PDA

View Full Version : Clash Beta : Extended

HiRezPonPon
11-30-2015, 01:55 PM
Hello Everyone!

Clash is a game mode that is currently in the BETA stages of testing. Originally we planned to disable the mode on December 1st to make adjustments to the map; but we are going to extend the time it is on for a few weeks.

With the latest patch, we have adjusted the gold spooling down from 8 per tick, to 6. This changes a lot of things with the mode, and as such we wanted to continue gathering feedback about the new pacing of the game before we make more revisions. Players have also expressed a desire for us to leave the game mode enabled so they can continue playing. We are really excited to see players enjoying the new game mode. Since we need more stats, as well as users are having fun, we felt it a win-win to leave the game mode on.

The in-game panel will be updated to remove the Dec. 1st date. The game mode will still be marked BETA and players can expect to see more updates in coming patches.

- PonPon

Goobis
11-30-2015, 02:00 PM
Yay!

The gold spooling honestly was the biggest issue with the mode, glad it's getting tonned down. Looking Fiesta to more updates because it's becoming my favorite mode.

xXxEDFxXx
11-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Yes this is awesome news thanks and the gold spooling is a good change glad thats only change rest of game mode is fine

Rivar
11-30-2015, 03:06 PM
What do you guys think about passive exp gain like in Arena? I'm loving the mode but I feel like that people fall behind very easily.

Macaulyn
11-30-2015, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't mind if it was turned off, its horrible.

Ogva
11-30-2015, 04:29 PM
Wouldn't be better to increase the xp spoiling instead. To make it more casual, less snowbally and reaching lvl 20 an actual possibility in an average/long-ish game?

thandolus
11-30-2015, 05:00 PM
Yay! I was kinda bummed it was going away. Glad it is staying and changing the spooling.
EDIT: Kinda hope the lower spooling puts more emphasis on the gold fury. seems like people rarely go for this objective and or bother to contest it.

amisupreme
11-30-2015, 07:17 PM
Plea . Think of the children . Make it 2v2 / 3v3

LoudAndAnnoying
11-30-2015, 07:27 PM

I would love some ranked clash 2v2s.

Goobis
11-30-2015, 09:54 PM

And have Aphrodite/Kali combos every game? No thank you.

Firellius
12-01-2015, 04:39 AM
I wouldn't mind if it was turned off, its horrible.

Fortunately, you don't have to play it if you don't want to.

With the pace going down in Arena and Conquest being a disaster since Bumba's Mask, I'm extremely happy with Clash as it returned much of the old SMITE's values where offense and aggression reigned supreme. There's way more action in Clash than in Conquest and even more than in Arena and I absolutely love it. I am very glad to hear that Clash will continue to run and hope that it will stay up permanently.

Erival
12-01-2015, 04:43 AM
The only real problem I have with the map is that there's a short run between Fountain and Titan. Those two have been in the same place with every other mode [That I've played], and that separation is really painful in the late game. It also reduces some of the group fight feel should one phoenix be down, but not the other.

That said, reducing spooling seems odd. I really like the fast paced nature, it's the best of Joust and Arena.

Firellius
12-01-2015, 08:25 AM
The only real problem I have with the map is that there's a short run between Fountain and Titan. Those two have been in the same place with every other mode [That I've played], and that separation is really painful in the late game. It also reduces some of the group fight feel should one phoenix be down, but not the other.

That said, reducing spooling seems odd. I really like the fast paced nature, it's the best of Joust and Arena.

I'm personally all right with the map layout, although I do have to say that the phoenix closer to the titan is infinitely more valuable than the other, which is something for which a creative solution might be in order.

The gold spooling... Well, I don't think 2 gold per tick is going to have any catastrophic impact, but I do agree that its higher pace should definitely be maintained and I would advice against lowering it any further.

CxxProphet
12-01-2015, 09:39 AM
I'm not fond of the map layout, the Titan gets his shit pushed in by the other team with just one Phoenix down and that's the Phoenix directly in front of the Titan.

It doesn't give the defending team a chance to make a come back like they can in Conquest or Assault.

I'm not seeing how 2 less gold per tick is going to make any difference.

Just don't like Clash in general.

Those are my 2 cents.

RippleApple
12-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Wish you'd change the color of the ground so it's not the exact same color as text in the chat window, I can't read it and it hurts communication.

Fossum
12-03-2015, 04:00 AM
Good stuff

magikod
12-03-2015, 07:35 AM
I don't mind the clash mode, just takes some time getting used to.

andywatt96
12-03-2015, 08:30 PM
And have Aphrodite/Kali combos every game? No thank you.

thats what competitive bans are for lol...

RogueANG3L
12-04-2015, 01:47 PM

How bout stop trying to drastically change the game mode like people like to do when something new comes out. Alot of people were upset last year because Siege was great 5 v 5 then some popular broadcaster wanted it 4 v 4 to make it more "competitive" and HiRez caved. I never went back to that game mode since because it was great as is and it just wasn't the casual fun I had with it before it was altered. Now we got people on here wanting 2 v 2 like wtf leave it alone 2 v 2 is ridiculous. The whole point of this and Siege before they changed it is the whole chaotic nature of it, it's supposed to have parts of arena in it so it gets a little crazy, 2 v 2 even 3 v 3 would be so damn dull, sorry but not every game mode has to be competitive. The only thing I would change is maybe make the middle bigger for better team fights and not as easy rotations to either lane, and put something besides a damage buff in the center or remove it totally because from what I've seen no one really cares about it enough to incite a team fight. Anyways that's my feed back, please HiRez leave it 5 v 5.

So0uNd
12-15-2015, 07:29 AM
I would like to see the clash mode officially in-game.It's awesome