesn't move. I have a MacBook Air Intel i5 1.6Ghz Intel HD Graphics 6000. I see that a lot of people have this issue. I was wondering if anyone knows what causes this issue.

UltraPrime
05-30-2016, 04:33 AM
App stops responding when trying to load conquest game.
This has happened multiple times now and if I get banned for this its really going to ruin the gaming experience. Please look into it soon guys.

RadishQueen
05-30-2016, 06:09 AM
Seem to be getting freezing problems along with others. It's happened at least 3 times for me, everytime not disconnecting but a total freeze that starts with the graphics then the sound. When looking at the task manager during, it seems to be registering it as "application stopped working" so it's not a crash due to it not automatically closing and giving crash dialog, just a massive freeze that doesn't come out of it. I have the settings set relatively low for fps sake, with highest being textures at medium, don't know if that has any bearing on it. Anyone figure this out? I skimmed through the thread but might of missed something.

Specs for this 2011 iMac
Processor: 2.7 Ghz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB

Totem69
05-30-2016, 06:49 AM
My laptop is Macbook 2015, OS X El Capitan, 2,7 Ghz Intel Core i5, 8Gb 1867 Mhz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1636 mb

I tried to play again today, but I'm having the same loading-frames-game-crash, besides of the sound issues, and the graphic pixelated.

PS2: My graphic options are these, but I'm experiencing the same issues when all of them are at medium/low :

World Detail - Max
Textures Detail - High
Shadow Detail - Medium
Shader Quality - High
Resolution - 1182x720
Particle Detail - High
No vertical Sync
No ragdoll physics
Antialiasing off

Netherpan
05-30-2016, 07:15 AM
When i try to type in my password, it stops working. It freezes when i type in one letter into the password box.

icoltus
05-30-2016, 07:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/WOtLvhH.png?1

I'm stuck at this, one time the message changed to "obtaining game data" or something like that but it just happened once.

xxIVIxx14
05-30-2016, 07:23 AM
http://s10.postimg.org/e0cb3dy8p/Smite_2014_05_23_19_23_43_21.jpg

Hey Smite-Team, I am playing Smite earlier for the PS4 for 2 months now and this game is unbelievable. I played over 170 hours on PS4 (ID: GamingZYZ) and I spend already over 400 Euro for the PS4. You can check it out at the history timeline how much I purchased.
######################################
Now I switched to the Mac Version.
######################################
I was playing this now for 6-10 hours and everything was working well. But at these times I have the same problem which was already told here. The game stuck in the loading screen before u can join into the session. Nothing is working to fix it. I spent also 100.- for the Mac Vision and I am going for spend more but Jesus Christ its very annoying if u can't join into a game which is already begun. I closed steam several times and restart my Mac but nothing can fix THIS problem. Thats the ulti of these issues. I was banned over 3 hours for deserter now because I wasn't able to join the session. Hopefully u are going to fix this BIG problem as soon as possible. Please Smite-Team I want to play this game so much but at these conditions it is not possible to play this game on Mac. I keep trying it but it will be nice to fix it guys.

Zephirchik
05-30-2016, 07:41 AM
Bags - 1) The game wont load arena and siege against other players it stucks at maps loading screen (while against bots works totally fine).
2) Cant write to a player the game stops responding after that
3) Sometimes the game stops responding while in the map and u get a deserter

xxIVIxx14
05-30-2016, 08:27 AM
http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/bildschirmfotooz2jd69tyk.png (http://www.fotos-hochladen.net)

it happend AGAIN....STUCK in the loading screen. I didn't use the chat or something it just happend after a arena match which I won. I am Ao Guang here. :confused::confused: 150 minutes deserter.

xxIVIxx14
05-30-2016, 08:33 AM
http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/bildschirmfotohg67d5l9bn.png (http://www.fotos-hochladen.net)
################
Nope..Guys If u want to play SMITE keep away from clash. I tried to join back to the session but STILL stuck.
#########################################
Deserter INCOMING !!
ASAP Fix this please.

xxIVIxx14
05-30-2016, 08:47 AM
http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/bildschirmfotoesxvh842bk.png (http://www.fotos-hochladen.net)

Here we go...
another great snap of a situation. I was in a fight against Scylla and I stuck. Great Game Guys.
GG!!

Chizburger
05-30-2016, 10:51 AM
Hey guys, is anyone noticing that cards for skins you don't own aren't shown unless you hover above them? Maybe it's just a glitch with my game.

Mimimi0
05-30-2016, 11:16 AM
Hey guys. Great work on Beta, however, there are a few bugs. FYI, i have a mac air, 1,3 ghz, i5, 4gb. OS - El Captain 10.11.1.
Smite crashes, like, A LOT. And I miss other languages support, like Russian. Futhermore, there is a huge problem with coding - the lore pages look like this (a screenshot attached). https://pp.vk.me/c630619/v630619000/3025a/vH6O7nbiA40.jpg

Ringading99
05-30-2016, 11:26 AM
Biggest problem for me at the moment is I'm unable to play normal arena, the last three matches have crashed whilst connecting after choosing a character and no amount of restarting will fix it. causing me to be constantly banned from missing matches so i haven't been able to play the game online most of the day. However, if i do get into a game the game runs brilliantly on medium/high settings.

I have iMac 3.2GHz i5, 8GB with El Captain

Q8fmmod
05-30-2016, 12:11 PM
Im having an issue where i join a god select screen, after that it freezes in the loading screen where all the god cards are shown.
I had a few games where i entered the match with no problemo, but for the most part it freezes in the god card screen. This started to happen today, when i downloaded it, it was perfectly fine.

pls help! :(

Totem69
05-30-2016, 01:03 PM
Are you guys sending the ticket service telling about the issues? Because I think that would be double effective than just posting it in the forum

BlueKP
05-30-2016, 01:38 PM
This is an edit from my previous submission (found on page 6)
it turns out that i am able to connect to normal games perfectly fine.
However, when i try to play with friends in a party it then has the problem stated before (that i freeze/cannot join the game) and this then gives me a deserter penalty. I would also like to state that this happens the majority of the time but there are lucky occasions where i am able to play with friends (very rare occasions)

HyperBeam01
05-30-2016, 03:17 PM
I thought I'd just like to add in my problems I've discovered while playing the SMITE beta for Mac. Here are a list and some explanations: Lore is encrypted. Basically some of the lore is literally just a bunch of scrambled letters. Pictures are black screened until hovered over. All icons and skins can not be seen until you hover over and the hover window pops up. Another thing is lag throughout the jungle in conquest in some areas and in general losing connection and no this is not an internet problem. I have been banned a couple times because i left a match simply because I couldn't actually join in. All in all, I love SMITE. I'm a level 30 on xbox starting on mac. These problems are annoying and stop me from playing sometimes, but once fixed it'll be great.

BlueHighlander
05-30-2016, 03:21 PM
Thanks for putting Smite on mac!

However, often in matches the game freezes and I have to quit. That means I get a deserter penalty. Another issue I'm having is that I often get stuck on the match loading screen. This seems to be affecting a lot of other mac users. This really sucks because I really am liking the game when I actually can play in a stable game. Heck, I spent $5 to buy the welcome pack but I can't even play because I get deserter bans for hours and hours. It kinda feels like a ripoff!

As soon as these issues get fixed you will have a supporter for life.

IvanDirtyNurse
05-30-2016, 04:02 PM
It is often heppens that Smite just stop responding while loading to any map. After i restarted the game it appears the same problem! Dont know what to do with this. I cant play more than one time per day without any problems with loading the map! Also there is a problem to chat with someone, the same problem appear!

djj113
05-30-2016, 06:33 PM
whenever i log in on my mac, it will freeze either after i take a step, or it will not let me move at all.

HiRezLancelot
05-30-2016, 09:56 PM
Quick Update and Request for additional information:

1 - we are reviewing the issues in the thread and will be working through them.
2 - for the issues where you are either a) crashing during a match or b) never loading in the match please submit the following information to http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/ask
i) Match ID for the match you played and what God you had selected(or would have played if you were able to...)
ii) Mac Specs
iii) What you had your video options set to
iii) Attach the SMITE log files from your Mac, directions for grabbing these are:

You will need hidden folders to be viewable. Input the following into Terminal and press return: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

Hold down the Option key and right click on the Finder icon, select "Relaunch"

With Finder open select "Go" from the top bar and select "Go to Folder"

You will need to know your username on the Mac. In the "Go to Folder" field enter: /users/<username>/library/application support/battlegame/logs

PandaWhistle
05-30-2016, 11:16 PM
Smite doesn't even load for me. I have the mac book pro i think 17 inch or 18 inch model, with all the specs it has normally. My issue is I click play, on the client and it doesn't even load to the opening screen where you can go to the store. I just get the spinning rainbow wheel on the Hirez Icon at the beginning...seriously I want so badly to play something other than league....please fix these bugs quickly so i can play with an okay community again.

Totem69
05-31-2016, 08:45 AM

2 - for the issues where you are either a) crashing during a match or b) never loading in the match please submit the following information to http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/ask
i) Match ID for the match you played and what God you had selected(or would have played if you were able to...)
ii) Mac Specs
iii) Attach the SMITE log files from your Mac, directions for grabbing these are:

You will need hidden folders to be viewable. Input the following into Terminal and press return: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

You will need to know your username on the Mac. In the "Go to Folder" field enter: /users/<username>/library/application support/battlegame/logs

I tried to search the log files but I couldn't, could you be more specific? I go to the Console but I don't know what to do there, and the only route that is similar to yours is "com.apple.xpc.launchd". After that, I'm totally lost. If you could send sreenshots with each of the steps, I think it would be easier. Thanks a lot and I hope you will fix this soon.

Anygays: About the god and the match, 4 of 5 were with Fenrir, and 1 with Chaac, and I only would play two of those, the other times was totally impossible.

FibreNexus
05-31-2016, 10:03 AM
Not able to access the page of the game on smite.
Error comes out as "An error was encountered while processing your request: This item is currently unavailable in your region"

Please open up to more regions so the world could join in on the game on Mac.

Btw, I live in Malaysia

jaredkent
05-31-2016, 01:39 PM
Just keep in mind guys that this is a BETA. So before you complain about the game not being playable, or that you purchased an in-game item that you now can't use, or your accruing deserter penalty time, or telling them to hurry up and bring it to you already, just remember it's only a BETA.

I know we've grown to see game betas as finished products and demos these days, but this is what a beta is like. We will see lots of bugs, the game probably will crash quite a bit, things wont quite work as planned for awhile. That's why HiRez is running a beta in the first place, so we can let them know about all these issues.

jaredkent
05-31-2016, 04:22 PM
Scrolling with the Apple Magic Mouse is pretty wonky. The slightest scroll immediately pushes you to the bottom of the list/menu. There is no middle ground or gentle scroll.

marques1408
05-31-2016, 10:19 PM
cant download somehow i can download it out of the steam?

OrganicKale
06-01-2016, 02:40 AM
Anyone Having issues with the game freezing and crashing when in game after you move?, it causes me to exit out and I have to go back in again and the same thing happens. I get penalties for this and its very annoying, having this happen to me multiple times. Also right now I can't even access the server. Hope fully this problem gets fixe, because I'm so happy Smite is on Mac.

dudeguy313
06-01-2016, 04:23 AM
Im having a different issue, as soon as the game launches it takes me to the in game login page with the "Warning: Version Mismatch". I've tried reinstalling it in order to get the newest version but it still says the game thing when I launch. Is anyone else getting this problem, or can anyone tell me how to fix it? I've tried clicking on the troubleshoot link but it doesn't seem to work from the launcher.

Vezwyx
06-01-2016, 04:38 AM
Im having a different issue, as soon as the game launches it takes me to the in game login page with the "Warning: Version Mismatch". I've tried reinstalling it in order to get the newest version but it still says the game thing when I launch. Is anyone else getting this problem, or can anyone tell me how to fix it? I've tried clicking on the troubleshoot link but it doesn't seem to work from the launcher.

Having same issue

Totem69
06-01-2016, 06:12 AM
Having the same issue as the others here. Update in Windows, but "Version Mispatch"

VikTorMain
06-01-2016, 06:32 AM
Same issue here, Would love a hirez employee to notice this issue as I've seen nothing about it on any social media and no answer on here.

KellyMiMa
06-01-2016, 07:12 AM
+1, having the same problem

fifou86
06-01-2016, 07:17 AM
"Warning : Version mismatch !"

MLEloy
06-01-2016, 07:43 AM
same problem ...

UltraPrime
06-01-2016, 08:26 AM
+1
Good to know Im not the only one facing the Version Mismatch problem.

iliasatmim
06-01-2016, 08:28 AM
+1, same exact issue, just downloaded it on my macbook air, "version mismatch".
But, I believe this happened because this morning that I played using my Windows, it had a hotfix for 3.9 and I guess because Mac and Windows will share the same player pool, Mac Smite is not updated yet and that's why it's a mismatch.
Can you please update the Mac version please??? :D Thanks!
Looking forward to play this on Mac!!

Develle
06-01-2016, 08:52 AM
Same with everyone else, version mismatch. Bump thread for dev attention? <3

I got to play a few games yesterday, the crashes that happen in game or at game load in seems to be random. The first game I played was a custom which I didn't have an issue with, second was a normal arena with 4 other friends where the game froze at load in no matter how many times I relogged. Third was a solo queue in arena which went through fine. Fourth was a duo queue in arena where I kept crashing after ares ultied on me and once when I used my q (playing ra). Fifth was a duo queue in joust which crashed at the player connection screen but loaded me into the game after relogging which was then fine after.

I noticed that after each of these crashes the reporting went to apple instead of to hi rez, is there a way to have these crash files sent to hi rez instead so the cause can be found and fixed?

HiRezDrewpy
06-01-2016, 09:31 AM
Hey everyone Mac will be down for a few hours, we are working on getting back up as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

iliasatmim
06-01-2016, 09:56 AM
Hi Drewvek,
Thanks for the update. Just for future references, are you going to add the "Mac" category also here in the near future? http://status.hirezstudios.com/
Because it would be cool to see the status there and the updates etc.
Thanks!
Ilias

SketchRewind
06-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Hey Drewvek,

(Are there any updates on the issue or maybe an estimation of when we might be able to relog in? ) <=== i'm sorry! I thought 2:30 was 2:30 in my country (it's almost 6pm here now so I was wondering xD) but aparently it's still 3:10 .. so yea disregard my first question. :p

I also might've found another bug where, when I try to quit smite for some reason, mac & steam reads it as still active and have to basicly force shut it in order to actually quit, I'm not sure if that's a smite or steam issue though.

gl, on the fixes! ^-^

romanleader01
06-01-2016, 12:18 PM

I have been having the same problem recently... Hopefully they come up with a fix for these bugs soon

ssickened
06-01-2016, 01:18 PM
I'm having "version mismatch" issues I have uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't help and the trouble shoot link won't work either so i don't know what to do.

Totem69
06-01-2016, 01:59 PM
After the update, the issue with the in-game crash when loading the game, keep happening.

I tried with Arena, god Fenrir.

Dantroy
06-01-2016, 02:00 PM
So, I am just gonna drop this here. Smite is not on Latin American Steam, so I cannot play it. Could you make it available for all regions? Please? :D Thank you!!!

MnM434
06-01-2016, 02:31 PM
For some reason my mac can't connect to normal matches. And when the match starts the game is still loading but nothing happens and also every players loading frame is showing either they are connected or connecting to the game.
Can you fix this

Immortal9898
06-01-2016, 03:25 PM
I've been put into matches where the game constantly freezes whenever I get close to too many people. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, the match is unplayable and I can't assist my team in any way without the game freezing up. I tested this with a friend (both of us have macs) and it occurred to both of us in the same match, but worked again in another match. I'm curious if anyone else has had similar problems.

Edit: I think it may have something to do with Kali. I've only ever froze playing Kali despite the fact I play Bastet alot more.

whathehel
06-01-2016, 07:48 PM
The updated version still get the freezing problem...so disappointed

loldart
06-01-2016, 11:53 PM
Mine is doing the same thing apparently my "login infomation is invalid" then asks me to re enter it, when doing that I het stuck on loading in your credentials ? please helo

loldart
06-01-2016, 11:59 PM
Mine is doing the same thing apparently my "login infomation is invalid" then asks me to re enter it, when doing that I het stuck on loading in your credentials ? think this is the Old account wont pass the long in screen, but when they make a new one it passes" issue

xTyKo
06-02-2016, 09:07 AM
So far its going pretty well, i have had only 1 problem.
I am using a Macbook Air 13inch 2014 model
specs
OS X El Capitan
Processor - 1. GHz Intel Core i5
Memory - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics - Intel HD graphics 5000 1536 MB

Only problem is my mac overheats and the fan goes wild.
Smite uses so much of my CPU even with widowed and lowest settings.
And the only apps running in the background is steam and smite.

Overall great game, and i will play loads more after exams.
I hope in the future you can optimise and make smite less demanding somehow for macs.

P.S.i use smcFancontrol, when i play it gets up to 73ish degrees, and max 6500rpm.

edit- Keep up the good work

jaredkent
06-02-2016, 01:37 PM
So far its going pretty well, i have had only 1 problem.
I am using a Macbook Air 13inch 2014 model
specs
OS X El Capitan
Processor - 1. GHz Intel Core i5
Memory - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics - Intel HD graphics 5000 1536 MB

Only problem is my mac overheats and the fan goes wild.
Smite uses so much of my CPU even with widowed and lowest settings.
And the only apps running in the background is steam and smite.

Overall great game, and i will play loads more after exams.
I hope in the future you can optimise and make smite less demanding somehow for macs.

P.S.i use smcFancontrol, when i play it gets up to 73ish degrees, and max 6500rpm.

edit- Keep up the good work

I've been bootcamping Smite for about... 7 months now and only recently ran into the same issue. It seems like with one of the newer patches, don't remember if it was 3.9 or 3.8, my fan has started kicking into high gear when playing Smite. Seemed to have the same issue on Mac. Now this could have just been that with 3.9 we started finally seeing some significantly summertime weather, so it was a bit warmer in general. Don't know, all I do know is that it only happens when I boot up Smite, on both Windows and OS X. Just putting my Air Con in may solve the problem.

Kensiii
06-02-2016, 04:31 PM
I am attempting to play the game on my Macbook Pro and i'm having issues with loading into some games, and the game stays on loading cards. Im able to select a god but when i enter the game it just wont load me in.
Also recently i have received an error message saying i have been reported for Harassment, since i have barely got into any games and i don't like bming, I don't understand why this has come up. Maybe players have been reporting it because i haven't entered the game but that's not my fault. IGN: kensii
Macbook 13inch early 2015, Minimum graphics on all.

EROSED
06-02-2016, 05:51 PM
It seems every time I will play a game of conquest and everything is fine, except the next time I want to jump into another game I'm able to select a god and make it past the timers. Yet when I get to the part where I'm about to be loaded into a game, smite just crashes and I'm get a deserter penalty for it even thought I've never left a game in my life.

Khulim
06-02-2016, 06:45 PM
I also get the loading card screen forever. Then I get the deserter penalty. Is there a way to alleviate the deserter penalty for mac users until these problems are fixed?

JudahTheBuddha
06-02-2016, 07:28 PM
I also get the loading card screen forever. Then I get the deserter penalty. Is there a way to alleviate the deserter penalty for mac users until these problems are fixed?
I get the same thing, but I think I isolated the problem further.

Whenever reaching most any point regarding connecting to smite servers, my WiFi cuts. When I launch the game, WiFi quickly cuts out, dropping me from my Discord. I reconnect a few seconds later, go to log in, same story. Nothing shows on the home screen for me for what I'm guessing is announcements and skin sales/offers. Finally, I can't load into games because it infinite loops this disconnect. I think its the same thing.

Revaleds
06-03-2016, 07:10 AM
Hello, on my side I have a problem with the launcher Smite, servers are always in Unknown mode and when I click in Play my game crash

o8Stussy
06-03-2016, 07:17 PM
gotten about 7 deserters in total cause of this stupid loading issue...
already bought some gems and welcome pack but until this issue is totally fixed i don't even feel like trying to play this game, and buying the ult pack. and theres been an update but still nothing...
could atleast turn off deserter penalties for mac users cause it just makes this issue 69times worse...

DinoRawrxOwo
06-03-2016, 07:41 PM
this is getting a little ridiculous. You guys needed to have fixed this bug already with the loading screen crashes. AT LEAST REMOVE THE DESERTER PENALTIES FOR MAC USERS UNTIL THE PROBLEM IS FIXED

SaraClair
06-03-2016, 10:18 PM
i have no idea how many deserters ive gotten but its getting really old now... like disregard the skin art & lore being encrypted & please just make it able for us to play...

reobebo1
06-03-2016, 10:34 PM
The beta is good. It has a few issues.
1. Having a hard time loading the matches (Resetting it leads to a deserter penalty. Unfortunately, I can't get back to the match).
2. Sound issues.
3. Lag spikes.
Please improve these issues. If I can't connect the matches, I cannot play the game.

EDIT: Sometimes, the matches would connect and sometimes, it doesn't. If I have this issue again, I'll wait to see if there is any hope to connect it.

LogiXs
06-03-2016, 11:28 PM
A quick issue that seems to be noticed but i wanted to give s much detail as possible: game crashing after finding a game, clearing game lobby, then getting into loading screen...
The issue isn't persistent, but does happen enough to be a nuisance. Exactly what happens is the queue pops, followed by me entering in game lobby. I can clear that without issue, but immediately after the in game lobby is the in game loading screen. Here, as people's gems light up, i run into 2 separate types of crash. The first occurs in the form of being able to see and register some players connecting to game (via the crystals) but i myself never enter the game, and when i exit full screen get the drop down of *Application Not Responding* on the icon dock

The second is when i can load into game in the same manor as previously described, but then my game freezes, crashes, and continues this in a cycle to the point at which i can't reenter my game.

My computer specs are
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
ntel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

IGN: LogiXs

In game settings:
Lowest possible setting on all drop down video options, 1152X720 resolution

Hope this can help!

Edit:I do want to say though for every time this issue occurs, the game runs well (minus the issues you guys already know of) 10 times, so big shoutout to Hirez for what I'd say is a solid experience for me so far

Edit 2: Also want to add that when these crashes occur i try to reconnect to the game ~5 times typically and have yet to have success in doing so. The inability to reload has also happened to me when i DC due to issues on my end (i.e. internet connection)

Deluxerobo909
06-03-2016, 11:39 PM
Hey, first time posting. Just downloaded the client and was super excited to play. So I que up a match with my friends and all good to go the first game. We win and I Q up again only to crash. I try to log back on, and to no avail. It really is a shame because I heard this game has a better community then leauge and, playing that for 4 years I was ready for a change. I guess not until its fixed... shame

Specs:
El Capitan 10.11.4
Macbook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

reobebo1
06-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Ah, so that's what's the "Not responding" is for. Thanks.

reobebo1
06-03-2016, 11:52 PM
My 1st theory about the crashing while the match is loading comes from Mac Client vs Official PC or Bootcamp. I think Smite for Mac having a hard time accessing the router and servers. PC users usually get no problems.

Remember, Smite for Mac is in Beta and there are issues that makes it unstable.

whathehel
06-04-2016, 02:35 AM
Agree to remove the deserter penalties for mac players.

Airaze
06-04-2016, 04:25 AM
All of the bugs I've found are all listed already :P

I just wanted to thank HiRez for making this Mac client possible <3
I'm extra thankful since, well, I'll sum up my story.

I have a Mac and I've always had a Mac (I had a PC but Smite didn't exist back then). To play Smite I had to get a copy of Windows 10 and a copy of Parallel Desktops (I was too lazy to use BootCamp) and I got the Ultimate God Pack in the first week or 2, only to have the entire Parallel Desktops application crash on startup. So I think my last PVP game was perhaps last year but now with the official Mac client here, I can finally (properly, this time) migrate from League of Legends over to SMITE :D

While typing this, I did remember something that isn't a 'bug' but it would be nice if it was 'fixable', and that is, I have a MacBook Pro 13" with Retina display, but the Smite Client won't go above 1650x1050 whereas my screen is 2560x1600 or so. So yeah it'd be nice if Smite could have some 'Retina display' support.

Thanks guys! Feels amazing to be back again :D :D :D

ArticGreen
06-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Hello, 1st of all : thanks a lot for developping Smite On Mac.

I got some issues that prevent me to play a Joust Game...
1st game ) I am connected to the game, then it crashed. I reconnect, it crashed again. And again. And again... Each time when it was a team fight : Tyr ulted on me then crash.

2nd game) I can't even connect to the game... I tried so many times!

Will it be fixed soon? I would love to!

thanks again, for all your work on it.

WillyW0rtel
06-04-2016, 02:23 PM
Good evening.

First of all, a major thanks to Hirez for making this incredible game available for us mac owners. Finally no more hassle with bootcamp!

I have been having the same issue as many: everything goes fine until the loading screen, where the 'diamonds' never light up (neither red nor blue). I get stuck in loading screen forever. I did a co-op vs AI game to test and I managed to get into the game, but eventually that game crashed after about 10 minutes. Then I started an assault game, where the game crashed suddenly after about 10 mins of playing.

I have a Macbook Pro 15-inch, mid 2012. The processor is a 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7. Graphics: an Intel HD Graphics 4000 for light tasks and then for heavier tasks like playing Smite it switches over to a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M. For memory it has a 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

I have been waiting years for a Mac client so I am very patient, take all the time you need. Keep up the good work guys!

reobebo1
06-04-2016, 04:45 PM
What I've done is I close SMITE. Then I verify integrity of game cache. Then I reopened SMITE. So I think if fixes the not connecting error, but you have to do this everytime before you play another game.

Aphrodituss
06-04-2016, 05:05 PM
firts of all thank you for making smite for mac, ht eonly reason that i didnt buy a mac was that there was no smite
now issues
-you sometimes can't hear voice commands
-you can't hear abilities from other gods sometimes
-background music sometimes doesn't play, even at the middle of the game it stops.
-when i minimize smite, and do other stuff, i can still hear the background music.
-the "your battle is ready", "you have an invite" etc. pop-ups, don't appear.

xTyKo
06-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Everything was going fine but then i froze while in loading screen.
This doesn't seem to happen for arena but this time it did.
:(

BurningBurnsy
06-04-2016, 10:58 PM
I have been experiencing the same issues as many of my fellow gamers on this thread. There are times in which the Mac beta works perfectly and I can play five games in a row without an issue, but there are other times in which the game freezes on the loading screen or I freeze every two to three minutes while in the game itself. I didn't receive any penalties until earlier today when my game froze on the loading screen and I decided it wasn't worth trying to get in the game since the freezing would only continue and I wouldn't be able to get into the game. However, when I logged back on I was given a 114 minute deserter penalty. The fact that Mac users are constantly experiencing this battle between frozen games and deserter penalties is unfair and makes the gaming experience disappointing and frustrating. While I know you are probably doing the best you can to fix this issue, the faster the issue is resolved the better so that all Mac users experience a more enjoyable and rewarding experience with your game. And if there's a way to relieve the deserter penalties for us, that would make it all the better.

OH! And to make it all just dandier, I was trying to play a game when I posted this and I logged back on to be greeted with a 240 minute deserter penalty… I'm sorry to say, but that is just ridiculous and unacceptable. This is how you are going to lose all of your Mac users.

Janikami
06-05-2016, 07:12 AM
So many crash, freeze at loading screen (AFK because I can't access to the party) and deserter penalties because this game is not optimized.

Grubby2x2
06-05-2016, 10:10 AM
As Bellona every time I try and use her 1 onto Ymir the game crashed. This happened 5 times in a row in the Arena game mode.
Also as Bellona on Conquest if I get hit by any of Khepri's abilities then the game crashes as well.

AYizzle
06-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Can you guys please patch this atleast so that it is playable? I mean i cannot even start a match without my game crashing. Ontop of that i have to use a secondary account where i have none of the Gods and am playing people way lower rank than me which dosent seem fair to them. The beta has been out for a while now and we have not received any solid patch yet. Thanks.

MrNummer1
06-05-2016, 05:21 PM
I simply do not understand how you can release the game as a beta when it's in such a shitty state. People can't connect, can't login, can't connect to games, games crashing, there's just so many issues regarding connectivity, I really can't understand how you're releasing it as a beta when it feels more like a broken ass alpha to me. And yes, i am very salty and I'm sorry for that, but after roughly a week or two where I've been dealing with this shit it's starting to set me off. I am so disappointed, and I know you try your best, but god damnit the game only works 15% of the time, what the actual hell were you thinking when releasing this beta?? Didn't you have an alpha phase to test all these issues out before launching a live beta?? I'm sorry man but this beta is getting to the point of bad where even battlefield can't compete with it anymore, and we all remember how fucking shitty battlefields beta was. I dunno man, I just feel like you'd actually want to make sure people can connect to servers and the game can run without crashing consistently before launching a live beta.

Naiiil
06-07-2016, 03:14 AM
Salut ! suite a l'envoie d'un message au support on m'as renvoyer ici alors voici les problèmes que je rencontre en jeu sur la Beta :
- Lors du lancement du jeu j'ai 2 a 4 fois la roulette de la souris qui tourne ( le jeu passe en ' ne répond pas ' ) puis reviens a la normal
- Lors du lancement de la partie le jeu crash et ' Ne répond pas ' , les ' joyaux ' sous les carte des Dieux ne s'allume pas et le jeu ne reviens pas a la normal , obliger de forcer a quitter.
- La roulette de la souris mène vers l'extreme bas , lors du choix des Dieux ou pour changer les Controls si j'utilise la roulette pour descendre je ne peut plus remonter avec.
Et pour finir la petite chose dommage c'est qu'il y a uniquement la langue Anglais pour jouer , je comprend pas l'anglais alors c'est dommage !

En espérant vous avoir aider sur quelque point de cette maj . Naiiil.

xTyKo
06-07-2016, 08:39 AM
When are we going to get a fix for this, i don't mind some issues but not being able to play is crazy.
Can't even play Arena games for 3 times in a row, feels bad for the 4v5 and then i get a deserter :(

AYizzle
06-07-2016, 10:38 AM
Hi-rez are you kidding me? With the release of 3.10 you couldnt have included any patches for Mac considering it desperately needs it? Atleast allow us to sign in to our main accounts...

Totem69
06-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Well, I want to make and advice to all of you, because this will help everybody to do the things accordingly.

Remember some pages ago, when an admin told us to do a thing to give our game logs? I don't know you, but I've tried to do it, requested help to do it, and no one has told me anything, so I will quote the message again, and then I hope someone could send screenshots or specifficate more of the proccess. Thanks a lot

Game loading screen crashes, still happening.

Totem69
06-07-2016, 11:05 AM

ii) Mac Specs

Please, be more specific or send some screenshots of the proccess. Thanks a lot, and as an advice: make a hotfix just to let people enter into matches, and then, the rest of the bugs could be fixed from time to time, but the main issue is to make this beta playable.

reobebo1
06-07-2016, 01:48 PM
New update is here. Does it fix the connecting issue? Time to test it out.

reobebo1
06-07-2016, 02:38 PM
Tested it. Still keeps crashing. Even if I rejoin, it still wouldn't work. Also, the intro movie keeps freezing for a brief moment, then continues.

RunesIndex
06-07-2016, 03:12 PM
I can't play.The game starts up and everything seems to be going fine,but when the High-Rez logo comes on it crashes.Please help me because there are a LOT of people with this problem.

xTyKo
06-08-2016, 02:54 AM
Please, be more specific or send some screenshots of the proccess. Thanks a lot, and as an advice: make a hotfix just to let people enter into matches, and then, the rest of the bugs could be fixed from time to time, but the main issue is to make this beta playable.

I would try to do that but i can't login anymore RIP
Maybe the servers are down atm

Develle
06-08-2016, 07:20 AM
Using this version mismatch time to add a bit more:
A few days ago I finally had the patience to queue in Australia server where I have 45 ping on average instead dog the 270 in NA and 350 in EU. I realised that my smite is actually missing chunks of frames. While I was playing in EU and NA I just put it down to the lag when I was accidentally walking into tower range when attacking, however when I finally played a game in Aus server I could see that I was still 'sliding' into the tower range with no ping spikes or fps drops according to the F8 thing on screen.

Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

Unmerciiful
06-08-2016, 08:31 AM
anyone can play, guys?

tgpely
06-08-2016, 09:53 AM
Can't anyone do anything about this? It's been almost two weeks and the issue has not been resolved in the slightest. A lot of people, me included, still can't access a majority of the matches they try to get into- and adding insult to injury, each and every time they have a deserter penalty waiting for them when they miraculously can log back in.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who went all the way to send their logs only to receive a generic answer where you guys promise to 'look into it'.
Well, have you?
Personally I'm not asking for much, just a confirmation that someone is going to take action and seriously, completely 'look into it'. It'd be nice not to be ignored.

Kinvallatas
06-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Another bug to add to the list, though I'm not sure if it's just me. Whenever I manage to get into a game past all the freezes and stuff, if the enemy team has a Sun Wukong, he's invisible for the entire match. His clone from ult shows up as normal, but he's perma invisible. Happened 5 times back to back across both bot and regular games.

Nexxik21
06-08-2016, 10:45 PM
So far through playing Smite the few big game breaking issues are the random freezes during matches as well as the loading screen bug thats been mentioned, other than that there are some audio issues where some of the audio just cuts out mid game, but the game itself does run well when you are actually in a match.

reobebo1
06-08-2016, 11:04 PM
So, Armada confirmed this error of not loading matches. The workers will fix it as soon as possible.

SaraClair
06-09-2016, 12:13 AM
I had to reinstall my game last night after i got the "version mismatch" issue (by the way, the troubleshoot button doesnt work for mac), after finally downloading it after hours i was hoping i could play at least one game but no, i get stuck on the loading screen time after time & now have a 200 minute deserter. I love this game.

Totem69
06-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Can't anyone do anything about this? It's been almost two weeks and the issue has not been resolved in the slightest. A lot of people, me included, still can't access a majority of the matches they try to get into- and adding insult to injury, each and every time they have a deserter penalty waiting for them when they miraculously can log back in.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who went all the way to send their logs only to receive a generic answer where you guys promise to 'look into it'.
Well, have you?
Personally I'm not asking for much, just a confirmation that someone is going to take action and seriously, completely 'look into it'. It'd be nice not to be ignored.

Could you do again the proccess of getting the logs, and take screenshots so everyone here could do the same? Thanks
In my personal case, with all the instructions, I just cannot do it, I'm informatically useless. My bad.

tgpely
06-09-2016, 12:10 PM
Ok, so, I have a quick link to my Terminal but I'm pretty sure you could find it on Spotlight easily.
This is what it looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/0QGZuvf.png

All you have to do is type this: "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES" into Terminal, like this:

http://i.imgur.com/zZThyEV.png

And press Enter.

Then hold the 'option key' which basically is 'alt' and click on the Finder icon on your bottom bar, then choose 'relaunch' (my language settings are in italian, but it should be the option at the very bottom):

http://i.imgur.com/SR2ttGp.png

Now you should be able to see hidden files and folders, some of them were even on my desktop so it was easy to confirm that. Then you could either use a shortcut, opening the Finder and choosing 'go' from the top bar as HiRezLancelot said... or, if you can't remember your account name like me, just open the folders one by one. It's a bit longer but it does the trick.

Double click on your Macintosh HD icon on your desktop (at least I have it there, it's this one):

http://i.imgur.com/v7M7MIZ.png

then surf through all the now visible hidden files and open the 'Users' folder. Then your account (well I just realized my account name is 'Account', original xD), it looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/w0RcpSs.png

Then 'Library', and this is a hidden folder that you should be able to see. If you can't open it just right click on it and choose 'open in another...' whatever it says in english, mine is something like 'panel' x'D):

http://i.imgur.com/sw4Opbn.png

It should open in a new, well, panel or something, on the right:

http://i.imgur.com/kIOApLt.png

You should be able to go to 'Application Support' now, then 'BattleGame', and finally see the 'Logs' folder:

http://i.imgur.com/b1n4ZnK.png

Just copy and past the whole folder on your desktop. I also zipped it, just in case, it makes it easier to attach it to the ticket you're going to send.

If you want to disable the visible hidden files, go back to the Terminal and type "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO", press enter and right-click on the Finder icon on your bottom bar while also pressing 'alt' to relaunch the whole thing again. You shouldn't be able to see the hidden files this way if you don't want to, I sure know it's really messy and annoying to just have them lying there being apparently useless xD

Hope it helps!

Totem69
06-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Ok, so, I have a quick link to my Terminal but I'm pretty sure you could find it on Spotlight easily.
This is what it looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/0QGZuvf.png

All you have to do is type this: "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES" into Terminal, like this:

http://i.imgur.com/zZThyEV.png

And press Enter.

Then hold the 'option key' which basically is 'alt' and click on the Finder icon on your bottom bar, then choose 'relaunch' (my language settings are in italian, but it should be the option at the very bottom):

http://i.imgur.com/SR2ttGp.png

Now you should be able to see hidden files and folders, some of them were even on my desktop so it was easy to confirm that. Then you could either use a shortcut, opening the Finder and choosing 'go' from the top bar as HiRezLancelot said... or, if you can't remember your account name like me, just open the folders one by one. It's a bit longer but it does the trick.

Double click on your Macintosh HD icon on your desktop (at least I have it there, it's this one):

http://i.imgur.com/v7M7MIZ.png

then surf through all the now visible hidden files and open the 'Users' folder. Then your account (well I just realized my account name is 'Account', original xD), it looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/w0RcpSs.png

Then 'Library', and this is a hidden folder that you should be able to see. If you can't open it just right click on it and choose 'open in another...' whatever it says in english, mine is something like 'panel' x'D):

http://i.imgur.com/sw4Opbn.png

It should open in a new, well, panel or something, on the right:

http://i.imgur.com/kIOApLt.png

You should be able to go to 'Application Support' now, then 'BattleGame', and finally see the 'Logs' folder:

http://i.imgur.com/b1n4ZnK.png

Just copy and past the whole folder on your desktop. I also zipped it, just in case, it makes it easier to attach it to the ticket you're going to send.

If you want to disable the visible hidden files, go back to the Terminal and type "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO", press enter and right-click on the Finder icon on your bottom bar while also pressing 'alt' to relaunch the whole thing again. You shouldn't be able to see the hidden files this way if you don't want to, I sure know it's really messy and annoying to just have them lying there being apparently useless xD

Hope it helps!

Of course it does! Very appreciated! And no worries about the Italian things because I live in Italy as well and I don't have any problem to read, understand and translate it xD. Anygays, it's very helpful to everyone, and I think now we all will be able to send the damned logs to HiRez to fix this issue.

Skrumpy
06-10-2016, 02:25 PM
This is a problem that I and a lot of people on mac have been encountering lately. If you look through the forums for the past couple days, you'll see the same problem persists. For me and many others, this is the problem:

We would try to join a game, lets say Normal Arena. After joining, we would enter god selection without a problem. The game would start and continue to the loading screen. Then the game would never load. We become stuck on the loading screen. Anytime we try to restart the game, we would just get return back to the loading screen, waiting again. It still never loaded. After multiple times trying, the game would finally expire, leaving us with an undeserved deserter's queue.

This issue started two patches ago, with minimal issues at first. Every once in a while, the game wouldn't load, but it wasn't persistent and could be blamed on beta issues. However, ever since the last patch, we haven't been able to play a single game without getting stuck on the loading screen. After countless deserter queues, we just want this issue fixed. We have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Smite and Steam.

HiRez, please address this issues asap.

- Mac Smite community

MilkBuddy
06-10-2016, 07:53 PM
Works great but cannot play the fourth stage of basic training due to auto-crash after everyone is locked in.

hiimkatiee
06-11-2016, 12:42 PM
i don't know if this is a mac bug but whenever i shadowstep to allow and go inside them, i cant reactivate the ability to get out when i want. i have to wait the full duration which is really annoying...

DeadEndTribe
06-12-2016, 05:53 AM
Could you guys atleast reply back to your community? I'm sick of getting deserter over and over again. Its been 3 weeks almost and you guys haven't responded back to any of us ! We just want to play and you guys aren't helping us out

SaraClair
06-12-2016, 07:04 AM
i havent been able to play for 5 days now because i get 4 hours cooldowns every 2nd game i play. fucking over it

PonchoFajitas
06-12-2016, 08:58 AM
I'm so excited you did this port on mac, thanks a lot. Sadly there are many many bugs but i hope you guys will fix it asap. Good luck with the fixes :D

xTyKo
06-13-2016, 01:38 AM
Yay double XP, worshippers & favor! Access to all gods wow thats beast.
Starts arena queue, finds game, picks Loki.....
Waiting for loading screen
Freezes, force quits, opens smite, still frozen.
Logs back in 15 mins later to find that i got a 4 hour deserter and realises that the double XP ends in 3 hours.

Decides to cry and play League of Legends. :mad: :cool:

Jackscape
06-13-2016, 05:33 AM
Same thing, except the LoL part

I start a match, and at the cards screen it just crashes. If I switch to PC I can log in, but from my Macbook Pro I can't, sometimes. And there is a lot of crash during i.e. a conquest, yesterday the game crashed twice, during game, I managed to log back both times, then on the victory screen it crashed again.

I get deserter penalty, I log in to another account and happens the same.
It happens with any god, Kali, Jing Wei, Change, Ra...

And again, if I switch to PC right away I can play that match, then if I quit and switch back to Mac, then Ill get two cards ready, mine and another player, then It crashes totally (that rolling ring at the right bottom corner stops too, while usually it just spins until eternity or until I force quit)

UPDATE!
After Ive got my deserter penalty again... the Jungle Practice loaded in just fine, I think this issue only happens during PvP matches.

Update...
I could play one game, then it starts again...

deserter for 120 min.............. please

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
CPU: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, Intel HD Graphics 4000
and a 512GB SSD
osx 10.10.2

MarteauBambi
06-14-2016, 01:41 PM
Thank you for finally bringing Smite to mac !!! Can't wait for it to be out of beta and ready to play ! Probably my favorite game ever (well, when I had a PC :p)

However, right now, the game is clearly unplayable.

I have the same problem as almost everyone here, multiple freezes and crashes IG, and this horrible bug, the game get stuck on the loading page before entering the match, I'd say for 90% of my gaming attempts, rebboting the mac or the game doesnt get anything, and then, the dreaded deserter tag,,, 4 hour last time

Hope this will get fixed soon :)

SMonaghan119
06-14-2016, 02:25 PM
i havent been able to play for 5 days now because i get 4 hours cooldowns every 2nd game i play. fucking over it

Yeah I know this feeling. in the past 24 hours Ive had 3-4 hour deserters on account of the server killing itself during load screen. The only time they fucking respond to you is if you spam shit on the forum which leads to a message and how you are breaking the rules of the forum trying to spread the word about how Mac Beta is fucked.

I even created a post called "The Story of Mac" which can be found in introduce yourself poking fun at the bullshit that is the mac beta and even that got axed when i posted it two other places.

darkspirit2000
06-14-2016, 04:18 PM
hi i also have some problems, they are that i crash so many times, i just got a deserter timer because the game crashed and just today i crashed 7 times while trying to play co op vs bots. i crash in the normal menu, in the god select, and the loading screen and im now scared to try pvp again

darkspirit2000
06-14-2016, 04:40 PM
my problem is constant crashes, i crash in normal menu, the god selection, the loading screen and in game and now im scared to play pvp as i crashes 70% of the time because of the shitty system

Totem69
06-14-2016, 06:58 PM
After the mini update, I can only open the game, then when I click the "play" banner, it shows this message:

"Game Proccess Launch Failed : 5"

StarzandStrapz
06-14-2016, 07:21 PM
^^^
Same here. It was working fine yesterday. Now when I try to click "play" on the Smite Launcher i get the same error message "Game Process Launch Failed: 5"

SaraClair
06-14-2016, 07:24 PM
^^^^
same same same same

SirPerfluous
06-14-2016, 07:37 PM
After the mini update, I can only open the game, then when I click the "play" banner, it shows this message:

"Game Proccess Launch Failed : 5"
Same here. It was working fine earlier today, but my client just updated, and now nothing.

LittleKumquat
06-14-2016, 08:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OoCGITh.pngThis has been here for hours. I'm really getting sick of the constant issues I'm having.

edit: to clarify, I have restarted both steam and smite, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled smite at least 4 times. The error message appears instantly after clicking the Play button (no loading time or anything to see if the servers are down or something).

Bookwyrm1
06-14-2016, 08:42 PM
same...was working fine until the mini update .. TF??

leterma
06-14-2016, 08:54 PM
Well this Game Proccess Launch Failed : 5 issue is the only one that has really impacted my time in the BETA. If you could please help that would be greatly appreciated.

SMonaghan119
06-14-2016, 08:57 PM
Can't be the only thing that has impacted your time this bullshit has been beyond buggy for a while now and no efforts are being made to fix the shit just this dumb ass focus on new skins and releasing jackasses that turn into dragons.

SMonaghan119
06-14-2016, 08:58 PM
By the time they fix the tickets i've submitted I'm going to be some decrepit old guy with arthritis that prevents me from playing this shit anymore, I'll just resort to looking at the forums and talking to the computer screen because at this rate their little mac beta operation is gonna turn me braindead any day now

Bookwyrm1
06-14-2016, 08:59 PM
literally if they didn't put out the update earlier today it would of at least let me play cause the main problem didnt really start till then

SMonaghan119
06-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Every fix they claim to put into effect I think all they are doing is slightly changing the shade of color on the loading icon.

If fixes were actually being put into effect it would be going toward a more positive direction, not shooting things so ass backwards that nothing is functioning.

leterma
06-14-2016, 09:06 PM
Can't be the only thing that has impacted your time this bullshit has been beyond buggy for a while now and no efforts are being made to fix the shit just this dumb ass focus on new skins and releasing jackasses that turn into dragons.

Honestly it is I've never got the loading screen crashes or anything of the like. I can only guess its because I dont play if my computer is hot and when starts heating up I quit for the night.

SMonaghan119
06-14-2016, 09:07 PM
Honestly it is I've never got the loading screen crashes or anything of the like. I can only guess its because I dont play if my computer is hot and when starts heating up I quit for the night.

Go buy a lottery ticket because I'm pretty sure everyone else here is been abused and beyond with all of the above.

Bookwyrm1
06-14-2016, 10:39 PM
another update..... hope this fixes log in.... another hour wait :( x cross fingers x

SaraClair
06-14-2016, 11:24 PM
did anyone else just get a 7GB update for smite? what the fuck? thats gonna take my internet forever to download....

Bookwyrm1
06-14-2016, 11:35 PM
yea, almost done. 2 more min... hope this fixes something by that i mean let us play

Bookwyrm1
06-14-2016, 11:36 PM
it works!!! thank you !!!!

Jackscape
06-15-2016, 08:03 AM
Still doesnt load in to the match

Bballjo36
06-15-2016, 09:04 AM
So in the future are you going to be able to play on a version lower than Mac 10.10? I'm 10.95 (smh) but I don't want to upgrade to El Capitan because of all the bugs.

Bballjo36
06-15-2016, 09:05 AM
So in the future are you going to be able to play on a version lower than Mac 10.10? I'm 10.95 (smh) but I don't want to upgrade to El Capitan because of all the bugs.

Sorry I mean I'm 10.9.5 not 10.95

Totem69
06-15-2016, 10:58 AM
After a 7 Gb update, the issue with the crash when the match loads, still happens

DeadEndTribe
06-15-2016, 05:00 PM
The damn loading screen crashes are still happening !

bubbelspirit
06-15-2016, 06:59 PM
am i the only one that has not gotten a update? do you guys use steam or what?

leterma
06-15-2016, 08:29 PM
am i the only one that has not gotten a update? do you guys use steam or what?

Have you tried rebooting steam?

leterma
06-15-2016, 08:40 PM
Ok well I came across my first issue after the patch! For some reason when I try and get into a new game I push join queue and it just defaults to the home screen without joining the queue and now whenever I try and join a conquest game it loads up and then I get kicked to home screen, I finally got the loading screen crash and the game locks up in middle of combat. I don't know what was in that path but things for me have kinda gone to poop.

bubbelspirit
06-16-2016, 05:56 AM
yes, i even reinstalled steam, huh weird maybe it downloaded in the background or something

MarteauBambi
06-16-2016, 01:19 PM
Sadly, this update doesnt fixed it for me, still crashing on the loading page :(

PandaWhistle
06-16-2016, 10:59 PM
Sadly they don't care about us, and they will probably take until fucking season 4 to actually make it playable on MAC because they are too busy caring only about consoles right now and measuring their dick with Riot, and also turning into Riot by not caring about their playerbase.

A Beta needs to be playable. Will there be bugs? Yes. But people shouldn't have to deal with a game that won't even play for longer than 15 minutes without something going so terribly wrong they are forced to restart their computer or their game several times to discover nothing has changed and they have leaver penalty.

Their handling of this doesn't even deserve to be called second rate. I can guarantee you the things they are fixing currently only pertain to the PS4.

I love this game too much to give up on it, but they shouldnt have released this until they were fully prepared to put time into the MAC game. but instead they released the PS4 FULL FUCKING GAME and then gave us an unplayable beta as the biggest middle finger in gaming history pretty much.

XmonakaX
06-17-2016, 02:44 AM
Hello!
I am not sure if this thread is still active, but since i've tested Smite on my mac today i Thought i am going to report one of the issues.
I've been playing smite for quite a while with my PC so I am fammiliar with how the game works and all the small details about the game. So my feedback is based on comparison between PC version and MAC.
I'm not going into small details just going to mention the most important one. The mouse is seem to respond very buggy at some points. While my sensitivity remains the same since i am using same login for mac it works fine and smooth up to a points when i make a little more intensive movement with it. Let say i need to quickly turn around and perform a maneuver, about 50 degrees with my mouse. While mechanically my hand is used to that movement on mac SMITE BETA i got over 180 degrees spin. It seems to me that it might be an issue to work on, but again it might be my mouse, but i highly doubt so.

Hope you going to look up to this problem, and glad to be a mac Smite user! Good job, guys!
Thanks

Jackscape
06-17-2016, 06:18 AM
I played today in party, and while I had a lot of match loading issues before, in a party (the leader was someone else) I had none, just one crash, which i consider a great experience :D Had a lot of fun, so I think mac players needs to play in party, forced by buggy game code :D

SirPerfluous
06-17-2016, 03:23 PM
It doesn't always work in a party still, I've been dropped out of several parties recently.

KingCrimsonV
06-18-2016, 06:45 PM
After I hit play and it's "Waiting on Game Data..." it freezes. I tried re-downloading it, but the problem is still there. What should I do?

TheLiLPC
06-19-2016, 12:05 AM
Hi rez what is the point of making a Mac version if we can't even connect to a match. I have probably disconnected at least 50 times since this has been released. Seriously fix the connection issues before fixing "texture problems". Cant believe this game is seriously poorly optimized.

Jackscape
06-19-2016, 08:55 AM
Cmon whats going on, its been a week since HiRez last posted anything

HiRezLancelot
06-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Morning folks. Sorry for the delays in getting a fix for the match loading issue but we think this mornings patch should have fixed it. Can you guys check it out and let us know if you getting past the loading screen now?

Thanks!

tgpely
06-21-2016, 10:30 AM
It finally works! I've been able to play seven matches in a row without a single issue, thank you so much for this patch. There's still a few minor, really minor bugs* but it's playable now, and that's what matters!

*such as the bugged lore or the non-visible skin cards in the single god's page

ohannesburger
06-21-2016, 03:00 PM
The matches load fine now, however my game crashed after 2 seconds of game time. When I relogged I could play for 5 mins. Still unplayable.

Edit: My game crashes specifically when I get a kill.

Ringading99
06-21-2016, 04:25 PM
The matches load fine now, however my game crashed after 2 seconds of game time. When I relogged I could play for 5 mins. Still unplayable.

Edit: My game crashes specifically when I get a kill.

Were you playing Hou Yi? I was mostly fine playing all day as other heroes until i played a game of him then my game was crashing every five minutes or so as well

Hauno
06-21-2016, 05:57 PM
Still not loading in even after the patch.

processor is 3.06 ghz intel core 2 duo, graphics is nvidia geforce 9400 256mb. not the greatest, but I was having no issue with the game at all when I first downloaded it.

LegacyUniverse
06-21-2016, 06:20 PM
Should have posted here , Would you guys please notify us that this game is in beta??? because I just installed it today In steam and it didn't tell me its beta full of evil crashes..

HiRezLancelot
06-22-2016, 10:40 AM
Should have posted here , Would you guys please notify us that this game is in beta??? because I just installed it today In steam and it didn't tell me its beta full of evil crashes..

Can you provide any specifics on the crashes you are seeing?

zaddyy
06-22-2016, 12:04 PM
Games are working fine for me! It was actually working better before this patch lol it never crashed. It crashes sometimes now. The screen will freeze. I can move my mouse and stuff but its just the loading cursor and I have to force close smite. It reconnects me back to my old game when i start it up again but there have been instances where it's happened 2-3 times in one game and it messed me up lol. But in a lot of other games it has worked perfectly. Just a few things I've noticed...

-sounds don't always work: purchasing items, callouts
-weird boxes around buff camp logo's

ohannesburger
06-22-2016, 02:37 PM
Were you playing Hou Yi? I was mostly fine playing all day as other heroes until i played a game of him then my game was crashing every five minutes or so as well

No I was playing as Freya.

This time I tried to play an Assuault game as Medusa and it was perfect, no crashes or anything. However I hit "Play Again" after the match and the game crashed. When I logged back in I had a 240 mins deserter penalty. I didn't even queue for the game. I guess we have to wait for the PC ppl to get the next patch. This game is in alpha state rather than beta imo.

ZeroVectra
06-23-2016, 12:47 AM
I have a quick question concerning the roadmap for this beta on behalf of a friend. With the beta currently only supporting El Capitan, are there any intentions of allowing previous versions of OS X to run the game as well (specifically Mavericks 10.9, which as I recall is two updates behind the current version) in the near future? I tried skimming the thread for information pertaining to this, and I've only seen unanswered questions.

Thanks in advance.

DenseMofo
06-23-2016, 09:12 AM
I have a quick question concerning the roadmap for this beta on behalf of a friend. With the beta currently only supporting El Capitan, are there any intentions of allowing previous versions of OS X to run the game as well (specifically Mavericks 10.9, which as I recall is two updates behind the current version) in the near future? I tried skimming the thread for information pertaining to this, and I've only seen unanswered questions.

Thanks in advance.

He should be able to upgrade to Yosemite 10.10.5 for free (basically El Capitan without all the bugs). That's the version I am currently running anyway, and the game loads fine but still has many problems in a match - mainly freezing every 2 minutes. It even freezes in bot games now. We neeeeeed a solid fix Hi-Rez!!!

ZeroVectra
06-23-2016, 04:30 PM
He should be able to upgrade to Yosemite 10.10.5 for free (basically El Capitan without all the bugs). That's the version I am currently running anyway, and the game loads fine but still has many problems in a match - mainly freezing every 2 minutes. It even freezes in bot games now. We neeeeeed a solid fix Hi-Rez!!!

My friend and I are aware that the update is free, but she can't make that upgrade due to her occupation as a graphic artist. She uses Adobe CS5 for her job and that doesn't get along with Yosemite or even El Capitan, so she can't really afford to make that change.

So again, I'm asking if there's any sort of plan to provide more functionality to some slightly older versions of OS X further down the line.

TheGrosette
06-25-2016, 07:51 PM
Hello,

I had some issues for quite some time with the connexion to my acount. The game crashes when i try to connect with this specific acount. I've created a new one and i can connect with it but now with the update, the game crashes even more often and especialy when i open the item shop menu in game. i dont even dare to play in normal mode, it's impossible to play safely...
Hope this help you to spot bugs, mac users are waiting guys !

MacBook Pro (Retina, mi-2012)
osx el capitan version 10.11.5
2,3 GHz Intel Core i7
8 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

LenfantDodu007
06-26-2016, 09:02 PM
Hey there!

Previously, like almost everyone on this thread, the game was crashing when I was trying to enter a game almost 2 out of 3 times. When I could luckily enter a game, everything was working fine. Somehow, since the last patch, I haven't experienced the connection problem anymore. However, even if i can enter any game now, I am experiencing way more problems.

- I can't access the god builder before entering a game. (It makes the game crash)
- During a game, in the menu item, i can't click in the submenu at the left of the window menu list. (It makes the game crash everytime)
- I can't change the language settings.

In brief, I can play every game now, but I can't build my god as I would want without making the game crash.
Good luck, and sorry for my bad english.

Ps: I have a convetionnal Mac Book Pro.

CtrlShft
06-27-2016, 06:16 AM
Hello

I've had an issue where when I press the play button in the client, a smite window opens up and just has a black screen and does not respond. I have not been able to even get to the main menu as of now. Any possible fixes?

Here are my Mac specs:

iMac (21.5 inch, late 2013)
OSX El Capitan Version 10.11.5
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB Graphics

ohannesburger
06-27-2016, 11:52 AM
I recently played a Caonquest game. It loaded fine but it crashed 6 times and the 5 times it happened were after I got a kill and one time it happened randomly while the buy menu was open.

My specs:

Yosemite Version 10.10.1
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
3,5 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2048 MB

GAMBiTnox
06-28-2016, 03:53 PM
Has anyone been having issues logging into the Mac beta using their PC account? I haven't been able to get past the "Waiting on game data" screen--SMITE always freezes at that point.

BarneyBagon
06-29-2016, 01:49 AM
So Smite on my mac is not working. Yesterday it was, when i was trying to log in it says Logging in to Credentials, Please wait. Then my game froze.
So how do I fix this problem? Pls help. :(

AYizzle
06-29-2016, 11:20 AM
Okay so from the start of this beta, i could never sign in to my main PC account. So, i had to create a brand new account to play. For some reason my main account but my new one did? (Dosent make much sense but okay)...Ever since then ive been playing the secondary account i made and ive gotten it up to around level 15 if i remember right. Now, i cannot sign in to either one of them. The game just freezes on the hi rez logos or the "loading game credentials" screen. I think before releasing a beta, MAKE SURE PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY LOG IN TO THE GAME. Im not even talking about the game crashing during a match, im talking about even getting to the damn menu screen. I swear its been a month and you havent fixed the biggest problem? Take one day to address this problem without deliberately ignoring all of our complaints.

BarneyBagon
06-29-2016, 12:31 PM
Okay so from the start of this beta, i could never sign in to my main PC account. So, i had to create a brand new account to play. For some reason my main account but my new one did? (Dosent make much sense but okay)...Ever since then ive been playing the secondary account i made and ive gotten it up to around level 15 if i remember right. Now, i cannot sign in to either one of them. The game just freezes on the hi rez logos or the "loading game credentials" screen. I think before releasing a beta, MAKE SURE PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY LOG IN TO THE GAME. Im not even talking about the game crashing during a match, im talking about even getting to the damn menu screen. I swear its been a month and you havent fixed the biggest problem? Take one day to address this problem without deliberately ignoring all of our complaints.

Same. It worked earlier on, but now it just froze like yours. Hi-Rez PLEASE fix this. I might just get a xbox one or a pc to get this game AGAIN. please do not make this happen Hi-Rez. Before releasing the whole game on Mac, please start fixing the BETA.

RadishQueen
06-30-2016, 03:34 AM
Anyone else still getting issues with freezing mid-game?
It stopped for a good amount of time but it's started again and specifically in Clash. Idk why it's specifically in Clash, works fine in Joust and Arena (would say for other game modes but still too newb-ish and would feel like deadweight) but it always chooses Clash. Would say it's crashing but it just freezes with the propmt "program not responding". Maybe I need to lower settings? It's always on medium-low so idk.

specs:

2011 iMac

BoyWonderRobin
06-30-2016, 09:39 AM
Having crashing issues while in game. Before it wasn't crashing me on Arena, only on joust and other modes but now its doing it there as well. I've been loving this game so far and i hope it can be polished enough where we can use it more. http://imgur.com/a/cFxdm

leterma
06-30-2016, 04:48 PM
Anyone else still getting issues with freezing mid-game?
It stopped for a good amount of time but it's started again and specifically in Clash. Idk why it's specifically in Clash, works fine in Joust and Arena (would say for other game modes but still too newb-ish and would feel like deadweight) but it always chooses Clash. Would say it's crashing but it just freezes with the propmt "program not responding". Maybe I need to lower settings? It's always on medium-low so idk.

specs:

2011 iMac

Does it happen when a spell effect goes off, or at least one that hasn't been seen yet?

Cyribro
06-30-2016, 09:26 PM

So when this happens to me I have all of my settings cranked to maximum. Once I turn everything down to it's bare minimum the game will run with almost no issues

From time to time my client will still crash and I have to alternate between running it through steam or just running it on it's own. I find I have more luck running it alone though.

I know my mac can handle the graphics being all the way up because when I hit "optimize" it turns everything to maximum. For whatever reason though, I am unable to load into games like that.

RadishQueen
06-30-2016, 09:44 PM
Does it happen when a spell effect goes off, or at least one that hasn't been seen yet?

It's sort of random? First it happened during a team fight with spell effects happening everywhere. Which is strange because Arena/Joust handles that fine. Then it happened when walking out the gate, just walking no effects, going to help team and the freeze. Can go either way.