PDA

View Full Version : A thought on Sovereignty and Heartward Amulet.

GrimDude55
05-22-2016, 08:48 PM
Noticed after the pass few updates these two items been gettin' various adjustments, why not have them be mirrored items? Like equal protection, aura protection and HP5/MP5? Not much of a high priority idea, but thoughts are always best shared with others.

Not too out of place either when ya think 'bout it, since Runic Shield and Witchblade mirror eachother with being Physical/Magical counterparts.

Both with a base 45 Protection, 20 or 25 Aura Protection, and 20 or 25 HP5 and MP5 doesn't sound too bad...but then again nothing ever "sounds too bad" when you're the one who had the thought.

Ya'll give your two cents, I might be missing a reasonable explanation here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 6th Edit: Okay so...this was a very late thought when it came to Sovereignty and Heartward with a few errors in my earlier information.

The example of Runic Shield and Witchblade does not support the idea for the two items to mirror eachother, but I have come up with a different solution to propose, what if instead the Aura Protections were the same as the base protection (double the protections on the one who equipped it.) That way it's like allies nearby are wearing their own.

JustRun175
05-23-2016, 12:16 AM
Doesn't sound too bad to me either. I agree they should be that way.

GrimDude55
05-23-2016, 03:00 AM
Doesn't sound too bad to me either. I agree they should be that way.

Like bringing Sovereignty up to Heartward's base of 45 would be the only reasonable start after 3.8's patch notes, so either a total of 65 or 70 protections from base+aura if possible, I'm on the PS4 version and they're both at a total of 60 despite the shifting base and Aura.

But then again a possible reason for Heartward being higher could be to cover the low magical protection stat since physical protections are naturally higher.

LinkNightblade
06-01-2016, 03:53 AM
But then again a possible reason for Heartward being higher could be to cover the low magical protection stat since physical protections are naturally higher.

You hit it on the nose exactly. This seems to be the reason why they are that way.

GrimDude55
06-01-2016, 10:27 PM
You hit it on the nose exactly. This seems to be the reason why they are that way.

Yeah, but it's still weird though that the passives varies on the number of Aura Protection and P5s.

PapaRodin
06-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Mind that physical protections are in general worth more than magical protection for the following reasons:

1. Much more physical gods than magicals, with said physical gods usually having much higher DPS potencial because Hunturds are allowed to exist.
2. Everything PVE related deals physical damage. Minions, Junglecamps, Towers and Phoenixes, Titans, they all don't give a damn about magical protections.

GrimDude55
06-03-2016, 01:57 AM
Mind that physical protections are in general worth more than magical protection for the following reasons:

1. Much more physical gods than magicals, with said physical gods usually having much higher DPS potencial because Hunturds are allowed to exist.
2. Everything PVE related deals physical damage. Minions, Junglecamps, Towers and Phoenixes, Titans, they all don't give a damn about magical protections.

Huh...didn't know that until now, I always thought Towers and Phoenixes dealt Magical.

JustRun175
06-03-2016, 02:13 AM

While phy protections are worth more than magical sovereignty and heartward should still provide consistent stats as they are a supposed to mesh imo. It's not a huge deal but consistency is always a good thing.

LinkNightblade
06-04-2016, 05:29 AM
Huh...didn't know that until now, I always thought Towers and Phoenixes dealt Magical.

Towers deal physical, Phoenix's magical. Gold Fury is physical and Fire giant is both. All the jungle camps except the mana camp is physical.

GrimDude55
06-04-2016, 06:30 AM
Towers deal physical, Phoenix's magical. Gold Fury is physical and Fire giant is both. All the jungle camps except the mana camp is physical.

Thank ya for the clarification.

PapaRodin
06-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Thank ya for the clarification.

Phoenixes apparently dealt magical damage at some point but these days are long gone.

GrimDude55
06-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Aw man I really should of thought out this thread more, had a thought that would make some sense but it's abit late to put it up to be noticed properly.

Enigmatisty
06-05-2016, 11:43 PM

Makes me wish we had a magical hunter. No, not someone like Chronos, Freya, and Sol. A magical hunter that could actually keep up with physical ones and have a similar kit style.

GrimDude55
06-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Makes me wish we had a magical hunter. No, not someone like Chronos, Freya, and Sol. A magical hunter that could actually keep up with physical ones and have a similar kit style.

That would be tricky to categorize, Ao Kuang is considered an Assassin while still in the Mage role, would need to make a mage that worked like a Hunter to a degree.