PDA

View Full Version : Spammers and such.

RavenOfClockwork
12-13-2015, 09:07 PM
I have a question, and I didn't know where to put it, so I guess here is better than anywhere.

If you make a LFG thread/post, (or any kind of post, I guess) and explicitly state on that post or something that you aren't looking for a clan but people post advertisements and message you anyway, could that be considered report-able for spamming?

I ask because I posted on the monthly LFG thread recently looking for a small friend group, and even edited my post to include "I'm not looking for a clan, just to join a small group of friends." in plain bold text, yet have gotten multiple messages of people trying to recruit me.

Could they get in trouble for this? Should I report them? When I flat out say I'm not looking for that and they message anyway it feels like harassment and I don't really like it. But I don't want to report someone if it's considered "okay".

IrishPotato
12-14-2015, 10:47 AM
If you explicitly state that you aren't looking for a clan, and people post it anyway, report them and we'll take care of it. No matter what it's highly disrespectful for players to force their advertisements on someone who says "hey, I don't want you to do this"

RavenOfClockwork
12-14-2015, 07:13 PM
If you explicitly state that you aren't looking for a clan, and people post it anyway, report them and we'll take care of it. No matter what it's highly disrespectful for players to force their advertisements on someone who says "hey, I don't want you to do this"

Okay. Thank you. I just didn't want to take the risk that I'd be reporting for nothing and losing my credibility for reports. ^^

IrishPotato
12-14-2015, 07:23 PM
Okay. Thank you. I just didn't want to take the risk that I'd be reporting for nothing and losing my credibility for reports. ^^

If you're really concerned about it, send me a private message and I'll review it myself.

RavenOfClockwork
12-15-2015, 06:04 AM
If you're really concerned about it, send me a private message and I'll review it myself.

I sent in a report in about the people who messaged me. I wasn't too worried, just wanted the confirmation, if that makes sense.

IrishPotato
12-15-2015, 07:19 AM
I sent in a report in about the people who messaged me. I wasn't too worried, just wanted the confirmation, if that makes sense.

Every report is seen very quickly and appropriate action is always taken. Private message reports you can't really see any confirmation on, except that the activity you reported won't happen again. In this case I will say it was taken care of and if it happens again there will be strict punishment.

RavenOfClockwork
12-15-2015, 07:57 AM
Every report is seen very quickly and appropriate action is always taken. Private message reports you can't really see any confirmation on, except that the activity you reported won't happen again. In this case I will say it was taken care of and if it happens again there will be strict punishment.

I meant more of the confirmation that it was okay to report that kind of behavior. Sorry, I wasn't clear on what I meant there. But, thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it.

IrishPotato
12-15-2015, 08:00 AM
I meant more of the confirmation that it was okay to report that kind of behavior. Sorry, I wasn't clear on what I meant there. But, thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it.

It is ok to report that kind of behavior.

Authorize
12-18-2015, 06:34 AM
So I'm going to make this post to inform you for two reasons, one to ensure you don't illegitimately report people again and, to put it bluntly, act stupidly.

So if we look at the post you are referring to below:

http://i.imgur.com/j7nfjSd.png

BEFORE the edit, nowhere does it specifically say that you are NOT looking for a CLAN.

Your original post in this forum said; "
If you make a LFG thread/post, (or any kind of post, I guess) and explicitly state on that post or something that you aren't looking for a clan but people post advertisements and message you anyway, could that be considered report-able for spamming? "

So where, before the edit that made it clear, do you say explicitly that you are not looking for a clan?

We then see the edit you made at 12-14-2015 at 02:02 AM stating clearly you did not want a clan was made AFTER receiving some messages. As someone who was affected by this, it is easy to provide proof;

http://i.imgur.com/bP3Vheu.png

As you can see, my message was sent 3 days before your edit was made.

Now, please explain how you warrant a report on people AFTER you edit the appropriate information.

IrishPotato
12-18-2015, 09:18 AM
Sending someone a generic message about a clan and large community is not "looking for a small group of friends". It's not word for word, but it's clear at least to me that he does not want a clan.

Authorize
12-20-2015, 12:31 AM
Sending someone a generic message about a clan and large community is not "looking for a small group of friends". It's not word for word, but it's clear at least to me that he does not want a clan.

It is not clear at all. I am part of a large community, but only play with a small group of people. So yes, it is a small group.

The OP stated they clearly said no clan, when in fact they didn't. Small group does NOT imply small group. Giving infractions on an implication is so false anyway. If this was court you would be thrown out so quickly. So please explain why an infraction was warranted on an implication that could be easily misunderstood.

I'll take it up with a higher authority and hopefully they have common sense.

IrishPotato
12-20-2015, 09:45 AM
It is not clear at all. I am part of a large community, but only play with a small group of people. So yes, it is a small group.

The OP stated they clearly said no clan, when in fact they didn't. Small group does NOT imply small group. Giving infractions on an implication is so false anyway. If this was court you would be thrown out so quickly. So please explain why an infraction was warranted on an implication that could be easily misunderstood.

I'll take it up with a higher authority and hopefully they have common sense.

It was supposed to be a warning as stated in the message but came out as an infraction as error. This has already been submitted to change :)