PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Closed Alpha suggestions

HopefulGod
02-20-2016, 06:50 AM
My first issue is that we are required to start al the way from the bottom and work our way up after having to do the same on PC, maybe you could introduce a way to link to your PC account so that you can at least get all the Gods and Skins that you have previously paid for. Second issue is that the Alpha isn't updated to season 3 meaning you still have to pay for tier 1,2,3 relics and the new items have not been introduced this makes it hard for those who have already formulated builds and strategies around the new season 3 items. These are my main issues but everything else was good.

boomysmash
02-22-2016, 05:10 PM
My first issue is that we are required to start al the way from the bottom and work our way up after having to do the same on PC, maybe you could introduce a way to link to your PC account so that you can at least get all the Gods and Skins that you have previously paid for. Second issue is that the Alpha isn't updated to season 3 meaning you still have to pay for tier 1,2,3 relics and the new items have not been introduced this makes it hard for those who have already formulated builds and strategies around the new season 3 items. These are my main issues but everything else was good.

for the first part, unless i'm wrong, it was the same on xbox. Fact is, it's still Smite but it's a new competitive platform and so it makes sense to start from scratch. The game is free to play, having paid 30-40$ for all the gods on every platform would be a little bit of an abuse. For such a game, having to rebuy the godpack on console is fair in a world where almost nothing is free. They still had to pay people to develop it you know lol.

As for your second comment, that is valid point to complain about. IDK the logic behind lauching the game in s2 settings and hopefully that's just for the closed alpha or even limited to the first wave of tests. I got my key so i'll check it out today :P

Jonshock
02-29-2016, 08:39 AM
I just hope they dont keep it locked at 30fps...

TheBoogey
02-29-2016, 11:54 AM
Unless I am mistaken, weren't PC players able to do a 1 time transfer to XBOX before a cut off happened? I've been out of touch with SMITE due to my crappy PC, but now that the PS4 version is coming I am eager to get back into it. I have to agree that it would be a huge bummer to not have some sort of transfer. Since the game is free I understand that there will need to be a cost somewhere but losing all my PC progress is a huge worry. I would hate to lose all of my god mastery and diamond skins I grinded for. Plus all the gems I spent on the first World Championship Odyssey.

Does anyone have any insight on how the PC to XBOX transfer went down? You think PS4 will get a similar option?

Edit: I found the old XBOX FAQ and there was in fact an option for a one time PC to XBOX Account Merge.

The Account Merge process is initiated on the Smitegame.com website, not from within the Xbox game.
On the Account Merge page on the website, you’ll log in with both your PC and your Xbox accounts, choose to link them, and then choose the option to merge your PC account into your Xbox account.
Your purchases, favor earned and XP from your PC account will be *added* to your Xbox account. GEMS WILL NOT BE TRANSFERRED.

The following will NOT be added to your Xbox account
Gems
Mastery Levels
Any stats or activities

Hope this helps anyone who was wondering like me and I hope PS4 players are able to utilize this!