PDA

View Full Version : First forum post, how about some QoL changes?

DePhantasia
03-26-2014, 12:17 AM
I'm not going to talk about god balances, plenty of people arguing about that already. I'm just going to rattle off a few simple client changes/ other kinds of changes that I feel people could utilize more than what we have currently. None of these will affect how the game plays, just how the screens look and interact with the player. Most of these I know have been highly requested both before the move to reddit, and many MANY times on reddit, so apologies for the redundancy.

Starting from right when we start the client: An ability to freely change the image that appears before the game is launched.

1- Just a little way for the end user to customize their clients, without modifying any game code.

Proceeding to the login screen: The option to choose between the newest loading screen, as well as any screen previously that was used. Also some options to look into are Muting the login music and/ or disabling login screen animations.

2- Like the last one, just a few things to let the end user choose about their client, that isn't going to really affect their gameplay. If a "disable login screen animation" is added, it could just provide a static image of whatever was being animated at the time.

Now we find ourselves at the home screen. Nothing I can think of here, moving on.

Finally, we have decided to play a game! Pick a mode, any game mode! my last few, but not final, QoL suggestions are:

a Random God option for conquest, Arena, Joust, and the MotD if applicable.

3- This for the players who start a game, just wanting to play, but not knowing who to play. This feeling will build as new gods are introduced. All this would do is select a random god that hasn't already been chosen on the team, and that you own. A few times this has been brought up on reddit is that it shouldn't lock you in when used, to which the argument stands, why would it? In no other game with this option available does it auto-lock once used. It'll cycle between available gods randomly until YOU, the player, lock in.

In Assault, we have these two; the ability to reroll and trade gods with allies on our team.

4- Assault is more or less fine even with out these, however, these options will help people get comfortable if they get a god that either doesn't do well in assault, or that they personally don't like or do well with. A re-roll will simply re-randomize their god selection from the available gods they have. Currently, only "balance" assault has is if one team has a 'Healer' the other will as well. if the healer were to re-roll, another healer would be randomly selected. Re-rolls can't be done infinitely, so make them limited?

5- Now, onto trading. The concept is simple. You get a god that either you can't play well, or just doesn't do very well in Aram, however, one of your teammates wants it, or you want a god one of your teammates has (most likely, this will be after your re-rolls are spent.) Offer to trade, and if they accept, now you have their god. If they decline, oh well, you tried. This also ties in with the re-roll, as some find themselves to be lucky with their chances than others. If the player who got the 'healer' trades for someone else, the algorithm for the game remains the same. The 'healer' has just been switched. If they wanted to re-roll, they would spend their re-roll ability to get another healer.

Not a short post, and to those who reply, please understand that these are small things that I personally would like to see implemented into the game. I also feel that many would like these as well, just for having the options that they don't currently have. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to clarify them. Release day was fun, continue playing this great game~ DePhantasia, out.

baddwolf
03-26-2014, 12:29 AM
Good quality post m8, I would suggest perhaps using a numbered list (1,2,3,4, etc) so that we can quickly address exact idea you are talking about.

DePhantasia
03-26-2014, 12:37 AM
Good quality post m8, I would suggest perhaps using a numbered list (1,2,3,4, etc) so that we can quickly address exact idea you are talking about.

I'll remember that. by the time I thought I was done, I was in the process of including those last three, and being a stickler for description, numbers for my things weren't the first thing on my mind, so I separated the ideas with the dash.

LoLip0op
03-26-2014, 12:44 AM
Agree with baddwolf, it's a solid post with good quality to it and I think these changes would be neat to have added. Maybe not the reroll so much but the others. :)

baddwolf
03-26-2014, 12:46 AM
I'll remember that. by the time I thought I was done, I was in the process of including those last three, and being a stickler for description, numbers for my things weren't the first thing on my mind, so I separated the ideas with the dash.

You could always quickly edit your post and change dashes to numbers, would take 30 seconds at most. :)

DePhantasia
03-26-2014, 12:48 AM
Agree with baddwolf, it's a solid post with good quality to it and I think these changes would be neat to have added. Maybe not the reroll so much but the others. :)

As stated, its merely a Quality of Life thing. I play League, and Aram there allows up to 2 re-rolls at a time, and the only way to generate re-rolls is to play more aram and build them up. takes around 5-6 games starting from 0, going to 2.

You could always quickly edit your post and change dashes to numbers, would take 30 seconds at most. :)

Yea, I could, and might, but I'm too lazy to do that right now

Gummiel
03-26-2014, 07:52 AM
1 - 3 wouldnt use those myself but more options is always good so why not, might benefit ppl with lower-end computers.

4 & 5: I dont really like rerolls in assault it should be 2 random teams, however mix the previous both teams have same role dstribution so if one team get a hunter the other get a hunter, if one team get 2 hunters other team get 2 hunters etc. and keep the healer also as a subrole so to say so one team get a healer the other do too. Maybe make 2 "tiers" of healers too top-tier heals would be gods like ra, change, hel and such, where the low-tier would include cupid, hades, guan yu etc (might be more i missed in both but you get the idea) and have equal amount from both catagories. Currently if one team get a cupid or even a guan yu the other might not get a healer at all and though cupid and specailly guan yu is not great healers in assault can be a HUGE advatage to have one of them just if the other have no healer at all

And then add in trading yes plz would love this too, the team composition would still be random but so annyoing if you see 2 ppl both got gods they are very bad at, but they wouljd be at least decent on the other persons god, well go trade.

with those things i belive you would get a LOT more fair assault matches while still keeping it random (ofc as long as there is an random element it would never make 100% fair matches but this would improve it a LOT)

EDIT: got some of the numbers wrong

DePhantasia
03-26-2014, 09:56 AM
1 & 2 wouldnt use those myself but more options is always good so why not, might benefit ppl with lower-end computers.

3 & 4: I dont really like rerolls in assault it should be 2 random teams, however mix the previous both teams have same role dstribution so if one team get a hunter the other get a hunter, if one team get 2 hunters other team get 2 hunters etc. and keep the healer also as a subrole so to say so one team get a healer the other do too. Maybe make 2 "tiers" of healers too top-tier heals would be gods like ra, change, hel and such, where the low-tier would include cupid, hades, guan yu etc (might be more i missed in both but you get the idea) and have equal amount from both catagories. Currently if one team get a cupid or even a guan yu the other might not get a healer at all and though cupid and specailly guan yu is not great healers in assault can be a HUGE advatage to have one of them just if the other have no healer at all

And then add in trading yes plz would love this too, the team composition would still be random but so annyoing if you see 2 ppl both got gods they are very bad at, but they wouljd be at least decent on the other persons god, well go trade.

with those things i belive you would get a LOT more fair assault matches while still keeping it random (ofc as long as there is an random element it would never make 100% fair matches but this would improve it a LOT)

I don't mean to be nitpicky, but 3 doesn't even pertain to assault. it's for conquest, arena, joust, and Motds that are not random.

and I don't think assault needs any more role balances. the mode is supposed to be more or less completely random. Healers, I understand, however, in the end, even that is unnecessary. also, re-rolling doesn't remove the randomness of the queue. It just re-randomizes your choice. from what I've seen, you are the second person to assume that you get to choose before you re-roll. That isn't the case.

Gummiel
03-26-2014, 10:38 AM
I don't mean to be nitpicky, but 3 doesn't even pertain to assault. it's for conquest, arena, joust, and Motds that are not random. Ahh sorrry about that seems i went too fast over it when writing the reply xD

and I don't think assault needs any more role balances. the mode is supposed to be more or less completely random. Healers, I understand, however, in the end, even that is unnecessary. also, re-rolling doesn't remove the randomness of the queue. It just re-randomizes your choice. from what I've seen, you are the second person to assume that you get to choose before you re-roll. That isn't the case.No i did not in fact assume that, and imo it does in fact remove the "completely random" as much as the mirror roles does it, total "completely random" would mean that you as a player does not have ANY control over what god you want, and the fact that you get to re-roll even if you don't get to pick gives you a sliver of control.

Also by mirroring roles could help ease up some of the cases where some ppl seem to get the same god way too much compared to other gods, as that role might not even be in the next assault