PDA

View Full Version : Newbie-Friendly Question Thread –– There are No Stupid Questions!

Pages : [1] 2

Valtieri
03-20-2014, 09:14 PM
We've all been there. Starting a new game, totally unfamiliar with the ins-and-outs of gods, roles, item trees, etc. The goal of this thread is to foster a friendly place for those who have questions to ask without any hesitation whatsoever!

There are no stupid questions, and no one here will mock you for not knowing something... so ask away! Whether you want to know what "HoG" means or what the basic Conquest meta is, there is nothing we all didn't know at some point.

DeamonMachine
03-20-2014, 09:33 PM
I'll start it off with some simple ones I get asked a lot:

Duo lane = The lane with the towers closer farther apart (Left side if you are starting Blue / Right Side if you are starting Red)
Solo Lane = Towers are closer together on the mini-map
Mid Lane = The middle
The jungle "line" is right in the middle of the map, horizontally if you want talk about "enemy jungle" or "friendly jungle"

Jungle Slang:
Red = Damage Buff Camp
Move = Movespeed Buff Camp
Blue = Cooldown + Mana Buff Camp
Mids = The middle harpies that are on either side of the middle lane in the middle of the map
Small Camp = the harpies that are in the jungle as you walk into it on both sides into your side of the jungle
GF = Gold Fury - Gold + Exp bonus when killed
FG = Fire Giant - Substantial buff of all stats for a short time

GloriousToast
03-20-2014, 10:10 PM
Adding onto what Deamon said.
Duo lane is the lane with the drop and beautiful view. This side will have closer access to the gold fury and your team's orange buff.
mid lane = middle lane, simple enough
solo lane = lane with an impassable wall on one side. This side is closer to the Fire giant and your team red buff.
both sides have blue in the corners right next to where the "outer" turrets are

red buff increases physical power if you are a physical, magical if you are magical
orange buff increases movement speed and attack speed
blue buff increases cooldown reduction and gives a bonus to the amount of mana per 5 seconds
mid furies off a significant amount of gold and exp then the fury camps in the middle.
Sorry, mine does not look as good as Deamon's

Jhengski
03-20-2014, 11:27 PM
How do you get better in playing ADC autoattacks? I've watched several videos of smite competitive plays and I'm just amazed at how accurate the pros are in playing adc (I think barracuda is the players name im not sure).. I tried playing adc but I miss like 90% of my shots..

Kraziub
03-20-2014, 11:50 PM
How do you get better in playing ADC autoattacks? I've watched several videos of smite competitive plays and I'm just amazed at how accurate the pros are in playing adc (I think barracuda is the players name im not sure).. I tried playing adc but I miss like 90% of my shots..
Play games like Osu! to improve your mouse control

GamesAndWhales
03-21-2014, 12:01 AM

It all comes with practice my friend. As a suggestion, if you're still learning, don't learn with Ah Muzen Cab. His autoattacks are fired a little to the left of normal, because he is left handed.

Jhengski
03-21-2014, 12:10 AM
Thank you, I'll just keep practicing.. I especially want to learn artemis, but I die a lot with her since she doesn't have a very reliable escape mechanism.. In general, is it wise to build attackspeed items or just pump out my damage so if i do get a hit it hurts?

Edit - what is Osu?

GamesAndWhales
03-21-2014, 12:20 AM
In general, is it wise to build attackspeed items or just pump out my damage so if i do get a hit it hurts?

Edit - what is Osu?

Attack Speed is generally a great thing to have on hunters, and has the added bonus of making missed shots less costly. Stats Hunters will generally want to build is attack speed, some lifesteal, penetration, and critical hit chance. You'll find most items with these stats have power on them anyway, so you generally have to worry about it less. Some specific items I'd recommend if you're unsure of where to start are Executioner, Quin's Sais, Asi, and Deathbringer, but there are plenty of other options.

As for Osu..... You've got me, I have no idea.

OblivKnight
03-21-2014, 01:00 AM
Edit - what is Osu?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osu!
Basically it's a game that can help improve aim, tracking and overall mouse usage and hand reaction time.

Phteven
03-21-2014, 01:02 AM
Hi there, I just started playing as Isis and really like her. Only issue I am having is finding an effective way of using her ultimate. Any suggestions for this?

I try placing it in team fights, but before much damage goes into it, enemies just walk out of it. Not like it's that big. I find myself having to detonate it right away for about 400-500 damage with a little heal. Pretty underwhelming in my opinion. Tips?

NinjaSniPAH
03-21-2014, 01:44 AM
Thank you, I'll just keep practicing.. I especially want to learn artemis, but I die a lot with her since she doesn't have a very reliable escape mechanism.. In general, is it wise to build attackspeed items or just pump out my damage so if i do get a hit it hurts?

Edit - what is Osu?

Its a rhythm game where you move your mouse to "beats" in the song, and try to click them obviously in rhythm to the song

(it also shows little circles around the beats that close in as its time to click them, but this can be turned off to gain more points if you want)

EyeIgnite
03-21-2014, 03:32 AM

Practice. Practice. Practice. More practice.

That's the only thing that'll help you. Working out the enemy player's pathing can also help, and remember, DO NOT by any means hold down the mouse when firing, you will have far better if you click click click -- the only downside to this is your rate of fire will decrease, but it's a small price to pay for better accuracy.

I make it a habit to play a couple bot games with any adc before I play them in Conquest, just to get a feel for it.

Mexican
03-21-2014, 03:35 AM

Its honestly just trying to predict your opponents movement, and sometimes even luck. If an opponent is running away and knows how to juke, it will probably give you a hard time.

EyeIgnite
03-21-2014, 03:36 AM
Hi there, I just started playing as Isis and really like her. Only issue I am having is finding an effective way of using her ultimate. Any suggestions for this?

I try placing it in team fights, but before much damage goes into it, enemies just walk out of it. Not like it's that big. I find myself having to detonate it right away for about 400-500 damage with a little heal. Pretty underwhelming in my opinion. Tips?

Well I'd say don't look to get the entire team into it, if you can, just place it in area where you can get a huge amount of detonation dmg on a single high priority target while also having it on your teammates. It just takes practice to figure out where to lay it down effectively.

I've managed to get quite a lot of full charged detonations on people, it's just a matter of experience IMO. Most people will place it down immediately, I like to be patient with my ults however, can be bad, but can be rewarding as well.

PofT
03-21-2014, 12:40 PM
How the hell am I supposed to play Bacchus?! He's constantly oom just by building his passive.
I would rather not get meditation on him.

Varangius
03-21-2014, 02:59 PM
How the hell am I supposed to play Bacchus?! He's constantly oom just by building his passive.
With Bacchus as support, it is better to get the first and maybe even second blue so that you can avoid early mana issues, however, some carries like Artemis struggle without an early blue buff and that is the sacrifice that the support has to make. At that point w/o blue early, it is better to not take your 1 until level 4, with your skill order being 2/3/3/1/5. Past that, mana potions can be extremely helpful in lane. Later in the game, your chug gives you a significant % of your passive and there is no need to spam it, so just try to stay in the highest part of the passive and use it right before initiation.

Kraziub
03-21-2014, 04:06 PM

Do not go past tipsy in the laning phase and use chug as little as possible. Ignore what Varan said about not taking chug until level 4. Your 3 is absolutely useless without the stun on it because it does basically no damage. Just get mana potions and don't get past tipsy in the laning phase, and only go into smashed when you need to during teamfights

NaitoNii
03-21-2014, 04:13 PM

Edit - what is Osu?

Artemis is a bit reliant on how you place your Vine Trap thingy really. I used to play Artemis a lot before Nu Wa was released and I always made sure I was near one of my traps so I could run away and make sure the enemy would run into it so it could buy me maybe one or two seconds of a head start.

It ain't the best strategy in existence of Smite. but it helped me a lot.

Jhengski
03-21-2014, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the tips guys! I have another question: how big on average is the difference in favor gained between 0 and 100% goodwill? I've been having some problems with the game recently where I get disconnected for no reason and ended up losing my goodwill several times. D:

MikalMirkas
03-21-2014, 07:57 PM

Predict where the enemy will be and shoot there. Alternatively, apply hard CC so that they can't dodge your shots.

or just build stupid high amounts of attack speed and turn your bow into a machine gun (Don't actually do this but it does give you a grasp on the speed of each projectile).

Thanks for the tips guys! I have another question: how big on average is the difference in favor gained between 0 and 100% goodwill? I've been having some problems with the game recently where I get disconnected for no reason and ended up losing my goodwill several times. D:
Negligible.

IIRC it's around a bonus 30 favor per game on average but not sure

Leyy
03-23-2014, 09:01 PM
I've always been interested in Bastet, but could never do any real damage on her. Is there some sort of combo or specific items that she needs to burst someone down like a typical assassin?

Onrak
03-24-2014, 10:34 AM
I've always been interested in Bastet, but could never do any real damage on her. Is there some sort of combo or specific items that she needs to burst someone down like a typical assassin?

It's the only god that i don't know how to play with. Your 1 is the biggest damage but you waste so much mana. HELP US PLEASE !!!

Varangius
03-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Assuming you play Bastet jungle, following the standard Bumba's, HoG, and Red Pot works well early game. From there, penetration items add a lot of damage to Bastet. With Pen boots and jotunn's wrath, you gain a lot of early damage. From there, you can go tanky or continue to build damage if that is what you need. As for skill combos, always attempt to get your 2 off second, be it after a leap in or using your 3. This makes use of your passive and with pen boots and jotunn's, your one two combo should take a lot of the health from your target.

Amero
03-25-2014, 12:47 AM
I have the bad habit of wanting to get Meditation for almost any god I play. I notice a lot of other players in the lower level range do the same so I figure it's fine for now, but I know it has a bad reputation and is pretty useless late game. How should I go about practicing without meditation? In the early game just a few casts will drain mana completely, so should I focus on only using skills when necessary? Should I stock up on mana potions? Thanks in advance :)

ItsNewtt
03-25-2014, 01:44 AM
I have the bad habit of wanting to get Meditation for almost any god I play. I notice a lot of other players in the lower level range do the same so I figure it's fine for now, but I know it has a bad reputation and is pretty useless late game. How should I go about practicing without meditation? In the early game just a few casts will drain mana completely, so should I focus on only using skills when necessary? Should I stock up on mana potions? Thanks in advance :)
Mana potions get you through. Use skills to clear waves/harass, but make sure not to waste any skills. For the very early game, I wouldn't harass, just focus on wave clearing. If your using a god like Ao or Ra, use your skills to clear the waves. If your using a god that doesn't have great lane clearing potential, use your basic attacks as much as you can and only use skills when necessary.

forgy23
03-25-2014, 02:01 AM
Just don't spam your kills. If you have to clear waves i assume you are playing adc/mid/solo ( Neith/Ao/Ra ) for example. All of the characters in the current meta that fit the roles above can clear waves without a problem after a few levels. Also stack minions with basic attacks so you can hit as many as you can with your skills. And later in the game mana won't be a problem for you.

Troxist
03-25-2014, 08:15 PM
I discovered Smite just one week ago, and I am interested in playing Smite, so I have been watching pro players on Twitch to try to understand the game so I am not running like a chicken with its head cut off when I do start playing. I have a question about all 5 roles and what they should be doing early/mid/late game. Every streamer I watch seems to run around the maps a lot so it's hard to discern the main responsibilities of ADC/Support/Mid/Jungler/Solo.

What are each of these 5 in-game roles supposed to be doing in every phase of the game: early, mid, and late game?

Onylight
03-25-2014, 09:04 PM
I discovered Smite just one week ago, and I am interested in playing Smite, so I have been watching pro players on Twitch to try to understand the game so I am not running like a chicken with its head cut off when I do start playing. I have a question about all 5 roles and what they should be doing early/mid/late game. Every streamer I watch seems to run around the maps a lot so it's hard to discern the main responsibilities of ADC/Support/Mid/Jungler/Solo.

What are each of these 5 in-game roles supposed to be doing in every phase of the game: early, mid, and late game?

ADC:

early game: go duo lane with support, try to win the lane and farm alot.
midgame: kinda the same, only look for some split push opportunities.
lategame: split push and help teamfights

Support:

early game: go duo lane with adc, buy eye/wards and hog. every time the mid harpies spawn, you should be there to help your jungler/mid secure them. also place some wards (everyone should to this tbh) and look for opportunities to gank other lanes and help where needed.
midgame: mostly the same as early game.
end game: get hog3 to secure the goldfury/firegiant kills. get sentry wards and place them at fg/gf. initiate teamfights at the right moment and be prepared to save your teammates lives by putting yourself infront of them.

mid:

Early game: go mid lane, ward the mid harpies and win your lane by poking and outsmarting your enemies. also go to the harpies every time they spawn. if the enemy mid rotates, follow them or push the tower. always call out the missings.
midgame: look for ganks left and right lane, help with mid harpies and keep control of midlane. keep warding your lane so you don't get ganked easy. this depends from god to god.
end game: depends from god to god, but participate in teamfights and do a crapload of damage.

Jungler:

early game: get red pot, hog and bumbas/death's toll. start red/midharpies or speed/blue (depends on what side you are on). after getting the buffs, help the solo laner untill the mid harpies spawn, rotate and get mid harpies. from there on looks for ganks, get jungle buffs and keep track of the timers.
midgame: keep high presence around the map, look for ganks and keep your jungle farm up. help lanes that are in trouble, but don't let yourself get behind.
end game: eat the mages and ADCs nomnomnom. basicly depends from character to character. participate in teamfights and clean up.

Solo:

early game: get blue buff and defend your tower. if you have the time help the jungler with some buffs and rotate to mid harpies. basicly, just defend your tower and don't let anyone touch it, it's yours!
midgame: same stuff, but also rotate and gank if you see an opportunity. try to steal the enemy blue buff too.
end game: participate in teamfights and roam+ place wards

that's the basic concept of the roles. might have missed some points, but this should be enough to start with!

Amero
03-26-2014, 06:02 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for the tips. It will be great once I'm used to having no meditation :P I'll have a free active slot to pick something much more useful!
One thing I admit I'll miss is the healing part of it. It has saved me many times when I'm very low on health, getting that instant 25% heal or whatever it is. Ah well, guess that won't matter if I replace it with sprint or blink or whatever :)

EDIT: I would love to learn jungling as there isn't really a 'tutorial' for it in-game. Does anyone know of a good guide (video or text) that teaches the fundamentals and optimal strategies? Ta!

Varangius
03-26-2014, 03:52 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the tips. It will be great once I'm used to having no meditation :P I'll have a free active slot to pick something much more useful!
One thing I admit I'll miss is the healing part of it. It has saved me many times when I'm very low on health, getting that instant 25% heal or whatever it is. Ah well, guess that won't matter if I replace it with sprint or blink or whatever :)

EDIT: I would love to learn jungling as there isn't really a 'tutorial' for it in-game. Does anyone know of a good guide (video or text) that teaches the fundamentals and optimal strategies? Ta!

Biblestudy has posted a few videos explaining the basics of each role. The jungling video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw5oYKtBLog and I encourage you to watch any of his other videos for the other roles as well.

Hellzsaint28
03-26-2014, 04:49 PM
What is the quickest or what do I kill first as a jungler. A lot of the time I play jungle I do well but people would complain on how I roam it.

Onrak
03-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Try to clean your jungle very fast, cause you have to help the mid with mid camps. After that, try to gank everywhere even if you can't kill an ennemy, just try to make him back.

Troxist
04-01-2014, 07:59 PM
1. What are the hardest to easiest roles (ADC, support, jungler, mid, and solo) to play in Conquest (listed from hardest to easiest to play well at)?

2. What are the most in-demand in-game roles in the community (I want to pick a role, such as jungler or mid, etc etc, and play a pool of those gods on a consistent basis to get good at them, so that's why I want to know what's in-demand and what's not)?

Ferrite
04-01-2014, 11:02 PM
1. What are the hardest to easiest roles (ADC, support, jungler, mid, and solo) to play in Conquest (listed from hardest to easiest to play well at)?

2. What are the most in-demand in-game roles in the community (I want to pick a role, such as jungler or mid, etc etc, and play a pool of those gods on a consistent basis to get good at them, so that's why I want to know what's in-demand and what's not)?

1. Hardest to Easiest: Jungler/Support > Mid > Solo > ADC in my opinion Solo and ADC do not get to the late game as often as you'd like in no competitive matches, and I think Jungler/Support have the highest curve to play well. Mid just gets ganked a lot.

2. Solo, Hunter, Jungle appear to be the preferred roles from my point of view, but it's too hard to say.

YourSexyMother
04-02-2014, 06:33 AM
Hey, I play Arena mostly and i'm getting close to 5.5k favor. My question is, should i get Xbalanque or Ao Kuang? I want a god which is good at killing other gods.

Thanks in advance.

Lefargon
04-02-2014, 07:29 AM
I want a god which is good at killing other gods.

Then neither. Xbalanque if it HAS to be one of those two.

Edit: Lookit all dem cupids.

What is the quickest or what do I kill first as a jungler. A lot of the time I play jungle I do well but people would complain on how I roam it.

You should always start on the side of the jungle closest to the solo/short lane. If you're starting on the order/blue side start at the damage/red buff. If you're starting on the chaos/red side start at the speed/orange buff. Then go to the solo lane to leach some farm until around the 2 minute mark when you should be rotating for mid camps.

Make sure you're rotating to the mid camps every single time they're up, try to take buffs quickly every time they're up and don't neglect the small camps, there's been so many times when I've seen a jungle go back at 1/4 health when they could be safely taking a small camp.

Zantej
04-02-2014, 08:24 AM
1. Hardest to Easiest: Jungler/Support > Mid > Solo > ADC in my opinion Solo and ADC do not get to the late game as often as you'd like in no competitive matches, and I think Jungler/Support have the highest curve to play well. Mid just gets ganked a lot.

2. Solo, Hunter, Jungle appear to be the preferred roles from my point of view, but it's too hard to say.
I kinda have to disagree there. I think it's more like Support > Jungler > ADC > Solo > Mid. Mid can be pretty easy at lower levels of play, especially if you pick an afk farmer like Ao, Poseidon, or Ra. Note that gods like these can afford to turtle a lot. Supports easily have the most pressure on them to start teamfights and protect carries, whereas a jungler's job becomes a lot simpler lategame(one could argue it gets harder for supports). ADC is again a difficult role, since you are supposed to be your team's sustain damage, which means you have to land most of your autos - no mean feat especially for newer players or LoL/DoTA immigrants. Solo can be a bit rough early game if you're being outpushed, but that evens itself out later, and if you picked a bruiser in solo lategame you can easily stay in fights comfortably enough while putting out considerable amounts of damage. Idk. I just feel that you can't say the ADC is the easiest role. It can be pretty rough sometimes.

Epicsauce1234
04-02-2014, 08:32 AM
What kind of items should I buy when jungling?

YourSexyMother
04-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Then neither. Xbalanque if it HAS to be one of those two.

Then which one do you recommend ?

Epicsauce1234
04-02-2014, 08:35 AM

I think it depends a little on how you go about playing arena. The way I play I do best with guardians or Thor. A god i see a lot of when I play arena is Thanatos.

Lefargon
04-02-2014, 08:36 AM

For arena Zeus.

Edit: Honestly at low levels you can catch a lot of newbie players out with Ao's ult if you really wanna go for Ao.

Troxist
04-03-2014, 01:57 AM
What time does Gold Fury first spawn? What time does Fire Giant first spawn?

MikalMirkas
04-03-2014, 03:54 AM
GF: 10s and has around 2000hp

FG: 10m and can't remember the hp off of the top of my head

objective hp scales with time elapsed

Flareb00t
04-03-2014, 11:28 AM

Spawns at 10s after minions spawn with 2700 hp, gains 270 HP a minute.

FG: Spawns at 10 minutes after minions spawn,7500 HP and gains 130(AFAIK) a minute.

Zantej
04-03-2014, 05:29 PM
I personally would actually recommend Xbal. He may be mid tier in Conquest, but he's ban-worthy in Arena. Quite top tier, actually.

MikalMirkas
04-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Spawns at 10s after minions spawn with 2700 hp, gains 270 HP a minute.

FG: Spawns at 10 minutes after minions spawn, gains 130(AFAIK) a minute.

but how much HP does FG spawn with again

i forget

in addition minions always spawn at 0s so you can blanket stateit and just say that it spawns at 10s

Flareb00t
04-04-2014, 10:31 AM
but how much HP does FG spawn with again

i forget

in addition minions always spawn at 0s so you can blanket stateit and just say that it spawns at 10s

10s could imply 10s into the game. Remember there are 90 seconds or so before minions spawn.

MikalMirkas
04-04-2014, 01:16 PM
10s could imply 10s into the game. Remember there are 90 seconds or so before minions spawn.

>implying implications

eh fair point i guess for this thread only.

Alternatively, I'll reword my statement. 10s poststart.

FrostyRose
04-05-2014, 12:46 PM
just started the game 1-2 days ago and really liking it. Found myself loving guan yu for warrior and especially Artemis for hunter so far. I want to add a good guardian and mage to my rotation of characters before i concentrate on learning the items. currently sitting at 4k favor, what would be a good guardian to buy once i hit 5.5k. i tend to play a little aggressively (https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/stats.aspx?player=FrostyRose)(for better or worse). thanks

also what are some good ways to counter loki, that trickster is the bane of my existence.

P.S i don't mind characters with a high difficulty on the learning curve, more so i prefer those types

Varangius
04-05-2014, 01:29 PM
just started the game 1-2 days ago and really liking it. Found myself loving guan yu for warrior and especially Artemis for hunter so far. I want to add a good guardian and mage to my rotation of characters before i concentrate on learning the items. currently sitting at 4k favor, what would be a good guardian to buy once i hit 5.5k. i tend to play a little aggressively (https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/stats.aspx?player=FrostyRose)(for better or worse). thanks

also what are some good ways to counter loki, that trickster is the bane of my existence.

P.S i don't mind characters with a high difficulty on the learning curve, more so i prefer those types
First of all, welcome to SMITE! To answer your question, Guan Yu can be played as a guardian if you want to stick with him. Another good choice would be Sun Wukong. With him, you can play aggressively in lane and get off good rotations. Ymir is also a good choice and is fairly simple to learn.

To deal with Loki, you need to see how he is building. If he goes for damage (Deathbringer, Qins, etc.) you should consider picking up Breastplate of Valor on Mages. If he goes for pen (titan's bane, jotunn's) building health is the best way to go. Aegis Amulet also really helps against a Loki. Outside of counterbuilding, positioning is key against a Loki. As a carry, try to stick to the backline and know that if Loki assassinates you, your team is likely to turn on him and go 1 for 1 worst case. If you are a tank, know to turn if he goes to your backlines, or, if he goes for you, be happy because your tankiness should allow you to live.

FrostyRose
04-05-2014, 03:55 PM
i see so when building guan as a guardian i want more armor/hp items

a1sock
04-05-2014, 08:52 PM
is heartseeker bought and rushed on hunters just because of its low price? When should it be skipped?

any tips on settings, I see a lot of marker and ground target stuff but havent messed around with anything yet

MikalMirkas
04-05-2014, 08:59 PM
is heartseeker bought and rushed on hunters just because of its low price? When should it be skipped?

any tips on settings, I see a lot of marker and ground target stuff but havent messed around with anything yet

HS is rushed because:

A) cheap
B) powerful
C) synergizes with Watcher's Gift
D) promotes lasthitting which you should be doing already

ZeDGS12
04-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Hello, I am pretty much completely new to SMITE, I've played League of Legends and am going to start playing SMITE. I am just having trouble figuring out which god is for which lane/role. Can someone help me out with this?

forgy23
04-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Mid Lane ( you need good wave clear and to be able to contest mid camps ) - Agni, Pos, Ao, Ra, He Bo
ADC ( your job will be getting the kills and putting out the most dmg late game ) - Neith, Anhur, Apollo ( long lane with the support )
Support ( eat the all the dmg :D ) - Sobek, Athena, Wukong, Ymir ( long lane with the adc )
Solo ( good clear wave ) - Ra,Tyr, Vamana, Herc, Hel, Odin, the list is long here ( short lane )
JUngle ( being able to gank and clear jungle camps fast and eficiently ) - Thor, Ne Zha, Fenrir, Baka, Freya, Nemesis - long list here, too

baddwolf
04-06-2014, 03:24 PM
What is scaling? I don't get it.

ZeDGS12
04-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Mid Lane ( you need good wave clear and to be able to contest mid camps ) - Agni, Pos, Ao, Ra, He Bo
ADC ( your job will be getting the kills and putting out the most dmg late game ) - Neith, Anhur, Apollo ( long lane with the support )
Support ( eat the all the dmg :D ) - Sobek, Athena, Wukong, Ymir ( long lane with the adc )
Solo ( good clear wave ) - Ra,Tyr, Vamana, Herc, Hel, Odin, the list is long here ( short lane )
JUngle ( being able to gank and clear jungle camps fast and eficiently ) - Thor, Ne Zha, Fenrir, Baka, Freya, Nemesis - long list here, too

Thanks for the help, it is very much appreciated.

Gummby
04-06-2014, 11:52 PM
hey guys i am currently at level 21, and seem to go pretty well most the time depends on the team, i started off with mage got good but i decided i like being in the front line so i decided to play tanks, yesterday my friend who is level 30 and silvee league took me in a normal conquest game, and it was extremely tough, we were in the duo lane, and i could hardly land many shots on the enemy gods when they harrass(artemis i was) also i am new too moba i have played shooter games alot cs, ect. but it amazes me too see how people just move around like there dancing, so how do you get better at juking,

Kreuston
04-07-2014, 06:01 AM
it amazes me too see how people just move around like there dancing, so how do you get better at juking,

It's about knowing what the enemy god is capable of and anticipation of your oponent's moves. So what you need is practise, practise, practise, and after that some more practise:D

Lefargon
04-07-2014, 08:57 AM
What is scaling? I don't get it.

Scaling just means that something gets stronger as some value gets higher (if you've played Oblivion or Skyrim you will know that the enemies scale/get stronger with your level), so for example an ability will scale based on you power.

Let's use Bastet as an example:
Bastet's second ability (Razor Whip) does 30/50/70/90/110 base damage (fixed damage that isn't affected by variables) and (+25% of your physical power) scaling. So say you have 40 physical power and it's a level 1 it will do 30 base damage (+25% of 40 = 10 scaling damage) = 40 overall damage. If you have 200 physical power and it's at level 1 it will do 30 base damage (+25% of 200 = 50 scaling damage) = 80 overall damage.

FrostyRose
04-07-2014, 06:40 PM
during ares ult no escape can you increase speed at which you backpedal using items or an active? just want to make sure before i try

BarettaDarkWing
04-07-2014, 08:28 PM
during ares ult no escape can you increase speed at which you backpedal using items or an active? just want to make sure before i try

You can, but items and actives that increase movement speed cannot and will not save you from the crowd control coming from Ares' ult. Some items that will save you from his Ult include: Magi's Blessing, Aegis Pendant, and Purification Beads because they cancel out the crowd control from the ult. You will still take damage (unless you used Aegis Pendant) though.

FrostyRose
04-07-2014, 10:21 PM
You can, but items and actives that increase movement speed cannot and will not save you from the crowd control coming from Ares' ult. Some items that will save you from his Ult include: Magi's Blessing, Aegis Pendant, and Purification Beads because they cancel out the crowd control from the ult. You will still take damage (unless you used Aegis Pendant) though.

ah sorry i meant i wanted to increase Ares' speed while backpedaling with his ult, that way i can get into my tower or my team and away from other enemy players faster. the only shoes i use with him is shoes of focus

LostScarf
04-08-2014, 12:16 AM
ah sorry i meant i wanted to increase Ares' speed while backpedaling with his ult, that way i can get into my tower or my team and away from other enemy players faster. the only shoes i use with him is shoes of focus

Items and Actives do affect how far Ares can go between his Ult cast and pull. It can be a significant range, but probably not enough to choose MS over other stats. Also when ulting you should turn around to move towards your tower instead of back pedaling.

Troxist
04-08-2014, 02:30 AM
What does snowballing mean? What is a Bruiser and when do I know when a character is building/using a bruiser?

Lefargon
04-08-2014, 03:01 AM
What does snowballing mean? What is a Bruiser and when do I know when a character is building/using a bruiser?

Snowballing is exactly what it sounds like. When you get a kill or assist or just generally get ahead of your opponent it gives you an advantage, that advantage causes you to get even further ahead and gain more advantage. This causes you to "snowball" ahead of your opponents and get stronger and stronger while they still lag behind.

A bruiser is a common term for a damage + protections hybrid or a character which does a significant amount of damage whilst also being somewhat tanky. The "bruiser" class in smite is commonly the warrior (http://smite.gamepedia.com/Category:Warrior_gods) class although there are some exceptions to this (hades and ares are considered magical damage bruisers).

The old fatalis used to give better backpedal speed but it wasn't picked up on ares since it's other base stats weren't really useful for him. As already mentioned it's better to turn around to get the increased movement speed instead of forcing yourself to build into it. Also don't buy sprint on him, hog and blink are pretty much essential.

Gummby
04-08-2014, 03:23 AM
hey guys so i have improved my gameplay much much more since i started, and often take up the coordination role, but sad to say at level 22, some people just don't respond a whole game / or walk into a 1v3 willingly and dieing, also i try play athena and tank but it ends up with my team not doing enough damage to capitalize on it, i want to learn how to snowball as a bruizer, i think i can handle the lanning faze solo pretty ok, but if you keep them to the tower you still get ganked, and it's hard early even if you have wards, i also don't like to play cheasy gods ect nemesis zeus :D, i am pretty ok with Hercules but what's the point of tanking if your team can't do anything about it?

and the most annoying part is once there carry is up to speed it easily becomes a lost game. maybe i learn to be a carry?

also guys i am so bad playing hunter, i often miss my enemy gods 2/4 or maybe more, the better i get it seems the more i need the team too.

Gummby
04-08-2014, 03:36 AM
oh also, its so much different then higher levels because around 22, you dont get a chance to really farm much, as everyone clusters together quite early, and if you stay in your lane while everything else is dieing seems a little selfish :( i seem to get good farm advantage when i play mages, as i am pretty good at harrass and sustain and also ganking and taking care of mid camps. but yes i really want to learn solo lane to the point where i can impact the team more,

Lefargon
04-08-2014, 03:52 AM
hey guys so i have improved my gameplay much much more since i started, and often take up the coordination role, but sad to say at level 22, some people just don't respond a whole game / or walk into a 1v3 willingly and dieing, also i try play athena and tank but it ends up with my team not doing enough damage to capitalize on it, i want to learn how to snowball as a bruizer, i think i can handle the lanning faze solo pretty ok, but if you keep them to the tower you still get ganked, and it's hard early even if you have wards, i also don't like to play cheasy gods ect nemesis zeus :D, i am pretty ok with Hercules but what's the point of tanking if your team can't do anything about it?

and the most annoying part is once there carry is up to speed it easily becomes a lost game. maybe i learn to be a carry?

also guys i am so bad playing hunter, i often miss my enemy gods 2/4 or maybe more, the better i get it seems the more i need the team too.

I'd try tyr solo, I've had good experiences carrying games as him, start off with boots 2, hog 1, 2 wards and 2 health pots, if you're against a mage in solo lane you might wanna consider picking up stone of gaia but boots is pretty standard. Go take your blue buff and go to lane, from there just build protections and a little pen (Jotunn's Wrath is great on tyr because of the cooldown) and you're pretty much set. If you feel like you can go straight into the advanced stuff try picking up blink early on, trying to blink behind your opponent and using your 1 to initiate on them although it's better to just figure out how the character works before doing any crazy stuff.

If you want a general idea of how to build him something like: Warrior's Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath, Void Shield, Bulwark of Hope (shifter's shield works here too if you don't have to worry about magic damage too much or magi's blessing if you're getting stun locked), Titan's Bane(this can be replaced if the enemy isn't building much physical protection), Deathbringer

Also try not to double post, you can edit your original post and add something to the end of it.

Gummby
04-08-2014, 07:26 AM
sorry and thanks Lefargon would quins and some life steal items fit in there as well? i just tried my first sunwukong game and jungled, went ninja boots, quins, titans, malice went 6-1 expecting us too loose but we did not, i found it very very different then playing hercules, just the damage output, and also the attacking range is much easier i find(sunwu), i will be trying that out very soon the tyr build. I also found that i can actually do more for the team if i jungle, as i am always trying to help my team out and assist and stuff, and i find that ganking can help them a lot, many don't call it out at my level.

also Lefargon what is your knowledge on Odin or Chaac

i watched drybear's ymir jungle and was amazed at the pure damage output of his abilities, and the thing is at my level not many people choose supports or tanks, so it's kind of a win win. thank you

Hankthol
04-08-2014, 07:53 AM
I have a q for you guys, does pentration do any good if the target that you are atacking isn't buyilding with any defencive items.

Lefargon
04-08-2014, 08:35 AM
sorry and thanks Lefargon would quins and some life steal items fit in there as well? i just tried my first sunwukong game and jungled, went ninja boots, quins, titans, malice went 6-1 expecting us too loose but we did not, i found it very very different then playing hercules, just the damage output, and also the attacking range is much easier i find(sunwu), i will be trying that out very soon the tyr build. I also found that i can actually do more for the team if i jungle, as i am always trying to help my team out and assist and stuff, and i find that ganking can help them a lot, many don't call it out at my level.

also Lefargon what is your knowledge on Odin or Chaac

i watched drybear's ymir jungle and was amazed at the pure damage output of his abilities, and the thing is at my level not many people choose supports or tanks, so it's kind of a win win. thank you

Sorry for the late reply I was having lunch. While qin's is okay on Tyr the attack speed isn't necessary and it really doesn't give tyr anything that he particularly needs and lifesteal on tyr is pretty much rendered useless from the healing on his 2 in defence stance, you can also play Tyr in the jungle as long as you make sure you're using his 2 to heal a lot. I also forgot to mention what skills you should be leveling up to level 5 you want to level 1-2-3-2-4 then after that it's 2>1>3>4. You don't level his ult because it doesn't give you as much damage as his 2 and 1 and is essentially just used as an escape.

Odin is honestly better as a support right now but he works really well in solo too, you'd build him similarly to Tyr as for chacc he's pretty much the same as tyr, he can jungle, he can solo, he has a heal, strong attacks and decent mobility.

Ymir jungle I hear is really good if you know how to build him right but I've honestly never been able to make it work so I'm not the best person to ask.

I have a q for you guys, does pentration do any good if the target that you are atacking isn't buyilding with any defencive items.
Yes. If they're not building protections that means that demonic grip (half of the passive), titan's bane, executioner, obsidian shard and spear of the magus (half of the passive) will give you lower numbers as it's percentage based however flat pen warrior's tabi/shoes of the magi, void shield/void stone, spear of the magus (stats and the other half of the passive), demonic grip (the other half of the passive) and probably some others that I'm forgetting will essentially be more valuable. For example a lot of characters start the game with 30 magical protection and it doesn't scale from there, that means with both spear of the magus (or void stone) and shoes of the magi you're doing true damage (100% of your magical power unmitigated) to those characters, or at least close to it (not sure if/how DR applies to pen) as your pen >= their protections.

tl;dr if the enemy team is building a lot of protections get % pen if they're not get flat pen.

Sonicherois
04-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Interesting thread, haven't even noticed it was alive >.> Might I join on helping with questions? ^^'

Lefargon
04-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Might I join on helping with questions? ^^'

No need to ask permission just dive in dude. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff here you can still clear up if you dig a bit.

NGDragon
04-08-2014, 04:12 PM

Use it as a counter to an initiate so that the enemy team is either forced to stay in it and fight your team or leave and take a bit of damage from your team/ult.

Second tactic is to play it in chokepoints or at objectives so you can zone/support your team.
Lots of people will try to get out of an isis ult fast, use this to your advantage.

Troxist
04-08-2014, 07:27 PM
If I kill a buff camp and the buff drops to the ground and I leave it there, can enemy team pick up that buff or can it only be picked up by members of my team only?

How many minutes does a buff stay on ground if it's not picked up?

Lefargon
04-09-2014, 03:27 AM
If I kill a buff camp and the buff drops to the ground and I leave it there, can enemy team pick up that buff or can it only be picked up by members of my team only?

How many minutes does a buff stay on ground if it's not picked up?

Only the team that last hits the buff mob (the big one) can grab the buff, securing the non-buff mobs is less important but keep in mind that they still grant you gold and experience.

I'm fairly certain it stays on the ground for 60 seconds but I can't really back that up with anything.

Flareb00t
04-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Only the team that last hits the buff mob (the big one) can grab the buff, securing the non-buff mobs is less important but keep in mind that they still grant you gold and experience.

I'm fairly certain it stays on the ground for 60 seconds but I can't really back that up with anything.

30 seconds.

Yes. If they're not building protections that means that demonic grip (half of the passive), titan's bane, executioner, obsidian shard and spear of the magus (half of the passive) will give you lower numbers as it's percentage based however flat pen warrior's tabi/shoes of the magi, void shield/void stone, spear of the magus (stats and the other half of the passive), demonic grip (the other half of the passive) and probably some others that I'm forgetting will essentially be more valuable. For example a lot of characters start the game with 30 magical protection and it doesn't scale from there, that means with both spear of the magus (or void stone) and shoes of the magi you're doing true damage (100% of your magical power unmitigated) to those characters, or at least close to it (not sure if/how DR applies to pen) as your pen >= their protections.

tl;dr if the enemy team is building a lot of protections get % pen if they're not get flat pen.

1. DR isn't applied to pen,except that reduction makes % pen weaker, and makes flat pen stronger. In fact, penetration has increasing efficency, because the more you buy the more each point is effective.

Reducing someone's armour from 100 to 50 takes your damage from 50% to 66.6rec%. That's a 1.33x damage multiplier by increasing damage by 16.6rec%.
Reducing someone's armour from 50 to 0 takes your damage form 66.6rec% to 100%. That's the same 1.33x multiplier, but by increasing your damage by 33.3rec%.

MikalMirkas
04-09-2014, 06:41 AM
-snip-

dropped buffs should start flashing when they are about to vanish for the sake of communication imo

>right in front of buff

>vanishes

>"oh cool"

Flareb00t
04-09-2014, 07:25 AM
dropped buffs should start flashing when they are about to vanish for the sake of communication imo

>right in front of buff

>vanishes

>"oh cool"

There is a far-too-subtle flashing indicator when it hits 25s. Or it may just be because low-quality.

Gummby
04-09-2014, 09:06 AM
hey guys im starting to get really annoyed lately, most of my games people don't communicate and i mean like not even speak or use any commands, therefore we usually end up loosing for that reason , and i can't seem to stop being mad, sometimes i just rome around playing hide and seek to entertain myself when our team won't surrender 5-45 deaths our team,

also i started with tier but man it also annoys me that at this level people just go wherever they like(enemy team) so i was on solo lane and theres a hercules and neith, i tried my best, meanwhile theres 2 mages in mid.. did they help not at all. my jungler tried. and also when picking gods for the start no one talks at all, i think its really frustrating and the matchmaking needs to change somehow. when im annoyed i also just suicide so much, and most the time when im aggressive i think my team's with me and look behind and there not there :(

so my question is how do i 2v1 that herc was just using his earthquake and knocking me back the whole time:( i found it hard to juke because neith was just hitting me as well.

is there any mentors or coaches for smite?

MikalMirkas
04-09-2014, 09:07 AM
There is a far-too-subtle flashing indicator when it hits 25s. Or it may just be because low-quality.

I play on low because my processor's shit.

time to play on max

hey guys im starting to get really annoyed lately, most of my games people don't communicate and i mean like not even speak or use any commands, therefore we usually end up loosing for that reason , and i can't seem to stop being mad, sometimes i just rome around playing hide and seek to entertain myself when our team won't surrender 5-45 deaths our team,

also i started with tier but man it also annoys me that at this level people just go wherever they like(enemy team) so i was on solo lane and theres a hercules and neith, i tried my best, meanwhile theres 2 mages in mid.. did they help not at all. my jungler tried. and also when picking gods for the start no one talks at all, i think its really frustrating and the matchmaking needs to change somehow. when im annoyed i also just suicide so much, and most the time when im aggressive i think my team's with me and look behind and there not there :(

so my question is how do i 2v1 that herc was just using his earthquake and knocking me back the whole time:( i found it hard to juke because neith was just hitting me as well.

have fun

#yolo

if your team isn't trying then just do whatever

Lefargon
04-09-2014, 09:14 AM

Herc/Neith is a really strong harass combo, especially against a god like Tyr, your best bet would've been to play super passive, just sit under your tower and kill the minions till someone on your team had a chance to rotate and help you, remember that your 2 heals you for a LOT if you level it up and it's probably a good idea to start building physical defence straight away (maybe even forgo boots) if you're up against a duo physical lane.

The best advice I can give you is to remember that not every game will be like that and just keep at it, remember that you can't control who you get matched up against but you can try to get better and better all the time, regardless of how well your teammates are doing. Maybe if you end up playing with someone who does really well and seems to know what they're doing ask if you can queue with them, a lot of the time they will say yes and you might even make some good friends out of it.

Gummby
04-09-2014, 12:11 PM
thanks Lefar yeah i have made a few friends that i added.
yeah i could push the wave pretty ok at the start just the harass got to me, i always like to stick to the rule don't let the minions come into the tower as you loose gold, yah the team did not help the jungler helped but loki bit weak at beginning, yah im amazed at how much he can heal, i have to admitt though my skill aim is not the best, i play at like 250-300 ping @ AUS :( so its abit tricky sometimes but i was amazed at the damage output on tyr,

however i have been playing Athena more and more and i think i like supporting and tanking as well. i am finding that i need to be much more passive then aggressive as it's getting me killed easier. I am starting to farm more and stay in the lane longer to try have a edge. i played with Sonicherios today and the game was a whole new level i tried the tyr jungle but fell so behind, in terms of sustain and it put me so badly behind. and could not keep up with the pressure. but ill keep at it, i am learning how to enjoy playing without depending on the team too much slowly slowly,

i think i get caught out in overextending, sometimes i dont want to ward because i need the pots for sustain, i like to keep them inside there tower. but theres always a risk of ganked, sometimes i push then retreat a little, if you dont extend then that means you just let them farm halfway?

Troxist
04-09-2014, 02:56 PM
At what point of the game should your team be attacking Gold Fury?

At what point of the game should your team be attacking Fire Giant?

LostScarf
04-09-2014, 04:14 PM
At what point of the game should your team be attacking Gold Fury?

At what point of the game should your team be attacking Fire Giant?

As soon as possible for both.

For Gold Fury, once your team has enough damage to take the Gold Fury quickly AND you have a god with WoG (HoG3) and most of the enemy team is dead or atleast their gods who have WoG.

Same goes for Fire Giant, you want most of the other team's Gods dead before you attempt, especially the gods who could steal it from you.

You should really only attempt to take GF or FG when everyone's alive if you have complete control of Wards, can clear quickly, and confident they have no idea you're doing it.

Troxist
04-10-2014, 01:37 AM
When I watch ranked on twitch, at loading screen, I see some players have Kills, Assists, and Wins on their player card shown. What are the conditions to have those stats shown on player card at loading screen?

arka222
04-10-2014, 02:49 AM

Her ultimate can be used in various ways:

1-It a be used as a last hit to kill gods because it has some damage even without getting charged.
2- Can use it to heal yourself and the allies.
3- Very good in team fights, can zone out enemies
4- Try to use it in the range of an allied structure like a tower or a phoenix when an enemy is in or the whole enemy team is on offensive. It charges to huge amounts very quickly.

arka222
04-10-2014, 02:50 AM
When I watch ranked on twitch, at loading screen, I see some players have Kills, Assists, and Wins on their player card shown. What are the conditions to have those stats shown on player card at loading screen?

Get a gold skin

Flareb00t
04-10-2014, 04:47 AM

Buy the gold skin for that god after reaching Mastery Level 1 or higher on that god. This will cost you 15000 favour, or 400 gems. It's advised you don't spend gems on it though, they're basically a favour sink :D

Gummby
04-10-2014, 06:44 AM
so i solo'd hercules against hades and started hide of the urchin, and each time he beat me on the waves and killed me twice, i honestly just gave up, it felt so unfair , how the hell do you take on hades

Troxist
04-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Is there a guide I can find that lists the general rotation of a jungler, or the lists of things to do while in lane? I ask because I've been watching pros on the twitch stream for 3 weeks now, and it's hard to know why they abandon their lane in order to go to another place on the map while they could be pushing the enemy tower in their lane? It's very confusing to narrow down a priority list of things a player should be doing because I see them roaming all over the map.

Basically, I'm asking how I know when to rotate lanes? Everything is too confusing watching other players to narrow down when the best timing is to rotate.

EckoShy
04-11-2014, 07:53 AM
I have a problem with playing warriors, and need some advice.

To my understanding the point of a warrior is to be tanky enough to survive a fight without a lot of worry, but not practically immortal like a guardian, and to still deal out significant damage with basics and abilities when used correctly. My biggest problem though is with my item build for a warrior. Obviously I should get at least one defensive item for each damage type, but should I stay with just one or go for two each? Or perhaps two for whatever damage type the other team has more of and then one for the less? And for my damage items, what should be important to focus on? At a guess I would say to ignore items with crit chance and just go for raw stats like damage, attack speed, and penetration, so items like the Executioner would be perfect. Is that about right? Also, for the boots that a warrior should equip is it generally better to go with the damage Tabi's or guardian Greaves? And which starting item is most beneficial for a warrior to get, Death's Tole or Mark of the Vanguard?

Also, for when I'm in solo lane during the early game (Like levels 1 - 10) should I be prioritizing my main damage ability or my survivability? Take for example Chaac. Should I level up his throwing axe (1) most for wave clear, or his rain (3) most for the healing? Or with Tyr should I be ranking up his dash (1) for wave clear or his aoe slash (2) for slight healing and some damage on the front group in a minion wave?

Onlycorndog
04-11-2014, 03:32 PM
To counter Hades, attack with at-least one ally. Hades is a Guardian-type God meaning that he usually either builds his Hades towards pure damage (popular because lots of people consider Hades a poor tank, I disagree) or he's rediculously good at killing warriors with a Guardian (if so, he's probably really skilled with Hades because Hades lacks any powerful single-target damage).
Hades looks scary and has some great CC (his 2 is a wide frontal cone silence and can even fear you) and can heal himself with his 3 (drains life from enemies around him with a blast of AoE damage), but can be quickly overwhelmed if you take him by surprise or have somebody else with you.
Failing that, grab items that have magical protection and lots of physical power and a warrior God should be able to overwhelm Hades if you catch him away from any minions (because he can use his 3 to kill them and get a big self-heal).
Remember, unless the situation is utterly hopeless, giving up is what the enemy will want you to do. It makes it easier for them to defeat your team if your team is one man short. This goes for Hades especially because if there are less enemies fighting his team, that means there is a lower chance that they will team up against him. If Hades is allowed to wander around with your minions around him for too long, it's unlikely that you'll be able to defeat him alone if he is a skilled Hades player.

Some tips to fighting against Hades in SMITE (assuming he plays correctly and isn't doing some crazy unique build):

1.) Allies are your best friend. He's good against single opponents if he catches you by surprise and uses his 2 to silence and fear you but doesn't do well against multiple enemies without somebody to back him up.

2.) Don't fight Hades anywhere near minions or minion-lanes. Hades' 3, "Devour Souls", is a powerful area of effect healing attack that, when combined with his 1 ( a teleport called "Death from Below" which applies the "Blight" debuff that makes his 3 not only deal heavy area damage but heal his allies as well) makes Hades very difficult to kill. If there are no minions around for him to devour, Hades will be forced to use it on you (because you are only one target, he will not get healed for nearly as much) or be forced to retreat to his fountain to heal.

3.) If Hades hits you with his basic attacks, you will have the "Blight" debuff that makes his 3 do extra damage and gives his 2, "Shroud of Darkness", the added effect of applying a nasty fear effect on you. If possible, try to avoid his basic attacks. Furthermore, his 2, "shroud of Darkness", will apply "Blight" as well, but will NOT fear you if you were not affected by "Blight" before. Using any of his abilities that combos with "Blight" will consume "Blight", meaning he will almost always strive to re-apply it with his basic attacks.

4.) Hades' Ultimate, "Pillar of Agony", is possibly his most powerful single-attack, although it is vastly more effective if he has team-mates nearby. You'll know it when you see it because Hades will turn yellowish-white, hover above the ground, and begin to pull enemies towards him. "Pillar of Agony" deals respectable damage and allows his team-mates to kill you very quickly because you are, pretty much, a stationary target. Furthermore, if you are affected by "Blight", "Pillar of Agony" will reduce your protections and give a portion of them to himself, making him even more difficult to defeat.
To escape from "Pillar of Agony", pick a God that has an ability that jumps or teleports (such as Bastet's "Pounce" or Loki's "Assassinate"). If you are using Hercules, you have no such abilities. However, if you purchase the "Combat Blink" item (900 gold, It's expensive but useful for lots of reasons) from the Item Store, you can use it to quickly escape from "Pillar of Agony" and return to safety. Remember, if you are not standing in the black sludge beneath him when he uses his ultimate, you will be safe from the pull and the damage and he will have wasted a powerful attack.

Hope this helps!

Gummby
04-12-2014, 12:59 AM
thanks only, the problem is with hercules you rely on your 2 to grab the archers then the 1 to push the minions and kill towards your minions, but while i do that he does his 1 3 and it hurts, so i just don't know how to farm passively with herc if i can't go near him, also teammates are tunnel vision, they don't help, i couldn't recover so to speak, and yes i started with a magic defense item but did not help too much. i was amazed at how fast he cleared the wave, 1-3 and then thats it by the time i tried he was AA me.

Lefargon
04-14-2014, 06:46 AM
Is there a guide I can find that lists the general rotation of a jungler, or the lists of things to do while in lane? I ask because I've been watching pros on the twitch stream for 3 weeks now, and it's hard to know why they abandon their lane in order to go to another place on the map while they could be pushing the enemy tower in their lane? It's very confusing to narrow down a priority list of things a player should be doing because I see them roaming all over the map.

Basically, I'm asking how I know when to rotate lanes? Everything is too confusing watching other players to narrow down when the best timing is to rotate.

Generally you want to rotate when someone is overextended and punish them but there are a lot of other things that factor into rotations. Pretty much at all times you should be asking yourself a few basic questions:

1. Is my lane pushed/Is it safe for me to leave my lane?
If your lane is pushed up and your lane opponent isn't there it's generally safe to leave your lane and not lose your tower or too much exp and gold.

2. Do I have vision on the enemies/Is it safe to gank?
If the enemy see you leave your lane they will generally try to intercept you in the jungle and stop you from ganking, if you have good vision and know you're not going to get forced onto a 1v1 or 2v1 then you can rotate.

3. Will my rotation likely result in a kill?
If the enemy spots you out with a ward or they're not pushed up far enough, they might be able to retreat before you can get a kill, make sure you don't use an obvious route to gank them and try to judge what your enemy is doing and where they might have vision.

When you start out though try not to hesitate too much, you'll learn to consider the other aspects with experience, eventually it'll be like second nature.

Troxist
04-16-2014, 04:01 AM
At what level should I expect people in casual conquest to call their roles instead of autolocking a god immediately (where the team ends up with 3 hunters, or 3 assassins, etc etc and everyone goes 2-1-2 or 3-1-1 in lane with no jungler etc), and at least have a slight idea of how to play their role that fulfills the current meta?

I think I'm developing bad habits because I"m having to buy HOG as a Solo and Mid because no one takes the jungle camps, and I have to buy HP/MP pots because trying to get blue buff with no help at the start of the game wipes away a lot of my HP, so I don't get a good start in my lane.

Lefargon
04-16-2014, 04:39 AM
At what level should I expect people in casual conquest to call their roles instead of autolocking a god immediately (where the team ends up with 3 hunters, or 3 assassins, etc etc and everyone goes 2-1-2 or 3-1-1 in lane with no jungler etc), and at least have a slight idea of how to play their role that fulfills the current meta?

I think I'm developing bad habits because I"m having to buy HOG as a Solo and Mid because no one takes the jungle camps, and I have to buy HP/MP pots because trying to get blue buff with no help at the start of the game wipes away a lot of my HP, so I don't get a good start in my lane.

This is something that happens even at higher levels (20+). Just keep the grind till 30 and get ready to relearn the entire game at that point. Honestly picking up HoG as a mid laner isn't that big of a deal and as solo it's common practice, if you're having trouble with sustain then buying pots is fine, of course this means you can't buy wards but wards aren't that big of a deal pre level 30.

Remember that getting jungle camps is supposed to put you ahead, if it's putting you at a disadvantage in lane then it's counterproductive so you should use your discretion when taking camps, maybe try buying a god with lots of sustain like bakasura or thanatos if you're gonna focus on getting ahead through jungle camps and remember when you're inexperienced there are really no wrong answers you can just play around and experiment with new stuff without getting too punished for it, find what suits you and just keep practicing.

Troxist
04-17-2014, 10:05 PM
What's the difference between Magical/Physical Penetration and Magical/Physical Power? How do both these work? Which is more important to do damage?

a1sock
04-19-2014, 03:35 PM
new to jungling, i play bastet, thanatos and bakasura. I am unsure of when each would be best used, and why you would pick other junglers.

Zyft
04-21-2014, 12:45 AM
What's the difference between Magical/Physical Penetration and Magical/Physical Power? How do both these work? Which is more important to do damage?
Power determines the damage of an attack, normally an ability has a base amount, then a percentage of your magical/physical power. Penetration ignores portions of the enemies protection, causing your damage to do more. If you're having issues killing tanks with 300 protection, pick up something like Obsidian Shard, which is 33% penetration; In essence ignoring 33% of their armor. Some penetration items give, say 35 penetration, this removes a flat 35 from their protections (300 magic prot, with a 35 pen, will bring it down to 265), so you have to outweigh whether you want something that gives a percentage or a flat bonus. In conclusion, you'll always stack power, get penetration if you are facing a tank that's being difficult to kill.

Flareb00t
04-21-2014, 04:58 AM
Power determines the damage of an attack, normally an ability has a base amount, then a percentage of your magical/physical power. Penetration ignores portions of the enemies protection, causing your damage to do more. If you're having issues killing tanks with 300 protection, pick up something like Obsidian Shard, which is 33% penetration; In essence ignoring 33% of their armor. Some penetration items give, say 35 penetration, this removes a flat 35 from their protections (300 magic prot, with a 35 pen, will bring it down to 265), so you have to outweigh whether you want something that gives a percentage or a flat bonus. In conclusion, you'll always stack power, get penetration if you are facing a tank that's being difficult to kill.

Not entirely true. Everyone has basic protections so you want pen in your kit anyways.

Soylent7
04-21-2014, 08:11 AM
new to jungling, i play bastet, thanatos and bakasura. I am unsure of when each would be best used, and why you would pick other junglers.

I'd classify those 3 junglers the same, physical assassins, with Bastet being the strongest at the moment. Considerations for junglers would be does the team need physical or magical and does the team need a tank/bruiser. Characters like Odin, Tyr, Athena, Chaac, Ymir all make excellent junglers so if you like jungling, it would be good to look some of the tankier choices. Also there are some unorthodox junglers such as He Bo and Nu Wa worth looking in to.

Troxist
04-23-2014, 01:36 AM
How should a player approach the enemy team in Arena? I always find situations where all minions wave have died, and both teams are just dancing around waiting until someone does something. Whenever I try to do something, I usually have enemy gods collapse on me and I get killed. What are some good tips for Arena matches that you guys see new players make a lot?

decartes
04-23-2014, 07:39 AM
What is mastery lvl and how to increase it? How to get legendary skin? what does numbers on big bolt means)I suppose it is my lvl?)

Lefargon
04-23-2014, 08:09 AM
How should a player approach the enemy team in Arena? I always find situations where all minions wave have died, and both teams are just dancing around waiting until someone does something. Whenever I try to do something, I usually have enemy gods collapse on me and I get killed. What are some good tips for Arena matches that you guys see new players make a lot?

Initiation. This is a valuable asset in any game type and the major problem with most casual solo queuers is they can't tell when initiation is happening, when to follow up and when to stay back.

Personally I play Ares in arena, his initiation is great and it's what most teams lack, his blink>ult combo forces people to pop their beads or their ult before a teamfight happens which puts them at a big advantage.

What is mastery lvl and how to increase it? How to get legendary skin? what does numbers on big bolt means)I suppose it is my lvl?)

Every time you play a match you get worshipers (a bar displayed on the left in the post-game lobby), it's something like 5 worshipers for a win (in conquest) and so many every few minutes the match goes on, every time you get a certain amount of worshipers for a god your mastery level with that god goes up. In order to get legendary you have to accumulate 1000 worshipers.

Schnee94
04-23-2014, 10:59 AM
started playing Smite, like three weeks ago. Usually play Dota 2 but haven't played it in a while cuz of Smite :D

I bought Scylla a few days ago, mainly cuz I love that loli :3, played some conquest and found that Scylla Ulti is so hard to hit. So I played with bots to train my aim but still a bit hard. Is there any way to get better at her?

#2 question
Is there any threads about glossary? like adc and such because the terms are bit different from Dota, Dota 2.

Lefargon
04-23-2014, 11:37 AM
started playing Smite, like three weeks ago. Usually play Dota 2 but haven't played it in a while cuz of Smite :D

I bought Scylla a few days ago, mainly cuz I love that loli :3, played some conquest and found that Scylla Ulti is so hard to hit. So I played with bots to train my aim but still a bit hard. Is there any way to get better at her?

Well there's two sides to hitting a skill shot one is setting it up and the other is aiming, your best bet is to try to immobilize your enemy with her 1 and then pop her ult as fast as you can and go for the dunk, of course if you're playing with other people you can also try waiting for a teammate to stun or immobilize your target and then go for it.

Training your aim in just a matter of practice, if you're still having trouble hitting bots I'd recommend just messing around in practice modes a little more.

Edit: Another combo I've seen used is throwing out her 2 hitting them with the 1 and then going into ult, not only does this slow the enemy down making it easier to hit the 1 it also ensure you're doing maximum damage to help secure the kill.

Schnee94
04-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Edit: Another combo I've seen used is throwing out her 2 hitting them with the 1 and then going into ult, not only does this slow the enemy down making it easier to hit the 1 it also ensure you're doing maximum damage to help secure the kill.

so max 2 first to get slow then 1 and dunk with her ulti? thanks. I'll try that.
any gods that can combo with her? Odin? Hades?

TigrisCallidus
04-24-2014, 06:10 AM
Can someone post me a normal Full build for an ADC?

If it depends from character to character it would be nice to have a full build for each of them.

I want to have some base values in order to better compare the ADCs to each other.

Lefargon
04-24-2014, 07:23 AM
so max 2 first to get slow then 1 and dunk with her ulti? thanks. I'll try that.
any gods that can combo with her? Odin? Hades?

Any god with a stun is best but odin works.

Can someone post me a normal Full build for an ADC?

If it depends from character to character it would be nice to have a full build for each of them.

I want to have some base values in order to better compare the ADCs to each other.

The build I see used a lot is: Heartseeker, Pen Boots, Asi, Rage, Deathbringer, Titan's bane(last item is generally situational depending on what you need)

They should rename this thread the Lefargon friendly answers thread.

TigrisCallidus
04-24-2014, 07:56 AM
The build I see used a lot is: Heartseeker, Pen Boots, Asi, Rage, Deathbringer, Titan's bane(last item is generally situational depending on what you need)

Thx so do you think if I make some ADC comparisons it will be ok if I will just assume this build? (And not be flamed hard^^)

Lefargon
04-24-2014, 08:03 AM
Thx so do you think if I make some ADC comparisons it will be ok if I will just assume this build? (And not be flamed hard^^)

It depends what you're tryna extrapolate from the data but yeah I don't think anyone will have a problem with the build.

TigrisCallidus
04-24-2014, 08:08 AM
I just want to make (for me but I will also post it) an endgame DPS comparison for the ADCs (to show how good passives/ steroids really are).

Lefargon
04-24-2014, 08:11 AM
I just want to make (for me but I will also post it) an endgame DPS comparison for the ADCs (to show how good passives/ steroids really are).

kk, just avoid making any claims like "This data clearly shows that xbalanque is much better than apollo" that's the sort of stuff that tends to upset people.

TigrisCallidus
04-24-2014, 08:15 AM
But if the data shows?^^
I am aware of, that full DPS is not the only thing which counts, but it is certainly something you should be aware of.
Especially when you want go 1 on 1 with another char, you want to know if you can beat him etc.

Lefargon
04-24-2014, 08:21 AM
I am aware of, that full DPS is not the only thing which counts, but it is certainly something you should be aware of.

Right, but using that to then say "xbalanque > apollo" assumes that neither of the characters are ahead. The reason xbalanque is not a strong character is because his lane clear is bad, in order to get ahead and stay there he needs to be getting kills but because he has no push it's harder for him to get kills, all of which is not determined by end-game dps.

If you're going to make the claim then provide context like: "This shows that if xbalanque has a full build and has all 8 kills stacked on his passive he has higher dps than apollo and will therefore generally perform better at late game". Of course there'll still be people who get upset by you saying that but generally they'll be less upset.

TigrisCallidus
04-24-2014, 10:54 AM
Apparently if you build your mentioned items, XBalanque has the smallest Top DPS from all the ADCs (except Neith but she decreases his attack speed making it less then hers).
[Also his passive does only stack 6 times.]

But here I have some additional Questions:

Is the formula for protection correct? total damage = pure damage * (100 / (100 + protection))

How do slow works? Will a 25% slow just always be 75% of the movement speed (including shoed buffs etc), or is (movement speed) *(100 + Movementspeed increase - 25%) / (100)

The same question for the Neith Attack Speed slow: Is it just -30% to the attack speed (the same way + 30% on an item work) or is it (whole attack speed (including items))*0.7 ?

EDIT: Another Question

Is there any table or something where the cast times, range and travel times (especially for leaps etc.) can be found for abilities?

Also it would be nice to be able to compare this with movement. (So when there is written 10 yards it would be nice to know how much yards a god travels per second)

Lefargon
04-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Apparently if you build your mentioned items, XBalanque has the smallest Top DPS from all the ADCs (except Neith but she decreases his attack speed making it less then hers).
[Also his passive does only stack 6 times.]

I was just using xbalanque and apollo as an example.

Is the formula for protection correct? total damage = pure damage * (100 / (100 + protection)
Short answer: yes.
Long answer: If you have any questions about damage mechanics take a look at the word of thoth (http://www.scribd.com/doc/166529015/The-Word-of-Thoth-A-Smite-Mechanics-Guide)

How do slow works? Will a 25% slow just always be 75% of the movement speed (including shoed buffs etc), or is (movement speed) *(100 + Movementspeed increase - 25%) / (100)
afaik it's just movespeed(including items) - (movespeed(including items)*0.25), same with attack speed slows, if you pm flareb00t he'll probably be able to clear this up.

Is there any table or something where the cast times, range and travel times (especially for leaps etc.) can be found for abilities?

Also it would be nice to be able to compare this with movement. (So when there is written 10 yards it would be nice to know how much yards a god travels per second)

Not afaik, I'm not even sure if anyone has calculated this sort of thing.

Flareb00t
04-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Can confirm what Lefargon said was correct.

If you have 450 movement speed on the UI, a 25% slow will leave you at 337.5 which will round to 338 on the UI, but in actuality stays at 337.5.

TigrisCallidus
04-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Can confirm what Lefargon said was correct.

If you have 450 movement speed on the UI, a 25% slow will leave you at 337.5 which will round to 338 on the UI, but in actuality stays at 337.5.

(The 450 movement speed was with items I guess)

And the attack speed? Is it there also the same? (with the slowing items and neith) ?

I ask because up until now everything seams to be working the same way as in League of Legends, and there the attack speed slow works different then the movement speed slow afaik.

Btw. Thanks for the Link and the answers!

Troxist
04-25-2014, 05:39 AM
How does matchmaking work in Normal? Is it possible for a level 20+ player to be on same team as level 5 player, for example, assuming everyone on the team is random and no one queued as a duo or trio.

Is there hidden Elo for normal?

Lefargon
04-26-2014, 10:58 AM
Is there hidden Elo for normal?

Yes. It is still technically possible for a level 5 to get matched with a level 20 if the player pool is low but it shouldn't be happening too often, at least at peak times.

FunyRoger
04-26-2014, 02:32 PM
Hi just downloaded game, great fun, but few questions

1. what is simple targeting aid? Couldnt even google what a hell that thing is -.-

2. Is there some kinda levels like in LoL? Or is anyone basically equal except their experience about game? Edit: Ok noticed there are 30 levels. What is say difference between level 10 and level 30?

3. Is there some kinda newbie guide i could read up?

4. How is player base and support on this game, does it have future (tribes...) ?

5. Is there an all chat?

Lefargon
04-28-2014, 05:26 AM
Hi just downloaded game, great fun, but few questions

1. what is simple targeting aid? Couldnt even google what a hell that thing is -.-

2. Is there some kinda levels like in LoL? Or is anyone basically equal except their experience about game? Edit: Ok noticed there are 30 levels. What is say difference between level 10 and level 30?

3. Is there some kinda newbie guide i could read up?

4. How is player base and support on this game, does it have future (tribes...) ?

5. Is there an all chat?

1. I'm not entirely sure what that is but it may be the targeting reticule you see when you hover over an enemy.

2. The difference is time played, as you play matches you gain experience, once you gain enough experience you level up, it doesn't do anything other than help decide who you are matched against.

3.There are plenty of guides in this subforum you can look through, it really depends what type of advice you're looking for. You can view god and build guides at tiermonster (http://tiermonster.com/) and smitefire (http://www.smitefire.com/).

4. There's really no way of telling how much support there will be for Smite in the future, (once Hi-Rez starts shifting work on to Global Agenda 2) but so far it's been their willingness to work with the community has been good and they are expanding as a company so who knows what the future holds.

5. Not in casual/ranked queue, you can make a custom game with friends and enable all chat.

Troxist
04-28-2014, 09:29 PM
How do you play if your team gets behind? Let's say all your team is behind in levels and 3 of your tier 1 towers are destroyed. When i watch streamers play on Twitch, all hell breaks loose and I can't follow what's happening. Should I just continue pushing lane (if I'm ADC, mid, or solo) and continuing jungling if I'm the jungler?, or what?

Lefargon
04-29-2014, 03:54 AM
How do you play if your team gets behind? Let's say all your team is behind in levels and 3 of your tier 1 towers are destroyed. When i watch streamers play on Twitch, all hell breaks loose and I can't follow what's happening. Should I just continue pushing lane (if I'm ADC, mid, or solo) and continuing jungling if I'm the jungler?, or what?

Unfortunately there's no straight forward answer to this, it's all very situational. Being able to tell how to play from behind is a very difficult skill that can only really be learned by playing the game a lot.

If the enemy is ahead they will try to push their advantage, they know that if you're farming alone in your lane they can group up and take down your tower without you really being able to contest them, alternatively they could group up and go for another lane and force a 5 on 4 engagement because you're away from your team so do you group up and try to fend off an attack from a vastly stronger team or do you keep farming and split pushing in the hope that your team won't get destroyed while you're away? Again there's no straight forward answer, you just have to commit to a decision and if it ends up being the wrong one then accept the consequences and try again. It's all about trying to gauge what your enemy is going to do and exploiting weaknesses in their strategy to try to catch up.

arka222
04-30-2014, 04:33 AM
What is the meaning of casting modes?

TigrisCallidus
04-30-2014, 08:54 AM
What is the meaning of casting modes?

There are 3 cast mods the normal one, there when you klick an ability, i.e., 1 you see an arrow or something else indicating, where the ability will be shot and then when you press attack (left mouse button) you use this attack.

In Smartcast the ability is cast automatically as soon as you let the key, e.g., 1 go.
SO when you press 1 the arrow or whatever shows up and when you release 1 you shoot automatically (unless you make a right click before releasing).

In Quickcast as soon as you press the ability it will be activated.

TheSunSleeps
05-03-2014, 09:29 PM
kumbha's mezz would work great with her ult as long as no one breaks it first, but even then they will be slowed. I find that you really have to lead it some. The target is pretty large so you can usually get people to move into it as most people move away from you.

Kilgorian
05-04-2014, 07:23 AM
Whats the best way to re-learn Smite ?

I used to play but got annoyed with Hi Rez decision to kill the forums at the time and shift all discussion to Reddit (which I dont really want to make an account with at this time), so I quit but recently saw TB's thoughts on the game and had a hankering for some Smite.
I had major misgivings as I am very rusty in the game, and knowing communities in MOBA's are generally toxic as hell and have no patience with someone who is trying to re-learn the game.

Been playing Assault mostly as that forces me to random gods/goddesses (otherwise I would stick to Isis or Ne zha all the time), but while the majority have been reasonably understanding had some seriously deranged sick individuals who blew up in my face over my play ... so much so I actually went back to LoL to calm down.
I mean wth, going to LoL to get away from toxic behaviour ?

Anyway, what is the best way to re-learn Smite ... I started with Assault and auto level / buying to get used to the game, then the gods/goddesses and have started to try buy and level according to the situation ( especially since one match had a Ares, and Auto buy dont buy beads).
I remember Arena being very hostile in my old play time, and no one wants a whole conquest match ruined by someone learning again...and bots dont teach nothing, I mean the mechanics are still there and I generally dont feed unless I get a melee champion thats hard to contribute and still stay alive (Kali).

Shall I just carry on with Assault and ignore / mute my team mates ? Is it a good thing to warn my team I am rusty at the game , or should I just shut up and play quietly ?
I think part of the issue is I am being matched according to my older rating perhaps ? I used to have a 50 / 50 WL ratio on Assault and about the same with the other modes.

EDIT: Silly me , forgot to mention I had bought the God pack...so I have ALL the bloody gods/goddesses ...so its not a case of just master them a few at a time.

Sharpp
05-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Hi,

I'm a returning player currently sitting at level 24 trying to learn the game for the past month or so and recently possibly had the worst 3v3 Joust ever :) Would love if someone could explain what could be done to make this horrible match better.

On my team we had :

Bacchus who played the god for the first time and built Shoes of Focus, Sovereignty and Armored Cloak + Shell
Ra (myself) who was asked to build full healer and have built Rod of Asclepius , Shoes of Focus and Silver Breastplate + Meditation + Aegis
Ao Kuang who built Vampiric Shroud , Shoes of the Magi, Warlock's Sash , Soul Reliquary + Meditation + Sprint

On the enemy team we had:

Arachne - Warrior Tabi + Golden Dagger + Draining Blade + RoG + Sprint
Guan Yu - Stone of Gaya + Warrior Tabi + Jottun's Wrath + Sprint
Scylla - Rod of Tahuti + Polynomicon + Shoes of the Magi + Magic Focus + Aegis

The match went with my whole team being sitting ducks at our tower and Arachne pulling people out one by one and enemy team ganking them instantly. Around level 8-9 with no kills my team surrendered.

I'm just wondering if this was a lost cause or my team could do something better to turn the tables on this one.

Lefargon
05-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Whats the best way to re-learn Smite ?

Practice, practice, practice. Practice and lots of it is the only way to truly get better at something everything else is supplemental. Teammates getting upset at you is something that will happen regardless of your skill level, just either learn to cope with it or use the mute button, also I wouldn't go into the game telling teammates you're rusty, not only does it sound like an excuse, all it will do is make toxic behaviour more likely.

You can also get up-to-date on the meta by watching twitch streams or youtube videos, don't be afraid to ask the streamers questions too if there's something you don't understand, they'll often answer. There are also plenty of guides here on the forums and god/build guides on smitefire (http://smitefire.com) and tiermonster (http://tiermonster.com)

I'm just wondering if this was a lost cause or my team could do something better to turn the tables on this one.

Normally I'd say there isn't such a thing as a lost cause in terms of team composition but this does look pretty dire. Having a fully magical/physical comp in 3v3 is pretty much conceding defeat (unless you buy a tonne of pen items and even then it's not great) you're basically letting your opponent counter your entire team by building protections and even though two of them didn't if the game was less one-sided they could've built a tonne of defense and destroying you by the end without you even being able to touch them.

The only way I see your team winning that game is a bunch of pen and good play but I'm thinking it might just be an issue with your team's skill than it is with what you built.

Jayzao
05-04-2014, 10:29 AM
hello a question here, how many crit dmg and lifesteal items should a class have one or two? especially for sins and wars, ty ^_^

Lefargon
05-04-2014, 10:42 AM
hello a question here, how many crit dmg and lifesteal items should a class have one or two? especially for sins and wars, ty ^_^

If you're playing a hunter you should pick up 2 crit items (rage and then deathbringer) and 1 lifesteal item (Asi or bloodforge) (unless you're playing artemis in which case you should pick up Malice and deathbringer). With other classes it really depends, for example osiris is a very auto attack focused god so having crit damage on him can be really strong. Kali and Ne Zha also benefit from rage/deathbringer a lot.

If you're going to get a lifesteal item on an assassin or warrior I'd recommend no more than 1, preferably bloodforge, warriors get a lot more benefit from defensive items than lifesteal and assassins, even though sustain is very important for them in the jungle lifesteal items are either very expensive or not very good. Generally you want to just have crit and lifesteal items with hunters though.

TigrisCallidus
05-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Has someone actually tested (or some hard facts) about how the attack speed of Neith and Witchblade works?
And or how they work together?

I know I have asked before about Neith but the answers to this questiones seamed to be not 100 sure.

Or is there anywhere, where I could look this up? The before posted smite mechanics link did not cover this.

I think it works like this: It is the same as if an item gives 15/30% attack speed but instead of adding it, it is subtracted.

The other possibility would be, that the attack speed would be multiplied by 0.85 / 0.7 which would be quite strong (then in each team one should pick up witchblade, because it would be one of the best passives!)

Hunter1471
05-06-2014, 01:35 PM
I can't seem to join multiplayer games and they have a padlock next to them. Can someone please tell me how to unlock it.

Flareb00t
05-06-2014, 04:07 PM
You need to play the practice mode equivalent before you unlock that mode for play. That, or there is a level requirement on some of the modes, but I can't quite remember which.

What account level are you at at the moment?

Flareb00t
05-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Has someone actually tested (or some hard facts) about how the attack speed of Neith and Witchblade works?
And or how they work together?

I know I have asked before about Neith but the answers to this questiones seamed to be not 100 sure.

Or is there anywhere, where I could look this up? The before posted smite mechanics link did not cover this.

I think it works like this: It is the same as if an item gives 15/30% attack speed but instead of adding it, it is subtracted.

The other possibility would be, that the attack speed would be multiplied by 0.85 / 0.7 which would be quite strong (then in each team one should pick up witchblade, because it would be one of the best passives!)

I'll sort it out tomorrow.

nickaustin
05-11-2014, 12:02 AM
lately [came back to game after some time] ...whenever i attack enemy god within their tower....tower instantly starts attacking me despite of my full minion wave in tower range.

and yes full minion wave went in before me.
and yes i checked they were still alive and in tower range when tower+god killed me.
I got suspicious in siege mode about this but it also happens in assault. haven't confirmed in other game modes

this never used to happen before atleast not 2-3 months before.

so my question is is this bug or intended. can any one please try to replicate it?

Thank you in advance

Lefargon
05-11-2014, 05:13 AM

so my question is is this bug or intended.

Very much intended, in fact unless there was some sort of misunderstanding on your part then towers not attacking you was the bug.

Chaos17
05-11-2014, 06:58 PM
lately [came back to game after some time] ...whenever i attack enemy god within their tower....tower instantly starts attacking me despite of my full minion wave in tower range.

and yes full minion wave went in before me.
and yes i checked they were still alive and in tower range when tower+god killed me.
I got suspicious in siege mode about this but it also happens in assault. haven't confirmed in other game modes

so my question is is this bug or intended. can any one please try to replicate it?

Thank you in advance
The tower will attack you if you attack an enemy god.
That's what I noticed.

Edit : is there a way to blacklist people ? I would like to avoid party with people who harass me because I didn't pick the character they wanted for example.

Lefargon
05-12-2014, 04:25 AM
Edit : is there a way to blacklist people ? I would like to avoid party with people who harass me because I didn't pick the character they wanted for example.

At the end of a game you can block a player by clicking:
http://www.hirezstudios.com/images/default-source/support-images/block-button.jpg?Status=Temp&sfvrsn=2
or if you want to block them outside of a match you can click on your friends list and at the bottom right there is a "block by name" button, it won't stop you being matched with those people but it will prevent them from communicating with you.

CalamityColt
05-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Hello, sorry if this was asked before, but:

Is there a way to set an auto-buy scheme with multiple consumable items? When not in auto-buy mode I can purchase more than one health potion, for example. Since I'm new to the game I feel more comfortable with auto-buy enabled but I feel there are moments I could use an additional health or mana potion.
Thanks for help!

TigrisCallidus
05-22-2014, 08:08 AM
I have some specific questions regarding Arachne;

1. Do her spiderlings block movement?

2. Do her spiderlings (and her eggs) block (get damaged without the skill passing through) single target abilities?

3. How does the AI of the spiderlings work? What do they priorize when attacking?

4. How exactly do basic attacks in general work? Do they only hit one target or all targets in reach? I Ask because i want to know if a basic attack can hit two spiderlings and if the basic attack can hit the spiderling and arachne, if she stands behind the spiderling.

5. How much does attacking slows someone? I ask because I want to know how much arachne needs to slow her target in order to follow him while attacking.

6. How does the stacking of her poison works exactly? Let us say the target has 2 stacks and 2.1 seconds remaining of the dot time.
When I know attack a 3rd time, what happens?
Does the timer gets reset to 3 seconds and it will take 0.5 seconds until the next tick comes?
Or does the tick come directly after 0.1 second but the dot only lasts another 2.5 seconds?

7. How does the stun works on her ultimate? Is it always a 1.5 second stun starting when she gets wrapped? So would this mean that the farther the targets is away the less the target is stunned when it is in front of her, because it was stunned during the traveltime?

8. How does her drain life work with Crowd Control diminishing returns? So if the ulti was first used, and she has her drain life maxed, does she only stay 2 second on the target, or does she stay 3 seconds on the target, while it only is silenced 2 seconds?

9. With her broodlings max deployed means, how many she can have active at a time? (nests I mean) Because i somehow thought that I could deploy more of them then just one on level 1 but maybe I was just misleaded.

Sorry for this many questions I cannot really run 2 copies of smite to test it myself and maybe people here know this.

Flareb00t
05-22-2014, 10:08 AM
I have some specific questions regarding Arachne;

1. Do her spiderlings block movement? Yes

2. Do her spiderlings (and her eggs) block (get damaged without the skill passing through) single target abilities? If they target enemies, yes.

3. How does the AI of the spiderlings work? What do they priorize when attacking? Closest target.

4. How exactly do basic attacks in general work? Do they only hit one target or all targets in reach? I Ask because i want to know if a basic attack can hit two spiderlings and if the basic attack can hit the spiderling and arachne, if she stands behind the spiderling.Hit the first target, unless it is specified to hit in an AoE(Thanatos last hit, Ne Zha last hit, Osiris 3rd/4th hit)

5. How much does attacking slows someone? I ask because I want to know how much arachne needs to slow her target in order to follow him while attacking. 50%

6. How does the stacking of her poison works exactly? Let us say the target has 2 stacks and 2.1 seconds remaining of the dot time.
When I know attack a 3rd time, what happens?
Does the timer gets reset to 3 seconds and it will take 0.5 seconds until the next tick comes?
Or does the tick come directly after 0.1 second but the dot only lasts another 2.5 seconds?

7. How does the stun works on her ultimate? Is it always a 1.5 second stun starting when she gets wrapped? So would this mean that the farther the targets is away the less the target is stunned when it is in front of her, because it was stunned during the traveltime?

8. How does her drain life work with Crowd Control diminishing returns? So if the ulti was first used, and she has her drain life maxed, does she only stay 2 second on the target, or does she stay 3 seconds on the target, while it only is silenced 2 seconds?

9. With her broodlings max deployed means, how many she can have active at a time? (nests I mean) Because i somehow thought that I could deploy more of them then just one on level 1 but maybe I was just misleaded.You can have a maximum of 1/2/3/4/5 active, depending on the rank of Broodlings.

Sorry for this many questions I cannot really run 2 copies of smite to test it myself and maybe people here know this.

Answered what I could.

Milphoil
05-23-2014, 11:48 AM
So I spent gems on Poolsiedens voice pack. Since there was a price next to it as I listened to it.... naturally I am thinking one can buy the voice pack. No warnings,nothing warning me (or others) that in fact it is NOT available and when you purchase the poolsieden voice pack, you get the plain jane voice pack. Now if Poolsiedens voice pack is not for sale..... why does Hirez leave it looking like it is? Shouldn`t be a purchase tag next to it if it is unavailable.What we have now is called a bait and switch. Thanks for the screwin.

Is it worth it to try to get a refund or am I just boned?

gentlemanpsy
05-27-2014, 10:24 PM
I think you should send a support ticket

Ryborg
05-28-2014, 02:55 AM
Hey guys. I am a Smite Vet but never get on the forum. Great thread !! I have one suggestion to new players. If you really like the game and plan to stick around then buy the god pack. Play all the gods and get to know them and what they can and can't do. You will get all the gods and all gods yet to come.

Ryborg
05-28-2014, 02:59 AM
It also takes away the headache of saving up for new gods. That's what drove me away from LOL. Now all my money goes into skins. Just pick one god, master it, then pick another one

ZenithMink
05-28-2014, 05:16 AM
What I would like to ask is what is the standard route for jungling? I've been playing Smite for several weeks now, but I still can't wrap my head around it.

Also, what would be a good general build path for Thanatos? In the jungle, starting Death Toll, boots, HoG and pots.

Drekthall
05-28-2014, 06:15 PM
What is the daily win bonus? Whats the reward and does it apply to a win in every win game mode?

gentlemanpsy
05-29-2014, 12:58 AM
the daily bonus gives +100 favor when you win in pvp game modes (co-op doesn't work I tried)

My question would be: who is the coolest looking god? (Ymir doesn't count because he's literally ice)

Lefargon
05-29-2014, 07:58 PM
What I would like to ask is what is the standard route for jungling? I've been playing Smite for several weeks now, but I still can't wrap my head around it.

Also, what would be a good general build path for Thanatos? In the jungle, starting Death Toll, boots, HoG and pots.

It depends whether you start on the chaos or order side, if you're starting on the order side you have 2 options for starting, you can either go to mid camps and help with that then go to red and clear it with your hand of the gods or you can just start at red and HoG it. After that you should help your solo laner with the blue buff and then leech some experience from solo lane, after this you generally just wanna roam and look for ganks and farm until mid camps come up again.

If you're starting on the chaos side then you wanna start at speed, HoG it, help your solo laner with blue and then do the same thing from there on, I made a crappy ms paint thing that kinda explains it:
http://i.imgur.com/3A5gghN.png

Flareb00t
05-31-2014, 11:30 AM
You buy the god's voicepack, special VPs are activated by having the skin and the VP. It never states you're buying the Poolseidon VP.

Support will be highly unlikely to refund.

IceBoi200
06-07-2014, 06:50 AM
Hello... I'm pretty much a newbie in Smite, even if I've done my experiences in normal MOBAs like DOTA 2 and League of Legends. So I came in asking for help.

Right now, basically I'm just using Guan Yu, since he's probably my favorite God. What's his dedicated role, by the way? They say 'Warrior', but in terms of Smite, I dunno the roles of each classes. Can anyone help?

And as of Guan Yu, what should I build him more, defensively or offensively, which one benefits him better?

Also one thing. Because I live in Indonesia and Smite has no Asian server, it's inevitable that I will have big delays in things I do. Any tips in overcoming this one? Because I had a hard time killing anyone...

Thanks for any help.

TheHystericEric
06-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Hi there. This isn't going to have any one right answer, just looking for input. (Still nooby ) :)

I am having trouble deciding between three Gods for my next favour purchase. I currently use Ao Kuang (owned), Kumbha (Rotation), and Nemesis (owned) well and I am extremely happy with my performance using all of them. I am looking at 3 Gods, Ah Muzen Cab (since I have no hunter I play), Geb, and Aprhodite. I (think) I'm player level 16ish right now if that changes anything. Only started about 6 days ago.

I have no intentions of replacing Nemesis, love playing her quite a bit. Does anybody have any input/suggestions they can give using the information I just gave?

Thanks so much!

Weyy
06-08-2014, 10:12 AM
I am having trouble deciding between three Gods for my next favour purchase. I currently use Ao Kuang (owned), Kumbha (Rotation), and Nemesis (owned) well and I am extremely happy with my performance using all of them. I am looking at 3 Gods, Ah Muzen Cab (since I have no hunter I play), Geb, and Aprhodite. I (think) I'm player level 16ish right now if that changes anything. Only started about 6 days ago.

I have no intentions of replacing Nemesis, love playing her quite a bit. Does anybody have any input/suggestions they can give using the information I just gave?
You can't replace a god, once you have them you have them and you can play them anytime you want. I love Geb - blink+ulti or shielding someone from behind a wall feels really good.
Aphro is also one of my favorites - saving someone with immunity + healing is great and ksing with Back Off is pretty cool too :D

Zahaele
06-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Hello... I'm pretty much a newbie in Smite, even if I've done my experiences in normal MOBAs like DOTA 2 and League of Legends. So I came in asking for help.

Right now, basically I'm just using Guan Yu, since he's probably my favorite God. What's his dedicated role, by the way? They say 'Warrior', but in terms of Smite, I dunno the roles of each classes. Can anyone help?

And as of Guan Yu, what should I build him more, defensively or offensively, which one benefits him better?

Also one thing. Because I live in Indonesia and Smite has no Asian server, it's inevitable that I will have big delays in things I do. Any tips in overcoming this one? Because I had a hard time killing anyone...

Thanks for any help.
I've seen Guan go as support, solo (that's solotop), and jungle before, although these were before the nerfs in recent patches, so I'm not so sure right now.

Generally for damage on Guan I see Jotunn's Wrath and Titan's Bane. Outside of that he typically just itemizes to tank.

IceBoi200
06-09-2014, 04:04 AM
I've seen Guan go as support, solo (that's solotop), and jungle before, although these were before the nerfs in recent patches, so I'm not so sure right now.

Generally for damage on Guan I see Jotunn's Wrath and Titan's Bane. Outside of that he typically just itemizes to tank.

Hmm... I see. Because of my differing region, there's bound to be delays and such. That's... gonna give me a hard time, don't you think? (And no, I'm not demanding of an Asian server here. It's up to Hi-Rez, though it'd be nice.)

Now my next question is, when it comes to Guan Yu, what's his main tool for trading? I think people may refer to Taolu Assault, but it seems that other Gods would just not let me come close. Use Warrior's Will and I think I can't escape without sacrificing ult. So I'm gonna need some stuffs to secure my trading this way.

Thanks for any help.

LS95
06-09-2014, 12:44 PM
I've been palying Hades, almost to Mastery 3 with him, generally going entirely for MPower and getting it to 700 at level 20, not including any Warlock or Thoth stacks. i can also make a pretty sturdy tank build with him, so he can take some abuse, but still doesn't last as long as say, Ymir, Guan or any other strong tank. What are the preferred items on a Tanky Hades and an Attack Damage Hades?

I'd also like a tip or two for Bakasura(just bought him the other day and I'm really loving him). I try to munch 6 mins or camp enemies and use Regurgitate when I can get the drop on a retreating enemy, Takedown to get close, and BB for even more Damage. I tend to build Baka entirely off of Lifesteal and power, so he's still kind of squishy but he can take a huge chunk of health when I get the drop on an enemy god. Is that a decent way to build a Baka?

Drawd
06-10-2014, 05:22 AM
Hi all!

I've been playing Smite for some time, then i left it and now i'm back again :D I'm lvl 20 and most of my games are on Arena or Assault. I got the God pack and i wanna improve my skills on conquest games.

The role i love the most is jungle, but i'm aware it could be hard to master, so...

- Is there any God Tier List for every role? I'm interested in jungling but i know I should play all roles to get used to it. I just wanna know the most OP gods now :D

- How can i learn, by myself, how to build a god? I mean when i have to play something, i look for builds on internet and copye what they said but... how can I know when to build crit instead of attack speed, or dmg... in every god?

- Is there any streamer who streams on an educative way? I watch the top streamers on Twitch eventually but they are pretty focused on the game, so they don't talk a lot about why they are doing the things they are doing...

- To lvl up till 30, do you recomend me to only play conquest? Should i play more Assault-Arena, to reach it faster? I'm aware that the gameplay of those lvl's till 30 is not the ideal..

Thanks!

Weyy
06-10-2014, 08:00 AM
- How can i learn, by myself, how to build a god? I mean when i have to play something, i look for builds on internet and copye what they said but... how can I know when to build crit instead of attack speed, or dmg... in every god?
From my experience, there are core items for every role and then some optional ones or preferential ones which aren't in the recommended in-game list. You have to simply experiment, the only items which change from game to game are defensive ones imo. That's why I like to play tanks, because you dont have the same items over and over and over again. You can use the in-game character builder to be sure that you don't cross any caps.

PS: Besides streamers, you can also watch tournament commentaries where you can see builds of all 10 players and commentators sometimes discuss the items they choose.

- To lvl up till 30, do you recomend me to only play conquest? Should i play more Assault-Arena, to reach it faster? I'm aware that the gameplay of those lvl's till 30 is not the ideal..
Play what you like. I don't like the attitude that conquest is treated like an effin sanctuary when there are many other game modes you can play, that's what I like about Smite, and btw you will be probably matched with lvl 30s from time to time.

EDIT: I also have a question and I don't want to make another post.
Can wards see flying players like Thanatos, Apollo etc.?

Zahaele
06-10-2014, 09:12 PM
EDIT: I also have a question and I don't want to make another post.
Can wards see flying players like Thanatos, Apollo etc.? Wards will show them on the minimap.

estebanfunkjr
06-15-2014, 01:49 AM
Hi guys, im not all that new to smite but I have to ask. if in an assault as Ra, is it possible to focus on healing everyone? Because I was just in an assault match and I was yelled at by my teamamtes for not healing them in the middle of the match. SHOULD Ra be able to heal everyone AND focus on staying alive?

Predat0rs
06-15-2014, 04:51 AM
Hi guys, im not all that new to smite but I have to ask. if in an assault as Ra, is it possible to focus on healing everyone? Because I was just in an assault match and I was yelled at by my teamamtes for not healing them in the middle of the match. SHOULD Ra be able to heal everyone AND focus on staying alive?
What I do is VVVG (group up) and if they don't it's their problem. But that way everyone gets healed :D

Weyy
06-16-2014, 01:50 AM
As stated above, do VVVG and then I additionally tap V again and click on the ground where it's gonna land to let everyone know, you can't do more than that.

AllknowingWolf
06-17-2014, 02:23 AM

I'd probably focus on healing the team/staying behind. Killing minions with 1, and kill securing with your 4. I wouldn't be on the front lines. The best time to use heal, with surrounding a tower, or when waiting in a group. As for people complaining if you tell them to group up, its their fault.

mackejn
06-21-2014, 09:29 AM
So, I've been away for a few months. I quit playing around level 15 or so last time. What do I do with Warriors now. Odin and Wukong were by far my favorite gods to play and I have no clue what to do with them now.

Sythan
06-22-2014, 09:01 AM
So, I've been away for a few months. I quit playing around level 15 or so last time. What do I do with Warriors now. Odin and Wukong were by far my favorite gods to play and I have no clue what to do with them now.

SWK is still a pretty strong support pick if your team needs physical damage,he does a little less damage and you'll probably need a few games to get used that the 2 is a slow now but overall he is still strong.

Odin however got hit pretty hard with the removal of his passives,he is pretty much playable as support but you have to remember that you're not as tanky as before. Have seen much less Odin being played since the nerfs.

Zahaele
06-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Well, considering you're level 15, it won't really matter too much. If you're better than everyone else (which is still very possible because you're level 15 and nobody's really that good at all at level 15), the skill discrepancy will make up for much more than what the nerfs did.

In short, you can go ahead and keep playing them. People who are still at level 15 are going to be so low level and the differences in skill and ability between them will be so great that balancing changes won't affect much over the outcome of the game.

When you get to a higher level of play though (when you're level 30 and the matches aren't as lopsided -although still will probably be lopsided-), you might want to consider using other warriors. Odin was really hurt by the changes, and swk, although not as bad off as Odin, was hurt pretty badly as well. Two warriors that are still pretty potent right now are Osiris and Hercules (latter more powerful than the former). I think you'd really like Hercules, considering you liked swk and Odin.

PIRATERedJ
06-22-2014, 10:50 PM
I've played a good amount of pretty much every MOBA out there, but mainly LoL. Considering Smite is the only exception in my experience of MOBA's I've played, this makes me want to play it that much more. I have simple question, I play mid,support and jungle the most, Is there anything I should know about these positions? Is there an ELO system so I can properly play without getting put with\against people who know what they're doing? And any other general info would be nice.

Zahaele
06-22-2014, 11:10 PM
I've played a good amount of pretty much every MOBA out there, but mainly LoL. Considering Smite is the only exception in my experience of MOBA's I've played, this makes me want to play it that much more. I have simple question, I play mid and jungler the most, Is there anything I should know about these positions? Is there an ELO system so I can properly play without getting put with\against people who know what they're doing? And any other general info would be nice.
Two things in particular come to mind.

WAVECLEAR is one of the most useful things in laning phase. Because you still get gold on non-lasthits, don't get any gold if the tower kills the minion, and the minions are the only 100% guaranteed source of damage in laning, both sides end up shoving the lane as fast as possible instead of waiting for lasthits. This doesn't just go for mid, it also applies to the sidelanes as well.

The OTHER big thing you need to keep in mind, which particularly applies to jungle and mid, is to KEEP TRACK OF MID CAMPS. Mid camps are love, mid camps are life. If you get them and the enemy doesn't, you're probably gonna win lane. Mid camps are the jungle camps that are right on the sides of mid lane, right in the center. They're worth more than the back camps because they're much more contestable. As both a jungler and a mid laner, it is your job and duty to take them at every opportunity.

Wait, two other things.

Junglers start on whatever side the solo lane is, take the 2 buffs on their side (blue goes to the solo laner; you can only hold one buff at a time), and proceed to lane with the solo laner for the first two levels or so.

You're going to be the one who has the speed buff for most of the game, red buff goes to your midlaner, and the blue buffs go to the adc and the solo laner. That being said, you don't have to worry about the adc's blue buff as he'll usually take it with the support.

Weyy
06-23-2014, 02:00 AM
As both a jungler and a mid laner, it is your job and duty to take them at every opportunity.
Wait, some people here said that it's a support's job to clear mid camps, I got even yelled at by our jungler for not doing so in one ranked match.

Zahaele
06-23-2014, 02:35 AM
Wait, some people here said that it's a support's job to clear mid camps, I got even yelled at by our jungler for not doing so in one ranked match.
Support rotates to help take mid camps, jungler comes to help take mid camps, midlaner also goes to take mid camps.

Mid camps are BIG and should be secured whenever possible by whomever is there.

Richardgold
06-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Hi i love chronos is my favorite god but is he suppost to be really weak early game? If not can anyone say me advices on him i have a great build but that only works late games, any tips?

TuterKing
06-26-2014, 12:58 AM
Is there any good way to get into conquest easy? It just seems very daunting of a task since I know next to nothing about it. Although I really am enjoying playing joust 3v3 with rama and xba. So would this give any idea of what role I should play as? Just really at a total lost and all guides just seem like a wall of text :p

KingScuba
06-27-2014, 01:45 AM
http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/a-beginners-guide-to-the-roles-and-etiquette-of-smite-conquest-up-to-date-18-6-2014-4401

Use that link tuter.

Warrington167
06-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Generally you should be giving red to mages later in the game and speed to physicals the only exception to this rule is freya because she is basic attack based

Warrington167
06-28-2014, 01:28 PM
You need hog 3 done by about 8-13 minutes not during end game

Badgerpaws
06-29-2014, 01:28 AM
Do what im doing and just play around in bot practice games. no pressure, just steady practice =). but stick to only one ADC for a while just to get your feet wet within the roll, pick a god that you think is cool and just take em out for a test spin and go from there =)

HeyKevo
06-30-2014, 07:57 AM
What does 'bot' mean? Not the bots that you play against. I often have people in lobby saying 'support bot' or 'adc bot' and then during game I've gotten yelled at for 'not covering bot' as a jungler in conquest. Every time I ask I get ignored (at least a dozen times). Since I can't find any references to a bot/bottom or anything like that I am hoping that they're just trolling me like blinker fluid.

Cyberlink
06-30-2014, 10:06 AM
I REALLY like this thread.
And here I thought I'd have to clean it but nope.
Everyone here is showing the best of the community, thanks!

(This is my thanks post and my beware post.)

=)

Sythan
06-30-2014, 01:13 PM
What does 'bot' mean? Not the bots that you play against. I often have people in lobby saying 'support bot' or 'adc bot' and then during game I've gotten yelled at for 'not covering bot' as a jungler in conquest. Every time I ask I get ignored (at least a dozen times). Since I can't find any references to a bot/bottom or anything like that I am hoping that they're just trolling me like blinker fluid.

Its people from League that still use the same words they use there.

HeyKevo
06-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Its people from League that still use the same words they use there.

So basically they're saying right lane?

FlamingAirz
06-30-2014, 03:05 PM

Yes and no. Matters on which side of the map you are. But i think in LoL Bot is Duo lane and Top is solo (Not sure)
But i think it's how it works so if somebodey calls Bot they will most likely pick Hunter/Support. As said not sure but i think thats how it works.
Thx for reading <3

Halvhir
06-30-2014, 03:10 PM

'Bot' is analogous to 'duo' or 'long' lane in smite, which can flip depending which side of the map you spawn on. Likewise, 'top' means 'solo' or 'short' lane here.

edit: slow/easily distracted typer is me.

FlamingAirz
06-30-2014, 03:19 PM
'Bot' is analogous to 'duo' or 'long' lane in smite, which can flip depending which side of the map you spawn on. Likewise, 'top' means 'solo' or 'short' lane here.

Ok i kinda said that before you so i'm proud :D.

But now to my question not really nooby one but why not :P
So Does each hunter have diffrent projecitle speed it seems like Anhur's spears travel alot slower than Apollo's Magical thingis which some how do Physical Dmg (HiRez 101 Be confusing). If anybody knows that plea answer :D.

Thx for reading <3

Halvhir
06-30-2014, 04:16 PM
I don't believe it's been tested specifically, but it would not surprise me if there were small differences in the flight speed of hunter basic attacks. Someone on the reddit compared the frames of Nu Wa, Chronos and Apollo attacks a while back, and they all appeared to be slightly different.

I know what you mean, though, I find swapping from Apollo to Anhur tanks my AA accuracy for the beginning of the match, at least. Thankfully Anhur's more about the Impale-Fury combo in lane than pure boxing...

(ps- link to reddit thread here (http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/1w8n4b/nu_was_inhand_attacks_arrive_to_their_target/), credit to DigitalTherapy)

FlamingAirz
06-30-2014, 04:30 PM
I know but my Anhur accuracy is like poop i can Barely hit moving minmins like it may be the huge spear which makes my brain be like: He is throwing a huge spear it has to be slower than some guy shooting something out of his finger but hey [VER] Thx for showing me that :D
People are very helpful here :D

Thx for reading <3

IntelliTroodon
06-30-2014, 10:50 PM
One good trick is to try out different targeters.

FlamingAirz
07-01-2014, 12:30 AM
One good trick is to try out different targeters.

I don't know what you mean do you mean the bracket thingis which pop up when you aim at somebody the targeter on the ground or the X in the middle (I have set it to the x by default it's a circle). Even then i don't know that is going to help me aim ranged attacks :P. It might help me i don't know gonna test it out this weekend. But at some point i will have to learn how to hit Anhur's AA's sooner or later someboday is going to ban Apollo and the next best hunter is going to be Anhur :P. Even if it doesn't help thx for suggesting something :D.

Thx for reading <3

FlamingAirz
07-04-2014, 04:48 PM
This thread is like dead (Subforum as well 8 people viewing T_T). But if you have any questions plea post them here it will be alot easier to anwser them (My internet is really slow so it actually takes time to load a page T_T). We also won't have a hard time figureing out if somebody helped that person. But if you don't want to post something here or make a new thread you can PM me (Don't know about these other guys :P). And everybody can learn something while I'm reading/trying to help people i may fin out about something which i never knew about :D. So if you can try Posting something here and probably more people will look at it then some random thread called like Help with loki or something like that :P.

Thx for reading <3

RJill
07-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Hi guys!

So, I'm sort of new. Well no, not new (level 19, Neith mastery 1), I've been playing it for a while but only recently started to take it serious. I've been playing with a friend a lot and we just play with or against each other but I want to start playing for real now.
But the problem is, I have a hard time understanding the item-build for the gods I like to play. I always play with auto-skills/items but I want to be able to do it myself. So I was wondering if someone could just take the time to explain and practice that stuff with me. I would really appreciate it. I'm a fast learner if you can explain it well. And it's not like I don't understand anything about it, just about choosing which items are best for which god.
And I don't even know if I'm posting this in the right but if someone would want to help me and just send me a message that would be great. I'll be sure to respond ofcourse.

Thanks in advance! :D

MageInBlack
07-11-2014, 02:11 PM
When is the best time to back when in lane? I usually go after clearing a wave, but by the time I arrive, the enemy laner has pushed into my tower just a bit.

Is there a rule to follow? Sometimes I really need pots, wards, or my next item, ya know?

RongYao
07-17-2014, 08:24 AM
Hi there people! I've been playing smite in recently, I like the game pretty much but somehow, some players get me, they complaining about everything, report this and that.

I want people to tell me which stuff are fine to be done in game and which stuff are not cool, because recently people wanted to report me for bring down the wrong tower or not buying the item they think it is the right item for me.

Okey, enemy missing left line, i'm solo left, they holding up right line being pushed back to our tower, but i'm free and i see they handle it fine without me, so i decide to bring down the enemy left tower. We made it, rest of the team successfully protected our right tower 3 vs 3 right , 2 vs 1 mid lane and i bring down their left one.
So far so good two people just started raging at me not listening them and that i didn't go to help them.

I don't understand their strategy. O.o They want we all to get together and protect one tower while easy enemy will just get back and attack the other, imagine a tennis game here, nothing better than just running from one line to another.

Question... when you should report a player?
Because, honestly, I'm newbie and i don't want to be pro, I just want to play co-op with people or team and chill out after work you know. ;D

Cyberlink
07-17-2014, 09:08 AM
Hi there people! I've been playing smite in recently, I like the game pretty much but somehow, some players get me, they complaining about everything, report this and that.

This is common in MOBAs, ignore the "static". =)

I want people to tell me which stuff are fine to be done in game and which stuff are not cool, because recently people wanted to report me for bring down the wrong tower or not buying the item they think it is the right item for me.

Reports are only taken seriously if they violate the TOS and the TOS is pretty common and straight forward.
Here's a link to the rules for reports --> http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/495

Okey, enemy missing left line, i'm solo left, they holding up right line being pushed back to our tower, but i'm free and i see they handle it fine without me, so i decide to bring down the enemy left tower. We made it, rest of the team successfully protected our right tower 3 vs 3 right , 2 vs 1 mid lane and i bring down their left one.
So far so good two people just started raging at me not listening them and that i didn't go to help them.

I don't understand their strategy. O.o They want we all to get together and protect one tower while easy enemy will just get back and attack the other, imagine a tennis game here, nothing better than just running from one line to another.

I didn't see the game but this sounds fine.

Question... when you should report a player?
Because, honestly, I'm newbie and i don't want to be pro, I just want to play co-op with people or team and chill out after work you know. ;D

Leaving
Harassment
Intentional feeding (Especially if stated in chat.)

RongYao
07-17-2014, 09:23 AM
This is common in MOBAs, ignore the "static". =)

Reports are only taken seriously if they violate the TOS and the TOS is pretty common and straight forward.
Here's a link to the rules for reports --> http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/495

I didn't see the game but this sounds fine.

Leaving
Harassment
Intentional feeding (Especially if stated in chat.)

Yea i've noticed, I'm RPG player and well different genres and their different communities. Things here goes more competitive than rpgs and well it is moba yes i know.
Thank you for the link, I've read them! Yes, rules are pretty much straight forward so thank you once again. ^^

One more question, how staff knows if user left the game or got disconnected?

Cyberlink
07-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Yea i've noticed, I'm RPG player and well different genres and their different communities. Things here goes more competitive than rpgs and well it is moba yes i know.
Thank you for the link, I've read them! Yes, rules are pretty much straight forward so thank you once again. ^^

One more question, how staff knows if user left the game or got disconnected?

They don't, a diconnect is a disconnect.
Both damage the player experience of the other players in the match so your account is held responsible regardless.

Not a perfect system but until game companies can read minds to determine intention, it's the best we have. =)

RongYao
07-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Well if you got disconnected and then you get back to the mach, because game allows you to get back and finish the match, will you get punished or you getting punished only if you leave the game permanently regardless if it was intentional or because of connection issues?

Bear with my wi-fi ;) it holds well for now, but i fear my connection.

Oh yea i can't wait a company which first word in the name starts with E and second with A to start reading my mind. hahaha

Flareb00t
07-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Well if you got disconnected and then you get back to the mach, because game allows you to get back and finish the match, will you get punished or you getting punished only if you leave the game permanently regardless if it was intentional or because of connection issues?

Bear with my wi-fi ;) it holds well for now, but i fear my connection.

Oh yea i can't wait a company which first word in the name starts with E and second with A to start reading my mind. hahaha

If you can get back before the match ends, then you are allowed to continue playing. However, in a small amount of cases there may be an issue where you're sent back to the lobby instead. If that happens, relog again and try to reconnect to the match.

If you reconnect after the match has ended, you will be subject to deserter penalties.

RongYao
07-17-2014, 02:05 PM
If you can get back before the match ends, then you are allowed to continue playing. However, in a small amount of cases there may be an issue where you're sent back to the lobby instead. If that happens, relog again and try to reconnect to the match.

If you reconnect after the match has ended, you will be subject to deserter penalties.

Okey, thank you guys for the help and answers about everything!

Emperor9000
07-23-2014, 07:34 PM
Hey guys,

Started playing the game about a day or 2 ago together with mah cousin. Having good fun, killing a lot of gods and all that stuff.

The question I have right now is that I'm wonder about some of the class/lane roles. I've played LoL, and as many of you may know they have set roles there like top is the solo lane, jungler, 1 in mid and adc+supp in bot lane.

Now what I'm wondering is if there are roles like this here in smite aswell. We've been playing some matches but so far it doesn't seem like it. Everyone just goes somewhere random. But reading some stuff I have seen terms as solo lane and duo lane etc, so wondering if I can get an explanation? Which is duo lane, which classes go there (adc+ a supporty god?). What type of champ goes to mid lane or is it random. Is it different for different playmodes? (Siege vs conquest for example)

And as an extra, if I'm correct in expecting these sort of roles, why isn't there any of it happening? Just low levels maybe..?

Kaseda1027
07-24-2014, 03:13 AM
If tried to learn how to do this, but have no idea. I haven't seen any patterns or anything special, but:

How do you achieve genocide?

HeyKevo
07-25-2014, 01:06 PM
If tried to learn how to do this, but have no idea. I haven't seen any patterns or anything special, but:

How do you achieve genocide?

Do you mean Deicide? That occurs when all of the enemy gods are dead at the same time.

Demystificator
07-25-2014, 01:53 PM
Hey guys,

Started playing the game about a day or 2 ago together with mah cousin. Having good fun, killing a lot of gods and all that stuff.

The question I have right now is that I'm wonder about some of the class/lane roles. I've played LoL, and as many of you may know they have set roles there like top is the solo lane, jungler, 1 in mid and adc+supp in bot lane.

Now what I'm wondering is if there are roles like this here in smite aswell. We've been playing some matches but so far it doesn't seem like it. Everyone just goes somewhere random. But reading some stuff I have seen terms as solo lane and duo lane etc, so wondering if I can get an explanation? Which is duo lane, which classes go there (adc+ a supporty god?). What type of champ goes to mid lane or is it random. Is it different for different playmodes? (Siege vs conquest for example)

And as an extra, if I'm correct in expecting these sort of roles, why isn't there any of it happening? Just low levels maybe..?

1st : there's no "top" or "bottom" lane. There is a "short" and a "long" lane. Solo usually gets on Short (harder to gank on Short), dual go on Long.
Short is on FireGiant side (right side when you play against bots, where there is a volcano in the jungle); Long is on Gold Fury side.

Assassins suit better jungle cause farming should be safer. They're good at taking Gods 1 by 1.

Mages are basically magic carries from LoL. They're especially good to clean the minions squads in one skill.

Hunters are mostly considered as "adc" but they're more "Roamer". They're great at ganking / escaping and are tankier than Assassins.

Warriors are physical tanks but some of them can carry. They're the most balanced class between offense/defense stats.

Guardians are tanks. Sometimes, ppl try to carry with them but they don't do the job as good as mages.

Some heroes are very special though. Freya is told as a Mage but feels like Assassin ; Aphrodite is written as Mage but she's a good support. You'll figure it by playing.

Every god can jungle theorically. Most of the time, ppl let Assassins get in there as they need safe farm and lanes brings more xp than jungle (at least if you solo).

Who go where ? Nowadays it is : Hunter + guardian -> Long ; Mage -> Mid; Mage or Guardian or Warrior -> Short ; Assassin -> Jungle

Conquest is the classic Moba mod : 3 lanes, 1 base, jungle.
Assault is LoL's ARAM (without health packs).
Arena is just 10 heroes in a circular great map.
Siege is a lil bit complicated, try it; it will go faster than asking.
Joust is 1 lane, little jungle, 3 gods only.

Feel free to do the tutorial; the game explains fully the god classes and Conquest mode. You can also try Arena and Joust with bots in Co-op mode.

Cabbagepls
07-27-2014, 03:50 AM
Hey, I just started playing about a couple weeks ago and im having a lot of problems with ADC... I can play assassins just fine but ADC's i do terrible with even tho i love the ADC's Rama/Xba/Artemis.... If someone could tell me how to play ADC better i'd appreciate it.

a1sock
07-27-2014, 11:14 AM
is it still worth it to buy attack speed items like quins or executioner on mercury even though he caps attack speed with boots and his 2?

Demystificator
07-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Hey, I just started playing about a couple weeks ago and im having a lot of problems with ADC... I can play assassins just fine but ADC's i do terrible with even tho i love the ADC's Rama/Xba/Artemis.... If someone could tell me how to play ADC better i'd appreciate it.

In early, stay safe on a lane, behind archers. Try to land last hits as much as you can. Don't initiate anything on your lane, let the guardian do it and protect you.
Once you feel ready, you should try to gank. Most of them are great at it (especially Xba with his ulti).

But Xba and Arte (I never tried Rama) are very different. Xba has higher mobility and higher damage per hit.
With Artemis you should get items to have a maximum attack speed of 1.75. The 2nd will complete to the max value : 2.5
Artemis is kinda harder because of her traps and lack of mobility.

is it still worth it to buy attack speed items like quins or executioner on mercury even though he caps attack speed with boots and his 2?

I'd go for quins at least because it does extra damage making it very useful against tanks and is still effective in lategame. Executioner is very optional imo.

If opponents don't get any physical armor, it is useless : Fatalis and Asi grant more attack speed and all the critical hits items give more power (and potentially damages).

Toxicroaker
07-29-2014, 04:43 AM
I just got SMITE yesterday (after watching guides and videos about it for a month or so) and I have quite a few questions
1. Are there any key bindings for the forward and backwards aiming? The computer I am using has a weird problem where the mouse won't work if any other keys are being held down, so I can't use it unless I sit still. I was able to get around it for the most part (left and right keys to turn, up key to fire, and down key to cancel fire.) However, I can't aim up and down for moves like Ah Muzen Cab's honey and Baster's pounce so I am very limited with the characters that have moves like that.
2. I am in need of some in-depth guides for item building and the different roles in conquest.
3. Is there any way to avoid getting kicked out of games and having extreme lag all of the time? I am sick of having four bars of high-speed internet, yet still getting game-breaking lag and being banned all of the time for the server kicking me out every other game.

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers my questions.

Taullaris
08-06-2014, 09:18 AM
I was just wondering what the quickest way to level 30 is? I really like this game and would like to start ranked once I am ready, but the grind feels so long (with a boost yesterday played 7-8 games? got maybe a level) is any given game mode best for exp on average?

LovelyFate
08-06-2014, 01:08 PM
I was just wondering what the quickest way to level 30 is? I really like this game and would like to start ranked once I am ready, but the grind feels so long (with a boost yesterday played 7-8 games? got maybe a level) is any given game mode best for exp on average?

conquest gives the most exp since it have higher rate and it usually the longest. Longer games = more exp.

Kruserd
08-07-2014, 05:06 AM
So i just started playing about two days ago... I noticed when a match starts and everybody starts going to their positions i move at less than half the speed of everybody else, even with movement speed items and abilities...? Also, when i use an ability and the cd timer is down to 0 i cant use the ability for atleast another 20 seconds... any ideas?

Taullaris
08-11-2014, 09:07 AM
conquest gives the most exp since it have higher rate and it usually the longest. Longer games = more exp.

Yes, Conquest does give the most exp however I was going for more of a exp/time spent kind of direction. Nothing precise, was just wondering if there were a "Most Efficient" way to gain exp in smite

Aikaga
08-11-2014, 10:06 AM
First post here, and it's about what to do with people that use report as a uh... "weapon". I don't have anyone to play with so I'm always solo in the queue, but quite often I stumble across a bunch of premades on my team. Regardless of what happens, if one starts blaming me for anything, the rest just follows and use report as a way to harass.

http://snag.gy/iPOxM.jpg

This just happened to me today. I dealt most dmg player wise and took most dmg as I was the only one able to take alot of dmg. Yet, apparently I "KSed" them all. One thing is being mad about me killing more than them, but another thing is when they just balantly start insulting me out of context. I believe it's a duty to report people that afk/leaves or harass others, but what do you do when you keep silent the whole game, and the rest of the team just reports you out of spite?

Feni007
08-27-2014, 03:27 AM
I've had an issue with assault lately that is driving me crazy. When someone goes to trade me or vice versa, why does the re-roll thing gray out...? Is this intended or a glitch? I keep getting stuck between two gods I do NOT want to play cause someone hit trade on me before I could click re-roll. Whether you accept or decline you're basically screwed either way, I don't get why it does this.

PianoBlack
09-09-2014, 07:47 AM
I just can't lane againt Anubis, any tips?
I've been playing as He Bo and in the early lvls he outpushes me by far, and once we get to 5 if I cant 100 to 0 him he kills me easily.

Cyberlink
09-09-2014, 01:13 PM
First post here, and it's about what to do with people that use report as a uh... "weapon". I don't have anyone to play with so I'm always solo in the queue, but quite often I stumble across a bunch of premades on my team. Regardless of what happens, if one starts blaming me for anything, the rest just follows and use report as a way to harass.

http://snag.gy/iPOxM.jpg

This just happened to me today. I dealt most dmg player wise and took most dmg as I was the only one able to take alot of dmg. Yet, apparently I "KSed" them all. One thing is being mad about me killing more than them, but another thing is when they just balantly start insulting me out of context. I believe it's a duty to report people that afk/leaves or harass others, but what do you do when you keep silent the whole game, and the rest of the team just reports you out of spite?

False reports can get a reporting account banned, so if you choose to use the report system "as a weapon" don't.
If you've broken no rules, there's nothing to worry about, continue your games and keep playing.

Cyberlink
09-09-2014, 01:15 PM
I just can't lane againt Anubis, any tips?
I've been playing as He Bo and in the early lvls he outpushes me by far, and once we get to 5 if I cant 100 to 0 him he kills me easily.

Anubis lane clear at any level is incredible.
He snowballs quickly but my advice (since i play him a LOT) is to buy actives and use them strategically.

If he blows his wrap, it puts him at a serious disadvantage. Just wait for him to engage, dodge the wrap and get him.
Skill trumps any god so don't get discouraged, just keep playing.

Feni007
09-19-2014, 11:46 PM
I was wondering something about Bakasura. If you got Golden Bow on him technically wouldn't you be hitting everyone in his ulti for 150% damage? Because his ultimate reads that it's still a basic attack, so everyone you hit with the cone attack should be proc'n the Golden Bow.

WorstRa
09-28-2014, 02:25 PM
is there a guide on the voice commands? Do all of them chain off the v key or are there others?

W0wie
09-29-2014, 08:10 AM
So I used to play Dota 2 before the toxic community eventually drove me away. I have a few burning questions so far:

1. Are there any good, complete "Dota player's guide to Smite" type of articles? A Google search didn't tell me much besides the basics the tutorial already taught me. I plan on reading through the whole wiki eventually, but until then a crash course would be nice while I go through a few pages a day.
2. To Dota players: Which god plays/feels most like Jakiro?
3. This was mentioned earlier in the thread, but: how to deal with Loki? Thanatos' Soul Reap I learned to hate quick, but there's plenty of ways to counter it. However, this game's Riki doesn't have anything that exists to counter it. No truesight, no dust, nothing. Is the only solution really just to run away until invis fades (for mere seconds before going invis again), even if he does a super-obvious cloak that's plainly in your line of sight? This is probably just an L2P issue, and I do plan on walking a mile in his shoes to figure out his weaknesses after getting comfortable with the 5 starters, but until then, tips?

is there a guide on the voice commands? Do all of them chain off the v key or are there others?
http://smite.gamepedia.com/Voice_Guided_System has everything you need to know. :)

OldKaostic
09-29-2014, 08:12 AM

https://i.imgur.com/97ESV4s.jpg

cheeselordlolz
09-30-2014, 09:49 PM
Maybe try not to auto shot because of the speed penalty. Or just buy a mouse.

Xystophoroi
10-03-2014, 04:07 PM
So new to this, never done a MOBA before, have no idea what's going on at all, run through the introduction/practice modes. So loads of general confusion.

What's an adc? A carry? What does 'High Sustain' mean? How do terms like Jungler relate to terms like assassin or hunter?

My preference in play is Xbalanque and Neith (saving favour to buy Ah Muzen Cab) so Hunter is my favourite. How should I approach a game as a Hunter?

When building up items as a hunter are there any suggested things I should be going for or is it really unique to each god? I tend to favour attack speed and movement speed but is this a good idea?

If I get jumped by multiple enemy gods how do I get out alive? Turning away to run at full speed leaves me blind to the enemy at the rear so can't dodge the slow moving particle effects. I get the activated speed boots to get a boost to run but those only last so long and I usually get squished like a lightly armoured bug.

Thanks!

a1sock
10-03-2014, 09:04 PM
So new to this, never done a MOBA before, have no idea what's going on at all, run through the introduction/practice modes. So loads of general confusion.

What's an adc? A carry? What does 'High Sustain' mean? How do terms like Jungler relate to terms like assassin or hunter?
Adc stands for attack damage carry, these are the hunters in smite. They focus on dealing most of their damage with ranged auto attacks(dealing consistent damage, but not bursty like a mage). High sustain just means they have something in their kit that heals them, so they can sustain themselves in lane for a while. Junglers tend to be assassins, those that clear the jungle monsters and gank(surprise attack) to assist lanes.
My preference in play is Xbalanque and Neith (saving favour to buy Ah Muzen Cab) so Hunter is my favourite. How should I approach a game as a Hunter?
Try as many Gods as you can. Hunters usually go to the long lane, with a support. You should focus on getting last hits(the killing blow) as it gives you extra gold(and your support if they have watchers gift) so you can buy expensive items that will help you deal more damage. Play safe, respect your opponents and the minion wave(the damage and kill potential) and try to poke your enemies when its safe to(attacking enemy gods causes their minions to target you).
When building up items as a hunter are there any suggested things I should be going for or is it really unique to each god? I tend to favour attack speed and movement speed but is this a good idea?
tiermonster.com and smitefire have guides, and in the items tab there's an option called popular, it shows you the most common items others build on that god.
If I get jumped by multiple enemy gods how do I get out alive? Turning away to run at full speed leaves me blind to the enemy at the rear so can't dodge the slow moving particle effects. I get the activated speed boots to get a boost to run but those only last so long and I usually get squished like a lightly armoured bug.
wards, either placed by yourself of your support, give you vision on the map. This vision will let you see them in advance, giving you more time to react/run. Use your abilities and actives to escape. If they are very close to you and attacking while you run, moving randomly may through off their aim, but otherwise its best just to run as fast as possible.
Thanks!

Supports may not know their role and duties well enough when they are new, as they are learning just like you are. If they do not ward, you can politely ask them to try and ward, but if not, its on you to pick up the slack and place some wards. a ward costs 50 gp, and if you place it well it will save your life, its essentially the most cost effective item in the game.

LordJaguar
10-03-2014, 11:54 PM
I die so many times and too little kills whenever I play. Any tips to increase kills and lessen deaths?

spineIV
10-09-2014, 04:54 AM
I just found Smite, Im lvl 2
I've been playing RA, and want to continue doing so for a while until I understand whats going on.
Simple question, what lane should I play in and do do I need to jungle much

Thanks

OldKaostic
10-09-2014, 07:46 AM
I just found Smite, Im lvl 2
I've been playing RA, and want to continue doing so for a while until I understand whats going on.
Simple question, what lane should I play in and do do I need to jungle much

Thanks

Ra works well in the solo lane :).

a1sock
10-09-2014, 01:26 PM
I die so many times and too little kills whenever I play. Any tips to increase kills and lessen deaths?

just focus on staying alive and the kills will come. respect the minion wave and its damage, respect the enemies all in potential and think about how to encourage trades that end in your favor(if you have better sustain an even trade actually ends up in your favor, if they are bursty trade as soon as their abilities are on cooldown, etc). Ward up and get actives early. Understand your powerspikes and the enemies powerspikes(ults, items, actives, roam, etc) and respond accordingly. read up on your abilities, the enemies abilities, items, and touch up on your basics. Small victories add up to big wins.

spineIV
10-10-2014, 02:53 AM
So now I'm lvl6 and have found a god I like to play, but I have no idea how the whole buying items works
In the modes Im playing the game seems to do it all for me, which I like, but I want to tweek what items and what order to do stuff.
I've had a look at the character builder and the tier monster website, but it all still looks like a foreign language.

Any advice on where to start or how to use a build from tier monster in game?

For instance tier monster lists item1/item2/item3 etc
But the character builder has starter/core/damage/defence etc
And it shows 4 slots. do I have to choose each step towards Warlocks Sash (for instance) or just the end result?

Thanks

spineIV
10-22-2014, 04:48 AM
Having never played a MOBA before Im slowly finding my way around, still havent ventured into manually buying stuff yet but can someone pleasse validate or correct me on the basic assumptions about the meta below.

Solo=short lane, and should be a warrior/hunter or strong mage, can be just one player, push when jungler pops across to help, but its ok to just hold

Jungle should be assassin, he should stay in the jungle and gank when he can. ppl should not steal his camps, but we can take back harpies and mana buffs

Mid should 2 gods, 1 being a mage, they should ward the GF and FG, you can take harpies if your jungler is not keeping up, they should push the lane

Dual=long lane, should be 2 gods, a support and ADC, they should push the lane, support should initiate and get in the way, ADC should use Support as a meat shield
ADC is a god who is strong late game, I really dont have a good idea how you judge a god to be adc though

Early game is important to farm and not die
Mid/late game the focus will change to team fights, be there

Thanks

Spiritualiti
10-23-2014, 08:17 AM
I have a Question about dodging, i really like the Combat Mechanics but the one thing i'm struggling a bit is when i run away i can't see what the Guy behind me is doing / casting. This leads me to try run in Zic Zac and hopefully dodge something he is throwing at me.
It's just not the way i like to dodge attacks, i really would like to see what the Guy behind me is casting so i can react better.

Is there a Shortcut to watch your back while your running in the opposite direction?

FuriousKali
10-23-2014, 11:24 AM
There is something totally wrong with smite matchmaking.
Just before the compain with double worhshippers I was able to play conquest and siege.
During compain I went from 36 masteries to 50+
Now it is almost not possible to play any of these modes. Players are too high more experienced. It is almost not possible to play...
Does the number of masteries really affect who I will be put to play against?
Should I get a new account?

ADDAX
10-23-2014, 03:49 PM
There is something totally wrong with smite matchmaking.
Just before the compain with double worhshippers I was able to play conquest and siege.
During compain I went from 36 masteries to 50+
Now it is almost not possible to play any of these modes. Players are too high more experienced. It is almost not possible to play...
Does the number of masteries really affect who I will be put to play against?
Should I get a new account?

Most of the time you are affected by hidden mmr. More you win = higher your mmr(you get more experienced opponents against you) and vice-versa if you lose.

I don't think masteries affect you anyway.

FuriousKali
10-23-2014, 11:03 PM
Most of the time you are affected by hidden mmr. More you win = higher your mmr(you get more experienced opponents against you) and vice-versa if you lose.

I don't think masteries affect you anyway.

Thanks for the answer.
It appears to be so as after I had lost many times I was put against weak players..

as4mo3
10-24-2014, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the answer.
It appears to be so as after I had lost many times I was put against weak players..

Also, if you leave a game, it sets you back dramatically in MMR, so that'll show.

Ghadaro
10-26-2014, 06:19 PM
I've noticed the player portraits on matchload have a few symbols.
The number to the bottom left I assume is mastery level but what I haven't figured out is what the symbols to the bottom right mean (other than the AI one). If somebody could explain them it would be very much appreciated.

Also I fought against 3 people so far with a gold border and little symbol at the bottom middle (part of the border possibly). What does that mean?

edit* Final question, using Chang'e I was killed by Neith's Ultimate in the middle of my 2. Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding how Moonlit Waltz works?

NotKevin
10-26-2014, 09:09 PM
I've noticed the player portraits on matchload have a few symbols.
The number to the bottom left I assume is mastery level but what I haven't figured out is what the symbols to the bottom right mean (other than the AI one). If somebody could explain them it would be very much appreciated.

Also I fought against 3 people so far with a gold border and little symbol at the bottom middle (part of the border possibly). What does that mean?

edit* Final question, using Chang'e I was killed by Neith's Ultimate in the middle of my 2. Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding how Moonlit Waltz works?

1. The "symbol" on the bottom-right of the loading card is that player's Player Icon, which can be bought and set in the Icon Store by clicking on the icon next to your name in the bottom left of the main menu UI.

2. That is the eSports Supporter Loading Frame, and that icon takes the place of the gem that appears in every other frame as the Player Ready, or Loaded indicator. If you notice, it starts off silver, but turns gold after the player loads into the match. You can get this Loading Frame by purchasing six Odyssey items, which can be found by clicking on the far left icon in the top menu (not the close button).

3. I'm not entirely certain if Hi-Rez fixed the animation bug with Chang'e's 2 (Moonlit Waltz) yet; it got a nerf to its duration a while back but the animation retained its own seperate length, so the invulnerability frames end before the ability's animation does.

Ghadaro
10-31-2014, 10:22 AM
Thanks NotKevin much appreciated, it's nice to see a support thread thats actually helpful rather than abusive.

Septikx
11-01-2014, 10:00 AM
So now I'm lvl6 and have found a god I like to play, but I have no idea how the whole buying items works
In the modes Im playing the game seems to do it all for me, which I like, but I want to tweek what items and what order to do stuff.
I've had a look at the character builder and the tier monster website, but it all still looks like a foreign language.

Any advice on where to start or how to use a build from tier monster in game?

For instance tier monster lists item1/item2/item3 etc
But the character builder has starter/core/damage/defence etc
And it shows 4 slots. do I have to choose each step towards Warlocks Sash (for instance) or just the end result?

Thanks

The builder has the starter/core/damage categories only for sorting purposes, you could put 5 mana and 5 heal potions as core item if you want to.
its up to you to only put a tier1/2/3 item in the single steps, you can put warlocks into it or just common sash.

For your problem of not knowing what to build, switch the shop windows from "recommended" to All items and switch to the "popular items" tab, the items listed there are the most commonly used item for the god you are playing, and i even believe they are sorted in the right order due their differently bought number.( early items are used more frequently since the game needs to last longer to get all the items, i hope you got my pooint.)

Septikx
11-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Having never played a MOBA before Im slowly finding my way around, still havent ventured into manually buying stuff yet but can someone pleasse validate or correct me on the basic assumptions about the meta below.

Solo=short lane, and should be a warrior/hunter or strong mage, can be just one player, push when jungler pops across to help, but its ok to just hold

Jungle should be assassin, he should stay in the jungle and gank when he can. ppl should not steal his camps, but we can take back harpies and mana buffs

Mid should 2 gods, 1 being a mage, they should ward the GF and FG, you can take harpies if your jungler is not keeping up, they should push the lane

Dual=long lane, should be 2 gods, a support and ADC, they should push the lane, support should initiate and get in the way, ADC should use Support as a meat shield
ADC is a god who is strong late game, I really dont have a good idea how you judge a god to be adc though

Early game is important to farm and not die
Mid/late game the focus will change to team fights, be there

Thanks

Solo=short lane, yes, but think of it more as a farm lane, you pick gods that have enough sustain to just farm there, usually gods with an extremly good endgame are picked there, eg: hebo, loki

Jungle is usually a assassin but mages, warriors and guardians can do just fine there ( Freya, ymir, Hercules, Guan Yu, Athena, just to name some),
its their job to gank lanes, provide buffs to their teammates, help mid and supp to compete for the midharpies or hold a lane if needed ( mid died or has to back, jungle can clear the next or two next waves to defend the tower and get some extra xp)

Mid is usually a magelane but some goods like loki can make it too, this lane is about pushing your own minions into the enemy tower to deny gold to him, gank the other lanes, compete for the midharps, not dying (crucial) and reaching lategame asap as basicly every mage turns into a oneshotwonder in late (results may vary)

Duolane=long, yes usually Hunter+Guardian but other combinations can work out aswell. usually the guardian leaves the lane once he has midas boots and his hunter starts stacking and plays as an sec. jungler, ganking other lanes and helps securing junglecamps.
Adc is usually a Hunter but gods like freya mercury or even arachne have shown to work aswell.

i hope i could clear some things up for you.

YinSquare
11-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Hi, I'm new to SMITE and MOBA in general.

I enjoyed ranged gods the most and have been practising to play adc.

I've been playing mostly vs bots right now, when is the best lvl to join normal mode? I'm currently lvl 9.

I did played a few joust and conquest games in normal mode, and I realized that you don't always get to pick the role you prefer (I didn't get to play as adc at all) I would like to at least to learn one god before moving on to another, but would you recommended me to learn at least one god in each role before joining the game? What gods would you recommend for beginners? (I do have the god pack)

Thanks for reading :)

LordJaguar
11-14-2014, 03:30 AM
Just asking, when does one attack GF and when does one take the FG buff?

ZephyrBlu
11-15-2014, 07:09 PM
Hi, I'm new to SMITE and MOBA in general.

I enjoyed ranged gods the most and have been practising to play adc.

I've been playing mostly vs bots right now, when is the best lvl to join normal mode? I'm currently lvl 9.

I did played a few joust and conquest games in normal mode, and I realized that you don't always get to pick the role you prefer (I didn't get to play as adc at all) I would like to at least to learn one god before moving on to another, but would you recommended me to learn at least one god in each role before joining the game? What gods would you recommend for beginners? (I do have the god pack)

Thanks for reading :)
Well if you want your role badly, either autolock your ADC (Not recommended as people may be annoyed) or you can type ADC into the lobby and 'call' your role. A quick way to do this is by having ADC written, but not sent in the system tab of the chat, then when the god selection screen appears you can press enter and it will send the message. It would probably be good if you knew how to play one of each role yes.
Mage: Ra is quite beginner friendly and relatively easy to use
Guardian: I think Geb isn't too hard to use
Assassin: Loki, Mercury, Fenrir. Not sure really
Warrior: Chaac has fairly high damage and he's relatively easy to use. Hercules' combo is also pretty easy.
Hunter: Artemis is quite a good beginner hunter IMO
I'd play against real people quite early as (Theoretically) they are just as nooby as you! :P
But I'd say after you know how to play at least 1 or 2 gods ok, go into PvP.

Just asking, when does one attack GF and when does one take the FG buff?
GF can be taken early in the game, maybe when everyone is at L10. But it needs to be a team effort, so I think before L15 (Player lvl that is) or above even, people won't even understand how it helps. If you have a team who actually communicates try to take it as soon as you think your team can handle it. Mind you, the enemy team will probably try to stop you, so it's often taken when 1 or more of the enemies are down.

FG is a late game buff. Taken probably not before people are mainly L18ish simply because it is too strong and will kill you if you try earlier. It is massive and will help a lot of if you can take it. Once again it is normally taken when there is at least 1 enemy down and they will likely try to stop you if they know you are there.

Assassins (Mainly, other may be able to do it) can solo these objectives if they have enough lifesteal and doing enough damage. You can test this by seeing if you are losing health when going up against one of the objectives. If you are, simply retreat. Also your tank should get HoG 3 to help take out the objectives (Hand of Gods Rank 3, the Wrath of Gods branch). This is because HoG 3 allows you to instantly kill the FG/GF when they are on less than 25% health, this is shown by the change in the colour of their health bar.

Final note: If you are in a low lvl game the chances are your team will ont even be bothered taking the GF or FG because they don't fully understand the game yet, so trying to make them take it is sometimes a waste of breath. Also if you do end up taking the enemies might not actually try to stop you if they are also low lvls because they don't know better (This is talking in terms of profile lvl from 1-30).

Xytech
11-18-2014, 08:46 AM
What is this? (http://i.imgur.com/vAVUioQ.jpg)

Is it the cap, meaning any magic power over 900 is worthless? I'd assume that's the case because it makes sense for CDR to have a cap, however a cap on magic power sounds rather weird.

And if this is the cap: How does buffs work with it? Thinking about red buff, elixirs and fire giant.

Another question, unrelated to the first.
What is a leave? (https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/stats.aspx?player=xytech). As you can see from the link I supposedly have 4 leaves, but I've never left a game. I have however left matchmaking once and gottten randomly sent to login screen from matchmaking a couple times. Does leaving matchmaking count as an actual leave? Or is it the times when you finish a game after the servers have gone down so you instantly get sent to login screen after the game?
Edit: Had some client issues refusing me to load the game after starting a MOTD today. This resulted in me reinstalling the game, so I never connected to the game. This correctly counted as a leave, but I'm still curious about the 4 first.

MoonLightWave
11-20-2014, 06:30 AM
hi there, i know these may be some stupid questions but whatever:
1) how can i improve my aim on ranged attacks or linear skillshots like ares 1, most of the time unless im melee range i always miss
2) you know something to improve my fps performance in the game? even if i have only smite open and in almost everything low i still suffer some problems in teamfights, before beta my pc managed to handle that very easily.

IceyFlames
11-20-2014, 07:55 AM
Hello, I am a new jungle player and i would like to know how you can take out the description of each jungle camps in the jungle. Whenever I walk in front of a camp, there is that description on right that takes a lot of space for nothing and I cant really find the option on the HUD editor.

Disquieted1
11-20-2014, 09:35 AM
hi there, i know these may be some stupid questions but whatever:
1) how can i improve my aim on ranged attacks or linear skillshots like ares 1, most of the time unless im melee range i always miss
2) you know something to improve my fps performance in the game? even if i have only smite open and in almost everything low i still suffer some problems in teamfights, before beta my pc managed to handle that very easily.

Try lowering graphics settings and updating your graphics card's driver, if you have a card and not onboard.

Your aim on ranged attacks is determined by your prediction. Landing midair shots in Tribes: Ascend is really the reason why I can land all of my ranged attacks. There are a few things you need to know about this.

Firstly is projectile speed. How fast is your projectile moving? For example, Nuwa's Silver Bullet moves a lot faster than Thanatos' ranged (I forget skill names, I'm a noob like that). This will affect the next thing.

Secondly, where is your opponent going? To the left, the right, up, down, in and out of the 78th dimension? Evaluate this. Most skilled players will move in a random direction and keep changing directions, so be careful. New players usually go in a line so they're more predictable.

Finally, lead the target. This is essentially aiming and timing your shot so it will meet the opponent. If the enemy is moving to the right, aim ahead of the target, that way the projectile meets.

After that, it's just practice. I would have added inheritance here but Smite doesn't have projectile inheritance, unlike Tribes: Ascend.

GroundStorm
11-22-2014, 10:19 PM
Is cupid good in pvp arena? I have only used him in practice area , which I know is easy, but average K/A/D of 35/14/0. What to expect once enter actual pvp with him