PDA

View Full Version : Suggested relic changes

RockerBaby
02-23-2016, 07:24 AM
Sanctuary - Cannot move while active. 120/140 sec CD

Heavenly - No slow immunity and reduce effect to 5sec.

Sunder - give it a small Aoe effect - to improve landing it and open up possibility to hit more then 1 God with it.

Frenzy - Reduce effect to 7 sec

Shell - Increase effect to 7 sec

Purification - 120/140 sec CD

EpicWinnar
03-03-2016, 05:28 AM
Sanctuary - Cannot move while active. 120/140 sec CD

Heavenly - No slow immunity and reduce effect to 5sec.

Sunder - give it a small Aoe effect - to improve landing it and open up possibility to hit more then 1 God with it.

Frenzy - Reduce effect to 7 sec

Shell - Increase effect to 7 sec

Purification - 120/140 sec CD

1 - No, we've already discussed this in a previous thread

2 - So basically make Nemesis uncounterable. No thanks.

3. That's not the point of the item. It's to be used by assassins to burst down a target.

4. Not sure why this is necessary, nobody grabs it anyway unless they're MASSIVELY ahead.

5. So I actually agree with this one.

6. Pretty sure this is already the current state of purify

RockerBaby
03-04-2016, 05:25 AM
1. Why do you think it needs movement?

2. There are items you can get for slow immunity. If it counters nemesis every time then how much can she get done if three people have sprint on their team? Its not like Nemesis is considered highest tier anyway and she needs to get in to get things done, slow allows that, sprint totally denies anything she want's to do. I think it counters God with slows to hard, add winged blade to that and gods with slows have a hard time utilizing their cc as well as other forms of CC. Hard CC is already seen as dominant in meta, who do we need such good hard counters to soft CC?

3. Who uses the item is irrelevant. What is relevant is if the debuff is warranted over the buff of say Frenzy or other items. I think it under performs mainly cause it can be juked very risky relic to get with a 140sec cd if you miss with it. Giving it a small aoe increase chance to land it. And I don't mean that it should have an aoe that can hit 5 gods easily. But getting 2 god hit if they stand right next to each other I think could be fair and not OP.

4. Because 10 seconds with extra power is a very long time in a team fight. It turns team fights around big. I get it often in arena as first item to ensure my team wins the first fights.

5. coolio

6. It is 160sec? I think taking it down to 140sec just as shell, frenzy and others seems fair. Both puri and aegis give a huge boost to individual performance just as shell and frenzy give a huge team fight advantage. I see no reason why an individual advantage should be up less often then the team support relics.

EpicWinnar
03-04-2016, 05:30 AM
1. Why do you think it needs movement?

2. There are items you can get for slow immunity. If it counters nemesis every time then how much can she get done if three people have sprint on their team? I think it counters God with slows to hard, add winged blade to that and gods with slows have a hard time utilizing their cc as well as other forms of CC. Hard CC is already seen as dominant in meta, who do we need such good hard counters to soft CC?

3. Who uses the item is irrelevant. What is relevant is if the debuff is warranted over the buff of say Frenzy.

4. Because 10 seconds with extra power is a very long time in a team fight. It turns team fights around big. I get it often in arena as first item to ensure my team wins the first fights.

5. coolio

6. It is 160sec? I think taking it down to 140sec just as shell, frenzy and others seems fair. Both puri and aegis give a huge boost to individual performance just as shell and frenzy give a huge team fight advantage. I see no reason why an individual advantage should be up less often then the team support relics.

I feel that the cooldown on the relic JUSTIFIES letting you be able to move during it, because that was what level 3 of (one of, at least) Aegis item gave you, which had a similar cooldown. That, and as myself and others have previously stated in other threads, with the meta as burst and CC heavy as it is, having that get out of jail free card for potential outplaying is inherently good deisgn.

As for the Frenzy, I personally like taking Curse over it, I feel like having the slow leaves them open to take more damage than what Frenzy would actually grant.

And again, for sprint, they've actually added a hefty cooldown to it, while simultaneously BUFFING Nemesis by shortening her ultimate's cooldown.

Daelinn
03-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Alas, with the new beads it would be hard enough for mages but I feel like the blink with it's current cooldown should be of it's combat version, for right now for characters with no jumps Odin ring with it's absurd cooldown is an uncounterable death sentence.

xVIPx Superb
03-04-2016, 07:35 AM
If I dislike every single change you've suggested, there's something wrong.

Especially the aegis one.

EDIT: The beads buff is good.

RockerBaby
03-05-2016, 06:19 AM
I feel that the cooldown on the relic JUSTIFIES letting you be able to move during it, because that was what level 3 of (one of, at least) Aegis item gave you, which had a similar cooldown. That, and as myself and others have previously stated in other threads, with the meta as burst and CC heavy as it is, having that get out of jail free card for potential outplaying is inherently good deisgn.

Alright. Yeah it opens up for great baiting and outplaying.

As for the Frenzy, I personally like taking Curse over it, I feel like having the slow leaves them open to take more damage than what Frenzy would actually grant.

Curse is also good but if they have a well timed sprint it does very little. Thinking about it curse is probably a fairly good counter to aegis users.

And again, for sprint, they've actually added a hefty cooldown to it, while simultaneously BUFFING Nemesis by shortening her ultimate's cooldown

If 3 people have it, it is still online like every 40sec if needed.

I play almost only arena and I think there is a large difference between it and conquest in effectiveness as arena is constant team fighting. Might very well be so that relics are fine for conquest and other modes. In arena I think they are a bit over the top getting a lv 3 one free from start. It is especially obvious for team buffs I think.

Alas, with the new beads it would be hard enough for mages but I feel like the blink with it's current cooldown should be of it's combat version, for right now for characters with no jumps Odin ring with it's absurd cooldown is an uncounterable death sentence.

I could live with combat blink being back. It would help mages for sure.

If I dislike every single change you've suggested, there's something wrong.

Yeah maybe. Do you like relics current state?

Drago55577
03-10-2016, 05:45 PM
Why in the hell would you want to buff shell or remove the slow immunity from sprint? Shell is insanely strong (I don't understand why more people don't pick it.), and with every single god having slows, and every tank buying shell + curse, you need something to get away.