PDA

View Full Version : Evolution said what?

Shaman
11-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Disclaimer, this message is not a discussion on how whether or not god is real, so lets avoid that at all costs please.

http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/images/no-evolution.jpg

In all my years of dealing with stupidity, none come close to the common arguments I hear about evolution. "If man evolved from monkeys/apes/or whatever, why aren't they still evolving in Africa right now."

"Oh, than where are all the in betweens? We have man, and we have monkey's, but where are the rest? I haven't seen any, have you?"

Seriously, where did this even come from? Evolution stated man and ape SHARED A COMMON ANCESTORS, not that man evolved from apes. We don't see the in-between because there never were any. Apea/monkeys/or whatever are currently in their latest of their evolutionary track just like humans are currently in our latest of evolutionary track. We split from and went down two different evolution paths, no more and no less!

So where does this false idiology that we evolved from monkeys emerge and how do people just blindly argue it?

RippleApple
11-01-2015, 05:17 PM
I dunno man the one in the middle slightly to the right kinda looks like Drybear.

Pokechu212
11-01-2015, 05:25 PM
People generally only listen to the first few words that someone says. The instant someone says "We evolved from ape-like-creatures," they ignore whatever the guy proceeds to elaborate on and they focus only on how we evolved from ape-like-creatures. They then make a connection between these creatures and modern apes, and thus everyone thinks we evolved from modern day monkeys.

That, and pokemon has clouded our view of evolution. Think I'm joking?

Lel.

Shaman
11-01-2015, 06:21 PM
People generally only listen to the first few words that someone says. The instant someone says "We evolved from ape-like-creatures," they ignore whatever the guy proceeds to elaborate on and they focus only on how we evolved from ape-like-creatures. They then make a connection between these creatures and modern apes, and thus everyone thinks we evolved from modern day monkeys.

That, and pokemon has clouded our view of evolution. Think I'm joking?

Lel.

Hey, you can't blame pokemon, I grew up on gen 1 and gen 2. Hell I could name all 151 pokemon in order and even I knoe evolution doesn't work that way.

I do agree with people hear only what they want to hear, even I do it sometimes. Hell, when I do it, it because I legitimately actually missed a art of what was said xD

I dunno man the one in the middle slightly to the right kinda looks like Drybear.I actually don't fully know what anyone at hi-rez look like. Outside of the studio visit and the one time I watched the "art showcase", I don't pay much attention.

Pokechu212
11-01-2015, 09:25 PM
That guy has some sexy ass hair.

Enigmatisty
11-01-2015, 10:22 PM
10/10 would bang the guy on the far right
But I also thought about this. It does seem very weird that monkeys and apes still exist, but the thing that keeps me from doubting evolution is that skeletal remains of former iterations of our current species exist. Also I suppose it's because apes currently have very similar skeletons and brains to humans.
Also Pokemon is fun, but retarded. If it didn't garner so much attention because of its unique take on evolution, it would have suffered the same fate as Digimon.

RippleApple
11-01-2015, 11:00 PM
10/10 would bang the guy on the far right
But I also thought about this. It does seem very weird that monkeys and apes still exist, but the thing that keeps me from doubting evolution is that skeletal remains of former iterations of our current species exist. Also I suppose it's because apes currently have very similar skeletons and brains to humans.
Also Pokemon is fun, but retarded. If it didn't garner so much attention because of its unique take on evolution, it would have suffered the same fate as Digimon.

And the fact that its games weren't garbage.

Shaman
11-02-2015, 05:48 AM
Wheeze does the theory come from? Charles Darwin's book 'On The Origin Of Species' why? Because of adaptation.
D...did you actually pay attention to what I said?

"If the anthropomorphous apes be admitted to form a natural sub-group... we may infer that some ancient member of the anthropomorphous sub-group gave birth to man."
Quotes from: Darwin, C. R. 1871. The descent of man, and selection in relation to sex. London: John Murray. Volume 1. 1st edition. (http://darwin-online.org.uk/content/frameset?pageseq=210&itemID=F937.1&viewtype=side)

Charles Darwin never said we came from modern day monkeys or apes, saying that ahows a miss understanding of what he said and I didn't ask where the theory of evolution or survival of the fittest came from, I did have biology in highschool.

So saying "man evolved from monkeys and apes' didn't come from Darwin when Darwin didn't say that.

Why do people blindly argue it? Well, I would argue that if all species evolved because of the need to adapt to physical conditions, why are there still animals left? I mean, shouldn't we all have evolved to humans?

Y...you're joking right?

Anyways, people aruge the theory because they don't want to accept that there could possibly be another theory on how we came to be. We should embrace what we don't know in order to understand it, but some people just won't do it.
Ok you actually didn't read what I said because no where in my post did I ask why people argue the theory of evolution, of course people are going to argue, even in the world of sciences its still a theory, not a fact! Which can actually be argued seeing who we actually do watch evolutions every day. The very viruses we create vaccines to battle, are constantly evolving, adapting, and changing becoming more and more immune to the current vaccinations. Scientist and doctors look through telescopes and see this everyday.

And the fact that its games weren't garbage.
No digimon games were garbage, that's why it died off. Hell I can't even think of one that was good. Hell, I can't even think of one that let you play the digimon you WANTED!

Me playing digimon, "wizardmon...I want him!!! Then they taught me with all the Dragon type Digimon.

Pokechu212
11-02-2015, 06:02 AM
Why do people blindly argue it? Well, I would argue that if all species evolved because of the need to adapt to physical conditions, why are there still animals left? I mean, shouldn't we all have evolved to humans?
I cried.

How are humans the perfect embodiment of nature? We can't keep ourselves warm, we have no natural way of defending ourselves, we can't digest raw meat, we have weak senses, our mouths are too small for our jaws, and what we see as human nature today brings more downfalls than benefits. If anything, we should have all evolved into dolphins (fun fact: dolphins have bigger brains than ours).

Seriously though, please do your research before posting anything like this here. Even if the theory of evolution were false, this just doesn't make sense. You need to look at how long most modern mammals have been alive. Is this really enough time to turn a deer into a fully-functional deer-human abomination?

Nalessa
11-02-2015, 07:10 AM
I like how when people argue evolution, you point to how a virus can evolve in our own lifetime to be immune to vaccine, but apprently that doesn't count ...

I will say one thing though, there are things in evolution that don't add up.

Like human brain spontaniously growing really big over a relatively short period of times.
Evolutions of that magnitude would take wayyyy longer, what happened there?

The fact that we faced extinction twice and survived.
There are these marks in our DNA, in any extinct animal DNA, that mark a point of no return.
Once this point is passed, the species will die out, there is no turning back and is unavoidable, humans have not one, but two of these, so again what happend that we were able to go against the laws of nature itself while being primitives.

Also certain animals ... I think cougars are one of them (could be jaguars) pretty much came out of nowhere, not making sense from where they came or evolved from, they were all of a sudden just ... there.

I believe in evolution without a doubt, but I won't deny these kind of facts neither.

The oldest still running religion is in India, and it has always talked about gods fighting in chariots and such ... maybe both religion and science are right?
Maybe evolution is a thing, but also "gods" (aka, maybe an advanced race of aliens, or maybe even an advanced earth human type species existed) might have messed with nature in the past, helping out prrimitive humans from extinction twice, creating new species of animals, making our brain grow in the hopes we would reach a intellect that was on their level so they have another civilization to interact with? Or maybe they just needed easy and obedient workers to do all manual labor for them?

Shaman
11-02-2015, 07:12 AM
I cried.

How are humans the perfect embodiment of nature? We can't keep ourselves warm, we have no natural way of defending ourselves, we can't digest raw meat, we have weak senses, our mouths are too small for our jaws, and what we see as human nature today brings more downfalls than benefits. If anything, we should have all evolved into dolphins (fun fact: dolphins have bigger brains than ours).
We have no adaption for aquatic life or travel. We lavk tge ability to disconnect a d replace a lost limb. It's through sheer egotism that we labelled our bodies the most advanced machine on the planet, especially when a gorilla cacan snap our snecks with a single punch, a large cat can tear us to pieces, one nip from a komodo Dragon, and the hundreds of arachnids and insects that can kill us without even trying. If a gorilla or a spider had the intelligence of humans, then humans might be an endangered species.

Also, there are articles out there that say dolphins aren't as smart as we were led to believe. The original studies actually many pulated data and information for their own agenda.

Seriously though, please do your research before posting anything like this here. Even if the theory of evolution were false, this just doesn't make sense. You need to look at how long most modern mammals have been alive. Is this really enough time to turn a deer into a fully-functional deer-human abomination?
Windigo

:p