PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the New Guides

MiyobiKumagawa
03-10-2016, 06:10 PM
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p432/Totem4563/Guide%20banner_zpsgro2dn6y.jpg

Long time ago we had a guides and gurus system for the forums to which they were around to help new Smite and current Smite players with knowledge in-game regarding Gods and items. We are revamping the system with users that have been noted to have good attitudes, activity, and knowledge.

Their job is to help players with improving their play style and make suggestions.

So here they are:

GongsunYiru,
HawkboyJr,
LuxInterior,
PapaRodin,
RainbowSplat

VVV Edit by KingScuba VVV

I'll be the main leader of these guides. The mod team handpicked these players.

As to the reasons why we picked these players, it's because we consider them good examples of a role model player. These five have constantly been friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable on a variety of topics.

Ideally, I hope that new forumers will see these guides, and will take their words a bit more seriously.

I'd also like to differentiate a guide and a guru.

A Guide is a player who has demonstrated positive personality traits and is willing to help players.

A Guru is a player who has demonstrated deep knowledge on a subject(s), and has provided helpful information to the community (I.e Flareb00t, Krett, ProfessorProxy, etc)

With that being said. I sincerely hope this starts a new trend, and that we find new guides in the future to add to the roster.

As a side note, the mod team and the guide team have been given access to images in their signatures, and we'll be guinea pigs to seeing if signatures work well in the forum or not.

SeventhArchon
03-10-2016, 06:11 PM
Welcome to no one other than 5 people, 2 of which barely comment on balance and only 1 of which is known for actual analyses being trusted. Nailed it.
I mean the forums' coffin.

SeventhArchon
03-10-2016, 06:15 PM
If I won, your system would suck just the same, don't worry. Burying the forums is like a side hobby now.

Tallamueu
Oh man, knowledge too!?
I don't like showing off what I know, it feels like bragging.
But I'd still tell someone when they're wrong, but I prefer to stay out of arguments.

Well, I wouldn't really want the Guide title anyway, I feel like other people would be more deserving of it.

Azilo
Dang 7A.
I can't be a guide with how thin-skinned peeps are =v

Allo Rainbow, Papa. The other 3 idrk, just that Gong seems more like the go-to man for cultural knowledge XD

SeventhArchon
03-10-2016, 06:16 PM
Dang 7A.
I can't be a guide with how thin-skinned peeps are =v

Allo Rainbow, Papa. The other 3 idrk, just that Gong seems more like the go-to man for cultural knowledge XD
I would have said they needed honest feedback before they killed the forums but I was too slow for it :p

Goobis
03-10-2016, 06:17 PM
Congrats I guess...

HiRezPonPon
03-10-2016, 06:19 PM
I didn't know providing a few users who are fairly active and have decent game knowledge some additional tools to better help new users "Killed the Forums."

My bad.

If you have any specific concerns you can message me Seventh and we can discuss it. Otherwise, spamming this thread with stating that the forums are dead is unproductive.

SeventhArchon
03-10-2016, 06:25 PM
I didn't know providing a few users who are fairly active and have decent game knowledge some additional tools to better help new users "Killed the Forums."

My bad.

If you have any specific concerns you can message me Seventh and we can discuss it. Otherwise, spamming this thread with stating that the forums are dead is unproductive.

My specific concern is who thought making the forums elitist in favor of exactly five people is a good idea, that's it. I have nothing to message you with anymore, but I guess the most I can do is shoot a few links here in a week or two to people only listening to guides? :)

Enigmatisty
03-10-2016, 06:28 PM
I don't mean to point daggers or anything, but Gongsun should deserve his own subcategory of the title, like "Lore Guide". I've never seen him provide advice on gameplay and more or less advice on Chinese lore and mythology.

Dmantakae
03-10-2016, 06:36 PM
My specific concern is who thought making the forums elitist in favor of exactly five people is a good idea, that's it. I have nothing to message you with anymore, but I guess the most I can do is shoot a few links here in a week or two to people only listening to guides? :)

There's nothing elitist about it. The mods chose these people because they have shown how knowledgeable they are, and how willing they are to help out other people.

Guides are not set in stone, throughout the revamp of the system we may switch people in and out, depending on the circumstances.

SeventhArchon
03-10-2016, 06:42 PM
There's nothing elitist about it. The mods chose these people because they have shown how knowledgeable they are, and how willing they are to help out other people.

Guides are not set in stone, throughout the revamp of the system we may switch people in and out, depending on the circumstances.
Not a guide = no one trusts you = not the slightest reason to make a quality post, see signature
Not elitist as much as this isn't damage control.

RainbowSplat
03-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Thanks! and i got shiny avatar now o.o

Dmantakae
03-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Not a guide = no one trusts you = not the slightest reason to make a quality post, see signature
Not elitist as much as this isn't damage control.

If you post things of value, consistently, then there's no reason for people not to trust. As Pon said, if you wish to discuss this further then feel free to either message him, or me.

KingScuba
03-10-2016, 06:51 PM
If you post things of value, consistently, then there's no reason for people not to trust. As Pon said, if you wish to discuss this further then feel free to either message him, or me.

post things of value consistently, and display a good attitude and you get invited to being a guide. simple as that really.

There's plenty of other candidates for guides, I decided to keep it small for now to test the waters.

TheLethalCorgi
03-10-2016, 07:11 PM
Congrats GUYdS

Aurasai
03-11-2016, 03:13 AM
Congratz everyone!

EpicWinnar
03-11-2016, 03:19 AM
Good job guys, congrats :D

LordBinz
03-11-2016, 03:26 AM
This is nice :) Ignore the nay-sayers, if people didnt do interesting, new things because they were worried about criticisms nothing new and interesting would ever get done.

I look forward to seeing the new Guides input on the forums. (You know, apart from the usual input they give)

EpicWinnar
03-11-2016, 03:43 AM
This is nice :) Ignore the nay-sayers, if people didnt do interesting, new things because they were worried about criticisms nothing new and interesting would ever get done.

I look forward to seeing the new Guides input on the forums. (You know, apart from the usual input they give)

And just what is that supposed to mean, Binz? :p

PapaRodin
03-11-2016, 04:22 AM
Looks like this thread escalated quickly.

Thanks for all the congratulations, but it really is no big deal. We will probably just continue to post as we have so far and provide helpful information whenever we can, it is necessary or just feel like it if we talk about me and see how the story goes.

EpicWinnar
03-11-2016, 04:26 AM
Looks like this thread escalated quickly.

Thanks for all the congratulations, but it really is no big deal. We will probably just continue to post as we have so far and provide helpful information whenever we can, it is necessary or just feel like it if we talk about me and see how the story goes.

Assassination Classroom, I can dig it.

Back on topic, we'll be sure to keep you honest, Rodin :p

KingScuba
03-11-2016, 06:41 AM
Assassination Classroom, I can dig it.

Back on topic, we'll be sure to keep you honest, Rodin :p

back on topic

ONE MORE CHAPTEr. FAAAACK. i've been enjoying that one since chapter 1 was released in eng ><"

EpicWinnar
03-11-2016, 07:19 AM
back on topic

ONE MORE CHAPTEr. FAAAACK. i've been enjoying that one since chapter 1 was released in eng ><"

I haven't actually taken the time to read any Manga except Katekyo Hitman: Reborn!

I guess I just prefer to watch rather than read.

Shaman
03-11-2016, 07:39 AM
So, after all I've done to try and make this forum a better place... helping people when I can...

This is how I'm thanked? Fine, I see how it is.

EpicWinnar
03-11-2016, 07:49 AM
So, after all I've done to try and make this forum a better place... helping people when I can...

I can see where you're coming from, Shaman, but don't be like that. They're just testing the waters, seeing how it goes.

Who knows? You may get it in the future.

Don't bash the mods for trying to get help.

Shaman
03-11-2016, 08:00 AM
I can see where you're coming from, Shaman, but don't be like that. They're just testing the waters, seeing how it goes.

Who knows? You may get it in the future.

Don't bash the mods for trying to get help.
I'm not bashing anyone, just letting them all know that I'm now watching and lurking, I'm hungry and they are alllooking very tasty right now!

PapaRodin
03-11-2016, 08:04 AM
back on topic

I will miss the manga, but honestly, I am happy that it ends, and I am happy that it does end the way it does.

I prefer it that way over being yet another 600-800 chapter manga that just releases chapters that lead to nowhere. 180 chapters is good number, a solid 4 years of enjoyment ending on a good note.

I'm not bashing anyone, just letting them all know that I'm now watching and lurking, I'm hungry and they are alllooking very tasty right now!

Sobek nods in approval.

EpicWinnar
03-11-2016, 08:06 AM
I will miss the manga, but honestly, I am happy that it ends, and I am happy that it does end the way it does.

I prefer it that way over being yet another 600-800 chapter manga that just releases chapters that lead to nowhere. 180 chapters is good number, a solid 4 years of enjoyment ending on a good note.

Sobek nods in approval.

And Fenrir.

And Baka.

LuxInterior
03-11-2016, 09:14 AM
Whoa, that start was ugly. I really didn't expect that from 7A...

I'm really honored and I will remind you that's what being a guide is about, a honorific title, not a job, as a moderator. We're just a bunch who knows a thing or two and is less likely to call someone baddie-please-uninstall than average.

From my part, think I'll resurrect the Sarge to celebrate :)

PapaRodin
03-11-2016, 09:37 AM
And Fenrir.

And Baka.

Naah, Baka and Fenrir are not as great as Sobek when it comes to lurking.

From my part, think I'll resurrect the Sarge to celebrate :)

You gotta rock a fitting avatar for that, man. TF2s Soldier would be perfect.

LuxInterior
03-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Naah, Baka and Fenrir are not as great as Sobek when it comes to lurking.

You gotta rock a fitting avatar for that, man. TF2s Soldier would be perfect.
I was thinking of R. Lee Ermey, but now I'm settling for... well, Lux Interior.

GongsunYiru
03-11-2016, 10:07 AM

We should remember the purpose of it all (looking towards new players). It isn't a reward. If someone is in it for some fancy title (inwardly, looking for what one deserves), then what's the point of it.

I mean, I could have taken a forum mod position here once, but I didn't. Because I think it's best to ponder about the responsibility that one is willing to take towards others than to be stuck on a title. And if you're helping people, then you did.

NecroPheonyx
03-11-2016, 01:04 PM
I, personally, think Rodin should be a guru. And while I can be a bit rude sometimes. I think I could curve that in order to get one of these titles. I know I would love to be a Guru.

Now I must concentrate and work towards my goal...

Izzban
03-11-2016, 01:22 PM
I think the guides are a great idea. Congrats, new guides!

AlexNemesis
03-11-2016, 03:02 PM

My bad.

Your discrimination against Bellona players are so obvious :D

Joking a bit :o

mrgreekzies
03-11-2016, 06:42 PM
Oh cool, I saw that Rainbow had been made into a Guide and didn't quite know what was going on...but anyways, congrats to you guys! I very much approve of the choices. Y'all are pretty cool.

I don't mean to point daggers or anything, but Gongsun should deserve his own subcategory of the title, like "Lore Guide". I've never seen him provide advice on gameplay and more or less advice on Chinese lore and mythology.

If this ever gets implemented I'm throwing my name into the ring faster than you could blink. Not to toot my own horn or anything...but I'd make a great Lore Guide for Greek/Roman...*nudges Miyobi and slips him a 20*

No but seriously folks congrats to the new Guides. Here's hoping the power doesn't go to your heads, lol.

PapaRodin
03-11-2016, 08:36 PM
Already working on world dominance.

MiyobiKumagawa
03-11-2016, 09:26 PM

You mean world destruction in one month, Koro-sensei.

RainbowSplat
03-12-2016, 12:53 AM

I wouldnt be surprised tbh

inferno18
03-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Congrats I guess.. *Sniffle*

KingScuba
03-12-2016, 08:06 PM

That's my thing. I'll deign to allow you to be minion #1.

Also, I'm really happy it's ending on the note it is as well. It's shaping up to be a satisfactory ending to a great series.

Still, always makes me sad when I see something I've been following for years ending.

McKnightrider
03-12-2016, 08:32 PM
There's a motherfucking guide program?!
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/09/albundy_shock.gif

PapaRodin
03-13-2016, 12:39 AM
That's my thing. I'll deign to allow you to be minion #1.

Also, I'm really happy it's ending on the note it is as well. It's shaping up to be a satisfactory ending to a great series.

Still, always makes me sad when I see something I've been following for years ending.

Endings are always a bittersweet thing. But it is good when good things come to an good ending. Look at Bleach. That thing is drawn out because it missed many good opportunities for good endings while the arks suffer from repition and lack of inspiration.

AC was an interesting and fresh idea, stood true to this idea to the very end, had its up and downs, a huge cast of interesting and likeable characters and seeing all this coming to an end the way it does is the only good way to do a series justice.

PapaRodin
03-13-2016, 12:40 AM
Congrats I guess.. *Sniffle*

I think I said this in another thread already, but man.

My man. My dog.

Trim down that signature of yours. It is so big that you spam a thread just by saying "hello".

Tallamueu
03-13-2016, 04:42 AM
I think I said this in another thread already, but man.

My man. My dog.

Trim down that signature of yours. It is so big that you spam a thread just by saying "hello".

That was a good way of putting it.
There should be a limit to how many lines there are.

Now, Guides have been addressed and talked about. To me, they're a good thing, if there's something wrong with it, it'll be fixed.
But I feel like there is no more need for discussion.

AlexNemesis
03-13-2016, 12:51 PM
Some notes would be nice, don't approve whatever guides says, and anti-rep anyone who disagree, this thing is effecting me, cause you know me :D

Specially some ppl which can counter everything but can't counter their way out of bronze.

ReDiAblO
03-15-2016, 04:11 PM
Hi every one!