PDA

View Full Version : Unwritten rules of Reputation distribution?

Ashypants
01-18-2016, 06:36 AM
I've given maybe... 3 positive rep points and one negative since joining and I got to thinking...

Is there some sort of rule system to this? does there have to be a really good clearly outlined reason for giving rep? I just wonder since I dont want to be one of those people who "abuses" the system without knowing it.

Thanks in advance lovely Smiters!

RippleApple
01-18-2016, 06:44 AM
So cute and fluffy you get a rep

Ashypants
01-18-2016, 07:15 AM
Daw shucks stranger, you done made me blush

frenzy64
01-18-2016, 02:38 PM
Just give rep based on what you think about the person and how they try to argue in threads.

Usually if they say stuff like "Oh you're just saying that cuz your'e a little kid and probably are new" Then I just give them a rep down since they go for personal attacks and provide no evidence towards their argument

If they say stuff like "This person is op because of: He/She does ??? amount of damage in ??? time but can still do ??? and ??? and this that etc" then I will give them an upvote depending on if their argument actually makes sense since people still think bellona is OP

SeventhArchon
01-18-2016, 06:43 PM
There's only one: If you give negative rep, explain it and sign it.

mrgreekzies
01-18-2016, 07:12 PM

Is that an actual rule? Because I don't really see people do it, I've received some anonymous negative rep in my time. As of right now I think it's just common courtesy, and you're right, that really is something you should do.
EDIT: RIP me, I didn't read the whole thread title, please excuse my stupidity. But I'll leave this post here though as a backup to Archon's, because that really is something one should do.

Dmantakae
01-18-2016, 07:14 PM
Currently there are no rules for distributing reputation. However forum rules still apply, so when leaving a message do not be rude/offensive, (I can view who reps).

And yes, 7A is trying to make leaving your name a thing when giving pos/neg rep. It's still entirely up to you.

SeventhArchon
01-18-2016, 07:23 PM
Is that an actual rule? Because I don't really see people do it, I've received some anonymous negative rep in my time. As of right now I think it's just common courtesy, and you're right, that really is something you should do.
EDIT: RIP me, I didn't read the whole thread title, please excuse my stupidity. But I'll leave this post here though as a backup to Archon's, because that really is something one should do.

Thread title was unwritten rule. It's not official but rather common courtesy. No problem :) I do sign both kinds of my rep, but I give almost only positive.
As Dman said rep is still modded so written rules apply to it as well.
Leaving names should be automated, there's no real downside to it.
If you don't sign positive rep, you leave people wondering, and yourself uncredited.
If you don't sign negative rep, it's rather cowardly.

Ashypants
01-18-2016, 07:29 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I didnt know it didnt automatically inform someone of who gave them rep so I havnt been signing but I will from now on. It seems for the most part that the idea is "if you feel it's right to do it, you're justified" though I might be over simplifying :P

Thanks everyone, you're all my new bestest friends in the world <3

KingScuba
01-20-2016, 03:53 AM
it's pretty simple. if you like something, rep it. if you hate something, -rep it.

There's no rules, just don't leave insulting comments.

Endag
01-20-2016, 02:29 PM
I've actually been wondering about this.

How do people even -rep or +rep stuff?

KingScuba
01-20-2016, 10:49 PM
see that little star next to the caution sign directly below your avatar?

Gromun
01-21-2016, 02:50 AM

lol, all negative reps comments in my profile are "troll" "no" "i still not speak your words" "you thinks you smart, but you not" " *nothing* "

to be clear reputation system maden for just harras yout opponent and be unknown, rate of negative reputation always be more then positive and not because there is mo "good posts" then "bad posts", mostly because ppl trying ***** itself xD

Endag
01-21-2016, 12:22 PM
see that little star next to the caution sign directly below your avatar?

Thanks m8.