PDA

View Full Version : classic 5vs5 queues

Grendert
03-26-2014, 04:57 AM
Hello all!

Yesterday I joined a party with 3 more friends (so we were 4) and we tried to play one classic 5vs5 games but it told me my party was too big for playing it.

so I'm guessing, there was already more than 1 people on each time asigned on that specific game.

I get that making games each 2 and half minutes is a good way to start when the game is just released, you avoid long waits in queues, but is a problem for people like me than doesn't have 12 chars yet or exactly 5 friends and can't play one 5vs5 games with his team and 1 random player (without making a custom game) with this system.

Are there some plans of correcting that? or the only thing I can do is to wait for the exactly moment that the queue starts to join fast trying to get inside before it completes?

PD: I don't know if this is the right forum to post it , maybe should have go to general? in that case move it if you need to

thanks

hotpie08
03-26-2014, 06:39 PM
They don't allow parties of 4 for matchmaking purposes. It's 1,2,3 or 5. Sorry

Grendert
03-27-2014, 12:26 PM
well, they allow it in the arena mode game, why they don't allow parties of 4 in 5vs5 classic games?

Taresh
03-27-2014, 02:08 PM
well, they allow it in the arena mode game, why they don't allow parties of 4 in 5vs5 classic games?

They use to allow it but decided that it wouldn't be fair for that 1 person that isn't in the party. (E.G the party of 4 surrendering just to troll or just because they wanted too.)

jailedpanda
03-27-2014, 06:36 PM

Matchmaking issues is one, 4 man queues always threw off matchmaking because people tend to bring much lower skill level people which throws the way the matchmaking system. Parties are usually the reason people get level <15 people in their games.

The other one is the fact that you are allowed to surrender/troll the one other person in the game. When 4 man queues were a thing you would occasionally get a 4 man group that just trolled all game and then surrendered at 10.

Also the amount of communication you have by having 4 people in comms with each other is a pretty big advantage.

Grendert
03-28-2014, 04:15 AM
Ok. I didnt see it that way and i understand it now. But i cant play with 5 people either. The only way i could play a 5vs5 classic game is by playing premade games and you need 12 gods to play it. So i dont see that good for the game because if you join with friends to play with them and you cant do it since the beginning that can make people look for another game. For me i dont like arenas that much and right now im just playing to get 12 gods as fast as I can. I think they should remove the 12 gd restriction and let it just for league matchs or create one game mode like this one

Corolinth
03-28-2014, 07:06 PM
You can 4-man queue for the match of the day, assault, or arena. The only game mode that you can't 4-man queue for is conquest, and that's largely due to the communication factor and the troll potential. Even if you assume everyone is on the level, the odd-man-out is at a huge disadvantage compared to the rest of his team. He's not sitting in the same room, hanging out on voice chat, or whatever is likely going on to facilitate communication between the 4-man team. Communication is much more important in conquest for avoiding ganks and the like, or coordinating attacks on fire giant and gold fury. It just kind of sucks being the oddball on a premade team. 3-man teams get paired up with 2-man teams, and in that case everyone has somebody that they're likely to be on voice chat with.

Pre-made conquest used to follow the same god selection rules as regular conquest. The 12 god requirement is sort of a new thing. It's also 14 gods. You need to have enough to cover 4 bans plus 9 other people picking. Assuming you pick last, 13 gods may be gone by the time your pick comes.